Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decayed
Dec 30, 2004

Shang-a-lang
Fun Shoe
Just got polled on the Sale of Medibank. Most of the questions were all around whether I would invest in the IPO and what things I would like to see as incentives to pre-register for the IPO.

No questions around actually supporting the sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Sounds about right. QLD had their own survey and even on their rigged terms, they went welp going to ignore all that. :allears:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Gough Suppressant posted:

Victoria to introduce ten year mandatory sentences for "one punch kills" :allears:

Labor responds with 20 year mandatory sentences, calls Liberals "soft on crime"

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Next up

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
So the moral is if you do leap on a stranger get in a fight, get at least 2 punches in. 3 to be safe. Oh, and film it? Better safe than sorry!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Roses are red
Violets are blue
One punch can kill
But so can two.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Victoria to introduce ten year mandatory sentences for "one punch kills" :allears:
One punch kill a person - 10 years

Threaten your wife/girlfriend/children with violence or actually be violent against them - a slap on the wrist

Of course there are so many cases of one punch kills compared to domestic violence in the community, I am glad the government has its priorities right :allears:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
A while back I wondered how long till they merged the gun-wielding police academy dropouts with ticket inspectors.

Turns out it's happened already. Just saw two PSOs pull a guy up and write him a fine when he didn't touch off at a non-turnstiles station.

Sisgmund
Jan 31, 2006

A while back I wondered how long till they merged the gun-wielding police academy dropouts with ticket inspectors.

Turns out it's happened already. Just saw two PSOs pull a guy up and write him a fine when he didn't touch off at a non-turnstiles station.

Why the gently caress would you write up someone for not touching off? It just charges you the max amount the next day if you don't.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Sisgmund posted:

Why the gently caress would you write up someone for not touching off? It just charges you the max amount the next day if you don't.

Because if you didn't tap on at the start, it doesn't charge you for the journey at all.

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Sisgmund posted:

Because now the government gets the maximum fare AND a big fine.

gently caress anyone who says the public sector isn't efficient.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Sisgmund posted:

Him not touching off was what tipped them off to him possibly not having a myki with him.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Mandatory laws just end up been a tool for the DDP anyway, it ends up anyone involved pleading guilty for a lessor offence rather then take the risk and not getting their day in court if there were facts for dispute.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Nibbles! posted:

Mandatory laws just end up been a tool for the DDP anyway, it ends up anyone involved pleading guilty for a lessor offence rather then take the risk and not getting their day in court if there were facts for dispute.

The one hit punch mandatories are tied into manslaughter too.

Just say you meant to kill the bastard and you're a better chance of getting off lightly.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

wow. DPP's have discretion anyway, I guess the only hope is that they only use it where absolutely appropriate

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So... it's a good thing? Or is it bad? Tell me poorly constructed jpg.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

I want to plant a mosque. I wonder how often it needs to be watered and fed.

But also, which laws have they imported into Australia? Must be a pretty long list if people are that bent out of shape! :allears:
Which Islamic culture have they imported? I'm really into Indonesian food and gamelan orchestras so I hope it's that :D

The Before Times fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Aug 17, 2014

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I'm just impressed they went to the effort to localise spelling and even find an appropriate picture for the left, but they left the Ground Zero WTC thing in. Couldn't find an appropriate picture of Bendigo?

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
Wasn't that mosque not even remotely near GZ anyway?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Beetfauxnen posted:

I'm just impressed they went to the effort to localise spelling and even find an appropriate picture for the left, but they left the Ground Zero WTC thing in. Couldn't find an appropriate picture of Bendigo?

These people just take no pride in their work

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Jumpingmanjim posted:

These people just take no pride in their work

They probably never bothered to look up a translation of the Adhan/Azan. Basically it's all about how cool God and Muhammad are, with a side note that it's time to pray.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Some of the comments on that "How to Talk Australians" video are class:

quote:

There humor isn't even funny, but simply disrespectful. Not only is it an over exaggerated interpretation of tradition Australian vernacular but has been falsified. Whether this is intentionally done or not, there's a limit to how far you take it.

quote:

I'm wondering about them whining about "racism" so much while they are being racist?

:lol:

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Are there any NSW Greens goons posting in this thread? A friend of mine is moving to Sydney and wants to get involved.

