Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

13 INCH DICK posted:

I figured you were posting power adders, so i would post power subtractors :v:

If you're being serious its a 25hp 2 cylinder aircooled motorcycle engine, if you went meta sorry for ruining the joke

I was both - I couldn't figure out whether that was an enormous blower with the tiny Honda engine hidden behind it, or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4583103612.html

I feel like "Original 2.5 litre V6 engine with twin turbochargers" and "Carburetor completely rebuilt" are two things that should never be in the same car ad together.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

13 INCH DICK posted:

Just got off the phone with Matt, hes very familiar with the car an says that mecanically its pretty cherry and the one knock he had against it was that its got some rough seats out of a 2002 in it but he says he has some good useable 122 seat frames that can be reupholstered if you like. He said the price was really good for the shape its in, apparently the frot end had a new nose welded in properly before the new paint and he says you should absolutely go drive it if you need convincing.

13 INCH DICK posted:

Ps gently caress the volvo Negromancer you know you want a clown car

gently caress you, your not helping my vacation fund(already bought tickets to New Zealand in december). That n600 is awesome as well, but I would go with the 122. I have always loved those things since a guy who I went to highschool with had one painted up as the general leif. It was the most ballard car that can exist. I am waiting for my brother to show up in here and be sensible, but knowing him he might not help.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

atomicthumbs posted:

I feel like "Original 2.5 litre V6 engine with twin turbochargers" and "Carburetor completely rebuilt" are two things that should never be in the same car ad together.

BACK THE gently caress OFF ITS MINE

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
While we're on the topic of clown cars, someone else linked me this:
http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/4611887995.html

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

13 INCH DICK posted:

BACK THE gently caress OFF ITS MINE

You go right ahead

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

atomicthumbs posted:

Craigslist ad posted:

It attracts a good amount of attention and I always get compliments on it!....While driving AND while parked!

That's good because it's gonna spend a lot of time parked.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Oh, how cute it's pissing itself.

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum

Negromancer posted:

I am waiting for my brother to show up in here and be sensible, but knowing him he might not help.

Yeah right, both those cars are way more sensible then 2/3rds of your stable. I'd buy either of them but I have $1500 of work to do to the clownshoe, NZ tickets to buy, baby expenses to pay off and an idea involving a BMW airhead engine, a CJ750 tranny/rearend and a lot of fabrication.

http://victoria.craigslist.ca/boa/4570993791.html

Not automotive but definitely insanity. A 101-year old wood boat. I want it so bad.

Bibendum fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 13, 2014

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

keykey posted:

Oh, how cute it's pissing itself.

You mean the manhole it's parked on?
Those seats look like something you could fall asleep in though.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Before my grandpa died my grandparents' big hobby was their 29 foot fiberglass hulled cabin cruiser. At the marina down in essex they were friends with a couple who had a 55 foot Cris Craft. Trust me. You do not want a wooden boat. Boating is a really expensive hobby and having a wooden boat makes it 2-3x more expensive at the very least.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

slidebite posted:

You mean the manhole it's parked on?

":spergin:" Yes, that.

Lamar Smith R-TX
Feb 23, 2012

quote:

I am entertaining offers for my beloved 91 MR2 turbo. I guarantee there's not another MR2 like this one on Earth. If you just want a stock MR2 it would be cheaper to go buy someone else's.

The body-work is one of a kind. I did it all myself, welding in steel plates and using fiberglass. I get tons of comments on the body. I've had police officers stop to take pictures and lunatics swing their doors open while driving by just to yell how much they love it. Park it next to a Ferrari and more people will stare at my car just trying to figure out what the hell it is.

Mechanically the car is in great shape, especially considering it's 23 years old.

List of modifications: (probably forgetting a few things)

Fuel Cut system completely disabled
Manual Boost controller currently set at 16 PSI (lots of fun set at 20)
EGR System removed
CATs removed
Entire ABS system removed
Power Steering bypassed
Air bag disabled
Computer removed from trunk, relocated behind drivers seat
Custom made beach umbrella mount (clicks into driver side seat belt and straps to T-bar) (intended for parking not driving)
Mack Truck Air horn
Very large air tank
Air powered washer-fluid tank
Boost and Oil Pressure Gauges added
HKS turbo timer
After-market header and downpipe
New dual core radiator
Genuine Harley Davidson Headlights
Custom made trailer hitch, much tougher than the turd you can buy for it.

