Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flectarn
May 29, 2013

D_I posted:

No they are all awful caricatures, on both sides.

you are tedious, please stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_I
Aug 31, 2004
Why are you wearing a beanie in summer Tim?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Winkie01 posted:

Tim is A ok in my book got that camera focused all on dem titties

he's no scoping it, which is making it better.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

stinkles1112 posted:

Do you think that it's conceivable that they are sweating because they don't actually want to be a part of anything like this but don't know how else to react because of massive institutional and interpersonal pressure to become what amounts to part of the problem? Do you really think every single cop is just itching to gas some blacks or what

There are literally a billion other ways to solve this problem but nobody imvolved wants to do anything other than jump in and crack heads. The sweating you see is because, for the first time in their professional lives, there are too many cameras to whack. If there was one or two cameras they would take them out. They can't. But they won't change their tactics which is leading to the huge issue of the fact that they don't know how to cope with a situation they literally can't beat their way out of.

Also lol at the guy who thinks I'm sitting in an office chair and not literally in ferguson right now

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

D_I posted:

Chicken and egg scenario, depends on your preconcieved notions.
Whoever you believe started this, the police are the trained professionals and they're supposed to know how to deal with things like this without riots and curfews and stuff. Their struggling means they are not good enough at their job and should lose it.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

chitoryu12 posted:

These girls are probably the best journalists tonight.

Yeah they're fantastic, glad I came onto that stream.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

bassguitarhero posted:

There are literally a billion other ways to solve this problem but nobody imvolved wants to do anything other than jump in and crack heads. The sweating you see is because, for the first time in their professional lives, there are too many cameras to whack. If there was one or two cameras they would take them out. They can't. But they won't change their tactics which is leading to the huge issue of the fact that they don't know how to cope with a situation they literally can't beat their way out of.

Also lol at the guy who thinks I'm sitting in an office chair and not literally in ferguson right now

Be safe there.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

Unoriginal Name posted:

Tim is kind of a putz who will repeat this story like 500 times at office parties.

Idk that I'd call him a putz but Speri/Ward provides a really significant contrast that's a lot more towards journalism as opposed to a dude with an iPhone.

That said I still appreciate he's been one of the few reliable streams that's not back with the cops

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Unoriginal Name posted:

Tim is kind of a putz who will repeat this story like 500 times at office parties.

Tim is that guy who wanders into your dorm room freshman year and he keeps telling stories from his high school glory days and you just sort of wish he'd leave.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

malegaze.jpg

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Can we just talk about the epic level of balls those girls have? They stealthed in the curfew zone as long as possible, talked their way into not getting arrested, and grilled the cops literally the entire way to the media staging area while everyone else was stuck twiddling their thumbs.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

stinkles1112 posted:

Do you think that it's conceivable that they are sweating because they don't actually want to be a part of anything like this but don't know how else to react because of massive institutional and interpersonal pressure to become what amounts to part of the problem? Do you really think every single cop is just itching to gas some blacks or what

I talked to a couple local cops about the situation yesterday. They both believe that the police are loving this situation all up, but were unable to articulate how the situation should be handled differently. One of them is on our SWAT, and we had a pretty good conversation about militarization. They're good guys, but can't not think like people trained to act like American Police.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

If you're in the media area, can you run up to the Vice guys and start talking about poo poo really loudly so we know it's you?

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

bassguitarhero posted:

Yeah but that's because as an institution, that's what the police are told to do. I'm basically agreeing with you, I just think blame is better laid on 'the police' in a general sense because we can do something about that, as opposed to saying 'that cop' is the dickhead here because that is useless

Edit:

Gyges posted:

I talked to a couple local cops about the situation yesterday. They both believe that the police are loving this situation all up, but were unable to articulate how the situation should be handled differently. One of them is on our SWAT, and we had a pretty good conversation about militarization. They're good guys, but can't not think like people trained to act like American Police.

This, basically

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Ray and Shirley posted:

Tim is that guy who wanders into your dorm room freshman year and he keeps telling stories from his high school glory days and you just sort of wish he'd leave.

If someone had hours of footage like what he's getting from high school women would just shower him with affection and then you'd tell him to get the gently caress out because drat dude play fair.

D_I
Aug 31, 2004

Gyges posted:

It's almost as if their job is to deal with the worst aspects of society, how could it not shape your worldview?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

chitoryu12 posted:

Can we just talk about the epic level of balls those girls have? They stealthed in the curfew zone as long as possible, talked their way into not getting arrested, and grilled the cops literally the entire way to the media staging area while everyone else was stuck twiddling their thumbs.

