Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Mill Village posted:

Looks like UAVs are going to really easy to shoot down now.

Now? Towards the end of the BLOPS2 days I'd pretty regularly run a class with a launcher as a secondary because 90% of the time when you'd hear the "enemy UAV/CUAV/w.e" announcement you could drop it within 5 seconds. I started doing this because I had run into a couple games where we played someone who did it to me and it was incredibly frustrating therefor I had to adopt it. It's a bit of a waste of a pick-X slot but can also be helpful while trying to run up your own streaks.

It was especially gratifying when someone would get a heli or a similarly mid-tier streak and you could pop two rockets, die, then spawn and immediately drop it. See also; dropping turrets with EMPs immediately after they've been placed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

Mister Macys posted:

drat, I was hoping for a joke post of that video Lowtax did. :q:

Spawn kill at the two minute mark in that first vid.
Never change CoD, never change. :allears:

i believe we were pissed when we couldn't spawn kill. are we back to being pissed about spawn killing?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I for one, am happy that the game is still broken.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

der juicen posted:

i believe we were pissed when we couldn't spawn kill. are we back to being pissed about spawn killing?

I was the one pissed about spawn killing; as the only person on the forums that considers Demolition unsporting.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

I for one, am happy that the game is still broken.

The one constant for Call of Duty.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

More like life, the universe, and everything, really.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Are either of the Atlas editions available for in-store pick up anywhere? Looking at Gamestop, Walmart, and BestBuy's sites, none seem to allow for it.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

JackGeneric posted:

I'm noticing lots of neat little UI things. The minimap highlights your icon in red while you're firing an unsilenced weapon (I thought I also saw it highlight when someone got pinged by a UAV in another video, but that didn't seem to happen in any of these), and it shows you when your teammates are firing.

Thats actually one of the upgrade options for the uav. It turns it into a wall hack. Kind of like that grenade that tags people through walls.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

CheeseFactory posted:

Thats actually one of the upgrade options for the uav. It turns it into a wall hack. Kind of like that grenade that tags people through walls.

No, I'm talking about the arrow that represents you on the minimap. It gets a red glow/outline effect just after you fire an unsilenced weapon. But you've seen someone using the wallhack UAV module? Is it constant highlighting or does it pulse like the Oracle did in Ghosts?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The wallhack UAV pulses like the Oracle does.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
When you use your exo dash or double jump, your arrow is outlined, too. And yeah, it's a pulse like Oracle. It's that streaky red outline you may have seen, like tracker rounds or the grenade.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The movement explained:
http://youtu.be/bGl0EhhtoOs

tldr: Double tap/hold A to boost jump, hold longer = more boost. Click left stick to dash. Clicking while sprinting forward is a slide instead of dash. Seems Scuf users will really benefit. Melee slam is weak, you need to be right on top of someone.

Roman fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Aug 14, 2014

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

Now? Towards the end of the BLOPS2 days I'd pretty regularly run a class with a launcher as a secondary because 90% of the time when you'd hear the "enemy UAV/CUAV/w.e" announcement you could drop it within 5 seconds. I started doing this because I had run into a couple games where we played someone who did it to me and it was incredibly frustrating therefor I had to adopt it. It's a bit of a waste of a pick-X slot but can also be helpful while trying to run up your own streaks.

It was especially gratifying when someone would get a heli or a similarly mid-tier streak and you could pop two rockets, die, then spawn and immediately drop it. See also; dropping turrets with EMPs immediately after they've been placed.

PDW+Stock & Laser Sight (or MSMC+Stock and Extended Clip)
SMAW or FHJ
Hardline
Scavenger
Engineer
EMP Grenade
Tactician Wildcard -> Black Hat

Disregard kills, acquire points.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

VJeff posted:

PDW+Stock & Laser Sight (or MSMC+Stock and Extended Clip)
SMAW or FHJ
Hardline
Scavenger
Engineer
EMP Grenade
Tactician Wildcard -> Black Hat

Disregard kills, acquire points.

Are you me? Cause this was my exact build.

