Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Just dont level up. Your character's age is directly tied to their level.

Which was kind of hilarious when you rescue your kid sister and you're a craggy white haired mountain of scars and she's what... still 12?

Yeah it was a neat concept, but more fitting to an open world game than a comparatively short one involving your family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

On the other hand, Anniversary actually has controller support and TLC doesn't.

This is actually quite nice, though I guess to be expected since it was released on the Xbox as well. Not that it stopped them from forgetting the gamepad support the first go-around. :v:

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I thought you only aged in fable 1 by using lots of magic or something? If you leveled up completely as an archer/swordsman you stayed young.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Nope, Magic gave you blue flames on your hands and eyes and poo poo. Leveling anything advanced your age. It's just that there were so many things to level in the Magic tree that your impression of it is probably kind of skewed.

Of course, you could always just grind early, amass a ton of gold, and do the donation/quicksave thing during the Archeologist quest to be, uh, forever 21 :v:

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

The only thing to do in Fable 1 is to cast berserk and quicksave and load to be a big buff hulkman forever.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Tecman has problems. :ohdear:

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Aug 18, 2014

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Yeah, but it gets him games, especially when idiots like me end up with a spare copy and MAYBE two people have it wishlisted.

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

"HD re-releases" for PC games that have been "HD" for over a decade now are really lame. They couldn't have just released a widescreen patch for the original game? But then they couldn't get people to buy the same game again for literally no upgrade.

It's actually not necessary in this case -- the version on Steam has a gold rating from WSGF. The only reason to bother with this new version is if you really want gamepad controls, but I thought the original version's mouse + keyboard controls were fine.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

ovaries posted:

It's actually not necessary in this case -- the version on Steam has a gold rating from WSGF. The only reason to bother with this new version is if you really want gamepad controls, but I thought the original version's mouse + keyboard controls were fine.

Some people legitimately think the graphics 'look better' with this release.
:shrug::psypop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00cmlBENCeI
PC vs HD

XBOX vs HD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOCspWstVMw
For the XBOX though, sure, why not. I guess.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Aug 18, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Their eyes look so bugged out!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Drifter posted:

PC vs HD

Fable Anniversary is literally an xbox game that also happened to get a PC release simultaneously because why not. It's the same as Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Sleeping Dogs, pick you example. They don't care about whether it's necessary on PC, it won't stop people from buying it and it's not much extra effort.

Though now that I've thought about it a little, Metro 2033 Redux and Halo Anniversary both have more than simple graphical overhauls.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Hey, so Dishonored is pretty great. Amazing atmosphere and love the fact that the methods to finish missions are only restricted by your imagination and what tools you currently have available. Can't wait until I'm further in and have more methods of causing chaos or silently sneaking past everyone (and then causing chaos!)

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

If I have Left 4 Dead 2, is it worth playing through the first game?

Never played either of them. Is there even still an online community?

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Not at all. All the old Left 4 Dead maps were ported over to L4D2 if memory serves, along with the gameplay additions. So there's zero reason to touch the first one.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mr. Flunchy posted:

There's no story to "play through" and L4D2 has all the L4D1 campaigns in it already.

Yes, L4D2 still has players.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

Fable Anniversary is literally an xbox game that also happened to get a PC release simultaneously because why not. It's the same as Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Sleeping Dogs, pick you example.
Those are some really bad examples, Tomb Raider and Deus Ex have been on PC before the xbox existed. Sleeping Dogs had HD textures DLC available for free at release so I'm rather curious what the re-release is going to contain.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

No they're not? Fable was already better looking on PC than it was on the original Xbox, same as Deus Ex, Tomb Raider, and Sleeping Dogs. Yes, two of those franchises existed before the Xbox did. No, it does not matter or have anything to do with my point. In all cases they're upgrades for the consoles, not the PC. That's why they exist. They get released on PC because none of the big console publishers care about PC, it's easy, and someone somewhere will buy them.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Lemon Curdistan posted:

There's no story to "play through" and L4D2 has all the L4D1 campaigns in it already.

Yes, L4D2 still has players.

djw175 posted:

Not at all. All the old Left 4 Dead maps were ported over to L4D2 if memory serves, along with the gameplay additions. So there's zero reason to touch the first one.

Cheers - good to know!

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Not really, to be honest. All of the L4D1 maps were officially ported to L4D2 during its lifespan and there's even a mutation called "Classic" which alters the gameplay to be exactly that of the original L4D1 if you want to play it like it's the original as well. There's even "Classic Versus" although seriously good luck getting a game of that going with strangers.

L4D2 still has a decent playerbase online, L4D1 declined hard following L4D2's release and in my experience is either pretty much a ghost town or has a select few people who resent L4D2 for one reason or the other still trucking on. There's really no reason to play L4D1 anymore these days because L4D2 by this point is less a sequel and has become like a retroactive expansion pack.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Cheers - good to know!

