Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
Okay what are some good games that are very funny/have a sense of humor? I played Portal 1 and 2 and The Stanley Parable already but are there some other good games out that have the same type of humor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

spasticColon posted:

Okay what are some good games that are very funny/have a sense of humor? I played Portal 1 and 2 and The Stanley Parable already but are there some other good games out that have the same type of humor?

What is your tolerance for low fidelity graphics point & click adventure games? Because there is a warehouse full of Sierra and LucasArts games you could go through.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

MrBims posted:

What is your tolerance for low fidelity graphics point & click adventure games? Because there is a warehouse full of Sierra and LucasArts games you could go through.

Low fidelity graphics don't bother me but I haven't played any point and click adventure games unless The Stanley Parable counts as one. I played Ghost Trick too so does that count?

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Yup. Factorio is awesome. Thanks for the hint.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

spasticColon posted:

It's a real dead horse of a suggestion but have you played Psychonauts?

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Whats the closest there is to Medieval fallout 2? I couldn't get into the Avernum series for some reason, which i think would be the obvious answer. Darklands maybe but i couldn't get into that either.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

canada jezus posted:

Whats the closest there is to Medieval fallout 2? I couldn't get into the Avernum series for some reason, which i think would be the obvious answer. Darklands maybe but i couldn't get into that either.

What about Fallout 2 are you looking for?

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Oh sorry, i guess the free wandering, random encouters to grind if you wanna get super rich, the sequence breaking to get super strong. The lots of quest/story to discover. Mostly the freedom and also the fact that its really hard to screw up your character. Running to navarro to get power amor and a super sledge and then just grinding random cave enouncter to get more money that is available at merchants. Idk i love it. Then you take you powerful dude and go plough through some story content.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
It's not really medieval, but Arcanum is basically Fallout 2 in a steampunk universe. It's very good, and meets pretty much all your requirements except the medieval thing.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Any good crime/drug dealing games? Particularly strategy or sim, but I remember a FPS a long long time ago that was like life of crime or something...all I really remember is that you could whack people with pipes. I want to forge a criminal empire from the comfort of my living room.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

BeefThief posted:

Any good crime/drug dealing games? Particularly strategy or sim, but I remember a FPS a long long time ago that was like life of crime or something...all I really remember is that you could whack people with pipes. I want to forge a criminal empire from the comfort of my living room.

I believe you're thinking of Kingpin. Don't remember it being any good, but yeah.

I remember a game called Constructor that was a city-building game with a crime/extortion focus. I think it got an expansion or something that was even more focused on mob-style antics.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

canada jezus posted:

Pretty much the definition of Lionheart. It uses the SPECIAL system but eh, it's not a very good game.

I haven't played it yet but Inquisitor is also up there and has the same lukewarm response. You're definitely not going to find anything like Fallout that's as good as Fallout although Arcanum is a good suggestion.

BeefThief posted:

Gangsters.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

BeefThief posted:

I remember getting Gangsters way back. It's not easy to play, the learning curve is pretty rough but it is a good gangster game and I have it currently installed. Mob Rule/Constructor are tongue-in-cheek but still fit what you're asking for.

Crime Fighter is another one if you don't mind primitive graphics. I know it sounds like the OPPOSITE of what you're asking but you play a criminal. http://www.pssoft.de/english/index.html

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Leper Residue posted:

It's not really medieval, but Arcanum is basically Fallout 2 in a steampunk universe. It's very good, and meets pretty much all your requirements except the medieval thing.
I dunno, just calling Arcanum steampunk doesn't quite do it justice imo, what with all the fantasy elements there as well. It's a pretty unique setting.
At any rate, definitely recommended.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Chinook posted:

Some people like these. A lot like Myst from the little I played:
http://www.rhem-game.com/

That was exactly what I needed, thank you.

Mantari
May 8, 2005
:D
Lipstick Apathy
I want to get more games that are fun, easy, local co-op for PC with controller support.

We played LEGO Batman 2 today and it was loving dope, I will get more LEGO games because this one is just really well done, I want more games like this but with 3 and 4 players.

I think I remember the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games being pretty good but we dont wanna be loving around with stats and inventory management, just good fighting maybe some puzzles and those cool mini-games that change the play style to shooting out of a moving vehicle like in GTA san andreas.
Basically console style local co-op but on PC with controllers.

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007

Turtlicious posted:

I kind of want to play a first person shooter that's procedurally generated and has a lot of cool skills to pick up. What do you guys have?

E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy, if you can deal with Source Engine. I'm not sure if it's procedurally generated but it has open levels and random enemies and stuff.

NovaLion posted:

I have two requests I'd love to get some help with.

First, I'm trying to find a coop game for my wife and I. We have PS3 and a 360 we'd like to stick with (big hd tv is more fun than separate pc's). We've played through Dungeon Siege 3 and Dragon Crown. Both of those were good picks for us. She doesn't really enjoy FPS's and vs. type games aren't her thing either.

Second, I've been on an RPG kick lately. My favorites have been the Mass Effect series, Kotor 1/2, stuff like that. Any ideas where I could go from here?

Diablo 3? Surprised nobody else said it. Saw someone mention Sacred 2 when D3 is, imho, better in every way.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

spasticColon posted:

Jazzpunk, but wait for it to go on sale.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

spasticColon posted:

Low fidelity graphics don't bother me but I haven't played any point and click adventure games unless The Stanley Parable counts as one. I played Ghost Trick too so does that count?

