Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Winkie01 posted:

Christopher Hayes @chrislhayes
I'm looking at what appears to be a dead body in the middle of Chambers

tim was just talking about activity around chambers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Winkie01 posted:

:stare:

What.

edit: VICE guy just saw it on his stream.

Large group headed to Target.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
So, I'm betting what side of his arms the bullets entered on is going to tell the story. If you're holding your hands up near your head to fight, chances are the bullets would enter the forward facing sides of your arms in a fighting stance, which would actually be the outward facing edge. If you're holding your hands above your head completely, the bullets would actually enter the undersides of your arms instead of the forward edges. Unless for some reason his hands were up like a football ref calling a touchdown which doesn't make sense.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

stinkles1112 posted:

Explain to me the difference between a "riot tourist" and somebody showing up in town to show their solidarity with the protest.

As someone who flew in to ferguson to show solidarity with the protest and is currently sitting in a hotel room 3 miles away, very few of the people I have talked to out there for mike brown are interested in conflict with the police

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

stinkles1112 posted:

Explain to me the difference between a "riot tourist" and somebody showing up in town to show their solidarity with the protest.

I reckon somebody who shows up at 9pm is probably more interested in seeing a scuffle than supporting the cause. But that's just me.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Winkie01 posted:

god loving damnit. this is all loving horrible

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

I think things are about to go down.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Winkie01 posted:

:(

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Tim's stream showing phone screens of tweets, this is meta as gently caress jesus

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Chris Hayes reporting someone unconscious in the street

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/501222222598774784

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
I'm not sure if this is ok or not, it probably doesn't matter since the thread is going a mile a minute, but if you're interested in financially contributions to help out the protesters, the National Lawyer's Guild is asking for funds to help its mass protest defense work, which is excellent. If you seen people wearing neon green hats they are Legal Observers taking notes on police conduct for all the reasons you can imagine it might be important for a bunch of friendly lawyers to have detailed information about a police coup. They are on the ground in Ferguson providing direct legal support to protesters. I have worked with them in the past and have friends on their way out to Ferguson now.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

pudgy maalox utility belt man is ready to rumble

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

There's a fatality?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Reporter convention on Tim's stream.

Cease to Hope posted:

Chris Hayes reporting someone unconscious in the street

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/501222222598774784

Oh thank god. Hopefully that's the dead person that was originally reported.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

bassguitarhero posted:

As someone who flew in to ferguson to show solidarity with the protest and is currently sitting in a hotel room 3 miles away, very few of the people I have talked to out there for mike brown are interested in conflict with the police

You flew in? Do you not have a job or are you on vacation?

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

natetimm posted:

So, I'm betting what side of his arms the bullets entered on is going to tell the story. If you're holding your hands up near your head to fight, chances are the bullets would enter the forward facing sides of your arms in a fighting stance, which would actually be the outward facing edge. If you're holding your hands above your head completely, the bullets would actually enter the undersides of your arms instead of the forward edges. Unless for some reason his hands were up like a football ref calling a touchdown which doesn't make sense.

If you lined up the arms a little bit differently, they're basically right next to the bullet that hit his head.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
It appears to be unrelated to the police?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
http://new.livestream.com/timcast/events/3295551 just was told that after a car accident(?), looting, someone pulled a gun and someone was shot. No police involved.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Tweet from @TheePharoah makes it sound like it's going to come out that Michael Brown was not shot in the back.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Xandu posted:

If you lined up the arms a little bit differently, they're basically right next to the bullet that hit his head.

Kinda small for a black guy eh? :dong:

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Petr posted:

Tweet from @TheePharoah makes it sound like it's going to come out that Michael Brown was not shot in the back.

Who is he?

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

"There a dead white guy in the middle of Chambers, at least I think he's dead. He has a swastika tattoo on his arm."

https://twitter.com/ModernLeftist2/status/501223349125931008

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Who doesn't carry an extra cable to a riot. Seriously, Tim.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Petr posted:

Yeah, he was shot with his hands up instead.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Petr posted:

It came out over an hour ago.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

sether01 posted:

Who is he?

one of the primary witnesses.

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Don't tap on the fucking glass!
I swear to god I'll cut off your fucking fingers and feed them to the otters for enrichment.
Don't go to loving Target, go see the body.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

It is shameful and disgusting that the protestors of Ferguson MO would steep so low as to use women and children as human shields. Looks like they'll win the war of public opinion on the bodies of their own families.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CABLE TIME

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

MariusLecter posted:

Kinda small for a black guy eh? :dong:

Was gonna make that joke but the picture is white.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

natetimm posted:

Unless for some reason his hands were up like a football ref calling a touchdown which doesn't make sense.

like this?

yeah can't imagine why he would

how the gently caress do I thumbnail, jesus.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Damiya posted:

one of the primary witnesses.

ah ok, thanks

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Agrajag posted:

You flew in? Do you not have a job or are you on vacation?

I have a job but took time off (unpaid). I'm also a documentary filmmaker so I spent the last few days interviewing protestors, witnesses, and the protest events themselves. Marched in a solidarity parade, bumped into a man and a little girl on his shoulders, turned out to be Jesse Jackson.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
TIM has a cable. Repeat, he has a cable.

Amos Moses
Oct 13, 2012

by Ralp
Cable snafu.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Tim gotta pay for the cable. Like $20 man.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Comstar posted:

TIM has a cable. Repeat, he has a cable.

:siren: CURRENTLY BARTERING OVER CABLE :siren:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

:20bux: Cable!

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

What. Did that cop say earlier? I will shoot you in the face?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Apparently the dead body is from a car accident?

Still, some dude with a swastika tattoo in Ferguson...can't be up to any good.

• Locked thread