Well I think they cut out the elevator chat from L4D1, so if you want some LORE/AMBIANCE you could probably just youtube it.

TheCoon
Mar 3, 2009

quote:

@KISSLtd

KISS Ltd are proud to announce that in conjunction with Funbox, we will release Guilty Gear X2 - Reload on Steam on Friday September 5th.

I saw the tweet and thought they were talking about Xrd. :smith:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Helith posted:

Hey, so Dishonored is pretty great. Amazing atmosphere and love the fact that the methods to finish missions are only restricted by your imagination and what tools you currently have available. Can't wait until I'm further in and have more methods of causing chaos or silently sneaking past everyone (and then causing chaos!)
Remember to play the story DLCs later on. They're even better and interwine amazingly with the main plot.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Tecman has problems. :ohdear:

There's someone on my wishlist (maute) that always shows up in my "wants this game" list. After the second gift and 3rd time seeing it I caught on.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I have like 40 games in my wishlist too, but they're so I get an email when they get a sale. I hope people don't think I'm doing it for gifts :(

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

40 is not 100+

and a lot of times you can tell that a person is fishing when they keep adding crap seen in recent bundles.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

tater_salad posted:

40 is not 100+

and a lot of times you can tell that a person is fishing when they keep adding crap seen in recent bundles.

Orrrr they are just adding things to their wishlist to keep track of them for later? You don't seriously believe people are adding games to their wishlist solely in hopes that some random person will gift it to them do you?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Some people might fish, Tecman however is one of the goons in the "insane" category.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop
The great gifting conspiracy of 2014!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I add small games that are interesting to my wish list so that when they inevitably come up in a bundle I remember to buy it.

Don't wishlistshame :(

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

All I'm saying is I've seen someone add games from bundles right away more often than not. They'll ususall be cheapest from a bundle so why not buy them?

Generally though I will keep a mental note of whom I've gifted. Then search for who wants what I've got extras of. If it's only folks I've gifted I'll post in the thread to give someone else the love.

Edit maybe I'm just jaded.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 18, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Zedd posted:

Some people might fish, Tecman however is one of the goons in the "insane" category.

I think Tecman owns 95% of the games on Steam and is probably just wishlisting the 5% he doesn't own yet.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

About The Game posted:

Tired of playing the part of a wannabe hero in RPGs? Bored of helping villagers get rid of the local undead? Why not play as one of those undead for a change?

KEL Reaper of Entropy gives you the chance to control (or at least try to) Kel the Skeleton and choose whether to terrorize or please the villagers. Or both for that matter. The game features unconventional gameplay, heinous methods of gaining victory and a non-existent variety of ways to customize your character. Plus an overdose of twisted humour as a bonus.

Features

* A beautiful 3D fantasy world with delicious poisonous berries to pick up
* A stubborn, crooked protagonist to deal with
* Multiple ways to obliterate your enemies (poison, intrigues, stupid accidents, you name it)
* Unexpected twists and turns to your actions
* An ancient relic (Game Manual) to learn from
* An interview with one of the most beloved characters in the history of games
* DRM free because we love you

In KEL Reaper of Entropy you witness how Kel the Skeleton, the fabled RPG character, rises once more from the dead near a peaceful village in the woods. Together with him you set out to explore said woods and the village, picking up whatever you find useful along the way. Once you meet the villagers, the fun can truly begin! You'll have numerous ways of messing things up, from manipulating villagers to kill each other to using Kel's special skill of cursing to damage their brain.
Or, of course, you could play nice and please everyone in the village, though Kel might object to that.

There are all sorts of unexpected little secrets to discover, 15 amusing achievements to complete and enough twisted humor to go round.

Hmmmmmmmmm

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The achievements sure look amusing.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Hey guys, here's my uhh Steam wishlist if anyone wants to gift me something. Thanks.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAWW/wishlist

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Sounds fun.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

The achievements look a little broken but otherwise looks like it could be a laugh.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It was in one of the groupees build a bundles I think. Pretty sure I bought it. Trip report possibly incoming tonight if I in fact did (and keys are out, which is not guaranteed with bundles lately).

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Jordan7hm posted:

It was in one of the groupees build a bundles I think. Pretty sure I bought it. Trip report possibly incoming tonight if I in fact did (and keys are out, which is not guaranteed with bundles lately).

Looking forward to this.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Well personally, I found Kel to be pretty shallow in how it went about things.

EDIT: Not that the humor is shallow or anything but the gameplay itself is pretty shallow.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Aug 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Drifter posted:

PC vs HD

Fable was such a mishmash of things that didn't go as planned. I would have likes to see Molyneux make it into an MMO where he can randomly drop in crazy ideas in huge patches, then every few years they can bottle a version that didn't suck and sell it.

PM: "Today I am bringing you a never before seen gameplay experience, that will revolutionize the future, and-"
:v:: "You changed the dog into a cat, Peter. It still woofs and everything."

• Locked thread