I don't know; I somehow feel like this would have went differently if they were a pair of black or middle-eastern men, "epic level of balls" be damned.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Link to the two Vice ladies stream? Sorry, this is hard to keep up with.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

http://new.livestream.com/timcast/events/3295551

They've since met each other.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.
Thanks Tim for the oh so professional titshots. :rolleye:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

SporkOfTruth posted:

Thanks Tim for the oh so professional titshots. :rolleye:

Give the people what they want.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

stinkles1112 posted:

Yeah but that's because as an institution, that's what the police are told to do. I'm basically agreeing with you, I just think blame is better laid on 'the police' in a general sense because we can do something about that, as opposed to saying 'that cop' is the dickhead here because that is useless

Edit:

This, basically

Blaming an institution is like a get out of jail free card for all the individual assholes. Don't get me wrong, the institution is also a problem but it doesn't exist without the people who prop it up.

Like for example the whole "malegaze.jpg" thing a few posts above. Dudes focusing on titties is an institution but you won't fix it unless you go after dudes for lookin at titties

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Broken Loose posted:

I don't know; I somehow feel like this would have went differently if they were a pair of black or middle-eastern men, "epic level of balls" be damned.

Yeah, but we've seen plenty of non-minorities getting shot at. Those cops seemed pissed as gently caress when they spotted the girls, but I think the huge camera made them pause.

D_I
Aug 31, 2004
My boss is an ex-cop and he is a legit racist shithead, but he has tons of stories of finding people cracked out with starving babies in the house. Or going to a crime scene and finding a baby shot in the head. If it is your job to deal with stuff like that it is gonna gently caress your head.

Oh and he was also involved in a shooting where he killed a kid after he "grabbed his gun", after knowing the guy, i don't buy it. But hey it got him a promotion.

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013
Tim: I got some water
Other reporter: we got water too

lol nice try Tim.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

D_I posted:

My boss is an ex-cop and he is a legit racist shithead, but he has tons of stories of finding people cracked out with starving babies in the house. Or going to a crime scene and finding a baby shot in the head. If it is your job to deal with stuff like that it is gonna gently caress your head.

you're the best one yet buddy

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Broken Loose posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure if you replaced two pretty white girls with two regular black dudes the cops would have had a totally different reaction.

That said, part of being a good reporter is using whatever tools you're given to get in and scope out a situation. As a black dude, getting interviews in ferguson was way easier for me when it came to building a rapport with my subjects than it would have been if I were white

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

D_I posted:

It's almost as if their job is to deal with the worst aspects of society, how could it not shape your worldview?

Yeah, I'd probably lose my mind if I had to work with cops every day.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

D_I posted:

Yeah we probably shouldn't let people with job-induced PTSD run around with guns and a license to kill.

If they're hosed in the head, the solution is to remove them from the job, not let them brutalize innocents.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
For anyone wondering

https://twitter.com/thementalward is the camera lady

And https://twitter.com/alicesperi/ is doing the direct reporting.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

packsmack posted:

Tim: I got some water
Other reporter: we got water too

lol nice try Tim.

Tim's water: leeched from a fellow streamer while rushing to place you heard about on twitter that might have something you can gawk at, maybe

Ladies' water: given to you in the back of a cop car after they caught behind the lines, but it's cool you got them to talk

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

bassguitarhero posted:

Blaming an institution is like a get out of jail free card for all the individual assholes. Don't get me wrong, the institution is also a problem but it doesn't exist without the people who prop it up.

Like for example the whole "malegaze.jpg" thing a few posts above. Dudes focusing on titties is an institution but you won't fix it unless you go after dudes for lookin at titties

Right but you're also going after the guys who were polite and gave them candy

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I wish the two Vice feeds were in sync so that with both up there wasn't an audio delay between the two.

D_I
Aug 31, 2004

Popular Thug Drink posted:

Yeah we probably shouldn't let people with job-induced PTSD run around with guns and a license to kill.

If they're hosed in the head, the solution is to remove them from the job, not let them brutalize innocents.
Good luck finding anyone else that wants to do the job.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

stinkles1112 posted:

Right but you're also going after the guys who were polite and gave them candy
Well, it seems like after this is all over there will be ample video evidence to tell which specific cops are good at their jobs and which should lose them.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Man this Tim guy seems cool as hall and has major game. He should do something like where he walks down the street in major city's interviewing ladies and having the camera stare at there tits. Like Coffee with Comedians but indie

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well, it seems like after this is all over there will be ample video evidence to tell which specific cops are good at their jobs and which should lose them.

Yeah that is no joke; if there is one thing watching these streams has illuminated for me it's that it is not at all difficult to pick out the assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Haha you think cops are going to lose their jobs over this. That's adorable.

• Locked thread