Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Are there any Makai Kingdom characters in D4V?

Zetta and Pram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

Zetta and Pram.

And it's not Book Zetta either. In fact, Zetta is carrying a Yoshitsuna, so you might want to restart the level until it's a legendary one for you to steal.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

Zetta and Pram.

Don't forget Petta as well.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I was missing quick scrolling in the window in D4V (I think right and left jumped by page on PS3 but now it just goes between the warehouse and main menu)

If you use the touch screen you can scroll stupid fast, that is REALLY nice. I still think I should be able to jump 10 things at a time quickly with button but hopefully this saves someone some time.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

pixaal posted:

I was missing quick scrolling in the window in D4V (I think right and left jumped by page on PS3 but now it just goes between the warehouse and main menu)

If you use the touch screen you can scroll stupid fast, that is REALLY nice. I still think I should be able to jump 10 things at a time quickly with button but hopefully this saves someone some time.

You need to tap in the upper right or left corners. It's annoying yeah.

Btw I'm in chapter 4:

Maybe I should go to the cheat shop and adjust the difficulty :v:

Literally the first thing I stole in this game was an accelerator.

Edit: this is doable without cheats or anything from the minute the item world opens. You have to be a bit insane though

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Eh, Disgaea and other NIS games are always about learning how to break the game, because if you don't, the game breaks you. Enemy difficulty starts to spike by a lot especially if you get into the bonus material after the story is over.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Hunter Noventa posted:

And it's not Book Zetta either. In fact, Zetta is carrying a Yoshitsuna, so you might want to restart the level until it's a legendary one for you to steal.

Wow, really? It feels like every time Zetta gets into a game as a cameo, it's him as a Book. It's great to hear it is different this time.

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
Do you miss out on anything in D4V by not having save data from D3V? I haven't played a Disgaea game since 2, but it's really scratching an itch I didn't know needed to be scratched.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Mr. Trampoline posted:

Do you miss out on anything in D4V by not having save data from D3V? I haven't played a Disgaea game since 2, but it's really scratching an itch I didn't know needed to be scratched.

You miss out on 2 characters that were in D3V.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Wow, really? It feels like every time Zetta gets into a game as a cameo, it's him as a Book. It's great to hear it is different this time.

Yup. He's a post game story fight and he's one of the hardest fights in the game so gotta be ready for that.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Dear NIS please re-re-release makai kingdom for the vita so I can check out all the sweet stuff that was in the psp version, thanks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It'll happen right after they finish and release Makai Wars.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

It'll happen right after they finish and release Makai Wars.

Hell, throw in Soul Nomad Vita and we got a box set ready to go.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Hell, throw in Soul Nomad Vita and we got a box set ready to go.

I would pay entirely too much money for Soul Nomad on the Vita. Even just a quick and dirty PSN port. I love that game so goddamn much.

Dio as DLC in a future Disgaea would also be acceptable.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

There are Peta spells now above Tera spells in D4 Vita. They cost 30000 mana to start and are SS-Damage class. That's pretty insane. I'm starting chapter 7, and this is my first time playing D4. I loved the Chap 6 finale with the 25 Axels lining the battlefield like Agent Smith in the Matrix. Game is cool.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

You need to tap in the upper right or left corners. It's annoying yeah.

Oh I didn't know about the corners that's useful. You can scroll like you are using a tablet or phone where a picture appears on items with a model (non first weapons only?). You can use it to zip from 1 to 200 in the warehouse pretty quick.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm like... level 120+ in chapter 4 thanks to item world and getting progressively more and more annoyed at how little mana I'm getting.

Changed my starting cleric into a green mage "I'll get her some magic then change her back!". I still need Tera magic and it's just such a slooog.

I did take a break to do the new campaign though, it was surprisinglyH nice despite the few oddH typos with the letter H. Nagi is great.

Mr.Dr.Jr.
Nov 11, 2013
I know that I shouldn't like generics this much, but I LOVE the Necromancer!
Zombies + Awesome healing ability

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm like... level 120+ in chapter 4 thanks to item world and getting progressively more and more annoyed at how little mana I'm getting.

Changed my starting cleric into a green mage "I'll get her some magic then change her back!". I still need Tera magic and it's just such a slooog.

I did take a break to do the new campaign though, it was surprisinglyH nice despite the few oddH typos with the letter H. Nagi is great.

The best way i found for getting mana is having Val with magichanged Desco murder 4-2 (the hallway with all the ninjas) repeatedly. I used that to get chara world opened and was able to go from reincarnation to level 40 with ~1100 mana in 2 trips, using the cheat shop to beef enemies up for the second trip.

Also goddamn, the original base is laid out so annoyingly that i will have to make a custom one to cut down on travelling around between missions.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Meant more like on my mages and stuff, Val has more mana then he knows what to deal with, mages on the otherhand it takes like... forever.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Meant more like on my mages and stuff, Val has more mana then he knows what to deal with, mages on the otherhand it takes like... forever.

I just put them on the mana sharing evil symbol and have Val murder a map. Since they get 50%, that's a ton, especially if you leave them there for a map or two.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Once you get where you can run Map 5-2 dependably, that gives 800 Mana per enemy group at enemy level 3. That's how I got my Skull up to Tera Fire, and also level 163. Both are handy to have. I was also able to get Desco and a Nekomata up to 100 or so through fused True Godly Weapon. Desco is cool.

