Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Waffleman_ posted:

I want pictures of professors. Like, college professor types, especially ones who look like they'd teach history. The game this would be for would be in a modern-day setting. Here's the example I'm working with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Sole.Sushi posted:

A humble request: any and all art depicting volcanic activity, as well as creatures that appear to be made out of volcanic activity.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Sole.Sushi posted:

A humble request: any and all art depicting volcanic activity, as well as creatures that appear to be made out of volcanic activity.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Man, gently caress that card and the Primeval Titan it rode in on.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Beardless posted:

I hope you don't mind photographs.

Click for big.

Mind? How could anyone mind when real drat people are better than their illustrated counterparts!

ianvincible
Jan 23, 2004

Mazed posted:

Mind? How could anyone mind when real drat people are better than their illustrated counterparts!

Well, here's one more then. I think I got this from a previous incarnation of this thread.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Those eagles are used to hunt wolves. to hunt wolves.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

They are also super pretty and I want to pet them and this picture makes me jealous.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Man forget about crushing your enemies and hearing the lamentations of the women, it's all about fleet horses, the open steppe, eagle at your breast and wind in your hair. :black101:

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
Isn't that girl also 13? I remember a few months ago a picture of a 13 year old with a golden hawk. More badass than I will ever be.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Mazed posted:

Is this actually from the new PHB? :swoon:

Not only a dwarf dame in the spotlight, but I remember reading an old battered paperbook copy of the book that passage is from back in middle school (gently caress off, Drizzt & co. were the poo poo back then)

Female Dwarfs are sort of the spotlight now! Pathfinder's Iconic Dwarf character is female as well. Also trans!

Its a good season for dwarves.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Brainbread posted:

Female Dwarfs are sort of the spotlight now! Pathfinder's Iconic Dwarf character is female as well. Also trans!

For gently caress's sake, do not read the comments on that post.

I mean, "never read the comments" is already basically internet law, but holy poo poo do not read those comments. The mods seem to be doing a good job of quashing the crap wherever they see it, but the internet hate machine knows no bounds.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Poison Mushroom posted:

For gently caress's sake, do not read the comments on that post.

I mean, "never read the comments" is already basically internet law, but holy poo poo do not read those comments. The mods seem to be doing a good job of quashing the crap wherever they see it, but the internet hate machine knows no bounds.

They've come around it seems, just about all the comments I see are positive. Maybe the bad ones have been deleted by mods, but still, for once the comments aren't bad.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I suppose I may just be dense, but how does the trans thing fit in here? When I first read it, it seemed like the parents tried to raise their born-female daughter as a son, but then Shardra started puberty and the parents were kinda bummed that they could no longer raise their daughter as a son. Or was the idea that Shardra was born male and "budding femininity" refers to a less literal 'budding' secondary sex characteristics and more of coming to terms with her female identity kinda thing?

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Aug 14, 2014

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009

Dick Burglar posted:

I suppose I may just be dense, but how does the trans thing fit in here? It seems like the parents tried to raise their born-female daughter as a son, but then Shardra started puberty and the parents were kinda bummed that they could no longer raise their daughter as a son? Or was the idea that Shardra was born male and "budding femininity" refers to a less literal 'budding' secondary sex characteristics and more of realizing she's "female inside" kinda thing?

quote:

Most precious of all, Kolo taught her of the rivethun—dwarves who drew great power by embracing the disjunction between their bodies and souls—and she learned to brew the alchemical tinctures her past sisters used to quiet the rages of adolescence and bring their minds and bodies into harmony.

Alchemical HRT, assisted by magic.

e: Which still feels odd to me, like, how is this not a known thing that magic can just fix, like it does everything else in the world of 3.5/PF?

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Dick Burglar posted:

I suppose I may just be dense, but how does the trans thing fit in here? It seems like the parents tried to raise their born-female daughter as a son, but then Shardra started puberty and the parents were kinda bummed that they could no longer raise their daughter as a son? Or was the idea that Shardra was born male and "budding femininity" refers to a less literal 'budding' secondary sex characteristics and more of coming to terms with her female identity kinda thing?

The latter - see that the "budding femininity" line comes after:

quote:

she learned to brew the alchemical tinctures her past sisters used to quiet the rages of adolescence and bring their minds and bodies into harmony.

So, born with male physiology, raised male, but was able to use alchemy to gain female physiology that reflects her true gender.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I'm surprised she didn't just put on a belt.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Wittgen posted:

I'm surprised she didn't just put on a belt.

From their official site and everything!

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES

Flavivirus posted:

The latter - see that the "budding femininity" line comes after:

So, born with male physiology, raised male, but was able to use alchemy to gain female physiology that reflects her true gender.

With all of this representation I am now enthusiastically counting down to the moment religious conservatives somewhere in Eastern Europe try to drum up a Thing about RPG's promoting homosexuality. Like the Satanic Panic, except funnier.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

I see it calls for a fortitude save, and she is a dwarf. Maybe they tried the girdles and she kept rocking her saving throws. I can imagine her with face in her hands, softly crying next to a pile of wasted magical belts. "Why must I be so hardy?"

