Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

CrashCat posted:

I was actually just listening to this in the car after they played the clip and he seemed pretty unsure of it. In fact he said multiple times he hasn't watched them in a while and doesn't remember it all. Did I just miss this bold proclamation or are you trying to juice it up for the bit?

http://youtu.be/91oCV1Vo90k 19 minutes in

Opie: How do you ruin a classic scene and just make it awful?
Sam: What, the hamburgers?
Opie: Yeah that's a classic scene!
Jim: No he never did that.

Edit: on an unrelated note, I just watched Dear Zachary, and yeah, holy poo poo. Pretty much as awful as Op and Jim said.

Kevyn fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003
Was it BRUTAL? You know what other movie is fuckin' brutal.... Observe and Report.... LOVED it!

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

Peter North posted:

Was it BRUTAL? You know what other movie is fuckin' brutal.... Observe and Report.... LOVED it!

BRUTAL AND EDGY!

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Kevyn posted:

Edit: on an unrelated note, I just watched Dear Zachary, and yeah, holy poo poo. Pretty much as awful as Op and Jim said.

Yep, I watched it yesterday after they played the trailer and I can't remember a time in my life I've felt that disgusted and drained. The documentary was a bit manipulative, but it still made you feel close to what Andrew's parents went through. Like Jim said, the woman is one of the most hateable people you'll ever see.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Bubba Smith posted:

Yep, I watched it yesterday after they played the trailer and I can't remember a time in my life I've felt that disgusted and drained. The documentary was a bit manipulative, but it still made you feel close to what Andrew's parents went through. Like Jim said, the woman is one of the most hateable people you'll ever see.

I watched it too. It's a really interestingly made film - I was expecting an overwrought, string instrument-scored documentary, not the quickly-cut, often silly (animated mouths) movie that we got. It was hugely effective though - there's this sense of dread that hung over me as things seemed to be winding down but I knew there was still 30 minutes left.

ozza fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Aug 15, 2014

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

:laffo: god drat I really have been blunted to Opie's bullshit, that was painful

Dazh
Jul 9, 2008

Peter North posted:

I saw Observe & Report. I was HOWLING throughout the entire movie.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
I thought Opie was just teasing Jim because He loved the original movie so much. The whole thing seemed playful.

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST
BTW yesterdays R&F was really good in case you skip Thursday shows because they usually loving suck.

Also there is a R%F replay on the Opie and Jim channel at midnight I think starting monday.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rycJ3B143pI

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
Oh god it's a WEB SERIES

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yeah, but Adomian is the loving bomb and funny at literally everything he does, so even a webseries where he acts as Marc Maron is amazing (even if you hate Marc Maron). Also, Kevyn, are you kevyn999 on YouTube? I am stupid and didn't put your name together until now. I was one of the people posting on your videos about the trouble with them loading. Not that it matters or I have any ongoing business with you or anything, just that I realized you might be him on YouTube.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Ransom posted:

BTW yesterdays R&F was really good in case you skip Thursday shows because they usually loving suck.

40 minutes of Gurian to close the show says otherwise.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Yeah that's me on YouTube. No worries man, it's bothering me too.

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST

spudsbuckley posted:

40 minutes of Gurian to close the show says otherwise.

Ok yeah that part sucked.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Jeffrey Gurian likes to jump around, unfortunately that doesn't include off a bridge.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Gurian's Ron and Fez connection did give us this comedy masterpiece, though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttOn7_b_mBE

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6320hTpLh4
she died 6 months later.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Is Chip based on ace Frehley?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Ya cuz he's a sick fokken puppieee ddzzztt dzzttt

Tru storey he wuz gunna be the leedr of kiss or sumthin but ma needed help hosing down after Lamar and woudnt let em leve the hows that day

A good thing to cuz you cudnt handle it dzzzzt ddddzzzzztt double guns

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Had to skip that Ace Frehley poo poo today.

Hate it when they have any of that horseshit 70's novelty-band on.

Ochowie
Nov 9, 2007

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Was Ace loaded this morning or is that what years and years of that lifestyle does to you?

