Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

A taste for people who have never encountered "western" food in Asia: http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2008/02/crazy-weird-asian-pizza-crusts-japanese-korean-hong-kong.html

You may think this list is just grabbing the most bizarre things possible and none of this is actually around much. Nobody eats a pizza made from sweet potatoes injected with mayonnaise. You would be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Grand Fromage posted:

A taste for people who have never encountered "western" food in Asia: http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2008/02/crazy-weird-asian-pizza-crusts-japanese-korean-hong-kong.html

You may think this list is just grabbing the most bizarre things possible and none of this is actually around much. Nobody eats a pizza made from sweet potatoes injected with mayonnaise. You would be wrong.

Thinking a "triple cheese pizza" was three pizzas stacked on top of each other is actually pretty funny.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Pretty sure most Asian interpretations of western food would give westerners the shits, too.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
The worst culprit I know is a Korean steakhouse. The steak was nothing special, but the baked potato used whipping cream instead of sour cream.

But really, foreign food getting butchered by locals is nothing new. It happens all over the world. To Chinese and Dutch folks, kale salads are not how we normally eat kale. Sushi in the States is atrocious with mayonnaise, cream cheese, siriacha, and god knows what instead of actual good seafood. Don't even get me started on American Chinese, or American - [Asian] food :suicide:

Heck, even generic US bread, cheese, cured meats, pastries and what not from the super market taste atrocious compared to what you can find in Europe. Most places serving pasta and Italian are also pretty subpar. Jewish food is an exception because :godwin:

However, once you go to Europe, people can't make a taco/burrito right. Even hamburgers and steaks never come out right unless you go to super fancy restaurants.

Disclosure: I really really like Hong Kong style soy sauce western. It's such a guilty pleasure eating junk. It's the same with Bloodnose and his preference with American Japanese

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

caberham posted:

However, once you go to Europe, people can't make a taco/burrito right. Even hamburgers and steaks never come out right unless you go to super fancy restaurants.

People in parts of the US can't even make Mexican food right. I have yet to find any sort of Carnitas in Oregon whereas in Texas they sold it precooked by the pound.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
My favorite food in the world is german-style Döner Kebab, which is a Germanized version of Turkish food. I ate it almost every single day for a year that I lived in Germany, and I haven't been back for ten years.

I was in Seattle last year and saw they had a "Berlin Döner" place so I went there with much happiness in my heart, and they kind of hosed up the Germanized version of the Turkish food, but it was close enough to be pretty loving awesome.

One day I want to go to Turkey and have the actual Turkish version

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
Okay this topic is boring. No one cares what food you like and I certainly don't care about systran's German Turkish food in my Chinese politics thread. So let's look at the always-great biglychee.com

Big Lychee posted:

Before Occupy Central even decides whether to go ahead, its fake-grassroots opposition movement has its big gathering this Sunday. The Standard quotes organizer Robert Chow as advising marchers to smile in the face of taunts from misfits who are not part of the Silent Majority. So, as a result of the Communist Party’s United Front pressure on your boss, you’ve been forced to cancel a dream vacation with your family with no refund, and ordered to walk through the streets in the heat and humidity chanting slogans about how you like needing 14 years’ salary to buy a home – and then you have to grin. You’d want to slash your wrists. But they’ve thought of that…

The anti democracy crowd never disappoints.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

P-Mack posted:

Also, "Western" food in Singapore often bears little resemblance to what you'd actually find in the West, somewhat analogous to American Chinese food. If you order $2 hot dog spaghetti from a hawker you deserve your fate.
I've actually had decent hawker pasta but yeah, hotdog spaghetti is gross.

"Cheezy chicken chop" on the other hand, what the gently caress.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Sorry I can never tell if this is the China travel thread or the DnD thread :(

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
I have a new savings plan, I just need to not spend anything and live on the street for 14 years and I can finally afford a house that's just over the size of a jail cell!

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1573019/14-years-save-flat-just-dont-eat

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
And that estimate fails to account for inflation :getin:

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
I'm really excited and can't wait to see where CY Leung and that Lam lady will take us next.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Bloodnose posted:

Okay this topic is boring. No one cares what food you like and I certainly don't care about systran's German Turkish food in my Chinese politics thread. So let's look at the always-great biglychee.com

I thought that the PRC ivory tower compound where all the high level officials live/work had a bunch of high class Western restaurants, and that one guy going out to get pork buns was a huge deal.

