Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I assume this is a long shot but would love if someone can find the answer out for me
The Plaid Hat Game Dead of Winter....when are they going to be shipping the next batch of the game out? I know they're accepting preorders after gencon but when the hell will those even be sent out?!?!?
If someone would be down, and if its not against any rules, I will happily paypal someone if they can get and send me a copy of the game from gencon!!

edit: on another note I'm stupidly excited for spoilers for any PP game that will help that forum tomorrow and one of these years
Hopefully within the next 2. I will be attending gencon myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Day 0:

Flew in from Miami with a buddy from my gaming group. Plane was full of nerds. No rental cars left so I got a town& country which drives like a bus.

Did will-call which only took a few minutes. Got a swag bag (ha no swag inside) right as they started giving them out.

Ate at the Ram. 30 minute wait so we just sat at an empty table outside. It worked, got service.

Went to the beer garden, huge line, went around that to the side entrance - no line, got right in.

Headed to the Marriott thanks to timely twitter intel and got a 1 on 1 demo of the new d&d iPad app. Spotted Ed Greenwood there.

Went to a brewery near the airport, lots of locals, no gencon people, good beer. Passed out shortly after.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Quarex posted:

Eeeeeeeeeeee

Now who took that picture of our table at Colts Grille to post how disappointingly normal we look overall?

I was this close to renaming the thread Still Sold Out Of 5XL Male T-Shirts.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I hate I missed the Goonmeet but the guys I'm with had reservations at St Elmo's so I was there (after watching the highly entertaining 5-Year Mission). Look for me, I'll be the fat bald guy with a goatee and a nerdy shirt on, shouldn't be hard to spot me

Trynant
Oct 7, 2010

The final spice...your tears <3
So shut up & sit down are going to be at Tomlinson tap room on friday evening. Anyone want to crash that?

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

When Friday evening?

Grinspork
Jun 20, 2004

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED
Oh goodness, I guess I need to keep an eye out for goons while wandering around aimlessly.

Edit: Added myself to the spreadsheet of hugeness.

Grinspork fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Aug 14, 2014

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Trynant posted:

So shut up & sit down are going to be at Tomlinson tap room on friday evening. Anyone want to crash that?

I'll definitely go if I'm done with retro dbz + I can find transportation back to my hotel room, which may be as easy as convincing my friends to not go back to the hotel room immediately after the tournament.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
*kicks in door* Hey I heard there were some loving STORYGAMERS in here *drops heavy bandoleer filled with yomi decks and wooden cubes on the bar*

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Just standing here in front of the center doors to the dealer hall like a coolguy.

E: the line for Doomtown is insane.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Aug 14, 2014

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
T.O.V.A. is from 4-7 on Saturday. That is all.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I got my grubby little mitts on a copy of Shadowrun Crossfire. Being in the first 50 I got some bonuses in the form of a couple extra characters.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Anyone found any good promos or freebie swag yet?

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Len posted:

I'm our groups medicine chest. I always take Excedrin, tums and anti-diarrhea pills. The one year they made fun of me for the anti-diarrhea medicine and then someones Burger King disagreed with him and he begged to have some of my delicious medicine.

My friends also make fun of me for this, but gently caress them. The last thing I want is explosive diarrhea in a convention center stall.

Peptobismol for life yall.

I have even eaten a preemptive pepto before leaving on a road trip without symptoms.

saint gerald
Apr 17, 2003
We have one spare True Dungeon ticket for Flight of the Zephyr at 20:15, and one for Into the Viper's Pit at 22:15 on Friday. Cover the face price and they are yours. We have all 9 of the other slots filled, we bring the same team each year.

Expect a good atmosphere and group dynamic with plenty of laughs. We go in with the aim to have fun first but to make a serious crack at winning. Newbs very welcome.

Pm me, catch me on the groupme or text 3049846453.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Trynant posted:

That was my plan. Wondering how crazy it will be.

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...
Super pathetic request from a guy who can't be there:

I would think really highly of anyone who can get some details on the Star Wars Armada demo at the FFG booth.

I'd love to see snapshots of the cheat sheet text they have around the table, and I'd really love it if someone could get a closer look at the three different dice and what symbols they have (and how many of each!).

All so I can do some pathetic theorycrafting about the design of a game that isn't even out yet but I'm already planning to spend too much money on.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

FuSchnick posted:

Super pathetic request from a guy who can't be there:

I would think really highly of anyone who can get some details on the Star Wars Armada demo at the FFG booth.

I'd love to see snapshots of the cheat sheet text they have around the table, and I'd really love it if someone could get a closer look at the three different dice and what symbols they have (and how many of each!).

All so I can do some pathetic theorycrafting about the design of a game that isn't even out yet but I'm already planning to spend too much money on.

I was looking and did not see them demo Armada at all. Just lots of other stuffs. They had a lot of tables and it was very crowded, however. Anybody else get a glimpse that I might have missed?