The head was rebuilt by Cylinder Head Depot less than a year ago. Replaced all the timing idler's while I was at it.

Replaced all the vacuum lines and intercooler hoses.

Things I haven't gotten around to fixing:
Gas Gauge doesn't work. Gauge is fine, sending unit is bad.
Speedometer does not work. The cable snapped, I replaced it and it snapped again. You would have to replace the little gear driven doo-hickey on-top of the transmission that drives the speedo cable.
Recently started to vary the idle speed. Pretty sure it's the Throttle Posisition sensor, just haven't gotten around to replacing it. Still runs and drives great just idles anywhere between 750rpms and 1,000.

Odometer reads 170something thousand, not sure what's actually on it with a broken speedo cable.

The wheels are off an early 90's Mazda RX-7 with taller wider tires on the back.

This car has been my baby for over 6 years. I've never let a mechanic touch this car, I do all my own work. Dropping off the head at Cylinder head Depot to be rebuilt is the only work I've let anyone else do to it.

I'm in no rush to sell this car and probably won't. Just entertaining offers right now. I might consider a trade involving a street legal sand rail but it would have to be a kick-A** one.

I will not even bother responding to low offers, don't waste your time, or mine.

I don't check my email very often so it may take up to 24hrs to hear back from me.

oops forgot the link in case anyone wants to make an offer for him to entertain:

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/4617671493.html

Lamar Smith R-TX fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Aug 14, 2014

televiper
Feb 12, 2007
n/m

televiper fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Aug 14, 2014

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-halifax/1995-dodge-neon-sedan/1010004021?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

A 5spd neon with 63k...I kinda want it.

koollook124
Jan 15, 2008
It will need a new head gasket if not already replaced, guaranteed.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
its a '95.

It was replaced in 2000 at the LATEST.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
Title should read "Ultimate Nutter Vehicle"

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/4620433212.html

I feel like a 250,000 mile Grand Cherokee (without a locking 4LO even) with a slipping transmission would not make the best vehicle for this.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
That should have an NP231 or 242, both of which have locking 4lo, but yeah, a shagged out 42RE ZJ with a dana 35 rear is approximately the last vehicle I'd choose for ultimate reliability.

The MREs will come in handy when the tranny explodes and you have to live in it for a while, though.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Goddamnit a 1995 Jeep that has "never been offroad"? 20 years a freeway queen. Just buy a minivan for gently caress's sake.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

I wish I had $4500 :sigh:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4619540201.html

quote:

1997 Volvo 850 T5 Wagon -- $4,500

Silver exterior with charcoal gray fine leather upholstery

170,300 mileage -- Smog certified 5-2-2014

I bought this car new and added every upgrade I could at the time. I have all the maintenance records, all the codes, the wheel locks, etc. Very clean and well maintained.

No accidents. One owner / driver. Non-smoker.

See customer reviews at: https://www.cars.com/volvo/1997/consumer-reviews/

Specs for this great car:

Power door mirrors
Heated door mirrors
Auto temperature control A/C
Power moonroof
Power seats -- Driver and passenger
Memory seat setting -- Driver and passenger
Beverage holder
Power windows
Remote keyless entry
Tilt steering wheel
Telescoping steering wheel
Speed Control (Cruise control)
Premium sound system with 8 speakers
CD Player
Cassette Player
Disk Changer (6 disks)
Headlight wipers
Outside temperature display
Trip computer
Rear window defroster
Front wheel drive
4 speed automatic transmission
5 cylinder
2.3 liter engine
222 horse power
Intercooled turbo
19 mpg city / 26 mpg highway
Security system
Panic alarm
Dual front impact airbags
ABS brakes
Traction control
Leather upholstery -- Charcoal
Leather steering wheel
Rear seat pull-down center armrest
Rear seat pull-down center child booster seat
Split folding rear seat
Heated front seats
Auto leveling suspension
Front wheel independent suspension
Power steering
Alloy wheels
205 / 50 R 16 Tires -- Michelin (good tread left)
All season removable rubber floor mats plus cargo area tray
Rear windshield wiper

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

BoostCreep posted:

Title should read "Ultimate Nutter Vehicle"

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/4620433212.html

I feel like a 250,000 mile Grand Cherokee (without a locking 4LO even) with a slipping transmission would not make the best vehicle for this.

