Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Astro7x posted:

How are you guys so into this card game? I gave it a try and got bored with it after an hour.

cause we're fuckin nerds and love big numbers beating smaller numbers. with wrestlers faces on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Well I just won my 1000th game. I think I need to take a break.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

how DO you change the title of a thread you started? Is that an admin-only permission?

I need every avenue at my disposal to mock you people and myself

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

how DO you change the title of a thread you started? Is that an admin-only permission?

Ask Hulkamatt

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Basic Chunnel posted:

I think you gotta ask Hulkamatt.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

OK I changed it!!!

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
MY GAWD! HULKAMATT HAS SLAMMED NIENNUNB THROUGH THE CARD TABLE! WHO'S SIDE IS HE ON, ANYWAYS!?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Astro7x posted:

How are you guys so into this card game? I gave it a try and got bored with it after an hour.

You're thinking too hard, just casually play and hit buttons while you browse the forums. Or eat. Or rocking the kid to sleep.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

HulkaMatt posted:

OK I changed it!!!
Marvelous

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!
I can't stop playing this horribly stupid game I initially called shovelware.

My lineup:

Alberto Del Rio - Super Rare Pro, level 12
Mark Henry - Super Rare, maxed
John Cena - Rare Pro, level 12 (stupid me I combined without knowing I should max first so he's junk)
Hulk Hogan - Rare, Level 13
Natalya - Rare, Level 13

One thing I've figured out is level up your divas... since they account for an entire possible match slot and are a small minority of the total card pool, they're hard to come by so use what you've got.

I spent a long portion of the early game with an AJ Lee common pro and was getting destroyed by rare Eva Maries every match. Then finally got an uncommon Summer Rae and got destroyed...slightly less frequently.

Holy poo poo, I am a nerd.

Also... max before combining!

Edit: after reading some of the previous posts, my team is pitiful :(
Mr McMahon is kind of OP, no?

RudoReels fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Aug 17, 2014

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

Snacksmaniac posted:

After an eternity I got second on kotr.
Two rare Jey Usos :ughh:

I got two Jimmy Usos... lol

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
How do you Pro a card?
Combime two that are levelled up in the same bracket?
Got to say doing well with rare AJ, Y2J, Cena and Justin Gabriel and a super rare ADR.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Seems like SR Del Rio is really common, I've got one too.
I'm 445-59. My w/l ratio was a lot better but I started playing people with the most wins because I think it gives you better rewards. I don't know if that's actually true but it feels like i'm getting more uncommons than I was before.

I think my favourite part of this game is how they rank guys. Jimmy Uso is not only worse than Jey, but also worse than half the divas. Erick Rowan has a legendary card but Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper don't. Nothing makes sense :confused:.

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

Stanfield posted:

Seems like SR Del Rio is really common, I've got one too.
I'm 445-59. My w/l ratio was a lot better but I started playing people with the most wins because I think it gives you better rewards. I don't know if that's actually true but it feels like i'm getting more uncommons than I was before.

I think my favourite part of this game is how they rank guys. Jimmy Uso is not only worse than Jey, but also worse than half the divas. Erick Rowan has a legendary card but Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper don't. Nothing makes sense :confused:.

I'll take it though (Del Rio). He's kind of a monster leveled up. Then again, so is anyone...... EXCEPT FOR JIMMY USO

The game is great but the actual distribution of the cards doesn't seem well-thought-out at all.

Also... KOTR finals... 2 rares + 1 UC versus 2 rares. Who cares about winning, just get to the finals and go to bed.

Also

:argh:

RudoReels fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Aug 17, 2014

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mr. McMahon is pretty overpowered compared with other cards in his category. Also, once I got my SR Mr. McMahon I fed him a bunch of Dusty Rhodeses, which felt deliciously appropriate.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

The only Dusty Rhodes I've seen so far is a Common, which is appropriate. He's just a common man.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

so if I have two of the same rare card, should I level both all the way before combining? or just level one all the way?

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Both. A pro made from two max cards is better than a regular card of the next tier.

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

The Legendary tier must be nauseating if you are still getting rares, ultra rares, etc and resetting the board... ah man. Not to mention all the commons/uncommons, obviously.

Kind of curious of how it plays out in that regard. Combined with people who have bought high tier cards, eventually it's just going to be a rarely-win scenario against more and more people you match with, I'd think.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

vinnie mac has decent charisma but he seems behind the curve everywhere else, I have one and I don't even run him because Eddie Guerrero is so drat good and they use the same slot.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I've only got one super rare and it's Naomi. It's nice and all but I really need a regular wrestler one since I've maxed my top ones and can't improve anymore.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Thanks to you jerkbags talking about it, I picked up the game too. Eventually pulled down a super-rare Del Rio, which was pretty cool. Too bad I got it after I'd joined a KotR, but before it had actually started. (Rest of my team is uncommon Eva Marie, rare Bray Wyatt and Daniel Bryan, and my opening rare draw--Hulk Hogan.)

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Of course I wake up 2 minutes after my quarter final game 2 begins, so I'm 0-2 and dead before I have a chance to swap out/recharge guys. 2 Days of game time well spent, ugh

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The variance in cards of the same tier is kinda rough.

Rare Luke Harper at level 15 had lower stats than rare Hogan at level 10.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Luke Harper is the weaker half of a tag team that has proven itself to not be the strongest. Hulk Hogan is Hulk Hogan.

