Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Uh your teams not great for a 10 team league. Why take two TEs in first 3 rounds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zypher posted:

Uh your teams not great for a 10 team league. Why take two TEs in first 3 rounds?

Because Gronk is essentially a WR1 when healthy and I can slot him in the flex. I probably could have improved things by taking Zac Stacy along with him and then picking up Michael Floyd as my WR2, but I wanted to try a 0RB approach and see how it turned out. I'm actually fairly pleased with the end result.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zypher posted:

And he has Richardson!

Dressed for success

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Crunkjuice posted:

If picking at 9, a lot of mock drafts have been giving me demarco murray and dez bryant in the second. I'm a goddamn huge cowboys fan but i'm a little wary of our team for obvious reasons. I know the qb/wr tandem is boom or bust but what about same team rb/wr tandem?

VVV 12 team

QB/WR tandems do slightly better than non-tandems, over the long run.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Probably safer to go Graham in the 1st then hope one of Mega/Demaryius/Dez drops in the 2nd rather than getting Mega first then hopping Graham drops.

More of my mocks have Megatron going before Graham. I pick 8th out of 10 and have been landing Megatron + Graham in a a good chunk of those mocks. I'm on the fence on who to take first.

Deer_fire
Jul 30, 2003

Suave Fedora posted:

More of my mocks have Megatron going before Graham. I pick 8th out of 10 and have been landing Megatron + Graham in a a good chunk of those mocks. I'm on the fence on who to take first.

I don't think any of my mocks have seen Megatron drop to 8, much less Graham drop to 13.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Deer_fire posted:

I don't think any of my mocks have seen Megatron drop to 8, much less Graham drop to 13.

Yeah I wouldn't count on that. Frankly I was shocked when Graham landed to me at the 10, and that was with my family's propensity for some really odd players.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I love drafting with my family. I was #10. 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1FLX/1PK/1DST, half PPR.

I can't be the only one thinking if you didn't draft the worst team then the next to worst team.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Wow, I really didn't expect a response this negative. Solid WR1 and WR2, elite TE1, high upside flex with Gronk, and a solid QBBC with Foles and Romo. Obviously my RBs are the weakest part here, but I feel that's more than offset by the strength of the other positions.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Wow, I really didn't expect a response this negative. Solid WR1 and WR2, elite TE1, high upside flex with Gronk, and a solid QBBC with Foles and Romo. Obviously my RBs are the weakest part here, but I feel that's more than offset by the strength of the other positions.

Your team is fine. If Gordon gets off the hook you will have 2 top 5 wrs, the top te, and the best flex if gronk stays healthy. Sankey and Gerhart will score enough to not lose you games. If your risks pan out for you then you will steamroll your league, and if not you can still rebound with trades/waivers to build a competitive team.

Papes fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Aug 17, 2014

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I don't like Andre Johnson this year and Gronk is running with a limp. At least he isn't your starting TE. I'm ok with being weak at RB if WR and TE are strong, but opportunities were missed. I would have taken Cobb. Your depth is very good but I feel you are one depth WR pick away from a problem down the stretch as the older WRs get banged up and start missing time. You need a Terrence Williams, Golden Tate, or Baby Hawk-type WR3.

Team Drunk Uncles is who I'd put money on. He drafted well top to bottom.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Great WR1 and TE1, a huge reach at WR2 (old, semi-hold out, bad offense, 5th round ADP), a low end RB2 with minimum upside, another low end RB2 that might be stuck in a committee, and a decent QB.

Not exactly what you'd expect when bragging about owning a family draft.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
This is just like every year, I've been looking at Hunter, Ertz, and Gordon scoops since like June and now their ADPs are going to shoot into the 9th three days before our draft :(

Edit: Pead might have wrecked his ACL, +carries for Stacy

Harold Cooplowski fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 17, 2014

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Potentially I actually think you've got the 2nd or 3rd best team (I like the #1 & maybe #2 team above yours) but you're REALLY going for broke on your strategy. I guess I'd like to see a bit more WR depth given Johnson and Jackson are going into the season with different/worse QBs throwing to them.

Big ups to the team that locked up their K & D/ST before WR3.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zypher posted:

Great WR1 and TE1, a huge reach at WR2 (old, semi-hold out, bad offense, 5th round ADP), a low end RB2 with minimum upside, another low end RB2 that might be stuck in a committee, and a decent QB.

