Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mindofme
May 19, 2003

Learn trispace and never have to think about math again!

Memento posted:

Obviously there are a lot of gaps, precluding people from doing what you want to (watching everything in order) but here is a constantly-updated list of everything in the VOD section, with the date added and date aired next to it. It's updated at least weekly as far as I can tell.

Perfect! That's exactly what I'm looking for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I've started watching New Blood Rising for the first time cause I am an idiot I guess. I let the opening promo run while doing other things and the first thing I hear when I get my headphones on is JJ saying "Slapnuts Theater". This is not a good thing.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

projecthalaxy posted:

I've started watching New Blood Rising for the first time

Welcome to hell.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

skaboomizzy posted:

Welcome to hell.

Lance Storm just entered in a motorcaded purple limo with diplomatic flags while people chanted U.S. SUCKS. This is the peak of the show [so far?]

E: Why are there 4 refs? Where is Rey's mask oh noooo

E: Nope can't do it. Shane Douglas in a long strap match killed me. I'm dead now.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Aug 15, 2014

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

projecthalaxy posted:

Lance Storm just entered in a motorcaded purple limo with diplomatic flags while people chanted U.S. SUCKS. This is the peak of the show [so far?]

E: Nope can't do it. Shane Douglas in a long strap match killed me. I'm dead now.

Welcome to "I Tried To Watch New Blood Rising" purgatory. Enjoy your stay, it is for eternity.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I tried to watch December To Dismember the other day and couldn't do it. I'm scared to try New Blood Rising.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

pressedbunny posted:

I tried to watch December To Dismember the other day and couldn't do it. I'm scared to try New Blood Rising.

Well to be fair, the only promoted matches were fine. It was just the rest of the PPV card being filler that nobody cared about.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

projecthalaxy posted:

You will be haunted by Tank Abbott's nipples for all eternity.

Edit: Just the nipples. Nothing else. Two big ol' MMA fat-guy nips, hovering around your head forever.

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Aug 15, 2014

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

At least the awesome PPVs that WWF put out in 2000 look so much better after watching NBR 2000. And Uncensored 2000. And SuperBrawl 2000. And

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Astro7x posted:

Well to be fair, the only promoted matches were fine. It was just the rest of the PPV card being filler that nobody cared about.

One of those promoted matches was an Elimination Chamber that had one of the advertised participants replaced with Bob Holly, the only two people the crowd gave a poo poo about eliminated first, and ended with a really loving boring slog despite being the shortest Chamber match ever. It is easily the shittiest chamber match by a large margin. So no, even the "promoted matches" weren't both fine.

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Aug 15, 2014

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.
Everyone poo poo talking New Blood Rising convinced me to give it a shot. I started the stream,got far enough in to remember that Jeff Jarrett was a top guy in WCW at that point, and shut it right off. That dude is like nails on a chalkboard for me.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Mr. Yuk posted:

Everyone poo poo talking New Blood Rising convinced me to give it a shot. I started the stream,got far enough in to remember that Jeff Jarrett was a top guy in WCW at that point, and shut it right off. That dude is like nails on a chalkboard for me.

I find it kind of funny that ever since I got into podcasts and other secondary stuff related to wrestling I've discovered that almost everyone seems to love Jeff Jarret. They all talk about him being a great worker, great talker, great seller, and basically just awesome at everything. Most people agree that he should have never, ever been the pick for Next Top Guy in WCW or any other company, but pretty much nobody has anything but good to say about him aside from him being overpushed in WCW.

The reason I find that funny is that PSP seems to universally despise him and everything he ever did so it's kind of a shock to hear that other people loved him. Including people that PSP like, like the Attitude Era podcast guys.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sanguinia posted:

I find it kind of funny that ever since I got into podcasts and other secondary stuff related to wrestling I've discovered that almost everyone seems to love Jeff Jarret. They all talk about him being a great worker, great talker, great seller, and basically just awesome at everything. Most people agree that he should have never, ever been the pick for Next Top Guy in WCW or any other company, but pretty much nobody has anything but good to say about him aside from him being overpushed in WCW.

The reason I find that funny is that PSP seems to universally despise him and everything he ever did so it's kind of a shock to hear that other people loved him. Including people that PSP like, like the Attitude Era podcast guys.

