Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Does it fix it calibrating every time I start it up?

Haven't really had that problem. Might be worth shooting support an email.

Stevens Creek Trail by khyrre, on Flickr

I'm always a little unsure about heavy fades, but in this case it seemed fitting since what caught my eye while out jogging was the glint of the train tracks. But christ, trying to get a perfect crop and level horizon is really drat hard on a little phone screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.

Haha. Dog tadpole.

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.

404notfound posted:

In case anybody cares, the 2.4.1 update for VSCO Cam on Android finally fixes the EXIF data being all out of whack.

Does it let me do one point for metering and one for focus like the iphone version yet? Because this one point does everything poo poo is getting tiring.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

voodoorootbeer posted:

Does it let me do one point for metering and one for focus like the iphone version yet? Because this one point does everything poo poo is getting tiring.

I think that has more to do with the controls the Android camera framework gives to apps. The next version of the framework will supposedly give hell of a lot more control (even manual focus will be possible apparently).

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

VSCO just released a second VSCO Cam Levi's preset pack--or rather, just a single preset this time, LV3. Except I wiped my phone a few months ago and lost LV1 and LV2, and since they're limited time, I can't get them anymore :sigh:

Would it be :filez: to ask somebody on Android to pull it off of their phone? The presets are free anyway, just that VSCO decided to make it a limited time offer for some dumb reason.

Edit: Asked on Facebook and they said it will never be available again :smithicide:

404notfound fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jul 29, 2014

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

404notfound posted:

VSCO just released a second VSCO Cam Levi's preset pack--or rather, just a single preset this time, LV3. Except I wiped my phone a few months ago and lost LV1 and LV2, and since they're limited time, I can't get them anymore :sigh:

Would it be :filez: to ask somebody on Android to pull it off of their phone? The presets are free anyway, just that VSCO decided to make it a limited time offer for some dumb reason.

Edit: Asked on Facebook and they said it will never be available again :smithicide:

The hosed up thing is that even restoring your purchases and downloads doesn't bring them back. Hope you never have to go to a new phone or have problems with it at all.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Neowyrm posted:

The hosed up thing is that even restoring your purchases and downloads doesn't bring them back. Hope you never have to go to a new phone or have problems with it at all.

Yeah I lost them too when I switched phones. I'm actually kinda annoyed because I liked those presets a lot. I thought they'd show up when I restored my purchases but nope. :(

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
A few pictures from Chile

IMG_2873 by jpyaks, on Flickr

IMG_3055 by jpyaks, on Flickr

IMG_3380 by jpyaks, on Flickr

IMG_3403 by jpyaks, on Flickr

Swarmin Swedes fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 29, 2014

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Dog

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
Hey guys, if you're looking for a decent lens set for your phone, Groupon has a really nice one for 11.99. I ordered one last week and they just arrived -- I'm very impressed by the quality, they're not flimsy at all. Really well made.

It says iPhone but these will work with just about any phone. The set comes with a little adhesive metal ring that you stick to the phone and the lens have magnets in them so you can use them even if you have a case. If the little ring fits, it'll work -- outer diameter is 13mm and inner diameter is 9mm. I don't think they'll fit on the Nexus 5, unfortunately.

The set comes with fisheye, wide angle and macro (one is a two in one, macro and wide), two little lanyards that have really strong magnets for carrying the lens on your keychain or wherever you want and two little caps for the lens so they won't get scratched. It also includes 4 of the little metal rings.

Really super nice for the price.

I took these to test the macro lens:

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011
I'd love to buy one but they don't ship to Canada :(

-CHA
Jun 21, 2004

State-of-the-art
home video technology
Sweet. Thanks for the post on the lenses. I've been curious about cell phone lenses for a while now.
Once they arrive I'm going to take so many bug pictures :getin:

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

-CHA posted:

Sweet. Thanks for the post on the lenses. I've been curious about cell phone lenses for a while now.
Once they arrive I'm going to take so many bug pictures :getin:

Happy to spread the word. These are really nice for the price. I really want the photojojo set but it's like $100. I can afford it, but I can't justify spending that much on something like that when I'm not even that great at taking pictures, you know? So I was really happy to find these. :)

The macro lens is my absolute favorite, but the fisheye is pretty cool too

Here's some more macro shots. I was just testing so they're not very interesting, but they'll give you a good idea of the quality.

Not bad for $12 imo. I can't wait to try these with Hipstamatic.

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut

Sea of Sand, Mont Saint-Michel by JaundiceDave, on Flickr

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

oh god I love this :fap:

Went hiking in the rain today:
Mono Pass by chazaraz, on Flickr

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

http://lrcphoto.tumblr.com/

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

http://instagram.com/tomolson

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mullaghmore by juliancallan, on Flickr

Lady's Glen by juliancallan, on Flickr

maxmars
Nov 20, 2006

Ad bestias!
Finally I have something to share with you ppl. This is a thread I keep reading but never contributed to -- keep up, the stuff is awesome!
Crossposted from the landscape thread.

Rivabella

Cimone

Cimoncino

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Hi! I take pictures with the phone camera too!

This is a cabin some friends and I found on a hike, sitting back in the woods.

The same cabin from a different angle.

I found this neat little waterfall on a different hike, had to actually climb up to it to get the picture but I thought it was neat.

A funny spray painted message with a cameo from my fiance (drinking the coke) and her friend with a sandwich.

A flower arrangement by my fiance.

And here she hid behind her hair but I think it made a pretty picture anyway.

I think that's probably enough for this post. I hope you guys like them!