Not exactly what you'd expect when bragging about owning a family draft.

FantasyPros has AJ80 as WR12 with an ADP in the early 4th for half PPR. I would love to know where you see him as a reach for WR2 or consider him a 5th rounder.

As for Cobb, I am not high on him and would prefer AJ80 or VJax.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

FantasyPros has AJ80 as WR12 with an ADP in the early 4th for half PPR. I would love to know where you see him as a reach for WR2 or consider him a 5th rounder.

I would take Cobb over both of those. Vjax is boom bust. Johnson has age against him, and doesn't have Aaron Rodgers throwing his way.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Re: ESPN draft settings. If draft pick trading is enabled and the draft order is set on manual does that allow me to trade /swap individual picks or does it only allow me to swap my draft position?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Yes!! I got 1st pick in my $100 ten man league! Drafting Shady All.drat.Day.

2nd and 3rd round I'm worried about, however..

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

89 posted:

I love Shady, but I think the better value is 3rd pick this year since getting AP is also awesome and you might be able to grab a Gio.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Fantasy football calculator has him at 5.05 with no PPR and 4.09 with 1pt PPR in 10 man leagues.

E: if you don't like Cobb, IMO Keenan Allen is the guy to grab there. Or Vjax or Cruz.

Zypher fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Aug 17, 2014

a nigga who smoke
Feb 26, 2007

coughin' and chokin' constantly

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I love drafting with my family. I was #10. 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1FLX/1PK/1DST, half PPR.

I don't hate your team but I will say that team #6 looks drat handsome for a .5 PPR.

Also I would hate to pile on to your ever-growing fantasy workload but if you could find it in your heart to create a 12 team, .5 PPR, 4 PaTD sheet I'd have to say that I would find your visage even more aesthetically pleasing than that of team #6.

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I suddenly have a lot less faith in beer sheets

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

a nigga who smoke posted:

I don't hate your team but I will say that team #6 looks drat handsome for a .5 PPR.

Also I would hate to pile on to your ever-growing fantasy workload but if you could find it in your heart to create a 12 team, .5 PPR, 4 PaTD sheet I'd have to say that I would find your visage even more aesthetically pleasing than that of team #6.

Team 6 is my wife's, so I'm sure she'll appreciate that. And there's already the sheet you want, it's the 12-0.5 tab.

Zypher posted:

Fantasy football calculator has him at 5.05 with no PPR and 4.09 with 1pt PPR in 10 man leagues.

E: if you don't like Cobb, IMO Keenan Allen is the guy to grab there. Or Vjax or Cruz.

I was really debating between VJax and AJ80. I ended up going with AJ80 because the ceiling of his projections was higher. Rotoviz has a low projection of 10.5 PPG, median of 12.4 PPG, and high of 15 PPG which is higher than Cobb or VJax. I guess I'll have to hope that things work out better than everyone says.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

toxicsunset posted:

The sheets are just there as a general guide for how multiple sites are ranking players.. Pick whoever you want it's not like the rankings are definitive of who you should have on your team. I used the sheets last year in mocks but during my actual draft I barely even looked at it and just went with my gut. I've won my ESPN 10 team standard league the past two years just doing way too many mocks and being familiar with ESPNs rankings and where I'll likely be able to grab the players I want.

89 posted:

I have 2nd pick this year in my 10 team, been trying to figure out my strategy as well. In ESPN mocks I'm usually going Charles/McCoy (since my brother has #1 pick and is probably going to take Peterson) then it's either go WR-WR with my 2nd and 3rd and get two of Marshall/Brown/Nelson/Jones/Jeffrey/maybe Dez or AJ Green if they fall..
..or I go WR-RB and take a top receiver and one of Gio/Bell/Ball/Stacy/Morris for an RB2.

My first target is getting Marshall with my 2nd pick, but if I miss out on that then I really don't know what I'm going to go for.