Powerlurker
Oct 21, 2010

P-Mack posted:

Also, "Western" food in Singapore often bears little resemblance to what you'd actually find in the West, somewhat analogous to American Chinese food. If you order $2 hot dog spaghetti from a hawker you deserve your fate.

So many of my east Asian colleagues in grad school thought it perfectly normal and acceptable to put ketchup on spaghetti...

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Powerlurker posted:

So many of my east Asian colleagues in grad school thought it perfectly normal and acceptable to put ketchup on spaghetti...

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20638364,00.html

quote:

Honey Boo Boo's Mama June Shares 'Sketti' Recipe

Watch out, Martha Stewart!

The stars of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo have some of their own culinary tricks to share with viewers.

"I think the family's favorite meal is sketti," Mama June reveals on an episode of the TLC hit. Sketti, it turns out, is spaghetti noodles topped with heaps of butter and liberal squirts of ketchup.

"It's an old family recipe," says June, who is shown mixing scoops of butter with ketchup into a plastic container and melting the mixture together in a microwave.

One big fan of the concoction: the show's 7-year-old star Alana Thompson, who says "Oh, it smells so good," and takes a taste of sauce.

June says the meal, which she grew up eating, is delicious – and budget friendly.

Yeah, it is. I'll say one positive thing about it though, this is the same family that will easily butcher a freshlky killed roadkill animal they come across and revel in the meal. They may eat noodles with ketchup and and butter, but a freshly killed animal butchered properly and then cooked is about as high quality cuisine as you can get.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

A place in the united states advertising "Asian food" is like a radiation hazard symbol.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Arglebargle III posted:

A place in the united states advertising "Asian food" is like a radiation hazard symbol.

Well, most are really bad. But, sometimes, you just want that westernized asian food.

Fame Douglas fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Aug 14, 2014

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

In Oranienburg (just outside Berlin) I saw an eatery advertising "Thai and Asian food". I suspect it was run by Thais who had thrown in some generic "Asian" dishes to appease their customers.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001
The best restaurant like that I saw was a "Chinese, Mexican, and Japanese" place in Lebanon, Oregon. Any one of those is rare to find done well in rural Oregon, let alone all three in the same drat restaurant.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I was binge watching CSIS videos on youtube and I heard ai interesting comment. One of the former US diplomat said Xi's father Xi Xhongxun held leadership roles in Guangzhou between 1978 to 1981 (and interestingly, spent his retire years not in his home province, but in Shenzhen.)

Was HK still hostile to mainland during the time before the Sino-British join Declaration that's why Xi formed a very negative view toward Hong Kong? I have to confess I am not familiar with 70s and early 80s HK media and don't know what their views were toward mainland.

whatever7 fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 14, 2014

dilbertschalter
Jan 12, 2010

Bloodnose posted:

sure, but food chat is roughly 100 umpteen times more interesting than hk chat.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe

dilbertschalter posted:

sure, but food chat is roughly 100 umpteen times more interesting than hk chat.

屌你老母/gently caress off.

Some poo poo went down last night as the Chairman of the Law Society was shot down by a vote of no confidence. Such a thing has never happened in the Hong Kong Law Society. The dumbass jerk who got the boot was Ambrose Lam who faced the vote after he decided to suck Communist cock:

SCMP posted:

The [Hong Kong Bar A]ssociation argued Beijing was mistaken in its view that judges were "administrators" like the chief executive and top officials who had a "basic political requirement" to love the country, and criticised the contention that judges should consider national security and China's interests.

The white paper, released by the State Council last week, emphasised Beijing's "comprehensive jurisdiction" over Hong Kong, and said its autonomy was subject to Beijing's authority.

Law Society president Ambrose Lam San-keung said he believed the Bar Association's criticism of the white paper arose from differing definitions of "administration".

"Broadly speaking, [the administration] includes the executive and legislative branches, as well as the judiciary," Lam said.

"If you look at the US and British administrations, it is very clear that [they follow that broad definition]," Lam said.

He believes that the Bar Association could have interpreted "administrators" narrowly to include only the executive branch.

Lam said the city's judicial independence would not be damaged by the white paper, but sidestepped the question of whether judges must consider the national interest in their rulings.

"Hong Kong is very special, and 'one country, two systems' is unprecedented, so the local and central governments have to grope for answers on many questions, and I don't have one for you," Lam told reporters.

He also accepted that swearing allegiance to Hong Kong, something already required of judges, might not satisfy Beijing's standard for patriotism. "Swearing allegiance is not some simple lip service," he said.

