Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mark of the Ninja is $3, and its like, come on, what are you doing if you don't own this game. Buy it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

tater_salad posted:

Tropico 4 complete is .39 get it while it's hot.

Never been a fan of taking advantage of these but gently caress it. 39 cents is hard to pass up and I've always wanted to give this a try.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Lance Streetman posted:

Never been a fan of taking advantage of these but gently caress it. 39 cents is hard to pass up and I've always wanted to give this a try.

You sir don't know how to steam properly.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

tater_salad posted:

Dammit I already own Tropico 4 Complete? When the gently caress did that happen? I just lost money! STEAAAAAAAAM :argh:

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Mark of the Ninja is $3, and its like, come on, what are you doing if you don't own this game. Buy it

100% agree! If you don't like Mark of the Ninja then I'm sorry about your crippling brain damage.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

tater_salad posted:

Don't mind if I do :catstare:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
*"requires a free Kalypso account"

Eff you people makin' me sign up for yet other lovely accounts. If you're on Steam, just fuckin' use steam.

:argh:

First wolrd problems, I know, but man. :henget:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Whoa, price errors are the best. Gift copies to abound.

Got Haggis?
Jul 28, 2002
Great chieftain o' the puddin-race!
so I'm trying out Steam Big Picture Mode and it was working pretty good - played Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider...I have 2 monitors hooked up with DVI and a HDMI cable going to my TV. I setup autohotkey so when I press the back button on my 360 controller, it switches the main display to my tv and the audio output to HDMI - and when quitting big picture mode, resets everything back to normal....has been working great.

That is, until I tried to play Wolfenstein. Turns out, Wolfenstein has an in-game setting where you have to set which display you want to play on - not a huge deal, but slightly more of a pain in the rear end having to manually set it instead of just letting steam take care of it.

Well I start playing Wolfenstein and notice that the menus all appear off-center....almost like its trying to combine my tv and 2 monitors into one giant screen (not quite that bad, just trying to describe whats going on)....gameplay look ok, its mostly cutscenes and menus....for example looking at the journal (or startup legal text) the text is going off the side of the screen.

Ok, I figure Wolfenstien must be jacked....so I fire up Watchdogs....same thing is happening. I go back to Tomb Raider, everything is fine. I fire up Sleeping Dogs, everything is fine.

Any ideas? Basically makes these games unplayable in Big Picture Mode

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Drifter posted:

*"requires a free Kalypso account"

Eff you people makin' me sign up for yet other lovely accounts. If you're on Steam, just fuckin' use steam.

:argh:

First wolrd problems, I know, but man. :henget:

They save your information and it even carried over when I bought Tropico 5.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I forgot I already owned Tropico 4 and didn't play it because it was basically just 3 again. This is the first time this has happened to me!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

tater_salad posted:

Thanks for the heads up

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009

tater_salad posted:

I already had the base game, but I guess it's a fair price for the crappy DLC.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

So I've started playing Dead Rising 2 and...well, is this game just a slow starter or something? Unless I'm really bad at combat it doesn't seem possible to fend off the big groups of zombie hordes so you just run around trying to avoid them. Even your first combo weapon is just a nailbat, which is a bit better but it's still more or less a 1-on-1 weapon. Do you just have to wait until you start getting better weapon combos or what? I tried a bit of Off The Record and your character there seems a bit more capable, even without combo weapons.

Bodzilla
Mar 11, 2007

Beep beep, motherf*cker!
I bought the Tropico 4 Collection 90 minutes ago for £4.50, and now it's £0.29.
You guys want me to buy any more games so they then stick a 99% discount on it?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Malek posted:

This game is absolutely miserable solo.
Also the game came out with a patch that pretty much made the final levels beatable with only one strategy and requiring 4 people.

It was fun to start but now, I'm pretty turned off of it.

I pre-ordered it because the first one was fun, and it was cheap. Played a couple of rounds and shelved the sequel. Ended up playing much more of the free copy of Sanctum TD it came with.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Bodzilla posted:

Yeah if you could buy Divinity: Original Sin, that'd be great.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Bodzilla posted:

Bad Rats.

edit: and risen 3, witcher 3, warmachine tactics and basically just everything on my wishlist please

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Aug 16, 2014

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Bought myself 5 copies. :toot:

Bodzilla posted:

AC: Unity, Witcher 3 and Metro Redux please.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I don't think I'd even like Tropico 4 but I'd be a fool not to buy it at that price.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

VodeAndreas posted:

Slightly different Risen 3 question - are either of the DLCs worth buying?

I played through Fog Island in like 2 hours. Pretty neat, return of a few people from Risen 2 but maybe not worth $5. Lots of unique gear though.

You should have preordered :catstare:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
They noticed it just as I added it to my cart. :(

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Price changed to $6 when added to cart

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

They noticed it just as I added it to my cart. :(

Will you play it or did you just buy in case?
If you really wanted it post your steam I'd I have a present for you. Since I figured it would change back at some point.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

ImPureAwesome posted:

Price changed to $6 when added to cart

Were you going to actually play it? Add me and I'll send you a copy. I'll do it because you posted a nice thing about Expedition: Conquistador once.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/refity4

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

These guys in Marlow Briggs that can attack through walls and can't be blocked or dodged are really super lovely. Especially since they spawn forever unless you kill a certain guy who's hiding offscreen. The princesses or whatever with the undodgeable knives suck too. The game was only a buck, but come on.

e: Actually dodging is completely worthless. Blocking can only block projectiles but dodging doesn't get you out of the way of anything or stop anything from hitting you.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Aug 16, 2014

