Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

You guys are adorable. You know, there is a league in Cyanide for you guys: It's called No Bash and it's very popular. I'm sure you guys will fit right in.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

random question, out of curiosity. What is your favorite/least favorite skills?

This may sound odd coming from me, but I dislike Piling On. I think it might be a little too good, but I also accept that high armor teams are very hard to break up without it, so maybe it's fine as it is. Still, I think PO should count as a Foul Action instead of simply rerolling armor. You could only use it once per turn, risk getting ejected, DP applies instead of MB (which serves to make MB less automatic as well), Claw applies for the block but not the foul, etc. It's really the only skill that I think needs a look, if not necessarily a change. There are better skills (Block) but those are just inextricably part of the game and you couldn't change them without changing everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Magnetic North posted:

You guys are adorable. You know, there is a league in Cyanide for you guys: It's called No Bash and it's very popular. I'm sure you guys will fit right in.

I think I have an ogre team in No Bash, I have no clue how they got in but I haven't play a game with them because gently caress the no bash league

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

GNU Order posted:

There are very few exclusive elf players these days. I'd say there's more exclusively Skaven players than there are elf players

Skaven are just furry elves with more disposable linemen :v:

NiknudStunod
May 2, 2009

RabidWeasel posted:

Skaven are just furry elves with more disposable linemen :v:

that also have access to claw.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Seems a little boring. Is there a league for people who like the full tactics game, but also aren't jerkin' it over stomping on a witch elf?

NiknudStunod
May 2, 2009
The OCC http://www.orca-cola.com/beta/index.php/page/index.html is probably the best run league out there. They have awards from the best in your division to how many successful fouls you have committed for the season. The only drawback is you need to play 1 game a week and a lot of their players are on gmt time.

Most of these guys are pretty flexible on time.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Sir Kodiak posted:

This is a silly argument, considering you're the guy who values the joy of fouling a video game elf over the experience of the human being you're playing against.

Have fun playing single player!

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

More seriously, this question came up in the cKnoor league I play in, and general consensus was that T16 fouling was lovely play unless it had tournament implications. So hasn't been too hard to find people looking for just a challenging match, without having to wonder if your opponent is playing the last turn one-handed.

edit: Every new justification for getting to see a video game character squeal just makes it seem weirder.

Sir Kodiak fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 16, 2014

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

T16 fouling is great because if the person gets mad, you made somebody get mad over a video game. If they don't get mad then you've found a cool person

NiknudStunod
May 2, 2009

GNU Order posted:

T16 fouling is great because if the person gets mad, you made somebody get mad over a video game. If they don't get mad then you've found a cool person

I also foul whenever I can but I only play in tournament leagues.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Coolguye posted:

e: Unless you're Yapo and all your SPP is on one norse thrower with a terrible name, so when he dies on the pitch it's a SAD DAY for you but a great one for everyone else.

My players have names?!? I should probably bother to learn them at some point.

Also bloaty as hell throwers are a tradition on my otherwise super spergy min max teams.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Magnetic North posted:

This may sound odd coming from me, but I dislike Piling On.

Yeah I agree. The claw-piling on-mighty blow combination is problematic, and piling on might be the key thing there. A fix could be as simple as saying that piling on doesn't combo with MB/Claw, e.g., you force that armor roll but it's a normal one when you're piling on.

Another option might be that claw doesn't combo with mighty blow, although I expect a lot more people would have a problem with that.

If PO were a special foul action, it'd have to be different from the other foul skills in some way that makes it interesting but not always better (or always worse).

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah I agree. The claw-piling on-mighty blow combination is problematic, and piling on might be the key thing there. A fix could be as simple as saying that piling on doesn't combo with MB/Claw, e.g., you force that armor roll but it's a normal one when you're piling on.

Another option might be that claw doesn't combo with mighty blow, although I expect a lot more people would have a problem with that.

If PO were a special foul action, it'd have to be different from the other foul skills in some way that makes it interesting but not always better (or always worse).

I like the idea of PO being like, +2 on a foul but puts you on the ground.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Sir Kodiak posted:

Seems a little boring.

:thejoke:

Did I mention you're adorable? I could just eat you up with a spoon.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

I love how there's literally nothing, up to and including how they play orc rugby, that people can't find a way to have a sense of machismo about.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Sir Kodiak posted:

I love how there's literally nothing, up to and including how they play orc rugby, that people can't find a way to whine incessantly about.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Yeah, that too. Some people really can't let go of being called a dick.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Gentlemen! There's no fighting here, save it for the pitch and those sweet sweet t16 fouls

E. Nesbit
Mar 18, 2009

Eat two dicks and call me in the morning.
I will t16 foul you irl.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

E. Nesbit posted:

I will t16 foul you irl.

lets see if you can after i claw pomb you bitch

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

I like the idea of Piling On because it gives bashy teams an option to hurt enemy players on purpose--I find pure bashy play less interesting than elfball or mixed teams because there's no high risk/high reward play, you just block efficiently and hope the armor and injury rolls go your way. The problem is that it breaks the risk/reward curve, so rather than making it harder to kill people with Piling On (lower reward) I'd rather see a chance for players to get injured/banned when Piling On (higher risk.)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I will elf (well, frog if possible) bullshit all over your prone forms.

edit - And if I'm doing it with frogs, half my team will be lying down anyway.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

Just FYI the traditional use case in Claw PoMB is to attack someone, leave your guy standing if you roll 5-, and pile on if you break armor and roll a stun. Piling on to reroll armor typically only happens after you're already a guy or two up and it doesn't really matter if you fail to break armor that much.

With stun being half of the injury rolls, PO makes it so if you knock someone down you have a 75% chance to send them off the pitch. And that's presuming you rolled 6 and had to use MB to break armor.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

The real blood bowl players know what's up.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Magnetic North posted:

The real blood bowl players know what's up.

Nuffle hate us, every one.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Magnetic North posted:

real blood bowl players

Yea,

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
My opponent after my first Blood Bowl game ever

(I still lost)

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Aug 17, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My new necro team's first match.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Take a swing at a goblin ball and chain with one dice. Score a Defender Down, and get a dead goblin.

Oh Tomb Guardians you never let me down :unsmith:

NiknudStunod
May 2, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

Take a swing at a goblin ball and chain with one dice. Score a Defender Down, and get a dead goblin.

Oh Tomb Guardians you never let me down :unsmith:

Wait for your first time when you fail a regeneration roll and the only tomb guardian you had that rolled block dies. The only time I almost cried in blood bowl. gently caress you decay.

NiknudStunod fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Aug 17, 2014

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Coolguye posted:

lets see if you can after i claw pomb you bitch

22man IRL Blood Bowl LARPing session, let's make it happen

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

GNU Order posted:

22man IRL Blood Bowl LARPing session, let's make it happen
24. Two people coach from atop lifeguard chairs.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

JT Jag posted:

24. Two people coach from atop lifeguard chairs.

I knew this dead cheerleader halloween costume was a good investment.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
what about the ref

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Also gonna need several people for the audience. Someone's gotta throw rocks, riot, and beat the crap out of anyone that's pushed out of bounds.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
What about Jim & Bob?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
hey there bob

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

That reminds me of the time I took griff to bits in the 91 final against reikland

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

lenoon posted:

That reminds me of the time I took griff to bits in the 91 final against reikland

HO OH YEAH. You kneecapped him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

What the hell is this?

what am I supposed to do with a defensive setup like this?

A: Fireball :getin:

• Locked thread