So in Hong Kong's British-style legal system, the Bar Association represents barristers, who do like criminal law and wiggy stuff, while the Law Society represents solicitors, who do like criminal law and boring, papery, non-wiggy stuff. That's my American understanding of it anyway. So the barristers from the get-go said Beijing can gently caress right off with its attempt to dick around with Hong Kong's judicial independence, while Ambrose Lam thought he was speaking for the solicitors when he decided to engage in boot-licking. He was wrong. And he'll have to give up his job, one way or the other. That's even after Beijing apparently tried to lend him a hand:

The Standard posted:

Yam revealed that, some solicitors told him they received phone calls from the central government liaison office or members of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference.
Some of the Chinese companies even sent staff to their law firms seeking proxy votes directly.

This is the first major victory for the pro-democracy camp since the White Paper kicked off all this insanity. The public referendum with its huge number of votes was nice, but it didn't have any immediate effect. The ouster of a Beijing crony from a position of authority that is immediately attributable to his being a Beijing boot-licker is a big deal. Even moreso because Beijing tried to pull their voter intimidation crap and still failed.

Lawyers are kind of a strange animal in Hong Kong because wealthier, empowered types here are almost universally publicly patriotic. Even those who aren't in the tycoon class like managers, executives and those types tend to express more pro-government views because it's good for business. Lawyers are rich, or at least HENRY types, but tend to be much more pro-democracy. They've had their own pro-democracy marches and now they've voted out this jerk. At the most cynical level, you could say it's because their jobs depend on Hong Kong maintaining the British common law system and their getting anything done within it depends on it staying independent. A fair number of them are also not ethnic Chinese:

One of the four permanent judges on the Court of Final Appeal, HK's highest court, is Roberto Alexandre Vieira Ribeiro. Syed Kemal Shah Bokhary retired from permanent judgeship on the Court to the non-permanent version in 2012, where he sits alongside The Right Honourable the Lord Collins of Mapesbury, The Right Honourable the Lord Clarke of Stone-cum-Ebony, The Right Honourable the Lord Phillips of Worth Matravers, and on and on and on. In fact the only Chinese judges in Hong Kong's highest court are the three other permanents: Chief Justice Ma, and Justices Tang and Fok.

Ma can be kind of a dick and Final Appeal has been known to do the government's bidding on certain sensitive issues (like overturning Right of Abode for foreign domestic workers last year), but Hong Kong's lawyers and judges are generally on our side. And it's nice that they proved as much again last night.

The fact that the judiciary is here to protect us makes it hurt a bit less when the police pull poo poo like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh9GmP03nlI
Police Commissioner Andy Tsang says it's really important that police officers be able to express their political opinions as private citizens. So if you see any of them running in the anti-democracy thingy on Sunday, it's totally cool guys. It's also cool when they sign that one anti-democracy petition. Funny that none of this came up before the anti-democracy stuff started. Do all police hate democracy? Or is it only okay for them to express opinions when they go along with what the government wants.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
It was a huge victory for an objective judicial system that is only loyal to the word of the law, as it should be. Also, Ambrose Lam has refused to say if he will step down. Something tells me he will try to see if somebody from the CCP will come scoop up his life raft, and they just might.

MrNemo
Aug 26, 2010

"I just love beeting off"

Just to clarify on solicitor/barrister: A solicitor is who you hire to give you legal advise, do paperwork and so on. A barrister is who the solicitor hires if things are going to end up in court, defendants can't hire one directly. The basic distinction is meant to be solicitors arrange contracts, give legal advice and do all the humdrum side of legal activity. Barristers are who you need when things go wrong and people end up in front of a judge. Solicitors hate barrister because they are arrogant and charge a gently caress ton for short periods of time. Barristers hate solicitors because they're arrogant and solicitors never loving pay them on time.

Bonus confusion: most systems operating on British lines have also introduced solicitor advocates who in civil (and I believe now non-serious criminal) cases can represent clients in court. Barristers are still pretty unhappy with this as it means 'clients will be receiving non-expert representation'.

It's good to see that the Law society and lawyers are either dedicated enough to the ideals of rule of law or far sighted enough to realise the effect on them of that image being damaged, to take the risk of loudly and visibly standing against having HK's political and legal system totally rewritten by Beijing.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
Uh... soo... the Oriental Daily ran a full page obituary for Jimmy Lai. But he's not dead. And

Jimmy Lai owns the Apple Daily and is probably the richest and most important outspoken anti-Beijing, pro-Democracy businessman in Hong Kong. His tabloids are easily the most popular news outlets in Hong Kong, especially among the young. The pro-Beijing crowd hates his guts. They do everything they can to poison his well, trying to paint him as a puppet of Washington or something. When he's really just a libertarian motherfucker who wants Beijing out of his hair.

