Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Xandu posted:

What an odd choice to send him there.

This is over at the police staging point, not near the front line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Rogue operating systems on occasion spread lies and rumors about me.
God, this KSDK lady.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Holy poo poo man I was just looking for something to watch tonight and checked out twitter...

I didn't realize how hosed this was. Goddamn, I sure found something to hold my attention tonight.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Arkane posted:

"Get the gently caress out of here or I will shoot you with this."

Police officer with gun drawn, to the KARG video streamer a couple of minutes ago.

Jesus gently caress.

There's a cop screaming at the MSNBC reporter telling them they are going to get maced. Is this a bigger escalation than what happened Wednesday night?

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Cease to Hope posted:

This is over at the police staging point, not near the front line

No I just meant the Telegraph sending a British correspondent noted for his coverage of Darfur and Pakistan.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

sugar free jazz posted:

That livestream is like some creepy loving dystopian society found footage horror movie, jesus christ.

I bet the makers of those Purge movies are kicking themselves for missing out on this treasure trove of material.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Keep in mind the diagram says "entry, re-entry and exit" points. Some of those may indicate, for instance, a bullet that went into his arm, came out, and hit him in the chest. Until we have a more complete picture of the autopsy results try not to read too much into any particular interpretation.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
Turned on the MSNBC feed just in time to hear a cop yell at Chris Hayes and other media not to pass them or they'll mace them. Fun times! Very surreal to hear that kind of thing in real time.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

smg77 posted:

Is this a bigger escalation than what happened Wednesday night?

On both sides, yeah.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Found this article about the LRAD on twitter. Seems pretty brutal, can't imagine being subjected to it.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2014/08/14/lrad_long_range_acoustic_device_sound_cannons_were_used_for_crowd_control.html

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
http://new.livestream.com/timcast/events/3295551 VICE said "they are coming", followed by gunshots. He's retreated to his car.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Javes posted:

Regarding the autopsy, aren't police trained that when they fire their weapon to keep shooting until they feel the threat has ceased? Brown being shot 6 times doesn't surprise me.

Considering that every single piece of high velocity lead that doesn't safely embed itself in a target or "soft" terrain like wood or dirt (as opposed to metal or stone which might cause the bullet to ricochet wildly) is a hazardous and potentially lethal projectile, I'd think that cops are trained to shoot as little as possible to reduce the threat to bystanders.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Any collection of Twitter feeds that have multiple people tweeting?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Xandu posted:

No I just meant the Telegraph sending a British correspondent noted for his coverage of Darfur and Pakistan.

At the rate we're going isn't it about the same thing soon?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

im gay posted:

https://twitter.com/madamjujujive/lists/michael-brown - mostly press
https://twitter.com/justinstoned/lists/ferguson-family - mostly residents/organizers

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

im gay posted:

https://twitter.com/kristenhare/lists/stl-journalists
https://twitter.com/madamjujujive/lists/michael-brown

These are two good ones.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Arkane posted:

On both sides, yeah.

What have the protestors done? Haven't noticed it mentioned in the thread (and I'm using this as a TVIV, so thanks to people for keeping it up to date).

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Just wanted to say that these livestreams of horrible things like this are amazing. What a world we live in where this can be instantly streamed by anyone.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Man, I have first day of class in the morning but this is too much to stop

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Grundulum posted:

What have the protestors done? Haven't noticed it mentioned in the thread (and I'm using this as a TVIV, so thanks to people for keeping it up to date).

Allegedly molotovs, but I (personally) haven't seen or heard evidence of this yet. Also lots of gunshots, but no one is sure of the exact source I think.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Grundulum posted:

The cops say they were responding to molotov cocktails. Gunshots may or may not have been from the crowd. Heard someone near the VICE reporter earlier saying that a gun was being shot into the air (presumably from a protester).

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
So what happened to the Captain Johnson that was walking in solidarity with the protesters a few days ago?

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

watching the vice stream and they catch loving flashbangs on camera, another stream talking about molotovs being used. Any confirmation on the latter?

holy poo poo, now they're hiding from gunshots?

"tim pool. I'm with Vice"

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
Thought it would be interesting to point out that the man conducting Michael Brown's autopsy in the previously mentioned article is Michael Baden, who's about as well known as autopsy conductors get.

gently caress the Tim Pool stream is crazy tense. That lady is losing it, and I do not blame her.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
Something about the KSDK stream having a sign advertising Chicken McNuggets right overhead is making me laugh, or else I should cry.

We're witnessing shocking and disconcerting police activity, with the air full of tear gas. And then right above...

"Hungry?"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Fart Amplifier posted:

Just wanted to say that these livestreams of horrible things like this are amazing. What a world we live in where this can be instantly streamed by anyone.

Its definitely a whole new world. I always wonder how things would have been different if, say, the Rape of Nanking or other huge events had been live streamed.

MonkeyOnFire
Jun 3, 2004
I LOVE MONKEYS
VICE stream is hella tense right now.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

This Vice stream is loving intense. Goddamn.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I like how the officer uses the word "aggressors" on the KDSK stream. (not really) Where the gently caress does he think he is? Iraq? Fallujah?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Can police even legally force a business to shutdown as it seems they have with the gas station on the VICE stream?

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Man, I have first day of class in the morning but this is too much to stop

Same here. It's probably just the syllabus stuff. I can barely believe that this is going on right now in the United States.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Javes posted:

So what happened to the Captain Johnson that was walking in solidarity with the protesters a few days ago?

The press conference with the city police chief where they released the video of the 'strongarm robbery' ruined all the good will.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
This is like some sort of twisted movie. Tim Pool picked up another journo who is talking to a friend on the phone and screaming at her in his car. He's just kinda sitting there waiting for her to converse.

THEY SOUND SO YOUNG too.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

Javes posted:

From what I can tell right now he's arresting and then releasing journalists.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

This is like a hosed up found footage movie. And what makes it worse is that all of the mainstream white Americans will wake up tomorrow and think that the protesters deserved everything that happened.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Darksaber posted:

From what I can tell right now he's arresting and then releasing journalists.

twitter has taken to calling him a house negro

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
this police interview on the ksdk stream

"this is hard on us" :laffo:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Hey remember like 4 pages ago when someone was like "How could the police make this bad again? Things seem pretty good now." Welp.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
aggressors aggressors aggressors. Definitely not people. They are "aggressors".

"Molotov cocktails flying towards the command centre." God they really really love the molotov cocktails side of the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Rogue operating systems on occasion spread lies and rumors about me.

Lessail posted:

this police interview on the ksdk stream

"this is hard on us" :laffo:

"We are husbands and wives" ... "We have to deal with these aggressors ... and what they're doing to our community"

• Locked thread