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

NORTH KOREA IS ONLY KOREA.

Those On My Left posted:

Are there any NSW Greens goons posting in this thread? A friend of mine is moving to Sydney and wants to get involved.

Quantum Mechanic is a candidate for the upcoming state election.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

Those On My Left posted:

Yo

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

e: nm

Those On My Left fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Aug 17, 2014

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Adnar posted:

Some of the comments on that "How to Talk Australians" video are class:

:lol:

I forget who it was, one of the Fear of a Brown Planet guys, but they were talking about gigs and how everyone's laughing at the brown jokes, everyone's laughing at the Muslim jokes and then when the white jokes come it all dies down a bit and sounds nervous.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nibbles! posted:

I forget who it was, one of the Fear of a Brown Planet guys, but they were talking about gigs and how everyone's laughing at the brown jokes, everyone's laughing at the Muslim jokes and then when the white jokes come it all dies down a bit and sounds nervous.

People walk out too. Split their sides laughing at the Indian call centre jokes though.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

SadisTech posted:

Can't put a tenant in. It's exclusively owner occupied, people own the structures on the sites and pay rent to the park. What I'm selling is the structures. It isn't a real estate sale. Additionally, residents of the park have to be approved by management before they can make a purchase so there's no way to slip someone in under the radar. I've been paying rent on the thing for almost 3 months now while waiting for an answer on whether I would be allowed to sell it. The price is not large because some repairs are needed and every week's rent I have to pay is eating into what I can expect to get back on it. At this point taking up the sole offer I've had to purchase the place is not a bad option at all - as long as I can get something legally binding put together.

I also think that you're making something of a snap judgement on someone for not wanting to take out a high interest personal loan, because it would be unsecured. Having spoken to the guy on several occasions and knowing his circumstances my gut feeling is he's a safe bet, but I want some assurance, hence my asking the question here.

Ahh - I thought this would be more like a real estate sale. If the structures that he would be buying are not able to be used as collateral for a loan then that would explain why he can't get finance for it and makes the deal look much less dodgy.

I'd still be hesitant about it, but it no longer sound like you should run screaming.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

lol abbottsgonnawin

Those On My Left posted:

can you please drop me a line at derp ? :)

Done!

Quantum Mechanic fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Aug 17, 2014

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Nibbles! posted:

I forget who it was, one of the Fear of a Brown Planet guys

Problematic.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I love this stuff, because underneath it all there's a basic fear that the rest of the world will reciprocate the treatment they've suffered at the hands of Europeans for centuries.

Do unto others, etc.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

lol abbottsgonnawin
McCloy is gone.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Quantum Mechanic posted:

McCloy is gone.

!

gently caress yeah.

hawaiian_robot
Dec 5, 2006

And I'm happy just to sit here,
At a table with old friends.
And see which one of us can tell the biggest lies

Quantum Mechanic posted:

McCloy is gone.

Excellent news, totally made my weekend.

Nuclear Spy
Jun 10, 2008

feeling under?
Poll taken two weeks ago, I wonder how much worse it would be now:

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
So, who wants to guess at the next Liberal leader? Turnbull doesn't have support, Bernardi is too crazy but might plausibly take the position (although, Senator). Newscorp have been writing Bishop puff pieces about her mangling her lizard features into approximations of sadness re: MH17 dead kids, so that might be a hint.

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...

Murodese posted:

So, who wants to guess at the next Liberal leader? Turnbull doesn't have support, Bernardi is too crazy but might plausibly take the position (although, Senator). Newscorp have been writing Bishop puff pieces about her mangling her lizard features into approximations of sadness re: MH17 dead kids, so that might be a hint.

Julie Asbestos Bishop is too dead inside for it to work, if you've ever been in her presence there's definitely a chill about.

e. I remember not too long ago when the turnbull leadership challenge poo poo was going on, some poll had Julie Bishop as 1% favourite for the leadership.

Ler fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Aug 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Murodese posted:

So, who wants to guess at the next Liberal leader?

If forcing Howard out of retirement at gun point isn't an option Julia Bishop or Turnbull do seem the likely choices.
Bishop seems to have much more support from the right, but if the polls get bad enough I could see them going with Turnbull basically just becasue of how much distance he's been trying to make between himself and Abott since the election. Try and get as clean a slate as possible.

• Locked thread