Karma Comedian fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 15, 2014

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fueled.afterlight

Afterlight is now out on Android.

e: I wish these people wouldn't make their filter names stupid poo poo like "idaho" and "mulberry". It's meaningless and hard to remember. A number+letter is so much better :(

Geektox fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Aug 15, 2014

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I just bought Afterlight on Android after seeing the nice pics it's been used to make on the iPhone. Jesus christ the UI is awful. I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of it at all. VSCO is much better for my money.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I just bought Afterlight on Android after seeing the nice pics it's been used to make on the iPhone. Jesus christ the UI is awful. I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of it at all. VSCO is much better for my money.

Yeah I bought it with Google survey money so I'm not too upset but I really don't know how much use I'll get out of it.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I refunded pretty quickly. Sticking with Snapspeed and VSCO.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
I use Afterlight every day and I'm really confused as to why you're hating the UI so much. Is it doing something weird on Android, like ignore the back button or something?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I think it just looks really amateurish compared to VSCO.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

I don't have too much issue with the UI other than the aforementioned naming confusion and that it uses sliders rather than pips, I guess? But I'm not seeing much that it does that the other apps don't do also. They're all fine apps though.

To balance out the appchat here some pics I've taken recently

2014-08-14 01.33.34 4 by Geektox, on Flickr

2014-08-12 04.24.06 1 by Geektox, on Flickr

2014-08-12 04.23.46 3 by Geektox, on Flickr

2014-07-08 08.39.20 2 by Geektox, on Flickr

maxmars posted:

hawt pics

Nice! I especially like the first one.

Geektox fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 15, 2014

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

P-40 Warhawk at Oshkosh from a few weeks ago.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

2014-08-16 05.54.49 1 by khyrre, on Flickr

VSCO on Android basically spits in the face of Android design principles. Back button behavior is inconsistent (pressing it anywhere in the store immediately pulls you back out of the store entirely), and for a long time it selected menu items on the press, rather than the release (fat-finger "store" and slide to "library" before letting go = still opening the store). Loading images in a list is also incredibly ineffecient: rather than skipping items while flinging, it loads everything sequentially up to your current position. They're probably not even reusing convertView.

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?
Untitled by Paul Chin Jr., on Flickr

Untitled by Paul Chin Jr., on Flickr

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

404notfound posted:

VSCO on Android basically spits in the face of Android design principles. Back button behavior is inconsistent (pressing it anywhere in the store immediately pulls you back out of the store entirely), and for a long time it selected menu items on the press, rather than the release (fat-finger "store" and slide to "library" before letting go = still opening the store). Loading images in a list is also incredibly ineffecient: rather than skipping items while flinging, it loads everything sequentially up to your current position. They're probably not even reusing convertView.

God that sounds like terrible engineering. I can only imagine the kind of (unintentional) tricks they're using to get the app working.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
It's an iOS app that only semi-recently got ported, of course it doesn't behave like an Android app nor should it.

I mean maybe some devs have megabucks and can develop different OS branches that all look and feel native, but I don't really expect them to.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

1st AD posted:

It's an iOS app that only semi-recently got ported, of course it doesn't behave like an Android app nor should it.

If you're putting your app on the Play store, it probably should.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

NIE by alkanphel, on Flickr

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

1st AD posted:

I mean maybe some devs have megabucks and can develop different OS branches that all look and feel native, but I don't really expect them to.

Not saying they need to completely refactor the UI to look like a native Android app, but certain behaviors are just outright wrong or very poorly optimized. The "select on press" thing I described shows that they are (or at least were) using an OnTouchListener instead of an OnClickListener for some reason, possibly so they can swap in their own pressed/unpressed graphics--which is completely unnecessary when you can create a drawable XML that automatically specifies which image to use for which button state. And the back button behavior in the store is just wrong wrong wrong. Not to mention, I still occasionally get a null pointer exception when starting the app, and it sometimes still re-imports the last imported picture over and over until I press the back button all the way out of the app to clear its state.

Anyway, that's just me nitpicking about Android design. I'm just a little surprised because I know VSCO is based out of Emeryville right here in the bay area, so they should be practically tripping over Android engineers. I could probably really clean up whatever they have in a few days to a week, if I weren't already gainfully employed elsewhere.

Tied House by khyrre, on Flickr

I have a hard time convincing myself to use any of the presets with a heavy color cast, like all of the P pack and most of the H pack. It's too bad the VSCO Cam store doesn't show you before/afters for each of the presets. That was an issue I had with VSCO Film as well, though with that there were at least a few reviews that had comparison pictures.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

404notfound posted:

Anyway, that's just me nitpicking about Android design. I'm just a little surprised because I know VSCO is based out of Emeryville right here in the bay area, so they should be practically tripping over Android engineers. I could probably really clean up whatever they have in a few days to a week, if I weren't already gainfully employed elsewhere.

I do Android development professionally and my god is it difficult to find people who actually want to work on it, iOS is just that much more appealing to mobile developers.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
How many versions of iOS platforms are there currently based on phone make... I can't even finish typing this with a straight face.

I'm assuming it's rough when you have 77399577283959921 versions of an OS with different hardware specs. Idk poo poo about any of this :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Musket posted:

How many versions of iOS platforms are there currently based on phone make... I can't even finish typing this with a straight face.

I'm assuming it's rough when you have 77399577283959921 versions of an OS with different hardware specs. Idk poo poo about any of this :toot:

But it's Java, so it'll run on ANYTHING :downs:

No but seriously, I quit my job as an Android dev when I realized the fragmentation issues I'd have to deal with. ansel, you're a stud for sticking with it.