Varg fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Aug 17, 2014

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

toxicsunset posted:

Don't do this. The sheets are an amalgation of various rankings plus calculations. It is fair to criticize the draft; the sheets are hardly to blame. He puts a lot of work into the sheets and accommodating a shitload of requests, on his own time.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Just looking for input on first couple rounds drafting 7th of 12, here are the settings: 12 Team | 0.25 comp| -3 int| 7pt all TD| 50yd/Pass| 10yd/Rush+Rec| 0.5 PPR| 25yd/Return 10 TD [Roster: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DEF, D, DB, DL, LB, 3IR, 10BN]

I currently know the first five picks will be McCoy, Charles, AP, Forte, and Lynch. This will leave three of Megatron, Manning, Graham and Lacy to me. VBD seems to suggest Graham is the clear cut choice but I'm definitely struggling with the decision.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
How early is too early to take a flyer on Josh Gordon?

Fourteen teams, .5 PPR by the way.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

His current ADP is 8th round in a 14 team league but that seems way too high. I've been taking him in the position I normally take a rookie/second year WR lottery ticket

So 10 or 11?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Zypher posted:

No it is Vereen.

gently caress me. He's Shane for now on.

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

toxicsunset posted:

This statement means you were probably doomed from the start

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS

guy in a jetta posted:

This statement means you were probably doomed from the start

My team is very good I have many good players and not ugly ones

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

toxicsunset posted:

My team is very good I have many good players and not ugly ones

40% of your players are ugly and you don't know it yet.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Out of curiosity for those of you who have FantasyPros premium, besides the draft help, what else do you get with premium?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I've been playing around with mock drafts for my #1 spot in a 10 man league, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go RB-WR-WR-RB. It's been landing me a pretty consistent Shady & Joquie Bell as my two starting RBs along with something like Jordy Nelson/Antonio Brown as my two WRs with me landing Corrdelle Patterson as my next WR and Fred Jackson+Danny Woodhead. Load up on the backups who will get touches/take over rolls as injuries happen. Also, mocked the idea of taking both Ronnie Hillman and CJ Anderson.

Cause Montee Ball isn't for real, you guys.

It also seems like in that particularly league, I work the waiver wire like a monster because there's no wait time on a player. You can pick them up mid game, immediately. It's stupid, but it's $100 buy in, so I'm not complaining. So, by the time it's playoffs time, I always seem to have 3 or so options for a flex RB.

Also, Reggie Bush is gonna get injured and Bell is gonna out play him anyways.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
So I just got assigned pick 12 in a 12 man snake. Is this good or should I be trying to trade up to 3/4/5 for Charles/McCoy/Forte/AP/Lacy?

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Harold Cooplowski posted:

So I just got assigned pick 12 in a 12 man snake. Is this good or should I be trying to trade up to 3/4/5 for Charles/McCoy/Forte/AP/Lacy?

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about Optimal Draft Position, if such a thing even exists, and I've come to the conclusion that variability of each person's draft and their own personal strategy makes such a thing really hard to calculate. The best thing you could do is do a lot of mock drafts at each position and see how they feel to you. I have some dudes in my draft that are going to take a QB in the first round no matter what, as well as a guy at 4 that doesn't believe in taking a RB in the first round, so these things really kill all the planning you are trying to do.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

It depends on the league. If you're drafting with idiots, relax and enjoy the chance at getting a pair of elite players. I would be more than happy with a Dez Bryant / Brandon Marshall combination.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about Optimal Draft Position, if such a thing even exists, and I've come to the conclusion that variability of each person's draft and their own personal strategy makes such a thing really hard to calculate. The best thing you could do is do a lot of mock drafts at each position and see how they feel to you. I have some dudes in my draft that are going to take a QB in the first round no matter what, as well as a guy at 4 that doesn't believe in taking a RB in the first round, so these things really kill all the planning you are trying to do.

I mock drafted with a guy today who took Rogers, Stafford and Foles within the first 8 rounds in a 1QB setting. It was baffling

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It depends on the league. If you're drafting with idiots, relax and enjoy the chance at getting a pair of elite players. I would be more than happy with a Dez Bryant / Brandon Marshall combination.

The more I think about it the more I like this. I have a legit chance at an RB1 and Demaryus or Calvin, so might as well relax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

The more I think about it the more I like this. I have a legit chance at an RB1 and Demaryus or Calvin, so might as well relax.

Yeah dude. As much as we all like to strategize and calculate poo poo, this whole thing is basically gambling. If Peyton's neck get twisted the wrong way during practice one day, then Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas, and Montee Ball are all hosed and there's no way to predict that.

• Locked thread