Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Charles Dickings posted:

Man...

http://thermohalia.com/index.php

I suppose I was more into the art than the story, and the art will be at least as good on her next project, but still...

Yeah, I'm hoping her next comic will be at least as good as this. The story never really got off the ground, but I can see her justification for not continuing with it. She basically realized that all the stuff she had built up for the story in her head would never fit right into what she was writing and decided to nip it in the bud, rather than knowingly write herself into a huge mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

quote:

As I often mention, I created this story when I was 15,
Yea it kinda shows... really the only intriguing chapters were the first and last.

Cool ocean but ugh, everything about that city

Jackard fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Aug 12, 2014

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
It's a very mature thing to give up a personal project you know will go nowhere- it's still sad though.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It sounds less like she's abandoning it and more like she's taking a mulligan and making the second try the real one, which is cool because mer-people who aren't generic human ladies with tails and seashell bras are also cool.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Bobulus posted:

After lots and lots of worldbuilding, looks like something's about to happen in Stand Still, Stay Silent.

I've been following SSSS for a while now and I think this is just going to be that they crashed into a troll with no problem other than "slight" turbulence. It feels like that this page is just setting up how Lalli's mage powers really help him, and either allow Emil to see him being a mage or see Emil dismiss his prediction.

Though the terrified cat makes me wonder if I'm wrong.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
It Is Finished

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Pretty sure I found this somewhere in the middle of the thread at one point before it went into hiatus but the artist for Thunderpaw is getting back in the saddle and doing 3 pages a month with potentially 1-5 more depending on how their patreon goes. Trippy stuff.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PleasingFungus posted:

It Is Finished

this is even more stunning in color :swoon:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Tollymain posted:

this is even more stunning in color :swoon:
TERRIBLE
VIOLENCE
WILL
SURELY BE
UNLEASHED

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jackard posted:

TERRIBLE
VIOLENCE
WILL
SURELY BE
UNLEASHED

TVWSU? that doesn't sound like any god i've heard of...

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

So I gather 'hell' is their word for a god's corpse.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm trying to find the place where they mentioned the number of hells in existence; I know they mentioned the number of gods.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

“The angels, though sturdy and true to their original purposes and long alloyed to the corrupting influence of infinity through reincarnation, experienced a profound sundering with the Universal War. The Shattering, as it came to be known, broke the long compact the angels had with the races of the omniverse to uphold the Law, and the Law itself was splintered and broken. The oldest and most holy among the warrior monks of the Concordant knights were shattered during the war, not to reincarnate for millenia more, leaving many young angels, still in their vapor or liquid states. Seeing the broken, burning remnants of the Universe, and the subsequent rule of the Seven destroyed what confidence many of them had in protecting reality, and still more came to the conclusion that reality itself was better purged, better purified through bloodshed than left to rot.
Now, the Concordance is a shattered, corrupted remnant of its former self, and rogue angels wander the worlds and the king’s road, selling their extreme skill in the ways of annihilation.
And through the void and the kings road atop steeds of glass and fire ride those terrible steel figures with their spined carapaces – the Holy Thorn Knights.”
- Preem Payapop Pritrum, introduction of 5th Treatise on Aeons – what to expect of the Pact

K6BD has the coolest angels :science:

E: can't find a mention of the number of hells.

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Aug 13, 2014

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Tollymain posted:

K6BD has the coolest angels :science:

E: can't find a mention of the number of hells.

Well, the theoretical maximum on hells is 7,777,777. It's probably quiiiiiiiiite a bit less than that though, because a hell is specifically the body of a dead god that's used for nefarious purposes, such as being the headquarters of Preem Praman Nand. I'm sure there's plenty of non-hell god corpses out there, too!

Also, it's cool to see how many characters are recognizable in that giant picture--you can see Ingvsld over at the first confrontation, a lot of the different warriors that were hanging around the other fight are clearly visible at tiny size, and probably more that I just haven't spotted. It's amazing.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think you've got an extra order of magnitude there, unless there are 10 hells for every 1 universe :v:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I had a huge post summing up all I could gather about the theology of K6BD and then chrome ate it, so gently caress it, I'm going to lunch. :suicide:

Ah well, at least I've got it straight in my head now.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Someone posted Bad Author giving a lecture at a convention about how to make good comics even though he is terrible.

