Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dynamic Cloth Technology
This poll is closed.
Dynamic 18 18.56%
Cloth 58 59.79%
Technology 21 21.65%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Based on the box art, it seems like the PS3/X360 versions might keep EASHL/GMC, but they'll lose out on the fancy new pre-game presentations and commentary.

Which would you rather have???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Like if I can't get drunk and yell at people on the mic during ESHL why am I even living life?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Ginette Reno posted:

Like if I can't get drunk and yell at people on the mic during ESHL why am I even living life?

Seriously. I gauge my functional alcoholism on this game.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

eXXon posted:

Based on the box art, it seems like the PS3/X360 versions might keep EASHL/GMC, but they'll lose out on the fancy new pre-game presentations and commentary.

You mean the cutscenes that everyone skips after game 1 and the commentary that gets old after game one?

I'll take qc420dangles EASHL team, thanks.

BrokenCycle
Nov 15, 2004

A Rough Job, But...

eXXon posted:

I would rather have the version where I can press instant replay and place my camera on the inside of a jersey and see skin.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Ugh, what the hell have they done?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
It's a bit dismaying reading operation sports first take on the game too. Out of I believe three writers only one wasn't so impressed. The others were very much, "WOW THIS EXTRA YEAR OFF REALLY MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE!"

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

soggybagel posted:

It's a bit dismaying reading operation sports first take on the game too. Out of I believe three writers only one wasn't so impressed. The others were very much, "WOW THIS EXTRA YEAR OFF REALLY MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE!"

Pretty sure thats just gaming journalism in general. Those guys are quite often paid to write good things even if it caused them to vomit uncontrollably while playing the game because it was just that bad. Half of the time you can tell they never even took it out of the box.

Just look at past EA "successes" like SimCity if you want to see the trend.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

The dynamic cloth technology is such a mother loving joke. Someone was paid to code this poo poo in? Are they on crack?

If you haven't seen the previews yet, just watch this:

This is an exact representation of what dynamic cloth technology looks like in the game.

I'm not even making GBS threads you that is exactly how it looks in the game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Who the gently caress is Rammer?

Ginette Reno posted:

Well I'm glad I didn't shell out 400 for an xbox one if 15 isn't gonna have ESHL. Good lord would that be a dumb decision by EA.

I hope the regular xbox version of 15 still has ESHL, or I won't be buying it. It's the only reason I play it. No matter how little improvements they do or what stupid poo poo they add, ESHL is just so much fun that it's usually worth the 60$ anyways.

Well you probably shouldn't do that anyway because the Xbox One sucks.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Well you probably shouldn't do that anyway because the Xbox One sucks.

I wouldn't really consider it. Not until it becomes cheaper. I'm perfectly happy with the 360 and only having to shell out 60$ a year + gold for my EASHL habit. The only reason at all an XBOX one would be appealing to me is that I play in competitive leagues for EASHL and some of them will probably be moving to the xbox one. That's not a good enough reason for me to shell out 400$ though, much as I love playing in those leagues. There will always be xbox 360 leagues until they stop making NHL for it.

EASHL really is a gently caress load of fun even as flawed as EA's game mechanics can be. It's the most fun I've ever had in a hockey video game. If EA really does not put it in the xbox one version they're fuckin' retarded. There will be a LOT of pissed off people.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

Pretty sure thats just gaming journalism in general. Those guys are quite often paid to write good things even if it caused them to vomit uncontrollably while playing the game because it was just that bad. Half of the time you can tell they never even took it out of the box.

There's also enough stories out there of game reviewers who lost their job for slamming lovely games that it's almost a guarantee that the ones who want a steady paycheck will never do anything to rock the boat.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008

Ginette Reno posted:

EASHL really is a gently caress load of fun even as flawed as EA's game mechanics can be. It's the most fun I've ever had in a hockey video game.

If only you could experience our club.

We have a total of 15,457 penalty minutes, each one usually gets 10 or so seconds of laughing over the headsets. 37,204 hits too, most of them similar to Steve Downie Vs. Dean McAmmond. Somehow we're over .500

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

EASHL is the only reason I've bought the game since they put it in.. I skipped 2014 because it looked like butt, but bought the previous three years. It's not good hockey or even real hockey, but it is hilarious fun especially if you get into a game with friends.

Mostly because I find the classic single player mode where you always control the player with the puck to be a boring way to play, I've never really liked it.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

The Rev posted:

If only you could experience our club.

We have a total of 15,457 penalty minutes, each one usually gets 10 or so seconds of laughing over the headsets. 37,204 hits too, most of them similar to Steve Downie Vs. Dean McAmmond. Somehow we're over .500

Yeah I've played with the SA club before. It's a uh interesting brand of hockey.

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!

Ginette Reno posted:

Yeah I've played with the SA club before. It's a uh interesting brand of hockey.

I think over on the PS3 side, where Rev and I play, things are a bit different from the XB side. Not sure what gives me that impression.

Edit: a truly staggering proportion of those penalty minutes and downey-esque hits come from our pet Franco-canadian. It's not like we are stone cold killers as a rule.

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~

LegioPraetoria posted:

I think over on the PS3 side, where Rev and I play, things are a bit different from the XB side. Not sure what gives me that impression.

Edit: a truly staggering proportion of those penalty minutes and downey-esque hits come from our pet Franco-canadian. It's not like we are stone cold killers as a rule.

Those of us on the Xbox side have a very particular style of play.

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!
I'd call that more of a group psychosis than a style of play.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

LegioPraetoria posted:

I'd call that more of a group psychosis than a style of play.

SHUT UP OR I'LL CUT YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I was curious to hear Doc and Eddie's commentary and...it's not as impressive as I thought it would be. Doc sounds robotic, as he was in the Gretzky game, whereas Thorne's dialogue sounds more "organic" somehow.

Oglogoth posted:

Those of us on the Xbox side have a very particular style of play.

Is there a highlight package on YouTube that somebody's compiled, because god drat.

I thought getting a two-minute unlimited 5-on-3 in Be a GM because of overlapping 5 minute majors was crazy, but 9:00 of PK time?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is there a highlight package on YouTube that somebody's compiled, because god drat.

I thought getting a two-minute unlimited 5-on-3 in Be a GM because of overlapping 5 minute majors was crazy, but 9:00 of PK time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNtXHYgtTts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Oc3MKCvHI

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
EASHL will still be in this year's current gen versions, only now to play you need to buy Ultimate Team Packs and can only play as players in your collections, and all players will be on single game contracts so even if you finally draw a half decent player, he's gone the next game so you're back to using some scrub from a German league instead.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Better than any of the slow-mo, sensitive music, fake camera angle poo poo EA PR had ever put out :allears;

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

xzzy posted:

There's also enough stories out there of game reviewers who lost their job for slamming lovely games that it's almost a guarantee that the ones who want a steady paycheck will never do anything to rock the boat.

You mean one? And the site he owns currently employs Microsoft apologist Patrick Klepeck?

I never played EASHL, as long as Be A GM is in, I'm happy.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Apparently a Stars av makes you FYGM this year.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
As long as this game has 1p vs 1cpu goalie practice mode I'm happy!

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Pleads posted:

Apparently a Stars av makes you FYGM this year.

I guess this is true.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Duke Chin posted:

As long as this game has 1p vs 1cpu goalie practice mode I'm happy!

same

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Chairman Wao posted:

You mean one? And the site he owns currently employs Microsoft apologist Patrick Klepeck?

I never played EASHL, as long as Be A GM is in, I'm happy.

Microsoft Apologist? .....sure.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
If there's no EASHL, I'll literally be able to go on a 1-2 week vacation with all the money I save from having to buy a PS4, NHL15 and all the weed and liquor required to play OTP.

I started at NHL11 and since then, haven't played a minute of sober OTP.

It's obvious that EA made a decision for the health and welfare of it's customers.

cname fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Aug 18, 2014

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Even though I actually don't like EASHL that much because it really does nothing to stop blatant cheaters and has remarkably piss poor matchmaking, it was the reason I got the game and I shan't get this one.

(Remember when we could all hack our profiles to be Legend 3 immediately and combat the other cheaters? Good times.)

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
There's no EASHL cheevos on Xbox One...

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
We used that extra year to have jerseys. COOL!

E: RAMMER MUST PAY!

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Aug 18, 2014

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that office right now.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Twitters trending hashtags are partially based on who you follow and what you tweet about.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Twitters trending hashtags are partially based on who you follow and what you tweet about.

Hey. Shut up. Let us have something. <:mad:>

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Oh yeah? Explain why CNN has been interviewing outraged fans on the streets, then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehkb2lJb76M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Pleads posted:

Oh yeah? Explain why CNN has been interviewing outraged fans on the streets, then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehkb2lJb76M

:allears: ahhahaha :allears:

• Locked thread