Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Nichael posted:

If ever there was a show with more deserving characters of impromptu Poochie exoduses than True Blood, I'd be shocked. So many people on this show could literally say "I have to go now. My home planet needs me," and then drift off screen to die, and it wouldn't break the narrative at all. And I say that all as someone who likes Sam, he just hasn't had anything to add to this show for a while.

Or ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Sam always had potential they just shackled him with the world plotlines ever, his family was awful and annoying.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So I have a few thoughts about the possible (probable now) ending that was spoilered earlier.

If the whole 'Sookies magical Hep V infected fairy blood' does end up turning Bill back into a human, wouldn't the True Blood yakuza want to get their hands on her? I mean surely there are other vampires out in the world who would like to be human again. It's not like Bill drained her dry or drank multiple times. So wouldn't the yakuza want to either control the source or eliminate it? Are they just going to write it off that it only cured Bill because of love? The whole thing just seems poorly thought out, which I guess isn't surprising for this show.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

TMMadman posted:

So I have a few thoughts about the possible (probable now) ending that was spoilered earlier.

If the whole 'Sookies magical Hep V infected fairy blood' does end up turning Bill back into a human, wouldn't the True Blood yakuza want to get their hands on her? I mean surely there are other vampires out in the world who would like to be human again. It's not like Bill drained her dry or drank multiple times. So wouldn't the yakuza want to either control the source or eliminate it? Are they just going to write it off that it only cured Bill because of love? The whole thing just seems poorly thought out, which I guess isn't surprising for this show.

My guess:

Next episode, the exact scenario you outlined will happen. In one scene in the preview, Bill looked cured of Hep-V and he & Eric were discussing SOOKEH and it seemed like they were planning on saving her from something. Hoyt and Jess will get back together, Jason & Bridgette will hook up and find out they're perfect for one another, Pam will be pissed. As for the endgame, I'll bet Eric (maybe Pam too) becomes some kind of vampire hero or politician of somesort for his actions in distributing the cure to vampires worldwide against the wishes of the Yakuza.

That's all I got!

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Apoplexy posted:

Dude, did Sam even appear in the last episode? I don't remember any scene with him. God, this show. From main character for 6 seasons to dead, from main character for 6 seasons to loving 1 scene an episode related to a lovely will he/won't he decision to leave town. God. And SOMEHOW Dexter remains worse.
There was almost nothing redeeming about Dexter in its final seasons.

At least with True Blood it just goes over the top enough that it's at least memorable.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Tiggum posted:

Or ever.

Did you forget that this is the character who shapeshifted into a fly then back into a human while inside someone's mouth?

I won't argue that they're not severely mishandling him (and others) this season (and previous ones too) but that was one of the best and craziest moments in the entire show.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Sober posted:

There was almost nothing redeeming about Dexter in its final seasons.

At least with True Blood it just goes over the top enough that it's at least memorable.

Dexter was never as silly and campy as True Blood is. Dexter tried to be a serious show. So when the show just kept getting dumber it only made the show worse. True Blood has never taken itself that seriously, so when it does dumb poo poo like giving Sam nothing to do because he can't transform int a t-rex, it's just whatever cause it's True Blood.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Krowley posted:

Did you forget that this is the character who shapeshifted into a fly then back into a human while inside someone's mouth?

I won't argue that they're not severely mishandling him (and others) this season (and previous ones too) but that was one of the best and craziest moments in the entire show.

Yeah that was a loving crazy moment, but you got there via a ton of awful subplot/backstory bullshit.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Season five is amazing, only second to season three. RUSSEL4LYF

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Dexter was never as silly and campy as True Blood is. Dexter tried to be a serious show.

I'm only on season 2 or so of Dexter but the voice over dialogue is so loving cornball I don't see how anyone could ever take that show seriously... especially when they try and insert humor.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Love is to Die

Hoyt receives a reminder of the past. Bill attempts to push Sookie away. Eric has to deal with a dilemma.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

thathonkey posted:

I'm only on season 2 or so of Dexter but the voice over dialogue is so loving cornball I don't see how anyone could ever take that show seriously... especially when they try and insert humor.