NYT posted:

It was the journalistic equivalent of putting a horse’s head in your rival’s bed. Lai Chee-ying, 65, also known as Fatty Lai and a native of Shunde in the southern Chinese province of Guangdong, had died of AIDS and cancer on Aug. 7. Since his family members were also sick, there would be no funeral.

Although one character in the man’s name had been switched to another one with the same sound, the other biographical details matched those of Jimmy Lai, owner of a rival newspaper, Apple Daily, and a well-known supporter of Hong Kong’s pro-democracy movement. There was no indication that it was a paid advertisement. It offered condolences to the employees of “Two Media.” In Chinese, Apple Daily’s parent company uses characters whose literal translation is “One Media.”

Repeated phone calls made to the editorial and advertising offices of Oriental Daily to ask about the meaning of the fake obituary were not returned.

“Would NYT accept this ad? Of course not, nor would any responsible newspaper, including Apple Daily,” Mr. Lai said in a phone text message. “As media we shouldn’t have any personal animosity against anybody.”

In June, Next Media said that two British banks, HSBC and Standard Chartered, had earlier withdrawn advertising from the company after being pressured to do so by Beijing’s liaison office in Hong Kong.

Jimmy Lai's video response on the Apple Daily website is pretty funny.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
I heard that was an internet hoax, bloodbose.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
Well it's still up on the New York Times and the Washington Post with no corrections. What do you have saying it's a hoax?

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

Bloodnose posted:

Well it's still up on the New York Times and the Washington Post with no corrections. What do you have saying it's a hoax?

My wife!

Edit: Nevermind, she said "It's fake" because Jimmy Lai's not dead. Not because it wasn't real.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That seem a bit tasteless and childish. So you are allowed to say anyone is died of AIDS in HK? Can you say that in UK ad not get into libel trouble?

Wait so whats Oriental Daily's political association?

whatever7 fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Aug 16, 2014

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
It's a Pro-Beijing version of the Apple Daily. They're a soft news tabloid but they don't talk about mainlander stuff like Apple does.

As for libel... Jimmy Lai might have a case because of AIDS stigma, but it would be a longshot because it's technically not his name and they used a slightly different name for his media conglomerate and they technically didn't say he actually did anything bad except die.

I do love how childish it was though HE DIED OF LIKE UH AIDS AND A BUNCH OF CANCERS.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

This just in, Rupert Morlock dead of fail aids

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

Bloodnose posted:

It's a Pro-Beijing version of the Apple Daily. They're a soft news tabloid but they don't talk about mainlander stuff like Apple does.

As for libel... Jimmy Lai might have a case because of AIDS stigma, but it would be a longshot because it's technically not his name and they used a slightly different name for his media conglomerate and they technically didn't say he actually did anything bad except die.

I do love how childish it was though HE DIED OF LIKE UH AIDS AND A BUNCH OF CANCERS.

THey were reading FYAD

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
ALSO HE GAVE THE CANCER AIDS TO ALL HIS FAMILY AND THEY'RE TOO BUSY DYING OF CANCEROUS AIDS TO HAVE A FUNERAL.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
Lots of smugness from the pro-democracy camp today as the Anti-Occupy Central demonstration failed miserably to meet its turnout expectations.

These ones from Facebook captioned "250,000 people, huh? :rolleyes:"

Left: this year's July 1 pro-democracy protest, Right: anti-OC rally. I'd like to see a comparison with just a normal day. Probably not much difference with the right picture.

SCMP's live coverage

SCMP posted:

5pm: Hundreds of protesters from the Hong Kong Federation of Fujian Associations have arrived at the marches end point in Central.
They are speaking in the Fujian dialect and many are reluctant to take any questions from reporters.

One woman said: "I am here to oppose Occupy Central as it will mess up Hong Kong ... political reform? What is political reform?"

"While some elderlies are pointing their fingers at Occupy Central angrily, blasting the movement for destroying Hong Kong, there are more protesters who appear to be very reluctant to take questions from reporters. There is an employee from Ying Wah Construction Group saying he was not forced to join before I asked any question."

4.20pm: One woman taking part told the Post that she had only joined the march after direct pressure from her seniors at work. The woman, who did not want to be identified for fear of reprisals, said she was from Hong Kong but some of her colleagues had travelled from Shenzhen. "I would not have joined if there was no pressure," she said, adding that she normally took part in Hong Kong's July 1 demonstration.

