Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

This was perfect and for an added bonus they didn't censor anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusProject
Apr 20, 2008
I was wondering how they were going to handle that last scene, what with all the shading out they did earlier in the show. Maybe that's just my culture gap or whatever.

But now everyone should get really excited, as those who have read the manga will know that the best ally joins the party in the next two episodes.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I wasn't too keen on the solution to this fight. It was kid of an asspull.

"Nobody can bring a stand into a dream."
"Yes, I can."

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Ixjuvin posted:

I feel like Hol Horse likely possesses Speedwagon levels of coward invulnerability.

Hol Horse pretty much becomes the embodiment of Speedwagon in the second Justice episode.

Run away even though it's clear that Enya and her zombies are focused on Polnareff? Nah, I'm just going to head back to the action and loudly announce everything that's happening.

Hol Horse doesn't seem like all that bad of a guy, though. He could've ran away (or tried; Enya probably would've noticed), but he stuck around to help out the good guys.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

e X posted:

"Yes, I can."

Well, it was more of a desperate measure, there was nothing else he could have done short of emerald splashing the baby.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

e X posted:

"Yes, I can."

You can't cut it on in a dream.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Kurtofan posted:

Well, it was more of a desperate measure, there was nothing else he could have done short of emerald splashing the baby.

I was genuinely thing the twist was going to be that Kakoyin only faked being unconscious and was going to simply disable the baby once the others went to sleep.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ChronoReverse posted:

Wasn't there some comic about punching a baby because it was being a dick? I honestly would have overlooked the heroes doing just that

Got you covered right here, little buddy. :thumbsup:

I love this goddamn show almost as much as I love the manga.

uuuummm
Apr 13, 2014
The baby was planning to kill them all in the desert, right? Then what? It's an abandoned baby in a desert. It can't last long.

Still a great episode.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

uuuummm posted:

The baby was planning to kill them all in the desert, right? Then what? It's an abandoned baby in a desert. It can't last long.

Still a great episode.

I imagine he could have used the plane's radio to contact help.

Edit: or actually Joseph might have done that already, he says he'll have to use the radio to ask for help.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Looking forward to the gifs of False Star Platinum's antics. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You have to love how Kakyoin has the smuggest expression when he makes the baby eat his own feces.

e X posted:

"Yes, I can."

It wasn't an asspull by any means. Kakyoin had his Stand out when he fell asleep (well, unconscious).

MagusProject posted:

But now everyone should get really excited, as those who have read the manga will know that the best ally joins the party in the next two episodes.

:dance:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Of all the OH!  MY  GOD!! moments that Joseph delivers, it's the least hammy delivery yet that catches me off-guard and slays me.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wonder how they're going to handle that in the American version. Richard Epcar will have to go full on Macaulay Culkin or something.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wonder how they're going to handle that in the American version. Richard Epcar will have to go full on Macaulay Culkin or something.

If they have any sense they'll do it exactly the same way as the Japanese version.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Ixjuvin posted:

If they have any sense they'll do it exactly the same way as the Japanese version.

It's either that or they break out a comically british voice for OH MY GOD!!

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

uuuummm posted:

Still a great episode.

I'm pretty sure they specifically mentioned last episode that Joseph used the plane's radio to call for help after the crash. So the rescuers would've showed up at the crash site the next day and found one healthy baby and four ~*mysteriously*~ dead adults.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Great episode. But why the hell are they still doubting each other when one of them says something freaky is going on. By now they might have learned that said freaky stuff only happens because of other stand users.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

A Meat posted:

It's either that or they break out a comically british voice for OH MY GOD!!

BLOODY 'ELL, GUV'NOR!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Mango Polo posted:

Great episode. But why the hell are they still doubting each other when one of them says something freaky is going on. By now they might have learned that said freaky stuff only happens because of other stand users.

As far as they knew, nothing was wrong to begin with.

