Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

"She [radio reporter] said she was near the front line, and she asked for help, and the police... they pointed guns at her and said 'no',"
(paraphrased)

from the vice stream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Tim Pool with a total fail there, didn't even get her phone number.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Arkane posted:

Tim Pool with a total fail there, didn't even get her phone number.

He got rescuezoned hard.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

the vice stream has nearly 12,000 people watching it and it sounds like 90% of them are concerned with getting tim pool into a threesome :allears:

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Rogue operating systems on occasion spread lies and rumors about me.

GoatSeeGuy posted:

He got rescuezoned hard.

She's still with him.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Link to Vice stream?

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Winkie01 posted:

Link to Vice stream?

http://new.livestream.com/timcast/events/3295551

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

The autopsy showed two head shots, one on the top of his skull.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Its definitely a whole new world. I always wonder how things would have been different if, say, the Rape of Nanking or other huge events had been live streamed.

I often wonder the same thing. Imagine if everyone had a smartphone during the Kennedy assassination, how many questions would have been answered? Or if the world could have seen Kristallnacht.

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

Preliminary autopsy released, NYT is claiming the autopsy was done today. Must be the second autopsy as requested by the family/DOJ.

Interestingly, the doctor is from New York so he appears to be an independent party in this.

Hit six times, all from the front. Four in the arm, two in the head. Preliminary report indicated that the fatal shot appears to have entered from the top of the skull, possibly indicating his head was bent down toward the shooter.

No powder traces + shots aren't grouped well may corroborate shooting from a good distance. Clothes may have taken most of the powder though. Don't coroners usually look at the clothes as well as part of their report, or are they taken beforehand by the forensics team to reconstruct the scene?

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Bullfrog posted:

This is like a hosed up found footage movie. And what makes it worse is that all of the mainstream white Americans will wake up tomorrow and think that the protesters deserved everything that happened.

I work with these assholes in suburban st louis and it's taking a lot of restraint for me not to verbally abuse them when I show up for work in the morning and they're flapping their gums about this poo poo. It's funny because they can't get too loud since the company is around a quarter black people- including those in management.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Holy poo poo the vice news stream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q0wA4OmCd4 is loving FASCINATING now

MonkeyOnFire
Jun 3, 2004
I LOVE MONKEYS
Female journalist tagging along with VICE guy just said police are using live rounds? No verification or anything, but...what the gently caress?

Renzian
Oct 25, 2003
REDTEXTING IS SERIOUS BUSINESS YOU GUYS.

SERIOUS.
BUSINESS.
Who are the main Twitter accounts following this/on-location? I'd like to follow this more than just watching the Vice stream

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Cenodoxus posted:

Preliminary autopsy released, NYT is claiming the autopsy was done today. Must be the second autopsy as requested by the family/DOJ.

Interestingly, the doctor is from New York so he appears to be an independent party in this.

Hit six times, all from the front. Four in the arm, two in the head. Preliminary report indicated that the fatal shot appears to have entered from the top of the skull, possibly indicating his head was bent down toward the shooter.

No powder traces + shots aren't grouped well may corroborate shooting from a good distance. Clothes may have taken most of the powder though. Don't coroners usually look at the clothes as well as part of their report, or are they taken beforehand by the forensics team to reconstruct the scene?

Article says they didn't have access to the clothes to check for powder.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

MonkeyOnFire posted:

Female journalist tagging along with VICE guy just said police are using live rounds? No verification or anything, but...what the gently caress?

Live rounds, not necessarily police fired.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Public radio girl with Tim is scared out of her mind

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Ferguson MO: Journalist Convention.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Wow, threatening to shoot reporters. loving A Missouri police you jack booted thugs.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cops say journos need to move if they don't want to get shot in xfire.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Police tell journalist that they are in the crossfire, move or get shot.

A woman just told the police what we're all thinking.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
If they fired live rounds it would be 5.56 but I bet they found pistol rounds.

MonkeyOnFire
Jun 3, 2004
I LOVE MONKEYS

Unoriginal Name posted:

Live rounds, not necessarily police fired.

Ah, thank you, that makes more sense. Sort of.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Wow this lady yelling at the police loving owns

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

im gay posted:

Holy poo poo that was amazing

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Rogue operating systems on occasion spread lies and rumors about me.

im gay posted:

See all the restraint they're using not to shoot her?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
"This is not Iraq, this is loving St. Louis! Don't say you're gonna shoot us!"

Woman on Vice stream HAHA

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

What the gently caress would the fallout from shooting some white reporter be?

"He shouldnt have been on the negro side?"

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

im gay posted:

That was amazing.

"There was a twelve-o-clock curfew! It is ten-thirty!"

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

OrangeKing posted:

Holy poo poo that was amazing

she does own

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
"How much you gettin' paid, baby girl?"

:golfclap:

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I reckon there's going to be many, many more people tomorrow after the news stories from tonight.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I know that DC has already had a bus of people go to Furguson. Wouldn't shock me to see more busloads of people showing up in town real soon.

Bastaman Vibration
Jun 26, 2005
Following 3 streams at once and 2 other threads so maybe I missed it... but what in the gently caress prompted all of this so many hours BEFORE the curfew? Was there a major incident or what?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Yes, I was listening to your live stream. Said to said live stream.

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Don't tap on the fucking glass!
I swear to god I'll cut off your fucking fingers and feed them to the otters for enrichment.
According to KSDK, camera lights make police and/or journalists targets to shoot at. :psyduck:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Arrgytehpirate posted:

What the gently caress would the fallout from shooting some white reporter be?

"He shouldnt have been on the negro side?"

It'd be bad. There were people who cheered or made excuses about white college kid protestors being shot in the 60's and 70's, but I wasn't alive then, so I couldn't say what level that bullshit was at.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

dinoputz posted:

Following 3 streams at once and 2 other threads so maybe I missed it... but what in the gently caress prompted all of this so many hours BEFORE the curfew? Was there a major incident or what?

The protesters were pretty rowdy....the cops claim there were molotov cocktails. There was also a fight with gunshots among the protesters apparently.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Arkane posted:

KARG video streamer being confronted/threatened by police...hard to understand cause I'm listening to both streams.

Got a clip of that now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=razYgZ0P1KY

"GET THE gently caress OUT OF HERE! YOU GET THAT LIGHT OFF, OR YOU'RE GETTING SHOT WITH THIS!'" - Nice, friendly cop, to journalist and his 40,000 live internet viewers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

dinoputz posted:

The narrative is the protestors advanced on police HQ, but police HQ is in a mall parking lot a mile up the street from them, so that's obviously untrue.

• Locked thread