"ULTIMATE PREPPER VEHICLE WITH SLIPPING TRANNY!!!!"

Sounds like the usual CL double speak for "BEST CAR EVER EASY FIX(tm)!"

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

The photo with the owner's sandaled foot sells it.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Grimey Drawer

kastein posted:

That should have an NP231 or 242, both of which have locking 4lo, but yeah, a shagged out 42RE ZJ with a dana 35 rear is approximately the last vehicle I'd choose for ultimate reliability.

The MREs will come in handy when the tranny explodes and you have to live in it for a while, though.

I thought there wasn't a true locking 4LO in the Grand until 96. Or is that only for V8 models?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

BoostCreep posted:

I thought there wasn't a true locking 4LO in the Grand until 96. Or is that only for V8 models?

I don't know much about ZJs and WJs, admittedly, but I think there was? I know I got an NP231 I couldn't use (weird input gear) out of a 94/95 at one point.

Here's a truck I am lusting after for all the wrong reasons.

I don't even like Fords, goddammit! WHY MUST YOU TEMPT ME :argh:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It looks like it's made of 90% rust and yet simultaneously looks like it's tough as nails and solid as a rock.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

It looks like it's made of 90% rust and yet simultaneously looks like it's tough as nails and solid as a rock.

That's because it's made of nice thick steel. The kind that goes clang when you hit it with a hammer.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Grimey Drawer

kastein posted:

I don't know much about ZJs and WJs, admittedly, but I think there was? I know I got an NP231 I couldn't use (weird input gear) out of a 94/95 at one point.

Here's a truck I am lusting after for all the wrong reasons.

I don't even like Fords, goddammit! WHY MUST YOU TEMPT ME :argh:

Yeah, just looked it up again. The 93-95 GC has the NP249, which relied on a viscous coupler to "lock" the front and rear driveshafts. They switched to a true locking version for 96-98.

BoostCreep fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Aug 15, 2014

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

It was an option though - you could definitely get the NP231, I have the parts from one in my kitchen :banjo:

Tag number 5209-7696, -8318, -7526, and -8319 all came from 93-95 ZJs with 4.0s and AX15s, AW4s, and 42REs.

All pretty academic though, he didn't say which it has or show a picture of the shifter and the transmission will die far before the transfer case probably. It's a pile of poo poo and not worth 2500 bucks.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Why do I always picture transfer cases on the kitchen table, engine parts in the dish washer and a toaster with a discarded ego in Kastiens kitchen?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Why do I always picture transfer cases on the kitchen table, engine parts in the dish washer and a toaster with a discarded ego in Kastiens kitchen?

hmm, i wonder if you could rig a dishwasher to circulate from a solvent tank.

There are a ton of near new fifty dollar dishwashers around here from folks who swap them out for stainless steel ones.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

You can have stainless steel appliances, they're a bitch to keep clean so you get tired of polishing it and it looks like poo poo all the time :argh:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

That's a cool wagon, but you're a bastard for making me find this:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/red-deer/2001-volvo-s60-sedan-t5-turbo/1011632610?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Manual too

Only registered members can see post attachments!

slidebite fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Aug 16, 2014

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I am halfway through gutting the first floor, so it is a lot more like "no kitchen table or counter, two axles on jackstands and a transmission sitting on the kitchen floor, box of dana 60 parts in the corner and a 5 gallon pail of np231 parts next to it".

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

??? but that's a ford??

:v:

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum

I love how it makes 40" tires look normal.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Bibendum posted:

I love how it makes 40" tires look normal.

That's loving with my head. It looks like a normal-sized mid-50's Ford pickup until you mention the tires. Then I notice the cab is smaller than the hood in ratio, and it all goes downhill from there in my brain.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I think one of my neighbors when I was a kid had one of those with a stake bed.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Geirskogul posted:

That's loving with my head. It looks like a normal-sized mid-50's Ford pickup until you mention the tires. Then I notice the cab is smaller than the hood in ratio, and it all goes downhill from there in my brain.

You could make it worse by taking a fleetside bed and putting flareside fenders on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

http://waco.craigslist.org/cto/4621283892.html

I kinda like it. $200, but I don't have a trailer. :buddy: