Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Deulofeu isn't that good and if he played anywhere outside of England last year you wouldn't even care, Byolante.

He's talented but that's not enough for this team. I'd have him at Milan though :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Seems like loaning out Deulofeu is exactly what Barca should be doing.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I saw Deulofeu play once and he was kind of a garbageman and I call him a hgh using bitch

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

Deulofeu isn't that good and if he played anywhere outside of England last year you wouldn't even care, Byolante.

He's talented but that's not enough for this team. I'd have him at Milan though :v:

Actually he's really good and you don't know what you're talking about

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Byolante posted:

He would have more of a chance of playing the'barcelona way' if they hadn't decided to just loan him out to whoever would take him. Its yet more comically terrible mismanagement which exemplifies modern day barcelona.
Good god.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Gigi Galli posted:

He only cares because he gets super obsessive about a few clubs and posts about how much he hates them non stop ftw

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Duncan Sperguson posted:

Actually he's really good and you don't know what you're talking about

I'm gonna need some advanced stats.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Barcelona's problem is that they don't think Deulofeu is the type of player they want him to be and yet rather than work with him they're fobbing him off in his formative years to whatever club will take him and praying they do the job for them. This is the Chelsea strategy of youth development and they will definitely just end up selling Deulofeu in the next couple years if this carries on, which would be a mistake because he's incredibly talented. It's almost as if they're forgetting he's still only 20.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

blue footed boobie posted:

Seems like loaning out Deulofeu is exactly what Barca should be doing.
It doesn't really matter. Either option means Barca are some major fail.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

tbp posted:

He only cares because he gets super obsessive about a few clubs and posts about how much he hates them non stop ftw

In particular I think it's because Stoke have an ex-Barcelona youth centre back

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Duncan Sperguson posted:

In particular I think it's because Stoke have an ex-Barcelona youth centre back

Also a ex barcelona forward!

edit: So what you are saying Suqit is Messi doesn't like him?

Byolante fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Aug 18, 2014

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Duncan Sperguson posted:

Barcelona's problem is that they don't think Deulofeu is the type of player they want him to be and yet rather than work with him they're fobbing him off in his formative years to whatever club will take him and praying they do the job for them. This is the Chelsea strategy of youth development and they will definitely just end up selling Deulofeu in the next couple years if this carries on, which would be a mistake because he's incredibly talented. It's almost as if they're forgetting he's still only 20.

It's almost like you're forgetting they've been working with him for like 7 ears already and he won't change. You're also forgetting there are lots of other incredibly talented players at Barcelona that do play the way they want already.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Suqit posted:

It's almost like you're forgetting they've been working with him for like 7 ears already and he won't change. You're also forgetting there are lots of other incredibly talented players at Barcelona that do play the way they want already.

Thanks for exemplifying the exact type of retarded thinking I'm talking about. 'He's 20 years old and he's not perfect yet? gently caress him!'

And the players at Barcelona that 'do play the way they want' are either older than him or not as good.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
Why is playing every week for Sevilla supposed to be worse for development than being on the bench behind Neymar, Messi and Suarez? Barcelona loaned another of their youth stars to Sevilla this year, Denis Suarez. They probably think playing a lot for a good club is better than Barca B matches.

Deulofeu's problem is overdribbling/not passing to better positioned teammates. If he has the brain to eventually succeed at Barcelona he should be able to work on his flaws while at Sevilla, 'he'd develop to be world-class but only if he routinely watches match film with Luis Enrique this season' or whatever logic, is short-sighted

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

ragle posted:

Why is playing every week for Sevilla supposed to be worse for development than being on the bench behind Neymar, Messi and Suarez? Barcelona loaned another of their youth stars to Sevilla this year, Denis Suarez. They probably think playing a lot for a good club is better than Barca B matches.

Deulofeu's problem is overdribbling/not passing to better positioned teammates. If he has the brain to eventually succeed at Barcelona he should be able to work on his flaws while at Sevilla, 'he'd develop to be world-class but only if he routinely watches match film with Luis Enrique this season' or whatever logic, is short-sighted

The contention is that Barcelona's argument hasn't been that he needs experience or game time but that he doesn't fit into their philosophy, so logically why on Earth would the way to solve this issue be to send him to other teams?

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

To me, such an action is an admission that they've given up on trying to train him themselves, which is what I've been arguing is short-sighted and dumb because this only leads to Deulofeu leaving Barcelona and imo that would be bad for Barcelona in the long term

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Duncan Sperguson posted:

To me, such an action is an admission that they've given up on trying to train him themselves, which is what I've been arguing is short-sighted and dumb because this only leads to Deulofeu leaving Barcelona and imo that would be bad for Barcelona in the long term

He won't see the light of day for years anyway might as well let the kid start a career elsewhere

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Deulofeu is a poor mans Jese

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Duncan Sperguson posted:

The contention is that Barcelona's argument hasn't been that he needs experience or game time but that he doesn't fit into their philosophy, so logically why on Earth would the way to solve this issue be to send him to other teams?
Because the alternative is benching some kid who will play a bit part at best and will probably still refuse to utilize his teammates. Doesn't seem like a particularly useful season for his development.

There seems to be a lot of good faith in Deulofeu here and I'm not really sure why. For all we know he simply doesn't give a poo poo about managers instruction and has a terrible attitude in training etc. Either way, he's not so special that he deserves extra time for things that other youth players grasped long ago. He's a very exciting prospect but he must be loving infuriating to play with.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Funny though, how Barca are loaning him out because he won't get with the metaphorical program.

Could it be?

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

8raz posted:

Because the alternative is benching some kid who will play a bit part at best and will probably still refuse to utilize his teammates. Doesn't seem like a particularly useful season for his development.

This depends what development you think he needs. If Barcelona feel the issue is that he doesn't work hard enough for the team, how do you go about solving that problem? Their solution seems to be send him away and hope he matures, they did the same thing last season, did it not work? Why expect this time to be any different? It's obviously not the amount of first team football he's getting holding back his development, and they haven't intimated that it is. If they truly believe that if they keep him and bring him regularly off the bench he will still never learn to mentally be the player they want (which I think is absurd because you can't possibly know that at his age), then why keep him at all?

Conjecture, but this says to me that like some of the Barcelona fans in this thread they've given up on him being a Barcelona player. They're loaning him out not for his development but because, in the way Chelsea have done in recent years, if he gets regular football in a highly visible European league, his transfer value will go up for when they inevitably sell him, rather than if they kept him playing for Barcelona B while giving themselves a much better chance of moulding the player they want out of someone who could potentially be a superstar.

The other point you made about good faith is neither here nor there because you could easily make bad faith arguments about the unfounded points you made about his training attitude and whatever, who knows? Martinez never once complained about him, that's all I know.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
We talking about the Gamper friendly here? Because Suarez is gonna play 2nd half.

Rakitic is already looking nice. And Neymar and Messi combined to score in the 2nd minute.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
Luis Enrique is an awful manager and I can't wait for Barcelona to finish sixth.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
20 isn't that young either. Obviously he will develop a lot more as a player over his career but he's not an infant. People are about to graduate university at that age.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Ravel posted:

20 isn't that young either. Obviously he will develop a lot more as a player over his career but he's not an infant. People are about to graduate university at that age.

I'm not sure if being old enough to be a Uni grad is a particularly good indicator of maturity

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Barca 3-0 Leon

Two Neymar one Messi

Looking good so far

La Quinta is coming

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Duncan, are you sure you just don't want him back? Maybe he's just better fit at Everton right now.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Duncan Sperguson posted:

This depends what development you think he needs. If Barcelona feel the issue is that he doesn't work hard enough for the team, how do you go about solving that problem? Their solution seems to be send him away and hope he matures, they did the same thing last season, did it not work? Why expect this time to be any different? It's obviously not the amount of first team football he's getting holding back his development, and they haven't intimated that it is. If they truly believe that if they keep him and bring him regularly off the bench he will still never learn to mentally be the player they want (which I think is absurd because you can't possibly know that at his age), then why keep him at all?

Conjecture, but this says to me that like some of the Barcelona fans in this thread they've given up on him being a Barcelona player. They're loaning him out not for his development but because, in the way Chelsea have done in recent years, if he gets regular football in a highly visible European league, his transfer value will go up for when they inevitably sell him, rather than if they kept him playing for Barcelona B while giving themselves a much better chance of moulding the player they want out of someone who could potentially be a superstar.

The other point you made about good faith is neither here nor there because you could easily make bad faith arguments about the unfounded points you made about his training attitude and whatever, who knows? Martinez never once complained about him, that's all I know.
That's what I'm getting at. I'm not presenting speculation as fact or drawing any conclusions from it. But it's a possibility we must consider. Compare that to the arguments on this very page that assume, with no hesitation, that Barca aren't teaching him properly or mismanaging him. This line of reasoning is incredibly troublesome for obvious reasons *cut to oil painting of la masia* but it also absolves the player of any responsibility. They've been developing him since he was 9 years old and they're STILL having trouble getting him to play with the rest of the team? Something doesn't seem right IMO.

I'm not quite sure how to solve the problem. Clearly there's an issue between what Barca want from him and what he does but anything other than that is speculation. For all we know they could have said to him "look, this is your last chance to go and get some playing time with a team and show us that you're capable of adapting your game". Maybe they are looking to offload him at the end of the seasons as you mentioned.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

I think it's a shame because he is boss and yes Tychan I would love it just love it if we got Gerry back

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
This Munir guy has had a great pre season

Looking like the next Pedro

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

theres a friendly thread...

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3651791

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Ravel posted:

There is a massive change in a mans body from like 20 to when he peaks, not to mention the mental aspects

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Munir might just be the real deal imo

Really excited about that guy

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Where do you think he will be loaned out to?

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

African AIDS cum posted:

There is a massive change in a mans body from like 20 to when he peaks, not to mention the mental aspects

Right but it's not his fitness or strength that's the problem, it's his ability to adopt their system. At 20 he's mentally capable of understanding what his coaches want, he just refuses to do it.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Ravel posted:

Right but it's not his fitness or strength that's the problem, it's his ability to adopt their system. At 20 he's mentally capable of understanding what his coaches want, he just refuses to do it.

I don't think it's possible to be more wrong

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Hegay posted:

theres a friendly thread...
not this one!

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Deulofeu just needs service.

Adbot