Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

Jonah Galtberg posted:

You are so loving stupid Soag.

Idgi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Chinese breast cancer rates are through the roof! It's got to be the abortions. Christ knows there are no methods of abortion being used in eastern medicine for the past gazillion years. No one had abortions until the 70s, whereas everyone always had access to mammograms.

Fruity Gordo fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Aug 16, 2014

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
just to clarify you mean that improved screening methods are detecting cancer more frequently, not that mammograms cause cancer?

cause that would suck.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Mammograms cause cancer, hosed up but true

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Also if you pull tobacco bongs with your cooch and hold in your queefs as long as you can it cures cervical cancer

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
I'm Eric Abetz

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Fruity Gordo posted:

Also if you pull tobacco bongs with your cooch and hold in your queefs as long as you can it cures cervical cancer

Thanks for inspiring my next photo shoot, fruity.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

Fruity Gordo posted:

I'm avshalom

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Sorry I already sold the concept to Tyra for the next cycle of ANTM.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Urcher posted:

This sounds like a terrible idea to me.

I read it as:

"Hi. I can't convince anyone that is in the business of lending money to loan me enough money to buy this place, but I'm hoping I can convince you. How about I give you half now and we hope for the best over the next few years."

There's plenty of nice, well meaning people that are terrible with money out there. You can probably name a dozen of your friends that fit that description. This guy sounds like one of them.

Selling property always takes a significant amount of time - generally months but sometimes years. If you can't afford to have it sit there unoccupied while you look for a buyer you should consider looking for a tenant.

Can't put a tenant in. It's exclusively owner occupied, people own the structures on the sites and pay rent to the park. What I'm selling is the structures. It isn't a real estate sale. Additionally, residents of the park have to be approved by management before they can make a purchase so there's no way to slip someone in under the radar. I've been paying rent on the thing for almost 3 months now while waiting for an answer on whether I would be allowed to sell it. The price is not large because some repairs are needed and every week's rent I have to pay is eating into what I can expect to get back on it. At this point taking up the sole offer I've had to purchase the place is not a bad option at all - as long as I can get something legally binding put together.

I also think that you're making something of a snap judgement on someone for not wanting to take out a high interest personal loan, because it would be unsecured. Having spoken to the guy on several occasions and knowing his circumstances my gut feeling is he's a safe bet, but I want some assurance, hence my asking the question here.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Well you're not going to have any assurance really. You can contract for whatever you like, but if he cannot pay he cannot pay and your issue wont be that, it'll be getting him out of the van and all the issues that can come from the ie he hasn't paid full amount, does he get refund, foriet it leu of rent etc?

Nibbles! fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 16, 2014

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Your prime minister is loving retarded. He just gave us in the UK a lecture on how Scotland's independence is against freedom and justice, as if the Scottish were a bunch of a terrorists or something. He literally said those who voted for independence 'were not the friends of freedom and justice'. Christ.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Your prime minister is loving retarded. He just gave us in the UK a lecture on how Scotland's independence is against freedom and justice, as if the Scottish were a bunch of a terrorists or something. He literally said those who voted for independence 'were not the friends of freedom and justice'. Christ.

And that's just one day. Imagine having to put up with him for two more years.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

How do you think we feel? We've had Murdoch backing him to the hilt for four years in opposition and have to put up with him as PM for at least another two, most likely another five.

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...

adamantium|wang posted:

most likely another five.

Shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up :( :( :(

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I endorse this post.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

not happy with making gaffes at home, Abbott ventures abroad to prove he is Australia's leading dick head.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
It's weird how he was advertised as this, was elected, and now the public are horrified that he is exactly what they voted for.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
For context: He's a painfully outdated monarchist.

He actually reintroduced the Knights and Dames honour system earlier this year, to which everyone went 'da fuq?'. Including our last painfully monarchist conservative PM.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Sanguine posted:

For context: He's a painfully outdated monarchist.

He actually reintroduced the Knights and Dames honour system earlier this year, to which everyone went 'da fuq?'. Including our last painfully monarchist conservative PM.

And as a naturalized Australian Englishman. It couldn't be worse.

Pred1ct
Feb 20, 2004
Burninating
So I guess Insiders got a little heated or something.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
lol insiders is the worst

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Haters Objector posted:

lol insiders is the worst

Depends who's on. It improved ever so slightly when Bolt bolted but it's usually got at least one conservative shitwizard on it.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I thought it would take a little longer before they literally started comparing the size of their dicks, but here we are.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Hendo and Marr are a double-act, it's all bullshit. Both did their best to distract from Lenore Taylor's points.

Craig Emerson straight-out called Blot a racist on his own show. John Roskam was shocked! Qantas is bad because it is promoting anti-racism at the Governments expense oh noes.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
"1...2...3...4...I declare thumb war"

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Pred1ct posted:

So I guess Insiders got a little heated or something.

Ugh. Henderson AGAIN?

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin
Greens NSW just officially ratified the abolition of all state funding for non-government schools :D

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Quantum Mechanic posted:

Greens NSW just officially ratified the abolition of all state funding for non-government schools :D

Where would that leave private schools who charge low fees?

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

I can't see it working out too well.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-opinion/the-lessons-of-goulburn-resonate-in-schools-50-years-later-20120820-24ik2.html

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

gay picnic defence posted:

Who cares?

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

It would leave them offloading their students to government schools who will in turn attract increased funding due to higher enrollments. Then their students will receive a better education because the culture of the schools will change from "we're here because we're poor and not gifted enough for a selective school" to "our school is inclusive and I feel like the equal of people who are different from me" and progress will be made.

Abolish all private school funding. The churches have tax free status, that alone should be enough to run their schools.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Do they cater to a need that couldn't be satisfied by a public school? If you want something extra from a school, wouldn't it stand to reason that you should be paying more for it? If its just for the religious instruction, couldn't you just run a paid 'sunday school' instead?

Otherwise a low fee private school is just the same old GOVERNMENT WASTE argument used to privatise prisons, telstra, the post office, JSA's and Medicare Stores. If they're doing the same for less, someone is getting a raw deal out of it, and you can bet its not going to be the school administrators.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

hawaiian_robot posted:

Message from a mate down in Melbourne, his flatmate was instructed by Frances Abbott at Whitehouse:

quote:

Housemate told me that yesterday in class, Frances Abbott announced that she'll be leaving the Whitehouse. The official response: To get some industry experience.
The real answer: The staff and students hate her and forced her out.

Oh no, the poor dear. Only time will tell whether she is able to ease her suffering with a daddy funded trip to Europe until everyone forgets about this or instead falls straight into a marketing job somewhere paying a high six figures.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Victoria to introduce ten year mandatory sentences for "one punch kills" :allears:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Gough Suppressant posted:

Victoria to introduce ten year mandatory sentences for "one punch kills" :allears:

Victoria wants a slice of that hot QLD police state action

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
I wonder if anyone's asked them why it's worse to kill someone with one punch than it is to beat someone repeatedly until they are dead?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Splode posted:

Victoria wants a slice of that hot QLD police state action

Those laws are straight out of NSW, sadly.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Gough Suppressant posted:

I, for one, will now be thinking twice about punching a stranger in the back of the head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Implants
Feb 14, 2007

Fruity Gordo posted:

I wonder if anyone's asked them why it's worse to kill someone with one punch than it is to beat someone repeatedly until they are dead?

Farkin coward punches mate, least the other bloke gets a fighting chance in a straight up blue, right?

This is literally why.

• Locked thread