Monkey Island. All of the series except the 4th (Escape From Monkey Island.) The first two have excellent modern remakes while Curse of Monkey Island (the 3rd) has really nice hand drawn art that still holds up today.

And they're a great way to cut your teeth in adventure games because unlike the sierra ones they lack bullshit puzzles that kill you and situations you can be permanently screwed just because you missed an item a few hours earlier.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mokinokaro posted:

Monkey Island. All of the series except the 4th (Escape From Monkey Island.) The first two have excellent modern remakes while Curse of Monkey Island (the 3rd) has really nice hand drawn art that still holds up today.

There's also presently no legitimate way to get ahold of a digital copy of Curse of Monkey Island. In a good and just world, Disney would just dump the entire LucasArts back catalogue on Steam and be done with it. :sigh:

badCombina
Jun 6, 2013

You're the DJ of this gig!
I want a motherflippin cozy sim game again, like the first The sims, RCT, Theme Hospital etc.

Any ideas?

AgentCow007
May 20, 2004
TITLE TEXT

spasticColon posted:

Defense Grid and Thomas Was Alone both have that sort of narration style and are pretty good. I also found Papers, Please to be pretty funny.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Any games like Earth and Beyond? I've been playing on the emulated server but wondering if I should be playing something else. Can be single player, just looking for a space game that's simple to learn.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

vrklgn posted:

I want a motherflippin cozy sim game again, like the first The sims, RCT, Theme Hospital etc.

Any ideas?

Banished or Prison Architect

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

I'm looking for something I can play on my android tablet while I'm on the treadmill. Hopefully something that doesn't require constant control or precision, preferably that can be played muted as I prefer to not wear headphones.

It needs to be playable with either the touchscreen or one half of a MOGA controller.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want a First Person Shooter that has really good movement and skill stuff. Like I want to set traps, teleport around, and gently caress people up. Not Dishonored though, because I've already played that.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Turtlicious posted:

I want a First Person Shooter that has really good movement and skill stuff. Like I want to set traps, teleport around, and gently caress people up. Not Dishonored though, because I've already played that.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution has a lot of fun skills to mess around with. You can't teleport, but you can turn invisible, deploy mines, punch through walls, and throw refrigerators at people. Both of the Dishonored DLCs are also pretty good, in case you haven't played those yet.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

Crysis 2 or 3.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I want to play something as stupid fun as Bulletstorm was.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Nevvy Z posted:

Sorry to repeat myself in such a short time (since last page), but:
The recent Shadow Warrior remake. It doesn't have the gimmicky skill shot system, but it does have a very satisfying sword and poo poo-tons of mayhem and explosions. Like, almost every piece of scenery you shoot at explodes. And I repeat, the sword is really fun to use. Also the protagonist is such a massive dork. Also there are cute bunny rabits you can shoot. But don't shoot too many of them, OR ELSE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmJIgRMjHWs

Nordick fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Aug 18, 2014

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
What's a good city building game I can play on my iPhone? Doesn't necessarily have to be cities; something like transport tycoon is good too (I already have that). It's so hard to find anything that isn't full of bullshit timers and premium currency F2P crap. I just want a building game that plays like a normal PC game.

Rahzmataz
Apr 29, 2013
So i've got an itch for a game, but the problem is i'm not sure if that game actually exists. What i'm after is a game where the objective is to build some sort of base/fort/etc to survive some sort of event, a zombie outbreak or something similar. Something where the fort you're in needs constant repairs, plus other worries like food, water, ammunition, and so on. Maybe some sort of mechanic whereby the threat is only really present at night?
Does anyone know of game like this? I'm thinking something half way between Minecraft and DayZ.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
State of Decay is the closest I can think of. A big part of the game is managing your survivor camp and keeping it supplied. There's no freeform building though you build upgrades on plots.

Rahzmataz
Apr 29, 2013
State of Decay is pretty close to what i'm after, but not quite on target. Good suggestion, though.

I think I may have to just wait and hope something comes along. Any idea what sort of state The Forest is in?

benloran
Aug 26, 2009

Rimworld sort of meets those requirements, kind of, maybe.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Seejay posted:

So i've got an itch for a game, but the problem is i'm not sure if that game actually exists. What i'm after is a game where the objective is to build some sort of base/fort/etc to survive some sort of event, a zombie outbreak or something similar. Something where the fort you're in needs constant repairs, plus other worries like food, water, ammunition, and so on. Maybe some sort of mechanic whereby the threat is only really present at night?
Does anyone know of game like this? I'm thinking something half way between Minecraft and DayZ.

Zafehouse: Diaries

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Nevvy Z posted:

Farcry 3: Blood Dragon.

Mark IV Style, Motherfucker. :jihad:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

VelociBacon posted:

Crysis 2 or 3.

Seconding Crysis 2, that game made me feel like the Predator. I never played 3, it might be just as good at the same shtick.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Seejay posted:

Maybe take a look at Project Zomboid (still in Early Access), and Rebuild (the third one is out early access on Steam, and the first two are free, I think.)

I haven't played Zomboid but I've played the first 2 Rebuild games and they are fun. I think you might enjoy them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

The Cheshire Cat posted:

What's a good city building game I can play on my iPhone? Doesn't necessarily have to be cities; something like transport tycoon is good too (I already have that). It's so hard to find anything that isn't full of bullshit timers and premium currency F2P crap. I just want a building game that plays like a normal PC game.

I've been looking for this for a long time. As far as I know you are poo poo out of luck.