Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Viking has a lot of local lads in their squad. It doesnt help their performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
That was abysmal :suicide:

One thing is for sure, if we play like that on sunday it's an easy 3 points for Enga :smith:

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!

Max Manus posted:

That was abysmal :suicide:

One thing is for sure, if we play like that on sunday it's an easy 3 points for Enga :smith:

:D

One of the little yellow ones just started in my team at work, so I get double enjoyment if that happens as he's been a bit lippy.

Stomp stomp stomp on a bird....

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Wasn't watching but looks like Chiqui debuted with a goal

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Kåre Ingebrigtsen is making me miss Perry.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
Fffffffffffffffffffffffffuck football!

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Slaapaav posted:

Tippeligaen would be better if it was more norwegian players. I hate the fact that 0 people from the trøndelag region are playing for Rosenborg. I have literally 0 interest in watching a bunch of swedes and danish people run around on a pitch calling themselves Rosenborg, if i want mercenary oval office fotball then i can watch a bigger european league.

Welcome to every team in every sport in every league except Athletic Bilbao and the Montreal Canadiens in the 60s.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
Good grief....

The FNG at work sounds is such a stereotypical canary it's not even funny. Every argument he's had all drat day has been a variant of something in a fanzine circa 1998. "We're the more historically strong and influential team, we were the main contenders during the 90's, we don't have the rich uncles and we don't have our fanbase in Odalen and Hadeland..." Add in the good old nicknames like "pENGA", "Søpla" and "Bydelslaget" and it's like I'm back on VGD.

At least Max Manus isn't that bad. Could you please teach your fellow yellows some new arguments?

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
Feels good man :getin:

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
So if Molde take the double this year, does that mean there's Euro opportunities for 4th place? I always forget how that stuff gets sorted out.

Maybe we won't need to catch up to any of those much better teams!

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage
I quite liked this round of football. It was nice.

The No! Team
Jan 6, 2012

Lurgy posted:

So if Molde take the double this year, does that mean there's Euro opportunities for 4th place? I always forget how that stuff gets sorted out.

Maybe we won't need to catch up to any of those much better teams!

Yes, it'll go to number 4 in league if the winner of the cup is already qualified. Also, the fair play spot goes to the team most likely to implode. I think that's how they're chosen.

Does this mean you'll be cheering for Molde in the cup?

The No! Team fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Aug 18, 2014

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

In case anyone missed Pedersen's goal.

https://twitter.com/PolarBro/status/501070691710803968/photo/1

:getin:

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game

The No! Team posted:

Yes, it'll go to number 4 in league if the winner of the cup is already qualified. Also, the fair play spot goes to the team most likely to implode. I think that's how they're chosen.

Does this mean you'll be cheering for Molde in the cup?
Well we still need to get 4th for that to matter. And I dont think Molde need a lot of cheering. Them and Odd in separate semifinals, feel rather confident that one of them will take it (even despite THE MAGIC of the cup)

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
Not again....

This loving league, man!

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Yeah gently caress this league. You guys can have it.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
gently caress everything.

Can't even win against loving Brann at home.

I can't believe I was optimistic at some point of this season.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Søderlunds goal tally would look decent if it wasn't for that icelandic fellow.

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
Well, that was a loving steal. But three points, I'll take it :getin:

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I think we'll be safe with 30 points, we should be able to pick up 5 points during the rest of the season.

However, we're going to play VIF, Rosenborg, Godset, Molde, Stabæk and Odd (in that order) during the next weeks and I predict that we're going to pick up exactly 0 points and after that we're playing Brann which might turn into a relegation fight so I don't feel too good about this at all.

Ulf are doomed though, and I think Sogndal will go down with them.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

The likely centre back pairing against Molde for Brann will be Hanstveit and Grønner, seen posing together in this picture:

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

lol owned VIF :cool:

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
Three new points :getin:

EDIT: Bollocks! Fourth place it is...

Max Manus fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Aug 31, 2014

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Molde is a very good team.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!

euroboy posted:

lol owned VIF :cool:

I hate you....

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2014/09/03/experiencing-a-norwegian-soccer-match-brann-vs-molde/

Some American who went to see Brann - Molde live writes a few words about it.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Søderlund out for 4-6 weeks. I guess this is where Malec proves he's worthy of the buy option.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Rosenborgers, get ready to be Trond Olsend again :cool:

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Vålerenga - FK Haugesund on Sunday. Hopefully we'll win this one. Grindheim, one of our best players this season, is out. I hope that Rekdal starts with Stengel in the middle together with Heltne-Nilsen and Zahid. My fears is that he thinks Berre is good enough to start.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

azathosk posted:

Vålerenga - FK Haugesund on Sunday. Hopefully we'll win this one. Grindheim, one of our best players this season, is out. I hope that Rekdal starts with Stengel in the middle together with Heltne-Nilsen and Zahid. My fears is that he thinks Berre is good enough to start.

If you're old enough, you're good enough. Therefore Berre is the best, alongside Frode Johnsen.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
What is going on at Marienlyst? :stare:

e: :toot:

Zwachro fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 13, 2014

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Zwachro posted:

What is going on at Marienlyst? :stare:

e: :toot:

Huseklepp magic :twisted:

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
I am liking this thing we've started doing where, when we're defending a lead and concede a goal, we go score another goal instead of running around like headless chickens until we lose the match. Contrast the LSK match to this one and the one against RBK.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

I am liking this thing where we score goals and win matches. Contrast to most of the season.

Can't believe that meeting RBK, VIF, Molde and Godset has netted us 7 points, I didn't believe we'd get a single point from that set of matches beforehand.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Brann, you're doing it wrong. You are supposed to get relegated this season.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
How about that? We scored enough to win and still actually WON a thing!

:D

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
So loving close to getting a point there against Molde.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

azathosk posted:

Brann, you're doing it wrong. You are supposed to get relegated this season.
Hey you actually did something right for once and helped us do it wrong!

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
The table as it stands right now:
code:
1	Molde		23	17	5	1	52-18	56
2	Odd		23	14	6	3	40-21	48
3	Rosenborg	23	12	6	5	47-37	42
4	Lillestrøm	23	10	7	6	36-25	37
5	Strømsgodset	23	11	4	8	35-33	37
6	Vålerenga	23	9	9	5	51-39	36
7	Viking		23	7	11	5	35-31	32
8	Stabæk		23	9	3	11	37-45	30
9	Sarpsborg 08	23	7	8	8	31-39	29
10	Bodø/Glimt	23	8	4	11	35-42	28
11	Aalesund	23	6	7	10	25-30	25
12	Start		23	7	4	12	36-48	25
13	Brann		23	6	4	13	32-40	22
14	Haugesund	23	5	6	12	30-38	21
15	Sogndal		23	5	6	12	24-37	21
16	Sandnes Ulf	23	2	8	13	18-41	14
Brann finally got away from the relegation zone. I hope they return. Viking joined the "will not get relegated" group and Sandnes Ulf seems lost. Molde, Odd and Rosenborg will probably take the top three although it is a close race with only six points between RBK (3rd) and VIF (6th).

Hopefully we'll get the three points against Molde on Saturday, but I don't think so. The defense isn't good enough and we don't have any central defenders with speed. But we do have Kjartansson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Not even Chiqui can save Sandness, it seems.

• Locked thread