Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Does Vice do a cliff notes version of there streams on Vice.com so I can go to sleep and catch up with this poo poo tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Fat Lou posted:

They found a prison van of a bunch of black guys yelling they were locked up for nothing. The girls asked Capt Johnson about the people in the van and he basically just turned around and walked away after saying they arrested "7-8 people".

Edit: That was also after he straight up lied about practically every event of the day.

He was one of the good ones :smith:

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

pillsburysoldier posted:

Yeah I know. Was...:(

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

There were a bunch of people in the van, and one dude being strip searched while ziptied.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

This is riveting. Fire everyone at CNN and the NY Times make them all apply to work under these girls in roaming streamer squads or get out of journalism.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fat Lou posted:

They found a prison van of a bunch of black guys yelling they were locked up for nothing. The girls asked Capt Johnson about the people in the van and he basically just turned around and walked away after saying they arrested "7-8 people".

Edit: That was also after he straight up lied about practically every event of the day.

More than that, the girls snuck out of the media pen and straight up lied to a cop's face to get that shot, then defied him when he tried to force them to stop filming.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

pillsburysoldier posted:

Nice reminder that there aren't any good ones.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

I really hope that Vice cuts all of the film into a 2 to 3 hour documentary. It could really work effectively as one, there was so much fantastic reporting, cinematography, and actual loving journalism.

OwlBot 2000
Jun 1, 2009

pillsburysoldier posted:

He's a cop.

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

This is amazing.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
One of MSNBC's reporters said he witnessed the Molotovs that started tonight's events.

D_I
Aug 31, 2004
Any chance this ends this week?

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Gyges posted:

One of MSNBC's reporters said he witnessed the Molotovs that started tonight's events.

For how much coverage this has been getting, you'd think we'd actually see some of these being thrown somewhere but nope.

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

E nvm

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Gyges posted:

..but no video? We have two women on a scooby doo mystery getting pan shots of paddy wagon'd dudes and they didn't get anything on film???.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

D_I posted:

Any chance this ends this week?

If the police arrest the shooter. Otherwise it looks like it's just going to keep going on.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Is the girls' stream down for anyone else?

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.

ShutteredIn posted:

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

TARDISman posted:

yes

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

yes its down

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

TARDISman posted:

Yeah. YouTube says it's still live but it's just a screen with text right now.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

incoherent posted:

drat that bandwidth bill is going to be insane. they're going to have to sell another few do & don't books.

VICE is very successful, Murdoch gave them $70 million recently for a 10% stake of the company.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010

Gyges posted:

Yeah, ill believe it when there is more than one witness or there is video.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Welp we've got about 6 hours worth of tear gas footage but not a second of video of these endless Molotovs being lobbed around.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

ShutteredIn posted:

I kinda feel like just by pure virtue of willingly participating in this police-riot, it automatically invalidates your "good one" status. loving stay home, cops. Quit if necessary. Don't be part of this.

Gyges posted:

Well, one more source to cross off the "believable" list.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Tim probably got some #fourthmeal and went to bed.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

incoherent posted:

..but no video? We have two women on a scooby doo mystery getting pan shots of paddy wagon'd dudes and they didn't get anything on film???.

No idea how apparently none of the inciting incidents got caught on camera. I just know that's what the guy said on MSNBC.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Anyone have any backup streams to watch while we wait for the girls to get back online?

D_I
Aug 31, 2004

Gyges posted:

If the police arrest the shooter. Otherwise it looks like it's just going to keep going on.
Well I doubt that's gonna happen, they're not gonna want it to look like they are caving to an angry mob.

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.
Debate and Discussion: A Nationally Accredited Correctional Institution

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

incoherent posted:

Listen man nobody is gonna free handle a 4k camera or whatever over priced poo poo msnbc uses to film scuttlebutt, the traditional media's weakness was displayed by Al Jazeera America being teargassed with impunity, the press will enjoy their freedom zones set up by police and they will simply repeat back what is told to them.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They past those cops when they were walking away, do you think they got them?

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Gyges posted:

No idea how apparently none of the inciting incidents got caught on camera. I just know that's what the guy said on MSNBC.

I know, I'm not blaming you but in a endless news cycle on the internet y'all need to come correct.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Someone linked Alice's twitter handle before. What was it again?

The Operative
Mar 15, 2012

I'd rather run over you with my car!
https://twitter.com/alicesperi

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Fat Lou posted:

And the one behind the camera is...
https://twitter.com/thementalward

Thank you!

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

And the one behind the camera is...
https://twitter.com/thementalward

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I swear, I legit had some anxiety when those girls snuck out. Watching real people put themselves at risk of arrest so they can film some sketchy poo poo from the cops....that's not something you watch every day.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

D_I posted:

Well I doubt that's gonna happen, they're not gonna want it to look like they are caving to an angry mob.

If they refuse to do anything poo poo is probably going to get real bad. They better release the most compelling and convincing report on how the officer's poo poo smells like roses if they don't do anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

So, did Good Cop basically just loose all the cred he'd gained a few days ago making that speech? I get the feeling the locals are going to go from considering him "One of us" to "Another Pig" after that press conference.

• Locked thread