Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

quote:

RUSH: A couple of sound bites. I want to play for you something I said on the program a couple of days ago. On Tuesday, I was describing Occupy Wall Street.

I was explaining it, reminding people how it began, what it consisted of -- the people in it, what they hoped to achieve, their mindset, their worldview -- and all of that. It was to illustrate a point, and the point that I was making, which you will hear, was confirmed in a phone call to C-SPAN.
But for the phone call to C-SPAN that happened today to be fully understood in full context, you have to hear this...

RUSH ARCHIVE: The Occupy Wall Street people basically attempted to convey that things, the stuff that you get in life does not come from work. That that's a fool's errand, and people who buy into the notion that you have to work to get your stuff are victims of a big con game. The 1% never worked. They have all the money and they share it only with themselves, and it's all a giant trick to get everybody toiling away for meager wages to benefit the already rich 1%.

It was built on resentment of capitalism, anger at the unfairness of the distribution of resources and all of that crap. ... Well, I think, using the Snerdley Doctrine, when it comes to explaining looters, I think looters have much the same kind of thought process. That stuff, things, houses, cars, what have you, that work is not gonna give you those things, 'cause it's stacked deck. If you engage in work, you're just working for the man.

You're working for the 1%. You're toiling away to make him richer, but you ain't getting any of it. You aren't seeing any of it. And, indeed, social justice pretty much teaches this exact thing. And, therefore, social justice tells people who don't have things that they are entitled to take whatever the hell they want when they can and when they want it because they are entitled to it, because it's being purposely denied them

RUSH: Now, I can imagine, as is always the case, some of you listening on Tuesday when I said this replied, "Come on, Rush! That's a little bit over the top, don't you think?" Listen, don't doubt me. Here's a caller on C-SPAN's Washington Journal today. They were taking call-ins on the riots in Ferguson, Missouri. This is Rick from Ohio.

C-SPAN CALLER: The number one tool for the top 1% to control all the wealth is divide and conquer. Divide and conquer! This goes back to the Romans. It goes back to the Nazis. And in this country, the media -- Fox News -- promotes racism like it's promoting a sale at Walmart! The Disney Corporation put Rush Limbaugh and Dennis Miller in the booth on Monday Night Football to promote racism!

RUSH: (laughing) So you see, ladies and gentlemen, the 1%, they've got all the money, and they're keeping it from everybody "just like the Romans did and just like the Nazis did. Divide and conquer! Divide and conquer! Fox News promotes racism in media." I didn't know that I was in the Monday Night Football booth. I must have been dreaming. Am I dreaming now, and I'm gonna wake up and realize I was there and got fired there, too?
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/08/14/c_span_caller_proves_theory_on_occupy_wall_street_and_the_ferguson_looters
Anyone that's listened at all to the C-SPAN callers will know that some of the craziest mofos in the country call into the poo poo all the time

quote:

RUSH: This Joe in St. Louis. Welcome, sir, and I'm glad you called. Hi.

CALLER: Hi, Rush! I live right there at Chambers and West Florissant, and I've been confronted by the police twice, and if you are polite and do what they tell you to do you have no problem. The McDonald's that they're talking about is boarded up and closed. Those reporters were trespassing, and if they do what they were told, uh, they would not have had a --

RUSH: Wait, wait, wait, wait. Hold it just a second. Just a second now. The audio sound bite I just played, one of these reporters -- Wesley Lowery, the Washington Post -- said, "I asked specifically, 'Under what charges am I being held? Why am I being detained?' He said, 'For trespassing.' So we were 'trespassing' as patrons of a McDonald's where we both made purchases and had been working for a long time." So you're telling me the place is boarded up?

CALLER: They shattered the windows there. There's businesses all up and down that street. The glass has been broke out. They even ransacked Sam's and Kmart, totally stripped their electronics department. I am glad the police are doing what they're doing because they're protecting us people back in the neighborhoods. We're scared. All of my neighbors are scared.

RUSH: Makes sense.

CALLER: It's the police that are protecting us from the rioters. We're not afraid of the police. We're afraid of the rioters.

RUSH: Wait a minute. Wait, wait, wait, wait. Have you taken the time to understand the rage of the rioters and understand why it is they're doing what they're doing?

CALLER: I don't care whether they're angry or mad. They're breaking the law.

RUSH: And you see the cops as trying to enforce it?

CALLER: They are enforcing it. You can't... Right now, because of what they're doing, you can't even drive behind a business. They will stop you, and if you just say, "Yes, sir," and turn around and go back, you're fine.

RUSH: Well, this is an interesting point. Let's talk about human psychology in 2014 for a second, human emotion. I think one of the things in play here, let's say -- and I don't mean to insult you with this. Please don't be insulted. But you have to understand, Joe, that anybody can call me here and say anything. I'm not challenging what you're saying. So when I say, "Let's take what you say as verbatim," I don't mean that as an insult, 'cause I want to make a point off of it.

CALLER: I've listened here for over 20 years, and I know (chuckles). I appreciate your humor.

RUSH: Okay. Well, no, I'm not trying to be funny here. I'm trying to explain something. But in order to make my point I have to tell the audience, "Let's assume that what Joe says is true," and I just want you to know when I say, "Let's assume," I'm not disbelieving you. I'm just setting something up here.

So everything you say is true. The street that you're talking about, the McDonald's, places have been looted, and the cops are enforcing the law, and the cops are protecting private property from further damage, vandalism, looting, what have you. The cops are protecting neighborhoods, okay?

Now, some people, Joe, actually believe that because a cop shot an unarmed teenager, that the cops ought to look the other way when there is a reaction to it because people think that the cop shooting an unarmed teenager is wrong, and therefore there must be a price paid for that. Some people look at the price and say, "You gotta do understand that the vandalism's gonna happen, Rush.

"You have to understand they're gonna loot. They're ticked off! The cops killed an unarmed kid," and so some people expect the cops to look the other way as a means of not ratcheting up tensions even further. Some people, Joe, I'm telling you. I'm not talking about residents. I mean, people not living in St. Louis, looking at the situation -- maybe media -- would say, "Maybe the cops, for community peace, should just kind of look the other way."

CALLER: One wrong does not justify another wrong.

RUSH: No, I know. I know. So here's what happens. When people who think that the cops should look the other way say, "Just, you know, don't go after anymore people. Just kind of stand aside. Let some things happen. Let them boil over. Let 'em get it out of their system. Let 'em do some looting. Let 'em do this. You know, give 'em a week before you enforce the law."

When the cops then come in and enforce the law, those people that think the way I've just described think the cops are being hard, cold, mean SOBs, 'cause they don't understand. So when you call and support what the cops are doing and say, "We're scared. They're protecting us. They're trying to keep order and so forth," a lot of people are gonna think you're the weirdo.

Not me. I'm just telling you that America 2014 has some very odd ideas about conflict resolution and expectations and how a wrong is dealt with and so forth. Many of them think that a show of force, enforcing the law, is provocative, unnecessary, and mean, given all the circumstances here.

CALLER: Well, just like Israel: If you don't show force and strength, it only gets worse.

RUSH: Oh, I hear you. That's why I say, I was not challenging the accuracy of what you said. But I think, folks, it's an important point. Because these end up being really bad attitudes toward cops who are just doing what Joe said here: Trying to go enforce the law and protect people.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/08/14/ferguson_resident_we_are_not_afraid_of_the_police_we_are_afraid_of_the_rioters
In Realville we would treat rioters just like the Israelis treat the Palestinians :bahgawd:

quote:

RUSH: Now, back to this AP story about the arrested reporters in St. Louis -- actually, in Ferguson. I had to race through this, 'cause I wanted try to get it in before the bottom-of-the-hour break. But here's the natural tempoed explanation of this. One of the arrested journalists is Ryan Reilly. He works for the Huffing and Puffington Post. He talked to a reporter at MSNBC and he suggested that he was mistreated by the local authorities. He admits that. He's very upset about it. He was mistreated. He was prematurely arrested. He was hustled out of there. They accused him of trespassing.

But then he said, "It was just a terrible experience. The worst part was he slammed my head against the glass purposefully on the way out of McDonald's and then sarcastically apologized for it. And it was just a terrible experience, and I recognize I'm sort of in a place of privilege here both as a journalist and as a white person, frankly, in that I was -- evidently the police chief made the decision not to go ahead and hold us."

There was a big holding room where a bunch of people had been taken either having been arrested or were going to be, and a cop walked in and shouted, "Okay, who's media?" And these two reporters raised their hands: "We are, we are." "Okay. Get outta here." And they got rid of 'em. Nobody else was allowed to leave. So this guy, Ryan Reilly went on MSNBC today to share his guilt over the fact that he, as a person of double privilege -- A, he's a white person. That's privilege number one. B, he's a journalist. That's privilege number two. He was let go early. That's not fair. That's not fair.

It's almost like he was making the case that he was released too quickly and should have been held longer. Nobody else was released, not fair. They let me go because I am a person of double privilege, white guy and journalist.
We have audio sound bites from the reporters. Up first, Wesley Lowery of the Washington Post, also arrested. He was on CNN today with Kate Bolduan and the question was, "Wesley, why were you arrested, and what did being arrested tell you besides the fact that you were arrested?"

LOWERY: I asked specifically under what charges am I being held, why I’m being detained. He said for trespassing. So we were trespassing as patrons of a McDonald's where we both made purchases and had been working for a long period of time. The police I guess now have jurisdiction over private businesses. All of this went down, as you can see in the video, in less than two minutes. There were not any protests within two blocks of us. I would love an explanation from the police department about what the eminent risk to our safety was. We had to be forcibly removed from a McDonald's while we were trying to pack up our bags. We ended up standing outside the McDonald's for 15 minutes in the handcuffs. We were in the same location so what was the public safety?

RUSH: So they were in handcuffs and were eventually let out. And that's not fair. 'Cause they had double privilege, white guys and -- well, I don't know if Wesley Lowery's white, but Ryan Reilly is. And here is Ryan Reilly next. Kate Bolduan said, "Is there any regret that you became the story rather than covering the story, Ryan?"

REILLY: It's really frustrating. We gathered a lot of good material that I would have loved to get out there yesterday had it not been for the fact that I was detained and whisked away because apparently I didn't pack up my bags speedily enough for some cops who got a little hotheaded here. And it's a distraction, honestly. It was a completely unnecessary situation. We're trying to do our jobs here and the attitude of the officers we dealt with was just extraordinary. I'm angry, frankly. You know, you sort of understand some of the frustration, honestly, that I think that people feel based on the mentality of at least some of the police officers that are on the street. The idea that we posed any sort of threat because we weren't quickly enough packing up our bags is just ludicrous.

RUSH: That's Ryan Reilly of the Huffing and Puffington Post. When the cops give you an order, it's like your drill sergeant giving you an order. "Right now" doesn't mean in 30 seconds. We've got tense circumstances, heightened awareness on the part of everybody and everything, and the cops know the journalists are not on their side. The cops know the journalists are looking to make them look bad. So you talk about trying to keep everything in perspective, there's that aspect of this as well.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/08/14/ferguson_disconnect_media_liberals_protest_big_government_police_state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

quote:

When the cops give you an order, it's like your drill sergeant giving you an order.

I've never had a drill sergeant and no it isn't.

Rush hate the loving constitution more than anyone I can think of in the media. He's about one Dem president away from declaring the whole thing a piece of poo poo.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I've never had a drill sergeant

what a coincidence, neither has Rush

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I would imagine not even his audience is going to go along with that one. The reaction to Ferguson seems pretty universal, even loving Freep had what looked like a 50/50 debate going between "those black people have it coming" and "This is what's going to happen to us!". And Rush is going to tell the paranoid FEMA camp set "Just do what the cops tell you to right away". Yeah right.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

isildur posted:

Derail, but as the parent of two little boys, I can tell you what's up with that: the 'broken vase' or whatever isn't what you're angry about; it's the ambient chaos. Two little kids running around playing aggressively in the house, mock-fighting, throwing balls, yelling, whatever, are a broken vase waiting to happen. When it does happen, all troublesome kids must be given timeouts. The purpose is not justice, it's to calm that poo poo down.

Oh god, this is starting to sound like a rationalization for Ferguson, isn't it?

What I'm seeing is a justification for giving those cops a time out to calm down all that shooting unarmed people bullshit

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

No it's just that the constitution has two purposes: to protect our guns and to make anything a black president does illegal.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Was in the car with my dad driving back from vacation, and he had on Rush Limbaugh.

He started off with the right words in saying "Yes, this was wrong...", and then proceeded to blame Obama for every last thing, and then tried to group in the whole "IRS Scandal" in with this as well to end it. So in the end the story was made irrelevant by those listening to his audience, and their anger/hatred was directed right back at Obama.

I also thought making fun of the journalists was classless. This isn't a football game, Rush, dittoheads, this is people having their civil liberties violated. This goes beyond cheerleading for your own side.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
So one of the things that Ferguson has stirred up is libertarians screeching about how police militarization is the fault of BIG GOVERNMENT, ignoring the large role states and local governments play in the process.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

My right wing relatives were talking about this Ferguson stuff and came to the conclusion that because of the huge amount of calls that the police have to deal with, shooting someone every once in a while is ok and just statistical noise. I sorta just sat there like :shepface: the whole time. It was insane.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
The difference between a cop and a drill instructor is that a drill instructor is probably (or certainly???? I am not a veteran) not allowed to hit you and is definitely not allowed to shoot you if you don't do what they say.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
Marine Corps drill instructors can't even point at you. They even banned the knife-hand for a bit as too aggressive but I think they went back on that.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
They can't even point at you anymore? That's ridiculous. I understand them not being allowed to hit recruits anymore, but when I went through (Army) they could still point and swear. That's about the only entertainment you're allowed to have in boot camp.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
My old roommate works at SpaceX, I'm thinking about starting a Kickstarter to launch Rush into the sun.

It can't end any worse than doobie's dog house or the LF goon project.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Darkman Fanpage posted:

So one of the things that Ferguson has stirred up is libertarians screeching about how police militarization is the fault of BIG GOVERNMENT, ignoring the large role states and local governments play in the process.

Just like the Battle of River Rouge was because of BIG GOVERNMENT

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Ramadu posted:

My right wing relatives were talking about this Ferguson stuff and came to the conclusion that because of the huge amount of calls that the police have to deal with, shooting someone every once in a while is ok and just statistical noise. I sorta just sat there like :shepface: the whole time. It was insane.

As someone whose father is a retired cop and has several relatives in law enforcement and in fire fighting--yeah, they do put up with a lot of poo poo. Nothing like giving up your scheduled vacation because you got a call for a body that was found behind a business and both detectives in the county are unavailable.

But no, there's no loving excuse for shooting a kid that gave you some lip.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Even local government is still too big.

#KowloonWalledCity

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

You laugh but when I was growing up my (Republican :v:) parents had trouble just having one of me and my brothers in trouble at a time. If one of you was in trouble it was just too hard to treat the other ones normally. Not like we got beat up or anything, and I'm sure one day I'll understand, but it's still pretty funny that you mentioned it.

As with so many other things adults did, we DID eventually learn to understand one day: Adults are loving idiots.

This thread definitely demonstrates that no child should take the authority of adults with complete seriousness. For my own experiences, the right wing ghouls who tried to brainwash me during fundamentalist christian school tried to impress in children a sense of absolute unquestioning obedience to authority - when they were all just unconscionably stupid idiots, one of whom even physically abused me.

For years the bullshit they poured into me screwed up my head - it was eventually a relief to find out that all the scary assumed authority figures of my youth were really just blithering idiots dumber than the children they were 'teaching', but basically using the fact that adults are much larger than children to seem more important than they are.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/15/the-day-ferguson-cops-were-caught-in-a-bloody-lie.html

Cross-post from the police reform thread, since Ferguson is the hot topic.

quote:

“They started hitting me,” he testified. “I was getting hit and I just covered up.”

The other two stepped out and the female officer allegedly lifted Davis’ head as the cop who had initially pushed him into the cell reappeared.

“He ran in and kicked me in the head,” Davis recalled. “I almost passed out at that point… Paramedics came… They said it was too much blood, I had to go to the hospital.”

A patrol car took the bleeding Davis to a nearby emergency room. He refused treatment, demanding somebody first take his picture.

“I wanted a witness and proof of what they done to me,” Davis said.

He was driven back to the jail, where he was held for several days before he posted $1,500 bond on four counts of “property damage.” Police Officer John Beaird had signed complaints swearing on pain of perjury that Davis had bled on his uniform and those of three fellow officers.

Indisputable evidence of what transpired in the cell might have been provided by a surveillance camera, but it turned out that the VHS video was recorded at 32 times normal speed.

The blur proved to be from 12 hours after the incident anyway. The cops had saved the wrong footage after Schottel asked them to preserve it.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I love it when Rush goes off on some liberal strawman and I 100% agree with it unironically.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Oh man, looks like the narrative for the day is set: Michael Brown is being accused of stealing cigars from a convenience store. So now we will hear how bigoted fucks will justify the use of deadly force for petty theft.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

kik2dagroin posted:

Oh man, looks like the narrative for the day is set: Michael Brown is being accused of stealing cigars from a convenience store. So now we will hear how bigoted fucks will justify the use of deadly force for petty theft.

Interesting how the police have a loving book report on this incident printed up and ready to hand to reporters but haven't said poo poo about the actual shooting yet.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Petty theft is obviously a valid reason to shoot someone. Haven't you heard how people fantasize about "thugs" breaking into their house so they can go all Castle Doctrine on them?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

kik2dagroin posted:

My stupid, white, upper middle class, high school classmates did that all the time.

The excuse is right there in front of you.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

kik2dagroin posted:

Seeing as they (you know who I mean) were already justifying the use of deadly force, even when the kid had done nothing wrong as far as anybody knew, I don't think this is likely to cause a major shift in attitudes.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
"They" aren't changing their minds because they already declared, but there's plenty of people who aren't as comfortable giving their blessing to a summary execution of some black kid walking on the street...but are plenty comfortable doing so when they can say "well he was stealing a swisher so I'm sure he was gonna use it to lube an ak-47 and start a gang war over who gets to sell crack cocaine to 4 year olds while bumping Freddie Gibb's albums in a stolen car full of welfare checks. Execution justified".

