Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VZ1IflkWCY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

holocaust bloopers posted:

No joke. I hit up DD about once a week. A few are attached to train stations out here so I'll grab a donut or two on my way to class.

i didn't know that DD was in Chicago, let alone outside of the Northeast. (Except Tim Horton's, which is DD with an accent)

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Mister Sinewave posted:

I honestly enjoyed the genuinely good information and unique insights that were in the CE and related threads, but keeping up is nuts - like how many burned through in one month or something?

I'd just shrug and move on but that content isn't found just anywhere, never mind mixed in with unique GiP flavor.

Even accounting for recency bias there's a lot of poo poo going down right now

A foolish man would tell you you could get it all in D&D, because they can't tell the difference, because they are foolish

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

i didn't know that DD was in Chicago, let alone outside of the Northeast. (Except Tim Horton's, which is DD with an accent)

DD is a substantial national chain. KK is more southerly. They're up here in low numbers.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

No joke. I hit up DD about once a week. A few are attached to train stations out here so I'll grab a donut or two on my way to class.

There's one a block from work. I get a $1 coffee refill at least once a week, and a free donut for doing the survey on the receipt.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Eh debatable. Does KK do anything but glazed?

Yeah, I mean they don't have cronuts but other than that they've got a pretty broad selection. The glazeds are good as hell, though.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

DD is a substantial national chain. KK is more southerly. They're up here in low numbers.

There's a single Krispy Kreme in the entire western half of Canada. It's about 20 miles from me. Not really worth the trip in the wonderful land of having a Tim's on every corner. :canada:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
gleep gloop show us on the Vasudus where Whip touched you

This is a safe place.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Godholio posted:

There's one a block from work. I get a $1 coffee refill at least once a week, and a free donut for doing the survey on the receipt.

Two donuts for $2.08!

KK is fine. I don't dig their glazed that much. DD has been doing oreo donuts. Those own.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

isn't DD coffee supposed to be pretty good people always talk about it

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Christoff posted:

I think it's pretty good. I mean I guess Starbucks is better but you don't have to pack into a DD in the morning like it's a cattlecar to get it, and it's also like half as much.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Christoff posted:

Yea, I like it.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Christoff posted:

It's good bang for your buck. Maybe not the best coffee out there, but neither is Starbucks, or whatever other chain.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Dunkie's is awesome, and I'm so glad I live within a mile of one of the few of them in SC. I may be biased from growing up in Boston, but there is no better chain coffee shop around. I don't really do donuts, but the coffee is great and the turkey sausage on an English muffin is really good, and not terrible for you.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

JDAMS CURE PASHTUN posted:

It's good bang for your buck. Maybe not the best coffee out there, but neither is Starbucks, or whatever other chain.

The secret is that they already load it up with suger/sweetner/whatever so that first sip is amazing.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

why was whip demodded? He said he never even got notice.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'd like to know, also.
Police brutality.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I dont drink coffee but dd is still cool i guess

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Bought a Keurig last year. It owns.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Keurig is cool because goons loving HATE it.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Christoff posted:

I wouldn't put it Starbucks level but it's much cheaper and beats the hell out of the gas station-tier places, McDonald's etc. There's also decent variety on coffee and breakfast food and most every one I know has a drive through.

On the other hand if you don't micromanage or coach your coffee maker, 'cream and sugar' can mean like eight loving servings of each and god help you if you ask for it light and sweet.

I dropped about seven bucks a day at DD for almost the last four years and it's probably a miracle all that drat creamer hasn't given me the stone.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Also this

Office has free coffee and breakfast now, which also owns

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gleep gloop posted:

Keurig is cool because goons loving HATE it.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
On one hand I liked Whip as a mod, on the other N4I is cool. But I also have "gently caress RALP" across my knuckles on both hands.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Why does the internet hate keurigs so much because it's not imported directly from Brazil or something is that that the equivalent of alcohol snobs

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Their parents love Kuerigs.

Guess what their parents don't love.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea how does one hate Keurig? Their poo poo owns. Or are coffee snobs upset about convenience?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Snobbishness, the carbon footprint, and the fact that the new models have DRM to prevent you from using non-keurig brands

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Christoff posted:

Why does the internet hate keurigs so much because it's not imported directly from Brazil or something is that that the equivalent of alcohol snobs

I have not yet had a decent cuppa joe from a keurig. Plus I like to fill up a really big cup when I leave the house in the AM and Keurig isn't really good for that. But yeah definitely not worth internet slapfighting over.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Yea how does one hate Keurig? Their poo poo owns. Or are coffee snobs upset about convenience?

Its great for weekday coffer, throw in the cup, press brew, drink coffee and get dressed. On the weekend I go full gay and use my Italian stove top coffee maker because it tastes a lot better

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Goodbye GiP, I love you all but I'm not going to participate in these forums anymore.

Ya'll can find me on steam or send me an email at my username @yahoo if you want to james or send me piggy jokes

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
wtf happened?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Goodbye GiP, I love you all but I'm not going to participate in these forums anymore.

Ya'll can find me on steam or send me an email at my username @yahoo if you want to james or send me piggy jokes

WELP. That sucks. :smith:

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Whip Slagcheek posted:

before ya go tell us why you got demodded with 0 warning. Sounds kinda hosed up.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Don't go, Whip. You ain't such a bad piggy. :(

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Man deal with micromanaging in the Military and on these forums

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Whip, what's your steam name?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Whip, check your e-mail. Everybody else check your PMs. If you got nothing, be patient. And somebody let Shim know.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Its great for weekday coffer, throw in the cup, press brew, drink coffee and get dressed. On the weekend I go full gay and use my Italian stove top coffee maker because it tastes a lot better

Keurig is perfect for getting through homework. Brew a cup as needed and keep plowing through a paper or whatever.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

They're pretty cool. I drink quite a bit of tea so I bought an electric tea kettle and use coffee bags when the mood strikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I just use caffeine pills if absolutely needed for a boost because alcohol fucks up my insides enough

• Locked thread