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I as a part of the Endless Fantasy kickstarter that had a "build your own model" reward, and decided to go for it. The game is pretty much based on Final Fantasy Tactics, and I wanted to include a Ogre Battle-esque character. I decided on the witch class, and included a heavy botany theme. During discussions of the character we decided to make her part of the rapterian race (hence the wings) and the gardening shears as a potential weapon was an "ah ha!" moment.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

FROOOOOOOOG posted:

e: Which still feels odd to me, like, how is this not a known thing that magic can just fix, like it does everything else in the world of 3.5/PF?

Polymorph Any Object is an eighth level spell. So, like, if your corner pharmacy has a 15th level wizard on payroll, then sure. Everything else has a duration on it.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Heatwizard posted:

Polymorph Any Object is an eighth level spell. So, like, if your corner pharmacy has a 15th level wizard on payroll, then sure. Everything else has a duration on it.

Well, we do have precedent for lower level characters getting that kind of mojo cast on them with the 3rd level Anevia from the Worldwound Incursion going M to F, who got it when her 5th level paladin spouse sold her sword to pay for the magic.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Reading about magical HRM's given me the idea of a group of PCs being sent to rustle up a Belt of Gender Changing, only to find they're now incredibly rare because modern wizards spend their time making actually useful items for adventurers.

:smugwizard: "Belts to turn men into women, spheres that vaporize everything they touch and wands that make you fill forms? What the gently caress was I smoking back then??"

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Forums Terrorist posted:

Reading about magical HRM's given me the idea of a group of PCs being sent to rustle up a Belt of Gender Changing, only to find they're now incredibly rare because modern wizards spend their time making actually useful items for adventurers.

:smugwizard: "Belts to turn men into women, spheres that vaporize everything they touch and wands that make you fill forms? What the gently caress was I smoking back then??"

This plot seems slightly implausible to me, because it's predicated on the idea that wizards won't devote at least 2-3 hours per day to using their Designer-Given godlike power just to be assholes for fun.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well stuff like the belt/girdle is a cursed item, wizards never made them on purpose back when they first appeared. Spheres of annihilation were just invented as a giant gently caress you to players. Not saying cursed items weren't either (they totally were) but at least they had an in universe explanation.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Night10194 posted:

This plot seems slightly implausible to me, because it's predicated on the idea that wizards won't devote at least 2-3 hours per day to using their Designer-Given godlike power just to be assholes for fun.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

TheWyrmDude posted:

Well, we do have precedent for lower level characters getting that kind of mojo cast on them with the 3rd level Anevia from the Worldwound Incursion going M to F, who got it when her 5th level paladin spouse sold her sword to pay for the magic.

Yeah, but the religious types are always really well connected. Jesus descends to ask you for one favor and suddenly the pope is introducing you to his personal friends, ooh! Meanwhile whenever I play a cleric it's all, "perverting the cycle of life" this, and "mockery of creation" that. You'd think they'd never seen a skeleton before. :colbert:

wizards

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

Pictured: Mount for Journey 2

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Brainbread posted:

I don't know much about Pathfinder, but now I want to, because this owns.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Anyone got Cyberpunk Vigilantes/Stylistas? Going for a genetically perfected, no biomod (if possible) Scarlet Pimpernel type character.

IllustriousChen
Feb 16, 2012

Golden Bee posted:

Anyone got Cyberpunk Vigilantes/Stylistas? Going for a genetically perfected, no biomod (if possible) Scarlet Pimpernel type character.

Stylistas took me on a bit of a fashion angle.

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

James T. Kirk was a great man, but that was another life.
Apologies if this is too big of a dump.

so i asked for "people of color fantasy portraits" awhile back for one of my players. Since then I've been continuing searching since its a hard thing to find. I come now with repayment in kind for those who are interested. Some are a little ambiguous and could go any number of ways ethnically speaking, especially with very light editing

There's great stuff out there but man it is buried. Also, interestingly, far easier to find cool armored warrior women than men.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Those are great and are actually somethings I'm looking for at the moment.

I'm away here and there for the next few weeks but when I'm back I'm wanting to get started on a fantasy arabian themed campaign. Looking for pictures of just anything and everything really, but any pictures of genies would be great, they are featured heavily in the campaign. It will have a Sinbad vibe to it so any pictures of swashbuckling corsairs would be nice as well.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Aug 19, 2014

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.
If you need an antagonist genie, I think I got one.

EDIT
Turns out I have more for this sort of stuff, here's what I found.

mechanicalFactory fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 19, 2014

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Hello new Pc!

Absolutely Fabulous.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

treeboy posted:

Apologies if this is too big of a dump.

so i asked for "people of color fantasy portraits" awhile back for one of my players. Since then I've been continuing searching since its a hard thing to find. I come now with repayment in kind for those who are interested. Some are a little ambiguous and could go any number of ways ethnically speaking, especially with very light editing\

There's great stuff out there but man it is buried. Also, interestingly, far easier to find cool armored warrior women than men.

This is a good post, so I'm gonna throw on some more of the people of color ones I've found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Holy poo poo I'm playing a finesse/dex lady paladin of Sune in our inaugural 5E game and this is great inspiration

In return for content here's some other duelist ladies