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...

Reynold posted:

I was looking and did not see them demo Armada at all. Just lots of other stuffs. They had a lot of tables and it was very crowded, however. Anybody else get a glimpse that I might have missed?
TeamCovenant put up a video of Armada being demo'd a few hours ago. Lots of good info, but I'm hoping to find out more about some details that they glossed over.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
There are Armada demos happening but I'm not doin any probably

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I'll probably swing by tomorrow and check it out.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

I got some pictures of Armada. I'll see if I can get them up. Q1 2015 is release.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
If anyone is looking to get the DnD 5th Player's handbook it's only $35 at the CoolStuffInc booth.

So far all 3 games I was looking are gone- King of New York, Bang! Walking Dead and the Smash Up big geeky box :(. (Technically KoNY is around but only 50 a day and I have Feng Shui in the morn)

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Day 1 summary: switched hotel to the omni from an airport hotel. Played an hour of Battletech, still as fun as I remember it. Played 4 hours of 5e d&d (wild mage,) picked up a phb and monster manual. Ran 4 hours of Dungeon World. Got drunk at the Ram.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Rit: Did you do the AD&D All Access Pack, or are they selling them in the D&D hall?

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
All access, did it again this year. Last year was pretty fun too.

Also lol:

All hail chicken limo.

Crabapotamus, from my dungeon World game tonight:

Nerd swarm:

ritorix fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Aug 15, 2014

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Got Doomtown Reloaded premium and Heroes wanted which both looked great.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Goon pub crawl was fun. Met awesome people; no one was goony as gently caress save for myself. We did enter a discussion about "Waifu Swap" though.

Attempt #2 at War40k today! Let's do this.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Heading out with my crew. See y'alls this afternoon!

IT'S HAPPENING, IT'S REALLY HAPPENING :dance:

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Quarex, you the guy with the black hair and glasses helping at the auction? Couldn't figure out who you were.

Trynant
Oct 7, 2010

The final spice...your tears <3
Blackmongoose and I were talking about being absurd and attempting to play High Frontier: Colonization. The best time to start would be 10 AM tomorrow (Saturday), probably meeting up near (or at) the game library, are interested parties okay with that?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Fourth year at Gencon and I've finally ate at a food truck. Big Guys BBQ

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Is there any way for someone not at Gen Con to find out if item X is in the auction? I figure I can persuade a friend to go bid on something for me, but not to hang around all day just in case something that might not be listed comes up.

Obama 2012
Mar 28, 2002

"I never knew what hope was until it ran out in a red gush over my lips, my hands!"

-Anne Rice, Interview with the President
Is there a source somewhere that's aggregating all of the different new product announcements being made by various publishers at the show? Aside from FFG, I feel like I'm missing out on all sorts of things I could be instantly deciding to buy.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
PST, what are you looking for? I work there so I can go check tonight once I get back from my funeral detour from the convention.

Mr.Trifecta posted:

Quarex, you the guy with the black hair and glasses helping at the auction? Couldn't figure out who you were.
Nah, though that guy (Dan I think?) is cool, he worked on Battlelords of the 23rd Century. My nametag says Quarex on it, and if ever described by a stranger the word "viking" is nearly always used.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Quarex posted:

PST, what are you looking for? I work there so I can go check tonight once I get back from my funeral detour from the convention.

Arnor: The Land for MERP (with maps, good condition). ICE 2023.

A bunch of old MERP stuff I had got damaged and I'm trying to replace them without spending truly silly amounts of money on it all.

Thanks for offering to go check and hope the funeral goes as well as it can.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

PST posted:

Arnor: The Land for MERP (with maps, good condition). ICE 2023.

A bunch of old MERP stuff I had got damaged and I'm trying to replace them without spending truly silly amounts of money on it all.

Thanks for offering to go check and hope the funeral goes as well as it can.
Thanks for the well-wishes. As for The Item, if that normally sells for a decent amount it would be in the collectibles section tonight at 8? and if not it would be up in RPGs tomorrow. Saying this to mean if it is there and it is valuable, it would sell before I get back, in all likelihood.

saint gerald
Apr 17, 2003
Someone buy these true dungeon tickets for the love of jebus

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Quarex posted:

Thanks for the well-wishes. As for The Item, if that normally sells for a decent amount it would be in the collectibles section tonight at 8? and if not it would be up in RPGs tomorrow. Saying this to mean if it is there and it is valuable, it would sell before I get back, in all likelihood.

Places like Noble Knight list it for silly money, but it doesn't sell. On Ebay it tends to actually go for $50-60; so I have no idea where it'd get listed in the auction but thanks anyhows either way. I'm just crossing off options before I spend far too much on a book out of love of the maps (and then promptly scan them at 600dpi so I don't have to do it again).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
It is most likely going to be in general rpg I think. Collectibles are largely for the rare and old such as 1st ed. Chain mail and brown box OD&D.

• Locked thread