I can't say I know of too many people who say Jeff Jarrett is great at everything. I don't think I've ever heard that opinion before. His own father doesn't even have that opinion. Bryan Alvarez sometimes would call him a great worker when he had just watched a good Jeff Jarrett match, I guess?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

These are all people who didn't like Jarrett's work until a bunch of people came out to and interfered in their thought process until Jarrett hit The Stroke once and now they love him.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I just never saw Jarret as anything more than a mid carder, and even that was pushing it for me, He is an ok worker but he was honestly never that interesting. Then in WCW as they were just trying to push him as the guy while there were so many better stars in wwf. I just didn't buy it. Also the term Slap nuts is super embarrassing.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

The_Rob posted:

I just never saw Jarret as anything more than a mid carder, and even that was pushing it for me, He is an ok worker but he was honestly never that interesting. Then in WCW as they were just trying to push him as the guy while there were so many better stars in wwf. I just didn't buy it. Also the term Slap nuts is super embarrassing.

Same. Jarret's ceiling was always irritating midcard heel that I want to see punched in the face, so it was extra infuriating to see him pushed as a big deal whom I was actually supposed to cheer for.

I still mark for guitar shots, though.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

The_Rob posted:

Also the term Slap nuts is super embarrassing.

A lot of people seem to get hung up on that. I always thought it was kind of clever honestly. It was obviously a euphamism for masturbation, but he was using it as an insult. So in essence Slap Nuts was a less obvious and more marketable way to call someone a Jack Off. You could never get away with saying Jack Off on PG rated network TV that forces you to refer to blood as MYSTERIOUS RED LIQUID, but Slap Nuts flies right under the radar in classic late 90's Animaniacs fashion.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sanguinia posted:

A lot of people seem to get hung up on that. I always thought it was kind of clever honestly. It was obviously a euphamism for masturbation, but he was using it as an insult. So in essence Slap Nuts was a less obvious and more marketable way to call someone a Jack Off. You could never get away with saying Jack Off on PG rated network TV that forces you to refer to blood as MYSTERIOUS RED LIQUID, but Slap Nuts flies right under the radar in classic late 90's Animaniacs fashion.

If you have to say something everyone makes fun of because it sounds stupid to get around the censors, don't say it. It just exposes your show can't do certain things. You do realize one of the PPVs was called "New Blood Rising" and one of the factions was called the New Blood and they had blood in matches and did first blood matches and the word blood was used all the time in WCW, right?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

MassRafTer posted:

If you have to say something everyone makes fun of because it sounds stupid to get around the censors, don't say it. It just exposes your show can't do certain things. You do realize one of the PPVs was called "New Blood Rising" and one of the factions was called the New Blood and they had blood in matches and did first blood matches and the word blood was used all the time in WCW, right?

I know they said blood sometimes and other times carefully avoided saying blood for reasons that weren't really clear.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I never thought JJ was that bad. He hit people with guitars and never seemed to be any more or less a competent wrestler than anybody else around him. That's not to say I believe he should have been pushed the way he was or that I have any faith in any promotion he starts, but yeah, I've never quite understood why certain parts of the internet hate him so much. He's not a good wrestlemans by any stretch, but the way some people talk you'd think he was the bastard offspring of Giant Gonzalez and The Kat.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

The Attitude Era guys are getting Jarrett when he was in the spot he probably should be, mid-uppermid card heel. They aren't watching WCW where its pounded into your head over and over and over and over that Jarrett is THE main man while being part of probably the worst year for a dying company.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It doesn't help that Jarrett went from being pushed as THE guy in WCW to pushing himself as THE guy in TNA. And it seemed as though he realized people didn't see him as a main eventer, much less someone to build a company around, so his solution was...to jam himself down everyone's throats for years. I think that has a lot to do with how people feel about him.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I can't stand Jeff Jarrett! (or the solar system)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That one quote about HHH being "a 9 pushed as a 10 so people think he's a 7" thing is really the best description of Jeff Jarrett humanly possible.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

That one quote about HHH being "a 9 pushed as a 10 so people think he's a 7" thing is really the best description of Jeff Jarrett humanly possible.

Jeff Jarrett is amazing as a mid carder. As a main eventer we get matches that don't end until at least the fifth run in and the babyface taking a beating that would put away three 1980's Hulk Hogans.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So, since last night, no VOD will load for me on the Network in Firefox. Live stream works fine, as does VOD in Chrome. The only thing I can think of that's changed is Flash updated. Anyone else having his issue, or is it something on my end? I guess it's not a huge deal and I could always use Chrome when watching the Network On-Demand, but using another browser is such a pain in the rear end.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'm also usually a Firefox user but I use Chrome for the Network due to a different issue. On OSX both Firefox and Safari have problems keeping the stream open in a max window on a second screen but Chrome works fine.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Aug 15, 2014

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I loved Double J in WCW. Thought he was great. Also really enjoyed him in WWF when he'd come out on the horse and also later when he teamed with Owen.