3.55pm: The march is rather a lacklustre affair, according to Post reporters on the ground. Marchers are plodding along, shielding themselves from the sun with umbrellas, while there is no chanting of slogans or creative costumes often seen during Hong Kong demonstrations. "Whistles blown half-heartedly can be heard from time to time but most people look indifferent. It seems like a march without a soul," reports Nectar Gan.

3.41pm: More people taking part in the march have told journalists that they aren't sure what they are marching for. One woman, who identified herself as a tourist, told Cable Television News: "I come here to play, to buy things". Another, an 18-year-old chef from Shenzhen, told Agence France-Presse that he was "not very sure" why he was taking part, and had only attended because his friend had asked him to.

3.05pm: A number of South Asian men have joined the protest, dressed in the red shirts carrying the logo of the Federation of Hong Kong Shenzhen Association. One participant, who did not give his name, refused to say whether they were being paid to join the march. "We are tourists," he said.

Police and protesters appear to be getting on famously - a marked contrast to relations during the July 1 demonstration. Some of the marchers are even thanking officers as they pass by.

One man, who gave his name only a Mr Che, said he had just finished a free lunch with fellow marchers and was now heading onto the streets. 'Occupy Central can't be peaceful, it must break the law. That's why I'm against it," he said.

1.30pm: A group aged in their 50s lining up in Hong Hum also sported the Federation of Hong Kong Shenzhen Association shirts. One woman told the Post she was joining the march for fun, as part of a day trip.

When asked whether she knew what she was marching for, she replied: "I don't know, I'm just here to join the fun. I only know it's for anti-Occupy Central." When asked whether she knew what Occupy Central was, she shook her head.

Empty donation boxes

For the "Run for Democracy" organized by Silent Majority, they expected a turnout of about 10,000 and the police put their official count at 880. Now the police have traditionally put their head counts much lower than pro-democracy groups during previous protests so I guess it would be nice if they were similarly deflating the figures for the anti-democracy crowd. I'm not sure I actually buy that they would though.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
Well you'll never guess where I ended up last night. An old acquaintance asked if I was free to perform for "the birthday party of some retired Royal Hong Kong Police". I actually happened to be free so I said yes. Hoo boy, was that a mistake. When I arrived, there were huge banners of the Support the Police Force Association up and people walking around in bright orange "Alliance for Justice" or "Support CY" shirts. I froze, but a gig is a gig...

The crowd was older, mostly grey-hairs. The few young people were there because their parents were there, and some poor Indian teenager was trotted out as proof of inclusiveness. They were mostly retired police from the pre-handover era. One man showed me his Royal Navy Ex-Servicemen's Association card. One proudly displayed his Royal Hong Kong Regiment jacket because "today is a victory". So mostly older, conservative, without much higher education. They were friendly, though, and I smiled, nodded, and drank the free beer.

During the speeches, the general gist I got was that they are Chinese Hong Kongers (in that order), a prosperous China means a prosperous Hong Kong and vice versa, and probably most important, peace and tranquility are paramount. Excepting the 1967 riots Hong Kong has been an oasis of calm in a China wracked by revolutions and upheaval and they are true believers in the ideal of stability being most important. In opposition to the western, and particularly North American ideal of freedom and right, they firmly believe the opposite: order.

Now, whether they see the inherent instability in preventing change and allowing corruption to fester through unaccountable officials is a different topic, one that I thought was probably not prudent to bring up in a room full of march organisers. I politely made my exit as soon as I could and went home to be laughed at by my wife while my visiting mother in law asked where the $350 cash payout was.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Hey folks! I'm sure this has already been answered somewhat over the past couple years this thread has been open, but are there any good, accessible books on economic forecasts for China that you think are also particularly accurate? I've been thinking of getting Michael Pettis' Avoiding the Fall, since that's been getting good reviews, but I wanted to see what some of you have to say about it.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The only way to get a grasp on Xi's vision of China's economic is read the Eighteenth Congress Third Plenum documents a few times.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

whatever7 posted:

The only way to get a grasp on Xi's vision of China's economic is read the Eighteenth Congress Third Plenum documents a few times.

This is a pretty cool discussion, thanks!

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

http://beijingcream.com/2014/08/foreigners-told-stay-off-the-drugs-and-twitter/

This sounds very much like happy fun China time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So Hong Kong went Ferguson over a dead dog, WTF happened?