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Seventh Arrow posted:

So I've started playing Dead Rising 2 and...well, is this game just a slow starter or something? Unless I'm really bad at combat it doesn't seem possible to fend off the big groups of zombie hordes so you just run around trying to avoid them. Even your first combo weapon is just a nailbat, which is a bit better but it's still more or less a 1-on-1 weapon. Do you just have to wait until you start getting better weapon combos or what? I tried a bit of Off The Record and your character there seems a bit more capable, even without combo weapons.
Yes, essentially. I would recommend just cheating by opening up a tab for this page and CTRL+F'ing the item you found (the ones with a blue wrench symbol) to see what you can pick up and combine. You don't get as many points if you don't have the actual combo card, but it's still better than hitting things and getting minimal PP for it (XP, basically, so you can level up and get more combo cards, health, and stats).

If you don't like the time limit on the story mode, I would recommend just playing sandbox mode in OTR. You might have to be super careful at the start because if you die, your only option is the go back to a save or restart (but you keep your levels at least). I loving hate the time limit in DR2:OTR in the story so I usually just play it in sandbox and kill zombies for shits and giggles.

But if you just came out of the safehouse in story mode (or find it in the map), go to the sports store just around the corner, pick up some boxing gloves, finds some knives (usually zombies are just carrying some around and they're relatively common items, in OTR basically any 'knife' will do) and go make some knife gloves (wolverine gloves basically) and loving chew poo poo up like a champ. Also, I wouldn't discount the nail bat, since uncomboed weapons rarely will one-hit kill zombies, and the bat has a nice wide arc to it. As you find more maintenance rooms, also try to combine some of the items lying inside or nearby the door, because they are intentionally placed there for combo weapons.

Also decent and simple combo weapons are the polearm (machete + broom handle, there are a few maintenance rooms with that) and the lightsaber (flashlight + gems) because they all have cool sweeping hits and awesome aoe sweeps if you have the combo card (the former you get from leveling early, the latter you can just find).

But above all, yeah, you don't get cool stuff until you level. You get some cool moves from leveling (they don't need weapons) and more health, carry slots and movement speed above all else. Just make combo weapons and kill zombies and smash slot machines/ATMs for money and level up faster and basically just ... it picks up after a few levels, trust me. I had the same problem with the game being clumsy and slow as gently caress until a few levels in. I still loving hate the story mode. I go back to it after getting like 5+ levels in sandbox mode. Plus in sandbox the whole map is open to you whereas they lock you off in the story in certain spots.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Here are some game keys. People were talking about Ring Runner, Geneforge is really cool (I think it's the 1-5 pack, but not sure), Arcane Worlds is supposed to be some sort of Magic Carpet remake, and the other ones are what they are.

e: well that's annoying, the picture doesn't appear to load. gently caress it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 16, 2014

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Drifter posted:

Were you going to actually play it? Add me and I'll send you a copy. I'll do it because you posted a nice thing about Expedition: Conquistador once.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/refity4

Thanks drifter you're a cool guy

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah Dead Rising games are slow starters. I think it's a nice way to show progression, to show your character gets slowly stronger and stronger the more you level up/die. I am probably in the minority but I treated the deaths/gameover in Dead Rising like a rogue lite type thing. Oh hey I died. Time to start over with my new levels and do better.

Except when it happen at the end and I got the D ending.

That sucked. :v:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Is the Metro Redux package not likely to get a lower sale price this winter sale than the 50% already off? I wouldn't think so, but don't want to grab it and then it get 75% off or something in 4 months.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

After stealthing it up in Dishonored I decided I'm going to Jack Bauer it in Deus Ex Human Revolution. So far I think it's the right call.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Wait... You started playing Dead Rising 2? This game actually boots? I could never get the drat game to work.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Shindragon posted:

Yeah Dead Rising games are slow starters. I think it's a nice way to show progression, to show your character gets slowly stronger and stronger the more you level up/die. I am probably in the minority but I treated the deaths/gameover in Dead Rising like a rogue lite type thing. Oh hey I died. Time to start over with my new levels and do better.

Except when it happen at the end and I got the D ending.

That sucked. :v:

It really sucked when you died after a few hours of having fun and not saving

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Karl Sharks posted:

Is the Metro Redux package not likely to get a lower sale price this winter sale than the 50% already off? I wouldn't think so, but don't want to grab it and then it get 75% off or something in 4 months.
Nobody knows. The only right mindset is to consider whether you'll play it right now or in a few months. If the latter then there's no point in buying now.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

tater_salad posted:

Will you play it or did you just buy in case?
If you really wanted it post your steam I'd I have a present for you. Since I figured it would change back at some point.

Is it any better than 3? I have that and the first two, and I've heard varying opinions.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I guess I reached my max sales? I got a red text saying I can't sell more than 200 things in a calender year unless i put in my tax info.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Palpek posted:

Nobody knows. The only right mindset is to consider whether you'll play it right now or in a few months. If the latter then there's no point in buying now.

Yeah, I already have them both, but only played 2033 since old laptop couldn't handle Last Light. It'll get below 50% eventually :v:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

Is it any better than 3? I have that and the first two, and I've heard varying opinions.

No clue the only tropico I've played was 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

PrinceRandom posted:

I guess I reached my max sales? I got a red text saying I can't sell more than 200 things in a calender year unless i put in my tax info.

So put in your info. It's pretty basic stuff and they don't use it if you don't make a taxable amount of money.

• Locked thread