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST
I really really hope ESD shits in Ants pool.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Holy gently caress I just about gave myself a hernia laughing while listening to Ron & Fez today... in the middle of a discussion about the Gavin McGinnes firing, Ron picks up the phone and it's loving Lady Di.
"I tried to get through to Jimmy and Opie... but the lines always busy... I just wanted to let you know that I'm doing ok!"
Then Ron tells her that Anthony's been trying to get a hold of her for them to get together.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This is fantastic

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Today's Anthony Cumia Show featured Colin Quinn for the whole show and it was freakin' great.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Stokes posted:

Today's Anthony Cumia Show featured Colin Quinn for the whole show and it was freakin' great.
Colin was great. He's never that open on O&A, felt like one of his old Stern appearances. It was also pretty funny seeing just how often Anthony silently cracks Colin up. He was constantly leaning away from the mic and just doubled over in laughter.

And also this happened:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I ran into a snag while editing together my Midnight Rider upload. Does anybody happen to have the 02-23-2007 FM show? It's the Big rear end Bash and I can't move forward until I find it.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 20, 2014

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Cromulent posted:

Colin was great. He's never that open on O&A, felt like one of his old Stern appearances. It was also pretty funny seeing just how often Anthony silently cracks Colin up. He was constantly leaning away from the mic and just doubled over in laughter.

And also this happened:

All that's missing is a comical shrug, and that's the same face I'd imagine Colin had for the unreleased book "Hodge Podge"

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Does anyone remember that pearl jam song they played recently?

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

Google Butt posted:

Does anyone remember that pearl jam song they played recently?

Was it "Just Breathe" ? Looks like it was played the week of 8/11, going by Opie's Twitter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuq7RYQ8Wa0

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ted Alexandro killed the last hour and a half of the O&A show today with his "right on" poo poo about Ferguson and the war on terror and whatnot. Never heard of him before but he's allegedly a comedian but he just sounds like a hyper-lib knobend.

Painful listening and Op and Jim stayed on to do the After Show for a bit because i reckon they felt a bit guilty about how terrible half the main show was.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

spudsbuckley posted:

Ted Alexandro killed the last hour and a half of the O&A show today with his "right on" poo poo about Ferguson and the war on terror and whatnot. Never heard of him before but he's allegedly a comedian but he just sounds like a hyper-lib knobend.

Agreed. He just sounded like he was repeating the same two or three talking points. That caller Ted the Cop was very compelling. One of the best calls I've heard in a long time.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

Paul Kersey posted:

Agreed. He just sounded like he was repeating the same two or three talking points. That caller Ted the Cop was very compelling. One of the best calls I've heard in a long time.

I make arrests Gregory! But only on the first Tuesday in June from 3:00 am to 3:25 am!

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Sigh. Did I miss a Sheckler bit?

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Anthony is a funny dude but I can't even tell you how happy I am that I've not had to hear his nonsense the last couple weeks.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

MrChupon posted:

Anthony is a funny dude but I can't even tell you how happy I am that I've not had to hear his nonsense the last couple weeks.

Oh my I didn't even think of this. Has he gone off on it on his show?

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

eightysixed posted:

Sigh. Did I miss a Sheckler bit?

You did not.

I miss Ted.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Snacksmaniac posted:

Oh my I didn't even think of this. Has he gone off on it on his show?

He's self aware enough not to dedicate an entire show to ferguson. Usually only 1/3 to 1/2 of one or even less if he has a guest that isn't Shawn Bergen or the guy who started Vice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Victorkm posted:

He's self aware enough not to dedicate an entire show to ferguson. Usually only 1/3 to 1/2 of one or even less if he has a guest that isn't Shawn Bergen or the guy who started Vice.

Speaking of people who got fired for being unable to keep themselves from posting bigotry online, Gavin McInnes managed to get himself fired from a SECOND company he founded! Gotta hand it to that guy, he manages to keep upping his game when it comes to being an annoying shitlord who keeps harming himself with his own abrasive, ignorant commentary on social issues!

• Locked thread