I'd down UAV's the second they came up and would take down every sentry/guardian whatever through walls with black hats constantly.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Here's a video of the Akimbo LMGs, the XMG-11.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfcxC7uSjyE

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

If the guy who made Rabbo and Rabbo 2: Blood makes the third one with those, I will be the happiest person ever. :black101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPZiwvFbkHc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wuhzj3euIgc

Excalipur
Jul 2, 2003
You make me throw up a little.
This is an official confirmation that the Rabbo trilogy will conclude with Rabbo 3: John Rabbo

Excalipur fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Aug 15, 2014

PaulyWalnuts
Dec 31, 2007

DJ CIS DAD
i preordered for the 360 any of you other fools getting it for it or should i stick to playing blops 2

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

PaulyWalnuts posted:

i preordered for the 360 any of you other fools getting it for it or should i stick to playing blops 2

You really are the only regular I've heard say they are going with the 360 version. Xbone is tops and PS4 is a close second. Even Cajun has a bone.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Even I'm not stupid enough to buy it for the 360, and I'm puppy party!

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013

Spoon Man posted:

You really are the only regular I've heard say they are going with the 360 version.

I've gotten to the point where I'm not buying 360 games when a Bone version is available, unless I have a very good reason. It's pretty clear the new consoles are going to be the lead platforms for developers now.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
Even the slight increase of 8vs8 would have made the next gen version of Ghosts superior but the installed user base wasn't there yet, at least for the BOYS.

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013
The more gameplay I watch, the more I think that maybe I need to just make myself be comfortable with quickscoping being a thing.

I'm... I'm just tired of fighting it, man.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

A Dire Weresloth posted:

The more gameplay I watch, the more I think that maybe I need to just make myself be comfortable with quickscoping being a thing.

I'm... I'm just tired of fighting it, man.

Black Ops pre-patch never forget. :911:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I didn't see many videos of quickscopers killing people while they were jumping. They were either at ground level, slightly higher than them, or landing. I have yet to see someone quickscope someone while double-jumping.

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013

Mill Village posted:

I didn't see many videos of quickscopers killing people while they were jumping. They were either at ground level, slightly higher than them, or landing. I have yet to see someone quickscope someone while double-jumping.

Still haven't seen if there are (and I hope there are) accuracy penalties while jumping. It could be they have them, could also just be people aren't used to the Hoppy Suits yet.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
This is pretty much the COD game I wanted MW2 to be. Looks loving great, I skipped Ghost so I don't have any negative vibes over COD like some other people do.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

This is pretty much the COD game I wanted MW2 to be. Looks loving great, I skipped Ghost so I don't have any negative vibes over COD like some other people do.

What do you mean? Did you want exo suits in MW2?

Also, this game sounds really good in comparison to past CoDs.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Aug 16, 2014

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Am I reading right that there is no C4 in this game? Because that was kind of my most used weapon in MW3, BLOPS2, and Ghosts.

If VSAT is an upgraded UAV in this game, does that mean that the GhostLow Profile perk blocks it?

Also, trophy system built into hoppy suit :getin:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I could have sworn the first video in that set Fatty linked had a dude tossing C4 through a window...

I might be confusing it with the great games we had last night though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Unless I miss my guess, the C4 loving homes in on you this time. :v:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Charlie Intel confirms no C4 in Advanced Warfare.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/08/16/more-details-you-probably-didnt-know-about-advanced-warfare-mp/

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013

It's as if a million BOYS cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Yet there's now a sniper pistol to go with the sniper rifles. :suicide:

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

limited posted:

Yet there's now a sniper pistol to go with the sniper rifles. :suicide:

How can you quickscope a sniper pistol, bro? That poo poo's just not pro.

But seriously, no C4 saddens me. Maybe I will use hunter killerexplosive drone instead. Although my use of EMP grenades is likely to triple.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
There's just no placed equipment period, isn't that right?

Which is a shame, because using Shock-Clays with Scav when I was forced to play TDM was great fun.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

The Merry Marauder posted:

Which is a shame, because using Shock-Clays with Scav when I was forced to play TDM was great fun.

Doesn't look like it. Makes sense considering all the different movement options.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I dunno about you guys but I really wanna shoot spikes out of my arm at people's heads.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah, nobody is going to get claymored going through doors anymore when everyone is hopping on rooftops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013

The Merry Marauder posted:

Those spike drone things look like they might be a claymore-IED sort of thing, maybe? They kill on impact, but the icon when they're sitting on the map made me think so.

• Locked thread