Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

that word means poop in Scotland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

The Killing Jelq posted:

apparently star citizens is the spiritual descendent of a game played by a handful of bbs members 30 years ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/trade_wars_2002
i imagine there are a lot of people here who spent hours on trade wars, barren realms, legend of the red dragon, usurper, and all kinds of other bbs doors. not worthless!

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
File:ZYA1YBb Dr Bronner's Soap - Imgur.jpg
Source
I took the photograph with my cellphone, then uploaded the file to Imgur

...why did they upload to imgur then download it then upload it to wikipedia

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

for the same reason that people paste screengrabs into word documents, print them out, and then fax them

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Fancy rats have their origins as the targets for blood sport in 18th- and 19th-century Europe.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
During December 2011, an account belonging to a user named "Aaron" was banned after a user insulted him in EA's forums;[25] another instance also affected a user called "MaximumTaco".[26]

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

surely this encyclopedia doesnt have historical articles in it

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

File:ZYA1YBb Dr Bronner's Soap - Imgur.jpg
Source
I took the photograph with my cellphone, then uploaded the file to Imgur

...why did they upload to imgur then download it then upload it to wikipedia

because imgur strips exif data and they don't want people to stalk them for daring to take a picture of soap and are too dumb to strip it themselves

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Evidence

There are no real evidence provided for Tahrif. Some try to use the Hebrew prophet Jeremiah 8:8 to be interpreted as a proof of tahrif, but the sentence is not a proof for Tahrif, This sentence is stating what the sinners and the idol worshipers would say.

“8. How do you say, "We are wise, and the Law of the Lord is with us"? Verily, behold it is in vain, he made a false scribes' pen."
—Jeremiah 8:8

as g-d promises the jews to be with them and protect them as long as they are with g-d and follow his command and the people who are sinners and not protected might say where is g-d? and why is he not protecting us perhaps the book is all lies.

This is certainly not a proof for Tahrif.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the only funny thing about this one is that its link to the "parish" article goes to the one about the religious concept. meanwhile a dedicated article on English civil parishes exists

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Lutha Mahtin posted:

the only funny thing about this one is that its link to the "parish" article goes to the one about the religious concept. meanwhile a dedicated article on English civil parishes exists

that's because civil parishes didn't exist until at least the 18th century in england, the civil duties of the parish being part of the ecclesiastical parishes!!!!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Nintendo Kid posted:

that's because civil parishes didn't exist until at least the 18th century in england, the civil duties of the parish being part of the ecclesiastical parishes!!!!

<3 fishmech

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Nintendo Kid posted:

:eyepop:

i still find it funny because you'd only figure this out if you went digging around in the sub headings of multiple other articles

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Fatty Fuller only showed up in one issue so Archie could call him fat, steal from him, then never see or hear from him again. The real fat star of Little Archie came later, when Bubbles McBounce moved to town...

e: this apparently isn't from wikipedia but it's still good so w/e

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
archie stole from fattie fuller and now he's paying the ultimate price

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Bowling is an anaerobic type of physical exercise, similar to walking with free weights. Bowling helps in burning calories and works muscle groups not usually exercised. The flexing and stretching in bowling works tendons, joints, ligaments, and muscles in the arms and promotes weight loss. While most sports are not for elderly people, it is possible to practice bowling very well at advanced ages.

Apart from the physical benefits, it also has psychosocial benefits, strengthening friendships or creating new ones in groups.[13]

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

computer parts posted:

Bowling is an anaerobic type of physical exercise, similar to walking with free weights. Bowling helps in burning calories and works muscle groups not usually exercised. The flexing and stretching in bowling works tendons, joints, ligaments, and muscles in the arms and promotes weight loss. While most sports are not for elderly people, it is possible to practice bowling very well at advanced ages.

Apart from the physical benefits, it also has psychosocial benefits, strengthening friendships or creating new ones in groups.[13]
i liked the big lebowski too

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i liked the big lebowski too

yea

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

computer parts posted:

my grandma bowls twice a week and is the embodiment of this quote

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Visser is a vegetarian, according to the line "I don't got beef 'cos I don't eat meat" from their song "Baby's On Fire".

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Nintendo Kid posted:

this is a great post on a lot of levels, including who it's in response to.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

It again appeared in the sequel. It was given to a neuralyzed Kay, who was called Kevin Brown. Jay jokingly gave Brown a Noisy Cricket,. Jay described the cricket as Brown's favorite weapon. Even though he had no memory of being an MiB agent, Kay proves his experience with the cricket. He blew Jeeb's head off without being hurt or bothered by the recoil. However, he was lying on the floor at the time, so the recoil presumably had no effect.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

:pcgaming::pcgaming::pcgaming::pcgaming:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Several scenes in the 1996 film Star Trek: First Contact were shot at the site. The missile itself was depicted as the launch vehicle for the film's Phoenix spacecraft, the first warp prototype; at one point, Data notes the profound irony that a WMD was used to bring about the global peace and unity of Trek's future.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

It has been regarded by game journalists as one of the games which best utilizes the features of the Nintendo DS, alongside others such as Kirby: Canvas Curse, Nintendogs, and Metroid Prime Hunters[citation needed].

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_guide_to_the_hacker_language

also every other redirect

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

The Jonathan Coulton song "I'm Your Moon" from the Thing A Week Four album is a love song sung to Pluto by Charon.[30]

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
when is "raisin" going to be one of the custom gender options on facebook

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
facebook has already entirely given in, you can enter your gender in a text field now

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

haveblue posted:

facebook has already entirely given in, you can enter your gender in a text field now

yeah they collected the data they wanted

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

Eegah posted:

my grandma bowls twice a week and is the embodiment of this quote

my grandma too, is also ripped

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

daft punk railroad posted:

Trans GtR

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

daft punk railroad posted:

auto-gender anyone who puts in a comedy fake age like 69 or 99 or whatever - anyone 69 and up is gendered "Raisin"

yes if you're legitimately 69 years old or older you'll be labeled raisin too, don't get all offended or whatnot it's accurate.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jimmy_Fallon_sketches

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
why can't I be a porpoise on facebook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Sniep posted:

auto-gender anyone who puts in a comedy fake age like 69 or 99 or whatever - anyone 69 and up is gendered "Raisin"

yes if you're legitimately 69 years old or older you'll be labeled raisin too, don't get all offended or whatnot it's accurate.
but if the olds get offended facebook will miss out on that sweet 70+ advertising age bracket