I feel like this sums up that experience as well as reading any Zen Pencils ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iTsLZFaYIw

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

PleasingFungus posted:

It Is Finished

I want every K6BD page in ultra HD resolution so that I can sear every detail into my retinas :swoon: :circlefap:

Also this should be on Patreon. Why isn't it on Patreon?

Oneiros fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Aug 13, 2014

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Jack Finch. How does this fukken nerd keep making such an impression on the ladies?!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Pretty sure I found this somewhere in the middle of the thread at one point before it went into hiatus but the artist for Thunderpaw is getting back in the saddle and doing 3 pages a month with potentially 1-5 more depending on how their patreon goes. Trippy stuff.

An accurate portrayal of my dog's reaction to thunder. A good comic.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
My dogs would leap into my 4-year-old self's bed and try to snuggle. I've loved thunder ever since.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Roger Explosion posted:

Jack Finch. How does this fukken nerd keep making such an impression on the ladies?!

He's just got that quiet class. At least he's not a nervous weirdo like sonny or kind of a jerk like Linton

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Roger Explosion posted:

Because it's a work of fiction

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Fried Chicken posted:

Because it's a work of fiction
Way to hate fun.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Jack also seems to be genuinely into the things mod is supposed to be about, so it's not surprising that he's doing well at a modness competition.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

PleasingFungus posted:

It Is Finished

Only in K6BD could threshers have at least 6 battle units fit to storm hell.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A hell :eng101:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
oh, here's what I was looking for

it all makes so much more sense now.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Rand Brittain posted:

Jack also seems to be genuinely into the things mod is supposed to be about, so it's not surprising that he's doing well at a modness competition.

How can he be a true mod when he hates The Whom?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Anyone know what happened to Templar, Arizona? It hasn't updated in six months. There was a note on the latest comic where the author mentioned working on Smut Peddler, but there's nothing I (or the people in the comments) can find that's conclusive re: TA.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Elysiume posted:

Anyone know what happened to Templar, Arizona? It hasn't updated in six months. There was a note on the latest comic where the author mentioned working on Smut Peddler, but there's nothing I (or the people in the comments) can find that's conclusive re: TA.

I think Spike is spending her time on endeavors that actually make her money now.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Elysiume posted:

Spike just opened her new office and is extremely busy.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Just caught up on SSSS. I don't understand how you can keep up that kind of pace of updates with pages that big. I love the style and I love the world but for the love of god why can't something happennnn

I know the author is kind of having fun teasing the audience with the troll on the fence and the brief glimpses of weird poo poo outside, but I wanna see me some monsters already!

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
If you need a Spike fix, she's currently serializing her graphic novel Poorcraft.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Not sure if this belongs in the webcomics thread, but I know some people liked Forming so I thought y'all might be interested in seeing what Jesse Moynihan's been up to lately.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I'm... not super psyched about it, to be honest. Without any obvious framework, jmoyns signature style just feels like weird for the sake of weird.

Without a fascinating allmyth or the adventures of familiar characters, there's nothing really to care about. I might be biased though, since I always felt the crazy space-empire bits of Forming were the weakest. Fingers crossed this project will turn into something better as it goes.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Outside of Bee and Puppycat, Manly is probably the best oneshot/pilot that Cartoon Hangover have put out. Isn't saying much though, since all of them seem to get hamstrung by their five (or less) minute runtime.

Is there a Cartoon Hangover thread?

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Red Bones posted:

Outside of Bee and Puppycat, Manly is probably the best oneshot/pilot that Cartoon Hangover have put out. Isn't saying much though, since all of them seem to get hamstrung by their five (or less) minute runtime.

Is there a Cartoon Hangover thread?

There is this one but it seems kinda dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Panel 5 of today's WHOMP is a beautiful thing.

• Locked thread