Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

1-0 Kießling after 1 minute, nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

jfc Kies with his 4th goal after 40 minutes

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

pretty good that kießling guy

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
kießling is pretty good, unlike nürnberg :xd:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

lol Chemnitz might steal this one

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Katana Gomai posted:

lol Chemnitz might steal this one

lol mainz everybody just standing around

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
why is one part of the stadium in chemnitz empty?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
lol mainz in full clowncar mode

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
lol what

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
loving hell i love the cup

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Holy lol Mainz. Crashed out of 2 competitions before the seasons even begun.

Shame Kießling didn't get a 2x hattrick earlier though.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Holy gently caress I feel so loving bad for Frankenfreak. :( What a way to start the season.

loving lol at Mainz though, that was awesome. And there have only been 3 cup games so far!

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Sucks that Mainz lost but that was a great loving game.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
its also good to know with all the things going on around the world that nürnber is still a dumb idiot club for turdface idiots

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

ephex posted:

its also good to know with all the things going on around the world that nürnber is still a dumb idiot club for turdface idiots

It really feels like everything that should rightfully happen to Hamburg happens to Nürnberg instead.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

I'd also join in on the schadenfreude if getting hosed in the cup wasn't a proud St. Pauli tradition. Bet your money on Rathenow imho.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Pand posted:

I'd also join in on the schadenfreude if getting hosed in the cup wasn't a proud St. Pauli tradition. Bet your money on Rathenow imho.

I was going to go to this match to brutally plastic it up for the Rathenow Optiks, but it was already sold out. So now I'll be at Viktoria Berlin vs Eintracht Frankfurt to brutally catch a flare with my face ftw

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Tzen posted:

Sucks that Mainz lost but that was a great loving game.

anywhere i can catch the highlights?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Stuttgart losing to Bochum is pretty lulzy imo

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Yeah, just saw that. Lmao.
Also Hertha, BvB and Hannover setting themselves up for some lols. lol ffs

Pand fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Aug 16, 2014

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Smirr posted:

So now I'll be at Viktoria Berlin vs Eintracht Frankfurt to brutally catch a flare with my face ftw

[in an extremely faggy voice] hmyeah let's have flares and fireworks at a first round cup match against a 4th league club while we're one up, let's do that because we are smart and have big penises. Let's drink ebbelwoi and suck each other off because we are humongous faggots. signed, every single supporter of "SGE"

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Smirr posted:

[in an extremely faggy voice] hmyeah let's have flares and fireworks at a first round cup match against a 4th league club while we're one up, let's do that because we are smart and have big penises. Let's drink ebbelwoi and suck each other off because we are humongous faggots. signed, every single supporter of "SGE"

I too am gay.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

vivisectvnv posted:

anywhere i can catch the highlights?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfbRL3rg_eI

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Smirr posted:

What would be the correct time to light a flare, mr. straight guy? After the other team scores? After the match? Not at all? Not trying to defend Eintracht Frankfurt fans, but I don't see the problem with having a little fun like this.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

In a match like this, not at all. IMO that's just one step above this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0aVDRMq5Fs

which is dumb as gently caress

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

elbkaida posted:

What would be the correct time to light a flare, mr. straight guy?

How about never?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Schipplock with five (5) goals

Hoffenheim, well then

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Götze :getin:

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

lol düsseldorf

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

*drunk drives into the thread in a stanced VW Golf 1997* Is this the league of Lord Bendtner??

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Hegay posted:

*drunk drives into the thread in a stanced VW Golf 1997* Is this the league of Lord Bendtner??

Yes, yes it is.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
I know which team I'm picking to have the highest scorer this season!

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES
Welp, had a lovely trying weekend at Chiemsee Summer Fest, glad to see I didn't miss anything. Good job, Nürnberg!

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
So Schweinsteigers knee apparently has beend dying for the last couple of months knowing this the club decided to sell Kroos.

:negative:

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/18/marco-reus-manchester-united-franz-beckenbauer

quote:

Franz Beckenbauer has risked further inflaming relations with Bayern Munich’s fierce rivals, Borussia Dortmund, by claiming that Marco Reus is likely to leave the Bundesliga club and could join Manchester United next summer.

Reus, 25, is thought to have a release clause of around £20m in his contract that is activated next summer.

Beckenbauer, the Bayern president, is confident the midfielder will depart Dortmund then and that if he does not join his club then the 20-times English champions could be a likely destination.

“I can imagine him at Bayern very well,” he told German newspaper Bild. “If you can get a player of his class, you need to try it.

“I am sure: if he doesn’t go to Bayern in 2015, he will probably go to another big international club such as Real Madrid or Manchester United. Dortmund are unlikely to be able to hold on to him.”

Isn't this rear end in a top hat banned from football for taking bribes like a piece of poo poo

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

lmao senile old Franz thinks Manchester United is still a big international club. Alzheimer's is a hell of a condition.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Please football God, let HSV lose this.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I thought Hamburg wouldn't be quite as bad as last season since they made some sensible transfers.

Shows what I know.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
It's amazing how all those professional football people seem to agree that, of all the football players, Marco Reus could very well play for FCB. Like, a young, very talented offensive midfielder who scores a lot of goals. What could one of the world's most successful football clubs want with him? If only I could comprehend the vast knowledge of people like the Kaiser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Reus is poo poo, he's not even Weltmeister lmao

• Locked thread