Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

niethan posted:

Hey maybe that's what a cop gets to say about war machine soon

hahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

heeebrew posted:

How has WM been able to evade capture this long? I'll give the guy props, didn't think he was smart enough to not tweet out his hiding spots.

Most people get caught in a man hunt because of a random traffic stop, or because of a tip off when they go get food or money or something. If one of his idiot friends is hiding him in a back room it's harder. It's harder still if one of his buddies put him up in a lovely motel or something. The dude grew up a scumbag so him stealing a car isn't an impossibility either.

Most of the time these idiots get caught with friends or family. They'll get him it'll just take some time.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

sportsgenius86 posted:

"What you have here is a counterfeit War Machine head?"

"But how can you tell?"

"Well, there's a brain in it"

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Just when you thought War Machine couldn't get any tanner...

niethan posted:

my loving god guys

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
I'm disappointed Faber hasn't already sued this company out of existence but:

quote:

It’s official: War Machine no longer does Alpha Male poo poo.

If you’re one of the special few who bought classic tee designs like “PC” IS SOME UN-AMERICAN BORDERLINE COMMIE BULLSHIT!!!, you’ll be sad to hear that your horrible taste in clothes is no longer spearheaded by a guy who brutally beats women.

http://uproxx.com/sports/2014/08/war-machine-has-been-disowned-by-his-own-clothing-brand-for-failing-to-do-alpha-male-sht/

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

niethan posted:

Got dang

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Cage Warrior fighters will now get $2,000 if they finish the fight by:
1. Head kick knockout
2. Twister
3. Knee bar
4. Heel hook
5. Gogoplata
6. Flying knee knockout
7. Superman punch knockout
8. Gone in 60 seconds (KO)
9. Spinning knockout
10. Slam knockout

This is in addition to their "of the Night bonuses"

I don't think this will increase the number of those 10 finishes, but more money to fighters is always a good thing.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Can't wait to see some guy wilting under strikes and then his opponent does a little one foot hop for the last one before the ref gets in and comes out going "Superman punch KO, where's my money????"

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/8/15/6006673/m-1-features-men-fighting-with-swords-and-shields-while-wearing-suits lmfao

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

Wow how many companies can say one key decision managed to completely rehabilitate its once lovely image?

M-1 rules.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

The Nick Diaz of medieval combat

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

colonel_korn posted:

The Nick Diaz of medieval combat

Was just gonna post that. He even found a way to emulate the Stockton Slap during a swordfight

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I always thought people who trained HISTORICAL WESTERN MARTIAL ARTS with swords and shields were mainly lame nerds but I'm way more amused by those .gifs than I thought I would be.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I dunno about the rest of it but that gif loving owns

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Not too sure those guys train in any of that though.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

This is the best thing ever.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

attackmole posted:

I always thought people who trained HISTORICAL WESTERN MARTIAL ARTS with swords and shields were mainly lame nerds but I'm way more amused by those .gifs than I thought I would be.

Historical martial arts manuals (those that have been found anyway) are hilariously full of such underhanded poo poo you wouldn't believe. Nothing screams "chivalry" like a training regimen of how to throw your cloak on a dudes face and then batter his helmet in with the pommel of your sword.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It's what Deadliest Warrior should have been.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Bushmeister posted:

Historical martial arts manuals (those that have been found anyway) are hilariously full of such underhanded poo poo you wouldn't believe. Nothing screams "chivalry" like a training regimen of how to throw your cloak on a dudes face and then batter his helmet in with the pommel of your sword.

This reminds me of when I picked up one of those Bruce Lee penned JKD books for fun and it had drawings and instructions on eye gouges, biting people and kicking crotches. Dude owned more than I thought.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

attackmole posted:

Its a special kind of nerd that enjoys riding to the hospital from multiple lacerations via blunt force trauma.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

This reminds me of when I picked up one of those Bruce Lee penned JKD books for fun and it had drawings and instructions on eye gouges, biting people and kicking crotches. Dude owned more than I thought.

Yeah the most effective stuff on the street can be found by looking at everything disallowed under the unified rules of MMA

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Greg Jackson posted:

Yeah the most effective stuff on the street can be found by looking at everything disallowed under the unified rules of MMA

I dunno. Grabbing a guy's shorts probably has pretty limited utility if they're employing the Wearing a Belt technique.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
The only thing that would really help a good deal in the street would be the back of the head. I've always been taught that if you get someones back in a street fight drop an elbow on the back of their head and then get away.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

There's no DIAMOND MMA cups in the streets

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
You win street fights by doing everything Marco Ruas did, duh.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

LobsterMobster posted:

You win street fights by doing everything Marco Ruas did, duh.

You throw leg kicks for 5 minutes and then quit on your stool between rounds.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Agent Tough Juice posted:

I dunno. Grabbing a guy's shorts probably has pretty limited utility if they're employing the Wearing a Belt technique.

However, if one finds oneself in a Whataburger all be[l]ts are off.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
War Machine's been caught according to TMZ

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I was gonna beg for a repost of that fight but I'm not a POS so I just found it

http://youtu.be/CVeI6WXtmeI

fake edit: Auto vid tags aren't working?

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

quote:

He was caught by U.S. Marshals and Simi Vallley police .. and we're told he did not put up a fight.

The fugitive MMA fighter was sitting in the hotel room with a pizza and a small amount of cash.

Well that's disappointing. Dude didn't give them a reason to shoot him apparently. I guess it's cool they managed to catch him without violence though. American justice works (unless you're black)!

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

War Machine's been caught according to TMZ

According to an officer ... Dog the Bounty Hunter was also there.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
who was the person who bet he gets taken alive before the end of the week? Goongrats

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

who was the person who bet he gets taken alive before the end of the week? Goongrats

I thought he bet the opposite.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
in which case, Goondolences

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

I thought he bet the opposite.

I'm pretty sure it was coco.

Edit:

coconono posted:

gently caress it, I'll eat a weeks probation if the cops take Warmachine alive.

Sorry duder.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
But did Dog get it on camera?

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

I've never watched Dog the Bounty Hunter. Is he actually good at it or is he more likely to have paid the cops to tell him when they found War Machine so he could stand there when they arrested him?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I have no idea but that's not a thing you could learn from watching his reality show.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

doverhog posted:

I have no idea but that's not a thing you could learn from watching his reality show.

I mean yeah, but it eventually got out that Bear Grylls stayed in hotels and poo poo. I was thinking something like that might be the case with Dog as well.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Chael Sonnen @sonnench
I caught War Machine.

Lift the suspension NSAC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

I've never watched Dog the Bounty Hunter. Is he actually good at it or is he more likely to have paid the cops to tell him when they found War Machine so he could stand there when they arrested him?

From what I've seen on his show it matches the old euphemism that most investigations are solved through snitching rather than sleuthing