This game is making me really miss Raw Deal.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I just love some of the stat choices they made, especially with the commons. For instance, did you know Randy Orton is more charismatic than The American Dream Dusty Rhodes? It came as a surprise to me!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

After seeing people talking about it on twitter I finally downloaded this card game and oh god I can't stop. So what's the "optimal" way to level up cards? Max them before pro-ing them? Do I need to max both of them for the best results?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

IcePhoenix posted:

After seeing people talking about it on twitter I finally downloaded this card game and oh god I can't stop. So what's the "optimal" way to level up cards? Max them before pro-ing them? Do I need to max both of them for the best results?

Yes and yes!

The nice thing is that the pro version has 20% higher stats than the previous cards, AND starts fresh at level 0 out of whatever. (the level cap is higher, also). So those first 5 levels are so are really quick to get, and they get powerful quickly.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chinook posted:

Yes and yes!

The nice thing is that the pro version has 20% higher stats than the previous cards, AND starts fresh at level 0 out of whatever. (the level cap is higher, also). So those first 5 levels are so are really quick to get, and they get powerful quickly.

So when you combine two cards to get the pro version it bases the new one on the current stats of both cards, then? Sounds good, time to grind :shepface:

Also I got a super rare Undertaker after my first game at the super rare tier so that was pretty nice :toot:

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
So how do rares / SRs appear? Are we only limited to one per tier, or is it just a tiny chance of getting SRs. I've seen people with 2, maybe 3? Are these people just lucky or is there something else going on?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

simosimo posted:

So how do rares / SRs appear? Are we only limited to one per tier, or is it just a tiny chance of getting SRs. I've seen people with 2, maybe 3? Are these people just lucky or is there something else going on?

I've got SR's on a random basis. I have Andre and Vince so far.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've been Super Rare Tier for a while, but the only SR I've gotten is a 2x4.

However, I just maxed out two Rare AJs and have a pro rare AJ now.

This is the absolute worst time for this game to happen because I have to pack for a cross country move and I have to fight my addiction.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
I just scored my first Super Rare (AJ) with POW 94 TGH 96 SPD 109 CHA 111 (and a special ability for +20 SPD)

Eva Marie's going down!

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

simosimo posted:

There are 6 tiers of cards. Common, Uncommon, Rare, Super Rare, Epic, Legendary. I think that's it, anyway.

There are more "ranks" for your "hand" (roster?) that you use in Exhibition mode. Notice that if you swap in weaker cards, you might drop down lower. The current rank of your hand determines who you will be matched against, and what drops might fill your "rare" slot on the board. Initially you get Rare (the first "rank"), and it goes up from there.

Super Rare cards can drop once you hit the Super Rare rank, but at a low likelihood. After ranking up to Super Rare+, you'll (supposedly) be fighting harder folks, but also (supposedly) have a higher chance at getting a Super Rare card. Super Rare ++ rank follows that, and then Ultra Rare?/Epic, I guess... I forget the exact order.

One other thing I've noticed is that the Exhibition Rank seems to be based on the total number of stat points in your hand/roster, and nothing else. If I switched out a Green Natalya with 400 points and put in a Rare AJ Lee in with 350 total, my rank drops.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Perigryn posted:

I just scored my first Super Rare (AJ) with POW 94 TGH 96 SPD 109 CHA 111 (and a special ability for +20 SPD)

Eva Marie's going down!

You are very lucky! Getting anything better than an uncommon Diva is like finding a gem in a pile of poo poo when not looking for a gem.

I just ended up totally maxing 2 UC Natalyas and combining, and that wins more than it loses. I hate to say it, but I think they should add an option to the pay-store for a rare Diva, Super Rare Diva, etc... they would make money.

(ps- Yeah, I'm getting fairly sick of Eva Marie too)

I might make a thread about this game tomorrow if there's enough interest. I have a feeling that there are certain (sane) people who would rather talk about the game they are going to be disappointed by in October, or min-maxing and editing xml files in TEW, instead of hearing about a glorified MLB Pro Slam P2W shitfest like Supercard. :)

In the meantime, if someone wants to make it, go ahead, and I'll try to compile some basic rules and pics that they can edit in.

Chinook fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 17, 2014

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
And now a Super Rare Second Wind card (+9 To All Stats)

Coffee Wolf
Oct 12, 2007

Mmmmm Banana
I notice the special ability doesn't always kick in, it seems random. Or am I doing something wrong, because I probably would be the one to gently caress up in a card game.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I have Super Rare Cesaro/Hogan/Big Show/Del Rio and Pro Rare Natalya and I'm doing pretty okay. I can't figure out how to get anything higher than Super Rare without giving them money or doing King of the Ring, which I hate and takes forever.

Coffee Wolf posted:

I notice the special ability doesn't always kick in, it seems random. Or am I doing something wrong, because I probably would be the one to gently caress up in a card game.

It's random.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

King of the Ring seems sort of like a sign up and forget thing. And if you pay attention to it even a little bit, at least at lower levels, you're probably nearly guaranteed to finish like top four, since most people probably won't bother to sub their guys in and out. I signed up for one last night and lost almost every match that happened when I was asleep, then I swapped my rested guys in and even though they aren't very good am undefeated today to crawl back into the top eight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

^^ this is correct. if you're also grinding out exhibitions and getting a bunch of energy boosts you don't even need to sub, just use them and it's easy cardz