Hey man I said tried. I didn't say it was successful!

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Nichael posted:

If ever there was a show with more deserving characters of impromptu Poochie exoduses than True Blood, I'd be shocked. So many people on this show could literally say "I have to go now. My home planet needs me," and then drift off screen to die, and it wouldn't break the narrative at all. And I say that all as someone who likes Sam, he just hasn't had anything to add to this show for a while.

Isn't this pretty much what happened with Tara and Alcide's out of nowhere sudden deaths? Plus Willa's pretty much disappeared from the show and Nicole is looking like she'll be vanishing soon, if we haven't seen her last on-camera scene already.

thathonkey posted:

Season 2 was one of the better seasons if that gives you any perspective (not best necessarily, but still). Towards the latter seasons it just got incredibly stupid until it culminated in the dumbest ending imaginable, but you could tell the writers were still thinking "Hell yeah, this is genius. Drama at its finest." :cool: I think they even said as much in interviews.

Not to say that True Blood is the best show ever, but it's always had a certain self-awareness and sense of humor to it.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

TMMadman posted:

Sookie's fae light-ball magic crap was said to be a one-shot thing, no? Watch as she uses that in the next few episodes and it makes her blood change into a normal person's, too.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Kimmalah posted:

Season 2 was one of the better seasons if that gives you any perspective (not best necessarily, but still). Towards the latter seasons it just got incredibly stupid until it culminated in the dumbest ending imaginable, but you could tell the writers were still thinking "Hell yeah, this is genius. Drama at its finest." :cool: I think they even said as much in interviews.

Trinity killer season is one of the best, but realllly only because of John Lithgow.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

If the final words in Dexter were "Tonight is the night" then the entire last season could have been redeemed.

But it weren't.

IT WEREN'T!

half an hour til true blood.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

The Duggler posted:

If the final words in Dexter were "Tonight is the night" then the entire last season could have been redeemed.

But it weren't.

IT WEREN'T!

half an hour til true blood.

He just traded his blood lust for sap lust.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Why is Beyonce on my TV. :shepface:

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Why would bill even let them go all that way if he didn't want the blood in the first place

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

bill's a dick

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Jessica is getting released. How nice Bill.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
If your maker releases you, can they take you back?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

When you came in the air went out

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I can't believe they are still going on with this whole 'it's safe' thing.

edit - Also Sam did just up and leave and nobody noticed despite it being the middle of the day with a truck full of boxes.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

God drat Nicole is a beautiful woman

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.

Nichael posted:

You were saying?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Holy gently caress Anna paquin is a terrible loving actress.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

nwin posted:

You're just now figuring this out?

I think she was alright at some point, but lately I feel like she has just been phoning it in.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

sam's a dick

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

nwin posted:

It's the Oscar curse. She's been going downhill for 20 years.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

So this season is just going to have no actual conflict right?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Kingdom posted:

It's the Oscar curse. She's been going downhill for 20 years.

Same goes for her looks too.

The Duggler posted:

What you aren't interested in this 'conflict' between Hoyt and Bridgette and Jessica?

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

The Duggler posted:

"Closure"

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Now show us your tits.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I love that Bridget is flipping her poo poo on Hoyt like two days after they got in town for his mom passing.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Illuen posted:

You were saying?

That was an awesome prediction.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

nwin posted:

I love that Bridget is flipping her poo poo on Hoyt like two days after they got in town for his mom passing.

I know right, now it seem like Bridget is not so perfect.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Can someone make a slurpee out of Hoyt's girl yet jesus christ

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

nwin posted:

Feels like out of nowhere. That fight felt contrived.

Yes, I am Hoyt and I will choose random red haired lady over my girlfriend who came to Bon Temps with me to mourn my mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

"Bill released me"

Hoyt who is supposed to have no idea regarding jessica/bill/etc- "oh my god!!!!!!"

Two more episodes till this poo poo is done with. Kill everyone please.

• Locked thread