E: Just noticed that unlike D3 Vita and DD2, they don't have name cards on the Omega/Tera/Peta elemental spell summons. I liked those.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Aug 18, 2014

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

projecthalaxy posted:

Once you get where you can run Map 5-2 dependably, that gives 800 Mana per enemy group at enemy level 3,

5-2 also gets you level 99 enemies at 8 stars - bonus XP for low-mid-level grinding, plus there's two easily reachable EXP+50% blocks to throw onto the geopanels. There's another two in the back of the map, but it's faster to just ignore them.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

ZZT the Fifth posted:

5-2 also gets you level 99 enemies at 8 stars
Does Disgaea 4 still have this thing where it's useless to grind on enemies between level 100 and 300?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

ZZT the Fifth posted:

5-2 also gets you level 99 enemies at 8 stars - bonus XP for low-mid-level grinding, plus there's two easily reachable EXP+50% blocks to throw onto the geopanels. There's another two in the back of the map, but it's faster to just ignore them.

If you throw the yellow (bottom right) Geo Block onto the main field and destroy it, the main field is EXP+150%

And yes, level 99 gives the same XP as level 300 enemies.

E: Holy balls, one of the Ten Overlords (the Skeletal Dragon) in my game is named NObama. That's incredible.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Aug 18, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just give us the port already, having them exclaim stuff like this is just silly

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

I see they're using low-res sprites for humor?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Mithaldu posted:

I see they're using low-res sprites for humor?

Gag from the original. Everyones HD but Asagi because her HD sprite was delayed (like everything else). You can pass a bill to make her HD though (it acts as a entirely different character)

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just give us the port already, having them exclaim stuff like this is just silly

Gives a different meaning to "Peta level spells" eh.
Not really but I just had to say that. So what's her deal again?

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

ZZT the Fifth posted:

5-2 also gets you level 99 enemies at 8 stars -

Running 5-2 this way will incidentally get you easily high enough to take on Mt. Ordeals, bringing you well into the postgame grinding. Be warned that if you do this you've destroyed any possibility of a challenge in the main campaign (but c'mon, who cares, get dem numbas big!)

Incidentally, throwing Gig into the Dual Dojo is absolutely amazing. Magichange in general is great in this one. I'm currently around level 2000 on my useful characters from Mt. Ordeals with cheat chop at max stronger enemies, and I haven't even touched item world beyond the obligatory level 10 item and collecting some Managers after enforcing them together.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Bussamove posted:

I would pay entirely too much money for Soul Nomad on the Vita. Even just a quick and dirty PSN port. I love that game so goddamn much.

Dio as DLC in a future Disgaea would also be acceptable.

I would be content with Revya coming back since she was pretty cool in D3 anyways.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011

HGH posted:

Gives a different meaning to "Peta level spells" eh.
Not really but I just had to say that. So what's her deal again?

Petta is Zetta and Salomes' daughter from the future.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Dj Meow Mix posted:

I would be content with Revya coming back since she was pretty cool in D3 anyways.

Funnily enough I've been magichanging Gig onto Stella with impressive results.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Fusing Priere onto Desco is really good too. She has higher stats at 70 than my Nekomata has at 115. She also magichanges as an axe, I think.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Heh.

"If it were up to me, I'd much rather have him than this lass." -Fenrich referring to Gig and Fuka, during the World Eater Pirate Ship Gift.

Me too, Fenny. Me, too.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
Just ordered a vita to play this. Couldn't find one on base here in Korea and was scared to buy one downtown and have it be region locked. If I downloaded the game here, would I be able to get the NA version, or am I screwed and need to order a physical copy?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Am I terrible for playing a lot of NIS games but never Makai Kingdom? Should I go do that? For reference, Soul Nomad was my favorite NIS game. Disgaea is usually middle of the road for me as it's really hard for me to do post game content in Disgaea because at first feels great and then there's a gulf of nothingness for me until the next cool milestone.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

smertrioslol posted:

Just ordered a vita to play this. Couldn't find one on base here in Korea and was scared to buy one downtown and have it be region locked. If I downloaded the game here, would I be able to get the NA version, or am I screwed and need to order a physical copy?

Just for the record, the Vita isn't region-locked. It is, however, account-locked, in that without performing a factory reset you can't swap accounts on your Vita. As such, the Vita is (in a sense) locked to whatever region your account is from.

As long as your main account is an NA account and you have some way of paying the NA PSN, you can get the NA version of D4V (or any other game on the NA PSN store) digitally if you want. Just as an aside: since the Vita isn't region locked, you can technically play physical copies of games regardless of their region of origin, but you won't be able to buy DLC for it if the game's from a different region than your PSN account.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Am I terrible for playing a lot of NIS games but never Makai Kingdom? Should I go do that? For reference, Soul Nomad was my favorite NIS game. Disgaea is usually middle of the road for me as it's really hard for me to do post game content in Disgaea because at first feels great and then there's a gulf of nothingness for me until the next cool milestone.

Makai Kingdom was okay, I wasn't a fan of the radius-based movement and stuff, but I wish a lot of the stuff from it would make it to the rest of the games, so many different classes and weapons, even if most of the weapons were just pallet swaps, I miss bazookas and beam sabers and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I liked Makai Kingdom's use of vehicles. Nowadays, they are only for reverse pirating. Let me take the Laharl Mech into a regular map!

• Locked thread