Also Kakyoin's cherry thing is really creepy.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

To be fair, in this instance they had absolutely no indication of a Stand attack whatsoever aside from Kakyoin having night terrors one time.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Fair enough, that alone should make everyone suspicious of him :v:
I just had this feeling during the whole two episodes that maybe they should pay a little more attention when someone freaks out obstinately for no reason.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

e X posted:

Man, Polnaref is just amazing comic relief.

Polnareff has happy dreams :allears:

Edit: also I really like that they're using new songs now.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 15, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

e X posted:

"Yes, I can."

Not really. They showed before (and the baby even explained) that anything you have on you at the time you fall asleep comes along. He can't block them from summoning what's already there.

Mango Polo posted:

I've noticed so far that both the heroes and villains act really stupidly except for when the plot calls on them to be clever.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Kakyoin's everything is really creepy, dude has some issues.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

darealkooky posted:

Kakyoin's everything is really creepy, dude has some issues.

There was that time with Jotaro's mom too...

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Ah good, so it's next episode where they meet him.

Also, Kakyoin is the best.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I don't know if it'll be in the next episode (probably not), but I just want to say that I can't wait to see Dio's bird in action.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Widdiful posted:

This was perfect and for an added bonus they didn't censor anything.

Actually there was one little thing... :v:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Everyone thought Araki forgot about Hierophant's ability to possess people.

Also Kakyoin is easily the smuggest motherfucker in a pack of smug nerds, which is a loving Guinness record when he's hanging out with two Joestars and Polnareff.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Avdol was pretty :smug:, too, when he wanted to be.

:(

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat

Ixjuvin posted:

At least there aren't any more dogs out in the middle of the desert for BABY STAND to mutilate. Probably.

(I'm pretty sure I just alphanumeric'd in the most laborious manner possible, is there a shortcut for that)

The boards have "fixed" tags that do that for you

Like so:
code:
[fixed]OH! MY GOD![/fixed]
gives:
OH! MY GOD!

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
I personally don't think Jojo's bizarre adventure is suited to being a fighting game. (Though it can work, doing so betrays how the series plays out.) I think its natural state in the gaming medium is actually to be a hybrid action-adventure game with a big emphasis on brain teasers to figure out harrowing situations.

Think something like the walking dead telltale series but with somewhat more control over your character/stand powers.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 16, 2014

Jale
Nov 6, 2005

Spacedad posted:

Think something like the walking dead telltale series but with somewhat more control over your character/stand powers.

Ora? Ora? Ora?

You and 100% of players decided to punch a dude a lot.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Spacedad posted:

I personally don't think Jojo's bizarre adventure is suited to being a fighting game. (Though it can work, doing so betrays how the series plays out.) I think its natural state in the gaming medium is actually to be a hybrid action-adventure game with a big emphasis on brain teasers to figure out harrowing situations.

Naw, it's just that a lot of the badguys don't really work as fighting game characters.

In particular a lot of jotaro fights feel like something out of a fighting game. jotaro is zangeif who really really wants to get up close so he can beat the other guy up in two seconds, and the evil stand user of the week is sagat throwing fireballs and doing anything he can to stay away.

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!

Jale posted:

Ora? Ora? Ora?

You and 100% of players decided to punch a dude a lot.

Steely Dan will remember thi- no wait, he's dead.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Spacedad posted:

I think Jojo could work as a versus fighting game, but it would have to be very nontraditional. Something with a bigger emphasis on locational damage than regular health bars, and maybe with large and complex arenas that could be designed so that a lot of unique stand powers would have use in them.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

a jojo's game that plays like anarchy reigns would be the raddest poo poo

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
A striker system seems perfect for a Jojo game.

But I also just managed to barely catch myself from posting (minor) spoilers because I thought this was the other thread, d'oh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
All I want in life is a God Hand JoJo clone, where d-pad controls your stand and face buttons control the user - both analog sticks are for dodging.

• Locked thread