Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Lethemonster posted:

Considering the other child has the middle names 'Carrie Anne' and this one is 'Tryniti' I'm guessing their next child is going to be Neo (or Kneeyo). There is no hope for those parents, only hope that the children will escape young.

Next kid's going to be Aria. Or Areeya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Plom Bar posted:

Next kid's going to be Aria. Or Areeya.

Kelly C.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
Carrie Anne, my wayward son

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

LaughMyselfTo posted:

Carrie Anne, my wayward son

Pharell B. Piece...

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Regalingualius posted:

Pharell B. Piece...

Wen-yu R. Dunn

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Nope.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
It all started with a pretty normal post

but then this happened:

wth?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Holy poo poo

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
Robin's expression is appropriate.

The Comna
May 22, 2012

schtzn
schtzn
t-t-t-t
t-t-t-t

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

It all started with a pretty normal post

but then this happened:

wth?

You know, I can understand not liking cats, but this is taking things way too far.

Quint Gets Eaten
Apr 23, 2014
Reading that post is an emotional rollercoaster.

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009

1-800-DOG-LAW posted:

Background: Jennifer and Bart are having a baby daughter who they intend to name TRYNITI Dawn [last name]. Samantha has one of those Eastern European last names with lots of consonants. Jennifer thinks Samantha is a lawyer or a law student (??) for some reason. Kim is Jennifer's mom.

If you know Jennifer (Genyfyr??) we need to know the background on those court cases and what exactly happened when she "took on" the church. Also, are the 3 court cases related to the 3 kids she already has?

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Don't worry, I got it.

(Thor's Day means Thursday)

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Freyr gon' be pissed.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
This is one of the worst ones I've seen.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

SpliffClavin posted:

Ugh, every time I see one of these artifacted all to hell, I get the urge to take it into Photoshop and finish the job, cranking the compression up to 100% and making the thing completely unreadable, and then post it as a response.

"What? I don't know how it got like that. I have a heart and I'm against bullying so I reposted it like it says!"

super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

E: Oops, didn't read all unread pages.

tallest crocodile
Sep 10, 2011

How a TV show about Pre-historic life would reconstruct a goon.

Yeah people give me a really hard time about inserting this children's cartoon show into every conversation I have

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

SpliffClavin posted:

The only time I've ever heard "gay boy" used as an insult was by Ken Jeong's character in The Hangover.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

tallest crocodile posted:

Yeah people give me a really hard time about inserting this children's cartoon show into every conversation I have

Whatever happened to the Funny Man With Jokes and Laughing anyways?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Every time I see someone talking about cyber bullying, I instantly get the urge to repost this:

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

HonorableTB posted:

Every time I see someone talking about cyber bullying, I instantly get the urge to repost this:

Yeah except that is an incredibly stupid statement considering how important the internet and social media are in kids social lives today. That's like saying "school bullying how is that real? Stop eating lunch with everyone else and cry into your lunchbox in a bathroom stall, loser!" Sure, you can do it and people probably won't follow you to keep bullying you, but now you're eating lunch in a bathroom stall with no friends.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Except everything on the internet has privacy settings so you can literally erase the comments causing you problems while keeping everyone you like.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Kly posted:

Except everything on the internet has privacy settings so you can literally erase the comments causing you problems while keeping everyone you like.

Except in some cases this is not easily done, confusing, or updates in the future erase these settings (FaceBook is a prime example), and dedicated assholes will continue to make your life hell. Cyber bullying is a real thing.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
-snip- I need to remember my days of the week

bpc908 has a new favorite as of 17:56 on Aug 15, 2014

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

If youre too stupid to figure out how to block people theres probably a good reason youre being "cyber bullied"
Comparing real life bullying causing a kid to eat lunch in a bathroom stall and having to block a few jerks on facebook is retarded.

Kly has a new favorite as of 17:51 on Aug 15, 2014

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
I take cyberbullying pretty seriously because my best friend got doxxed; he managed to piss off someone with ties to ED, and now Googling his full name will bring up a page with all of his personal information and a list of embarrassing things he's done or supposedly done. It'll probably be there forever, and continually effect his job prospects. When I hear "cyberbullying" I think of that, not the kind of thing where you turn off your computer and it'll quit bothering you.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Kly posted:

If youre too stupid to figure out how to block people theres probably a good reason youre being "cyber bullied"
Comparing real life bullying causing a kid to eat lunch in a bathroom stall and having to block a few jerks on facebook is retarded.