Wasn't a fan of his reign of doom in TNA, but then he somewhat redeemed himself with Double J MMA and being the World's Best Dad.

So I guess I'm a JJ fan all things considered.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

Sanguinia posted:

I honestly didn't know "I hate JJ" was a prevailing opinion around here, but knowing that makes me feel better. I have had an irrational hated of the dude for ages. I can recognize that he's a solid worker, I can even understand how someone might like him; I even thought he was entertaining when he was a fake Nashville singer. Ever since he ditched that, though, he grates on me like no other wrestler.

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

triplexpac posted:

I loved Double J in WCW. Thought he was great. Also really enjoyed him in WWF when he'd come out on the horse and also later when he teamed with Owen.

Wasn't a fan of his reign of doom in TNA, but then he somewhat redeemed himself with Double J MMA and being the World's Best Dad.

So I guess I'm a JJ fan all things considered.

http://youtu.be/m6S2ysN5izk

After this I've never been able to hate Double J.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I think the prevailing opinion is "Jarrett is wonderful when he's being goofy, but when he's a serious star he's unbearable".

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Jeff Jarrett is amazing as a mid carder. As a main eventer we get matches that don't end until at least the fifth run in and the babyface taking a beating that would put away three 1980's Hulk Hogans.

Except for his WCW midcard runs. Or his WWF midcard run as the Aztec Warrior, and really the rest of his run unless you have low standards of amazing. I guess an exception would be the miracle he pulled off in ring with Chyna? He had two funny angles in TNA. He was at times a serviceable midcarder, mostly he was bland, bland, bland.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Jarrett was fine as Double J. All his other runs he was annoying and should have been jobbing to the TV or European Champs.

Jeff Jarrett is Triple H without the charisma.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

It doesn't help that Jarrett went from being pushed as THE guy in WCW to pushing himself as THE guy in TNA. And it seemed as though he realized people didn't see him as a main eventer, much less someone to build a company around, so his solution was...to jam himself down everyone's throats for years. I think that has a lot to do with how people feel about him.

I remember in TNA when JJ had the title match with Raven and won the title, and they had it to where they whole locker room came out and lifted him on their shoulders, and tried to treat it like it was some legendary moment. All I could think about was how JJ basically booked this whole moment to trick people into thinking he was some kind of underdog legend and it really frustrated me.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So, since last night, no VOD will load for me on the Network in Firefox. Live stream works fine, as does VOD in Chrome. The only thing I can think of that's changed is Flash updated. Anyone else having his issue, or is it something on my end? I guess it's not a huge deal and I could always use Chrome when watching the Network On-Demand, but using another browser is such a pain in the rear end.

Do you have Adblock disabled on WWE.com? I think that's what does it- I was having VOD problems until I did that.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

I remember in TNA when JJ had the title match with Raven and won the title, and they had it to where they whole locker room came out and lifted him on their shoulders, and tried to treat it like it was some legendary moment. All I could think about was how JJ basically booked this whole moment to trick people into thinking he was some kind of underdog legend and it really frustrated me.

Whenever I see Jarrett in the Tuesday #KeepThisAlive PPVs, I keep thinking he's supposed to be the bad guy, because it just makes sense for him- but instead he's supposed to be the biggest hero in the company.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Continuing the cavalcade of bad mid-90s gimmicks, it's the debut of Bodydonna Skip!

...and more importantly, Bodydonna Sunny. :swoon:

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Continuing the cavalcade of bad mid-90s gimmicks, it's the debut of Bodydonna Skip!

...and more importantly, Bodydonna Sunny. :swoon:

...and soon to be Zip, and Cloudy.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Waylon Mercy!

And the Smoking Gunns playing Pogs backstage!

Honestly, I don't find these early Raws that bad. At least they're only 45 minutes or so, and amidst all the jobber squashes there are pretty frequent good matches. I've been particularly impressed with the womens' matches, though they're few and far between.

TEKNO TEAM 2000!!!

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Waylon Mercy!

And the Smoking Gunns playing Pogs backstage!

Honestly, I don't find these early Raws that bad. At least they're only 45 minutes or so, and amidst all the jobber squashes there are pretty frequent good matches. I've been particularly impressed with the womens' matches, though they're few and far between.

TEKNO TEAM 2000!!!

Have you already gotten past Aldo Montoya, Kwang, and Mantuar?