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
It's really the exact same thing they did to morph Trayvon Martin from a teenage boy into a thuggish MMA fighter that beat Zimmerman to within an inch of his life so of course he had to shoot him :rolleye:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Swan Oat posted:

The difference between a cop and a drill instructor is that a drill instructor is probably (or certainly???? I am not a veteran) not allowed to hit you and is definitely not allowed to shoot you if you don't do what they say.

Well that, and plus there's a big difference between signing up for "Yes Sir! Tell me what to do, please, sir!" and simply walking down the loving street. Unless I'm missing something.

When you voluntarily enlist in the military, you're at least in part, agreeing to follow orders.

I love how these right wing poo poo heads cry about tyranny, brown shirts, freedom of speech, suppression of the media, FEMA camps and all that other poo poo and then have the audacity to say "well, if you just kiss the cops' asses every time you're walking or driving down the street, say 'yes sir and no sir' and do exactly as you are TOLD, then there should be no problem."

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

kik2dagroin posted:

It's really the exact same thing they did to morph Trayvon Martin from a teenage boy into a thuggish MMA fighter that beat Zimmerman to within an inch of his life so of course he had to shoot him :rolleye:

I remember when people were actually saying that Trayvon bought skittles, and Arizona iced tea so that he could put some cough syrup in it. It was so blatantly racist and people were acting as if it was a viable theory that had anything to do with anything.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
It's too bad that was so infuriating because watching tea-party types declare themselves experts in the field of sizzurp/lean/whatever was really really funny.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It's too bad that was so infuriating because watching tea-party types declare themselves experts in the field of sizzurp/lean/whatever was really really funny.

Oh man, freep talking about lean was amazing. They might as well have called it liquid crack.

edit

Whoa, platinum users? I feel so fancy.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Class warfare has arrived on SA and it is good.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Beamed posted:

Class warfare has arrived on SA and it is good.

Don't call it a comeback, it's been in YOSPOS for years. :colbert:

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
It really says a lot that law enforcement had no qualms about releasing info that might make the convenience store a potential target for vigilantism but they only released the killer's name after crazy public pressure and threats of hacking.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rush posted:

We had a presidential race in 2008 where we were assured that if we elected the right guy, this kind of stuff wasn't gonna be happening anymore, or it would happen much, much less because we were gonna go post-racial and we were finally gonna make a statement that we're no longer racist 'cause we had the ability in this country to elect, with a majority white population, a black president.
I bet this promise, the "Mission Accomplished" thing, and saying "watch this drive" so flippantly are Obama's three biggest regrets.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Kind of tough to keep up the post-racial thing when one side shoots unarmed children on the other side, Rush.

Psygnosis
Jul 30, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

Well that, and plus there's a big difference between signing up for "Yes Sir! Tell me what to do, please, sir!" and simply walking down the loving street. Unless I'm missing something.

When you voluntarily enlist in the military, you're at least in part, agreeing to follow orders.

I love how these right wing poo poo heads cry about tyranny, brown shirts, freedom of speech, suppression of the media, FEMA camps and all that other poo poo and then have the audacity to say "well, if you just kiss the cops' asses every time you're walking or driving down the street, say 'yes sir and no sir' and do exactly as you are TOLD, then there should be no problem."

The only moral tyranny is my tyranny. :ironicat:
The right wing also complains about conformity (something about common core) yet, at the same time they hate anyone who isn't a christian white landowning male.
They claim to hate the government but would be okay with going back to feudalism if it were run by corporations.
They say they love America yet they cheer on the same guys who are basically stealing money from this country to outsource their operations to another continent.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
Breibart news is mad at video games today. apparently in the new battlefield, you fight tea party militias and your character is Mexican american.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2014/08/13/Shoot-Racist-Tea-Partiers-in-Battlefield-Hardline

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I never really looked into the Battlefield games. That sounds neat.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Evil Sagan posted:

I never really looked into the Battlefield games. That sounds neat.

Yeah, it does. I may honestly buy it if i have some money when it comes out.

Edit: i am curious if this story will catch on or not. another report from some small blog http://moonbattery.com/?p=49193
also here is the game play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk34yU1BGiU

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I wouldn't buy it, all politics aside it's made by :dice: so it'll be a buggy piece of poo poo.

some gently caress in the comments posted:

The shooter's name is "Nick Mendoza"

Illegal immigrant with guns.......that's surprising

There are no words.