You're underestimating how much space social media takes in modern day kids' social life. We grew up without Facebook, they didn't. Getting chased off the internet must suck pretty hard.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

"Cyber-bullying" is a stupid term for something that should just be called harassment.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
A friend of mine told me that his daughter got over 300 harassing emails one night from girls at school because she stuck up for someone who was being bullied.

I think that would piss me off too.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Gimnbo posted:

"Cyber-bullying" is a stupid term for something that should just be called harassment.

It's just straight up bullying with a fancy buzzword.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Kly posted:

I don't completely disagree but let's not forget how kids are better at computers than most of us and have always been loving relentless when it comes to tormenting the weak.

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009

Transmogrifier posted:

Except in some cases this is not easily done, confusing, or updates in the future erase these settings (FaceBook is a prime example), and dedicated assholes will continue to make your life hell. Cyber bullying is a real thing.

Yeah, and in many times the bullying isn't posted directly to the intended victim's social media sites that can be controlled. I have teen cousins and the things they show me happening on constantly evolving social media sites/apps is insane. There's an anonymous app called YikYak that you can only post to in a certain GPS range, so when everyone is on their school campus they can post anonymously. Things like "Sarah is a huge whore, up if you agree" and "Mike is a fag who deserves to die and burn in hell" are just par for the course. They're anonymous and out of the kids' control but everyone will see it, even if something is done about it. Things like Facebook confession pages and Instagram accounts that don't have a specific face attached to them will post things naming specific people and suddenly the whole school has seen it. Adults may have no idea how to even begin to take steps to get things removed or resolved (who do you contact? the app developer? how do you contact an app developer? Facebook staff? is some 56 year old school admin supposed to know how to report something to Facebook?) Even in that case it could take days or weeks to get it removed and by then everyone at the school is laughing about how Kelsey is a "retarded slut" so what's the point? Even if it gets deleted it can just be reposted to a million other social media platforms anyway. I think our generation (mid 20s-early 30s) pictures bullying with technology as something entirely different than it is today.

Stock images that are supposed to represent cyberbullying are absolutely laughable because that is so far from what really goes on.

EDIT: I knew I remembered a local news story about this a while back. There were, for a while, instagram accounts popping up called WHORESOF___COUNTY or SLUTSOF____HS and it had gotten so bad that the DA got involved with trying to get them taken down. But every time she did, another one would pop up.

Double Plus Good has a new favorite as of 18:26 on Aug 15, 2014

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Wasabi the J posted:

I don't completely disagree but let's not forget how kids are better at computers than most of us and have always been loving relentless when it comes to tormenting the weak.

Not to mention that people don't usually call "cyber-bullying" when it's just a few assholes.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
I found this one on a popular internet forum:

"Stop hitting yourself."

Someone should ask that guy what he thinks about crime victims who shouldn't have been walking around alone at night.

Edit: vv Sorry, fixed.

Centripetal Horse has a new favorite as of 18:15 on Aug 15, 2014

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

You forgot to censor my name on the editted notification.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Emma Watson is really bad at Twitter.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/elliewoodward/emma-watson-doesnt-get-twitter-and-its-ridiculously-cute?bffb

:3:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

SpliffClavin posted:

I like the implication that the only problem with calling someone a slut is the question of factual accuracy.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Please be a parody, oh pretty please be ironic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Double Plus Good posted:

EDIT: I knew I remembered a local news story about this a while back. There were, for a while, instagram accounts popping up called WHORESOF___COUNTY or SLUTSOF____HS and it had gotten so bad that the DA got involved with trying to get them taken down. But every time she did, another one would pop up.
There was a thing that happened here in Sweden last year, an Instagram account where people had their name and picture put up by someone together with their supposed sexual histories, basically calling people out as sluts. It culminated in pissed off teens literally storming the school where it was suspected to originate from, and in the end the two girls that were found responsible for the account got fined pretty heavily.

• Locked thread