Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

soggybagel posted:

Why is that an issue?

I don't have a "My Wife" shirt that is inexplicable to anyone but fans of KuKu for nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

anotherone posted:

it's basically the only one that remotely works as a standalone shirt. All of the other ones would make you look like an insane person.

The marquee one works the best because it'd make you look like the most insane person.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Howard Kremer had a funny story on Two Charted about a party at Sarah Silverman's house this month. It wasn't just comedians but huge a-list actors/directors, so she put up a sign on the front door that said: NO PODCAST GUEST SOLICITATIONS.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

For whatever reason, this thread insists on telling me there is one new post in it, despite that never being the case. Anyway, can you guys believe Hayes doesn't know what an Overall Deal is, its so friggin embarrassing

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
PFT ON I4H IS HERE

Edit: I feel really bad for Hayes. He's so out of his depth on HH sometimes. He just doesn't know this industry we call showbiz like Sean does.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The thing I don't know about bronies, are they... peadophiles? -PFT

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Howard Kremer had a funny story on Two Charted about a party at Sarah Silverman's house this month. It wasn't just comedians but huge a-list actors/directors, so she put up a sign on the front door that said: NO PODCAST GUEST SOLICITATIONS.

Yeah somebody at the party (I think Hardwick) instagrammed a picture of the sign.

Hey Fogelnest when the hell is your podcast coming back

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Here: http://instagram.com/p/rSSPZSpGub/?modal=true

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Mr. Squishy posted:

The thing I don't know about bronies, are they... peadophiles? -PFT

You would think an equestranaut would know not to judge.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
That letter Besser read from his distant relative was goddamn terrifying. That guy is going to steal Besser's skin.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

GraPar posted:

That letter Besser read from his distant relative was goddamn terrifying. That guy is going to steal Besser's skin.

It interpreted it as mostly entitled baby boomer with inability to communicate effectively.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I gave him my Business Card but I Haven't heard Back from Him Yet. Please let him Know I'm from the Portrayal and I'm the Real Deal.

This whole fascination with lineage and genealogy sounds like entitled Americans really wishing they had thousand year old families like Europeans, but without having to deal with being European.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Looks like Hot Soccermom won an Emmy for Between Two Ferns yesterday! Specfically he won a Creative Arts Emmy in "Outstanding Short-Format Live-Action Entertainment Program" for the Obama episode.

Pretty awesome for him and the FoD crew, they deserved it.

arsachs
Aug 19, 2014

jeffullrich posted:

Hi everyone - I wanted to stop by and say thank you for everything. Over the past few years I've been able to come here and read how people really feel about what we do - what you like and don't like - and have been able to participate and engage when it made sense. You made me feel welcome and I appreciate that very much.

I'm really excited for Earwolf's future, there is a ton of new stuff being worked on right now, and I'm sure I'll check back in later to see how you all feel about things.

In the meantime, enjoy HH and I4H, go easy on Fogelnest and prepare for some changes. Adam and the rest of the team are hard at work right now to keep pushing the envelope on things.

And in case anyone is wondering, I'm already bored as hell.

Best,
Jeff

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I've been the COO of Midroll/Earwolf for nearly a year and more recently I've been handed the CEO baton by Jeff. You may have heard/read a bit about me if you're following Earwolf news.

Jeff and Scott have built an amazing company and I feel very fortunate to be a part of it. I can't tell you all how much it means to read posts saying that Earwolf brings joy to people's lives. For us, that's what it's really all about. That's what gets us excited to come to work everyday. I don't take that lightly and I've made it my mission to continue, and hopefully even expand upon that mission that Jeff and Scott created and followed. We do have a lot of exciting projects in the pipeline and our standards for quality are unwavering.

The frank discussion that exists on this forum is valuable to me and the rest of the management team. I'll be sure to check in frequently to make sure that we're doing enough to continue bringing you the joy and laughs you've come to expect.

And in the meantime, please feel free to reach me via email at adam [at] midroll [dot] com. I'd love to hear from you. Thanks so much for listening.

Best,
Adam

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

arsachs posted:

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I've been the COO of Midroll/Earwolf for nearly a year and more recently I've been handed the CEO baton by Jeff. You may have heard/read a bit about me if you're following Earwolf news.

Jeff and Scott have built an amazing company and I feel very fortunate to be a part of it. I can't tell you all how much it means to read posts saying that Earwolf brings joy to people's lives. For us, that's what it's really all about. That's what gets us excited to come to work everyday. I don't take that lightly and I've made it my mission to continue, and hopefully even expand upon that mission that Jeff and Scott created and followed. We do have a lot of exciting projects in the pipeline and our standards for quality are unwavering.

The frank discussion that exists on this forum is valuable to me and the rest of the management team. I'll be sure to check in frequently to make sure that we're doing enough to continue bringing you the joy and laughs you've come to expect.

And in the meantime, please feel free to reach me via email at adam [at] midroll [dot] com. I'd love to hear from you. Thanks so much for listening.

Best,
Adam

Welcome aboard, Yakety.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

arsachs posted:

The frank discussion that exists on this forum is valuable to me and the rest of the management team.

Get a load of this square, everybody! "Valuing" our "content" with his "brand strategies" and "core competencies"! Let your hair down and get dirty with us. Get straight up filthy with us. It's what cool CEOs are doing these days. (PS. sup)

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Adam do you like Hollywood Handbook?

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Adam told me HH is retroactively cancelled and he's bringing back RSS.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

arsachs posted:

Best,
Adam
This is awesome and I thank you for engaging with us.

Also can you make sure every time Jake Fogelnest ever mentions his XMU show around a Midroll employee, everyone in the office in earshot boos and hisses at his track selections/taste/inability to have good radio banter.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Adam please let Scott have Gelman back on the podcast. I know he wants to have him back but that old sourpuss Jeff Ulrich banned him.

Also Hi, on a serious note I love the work y'all are doing

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Adam how come theres no sports on tv?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Eltoasto posted:

Adam please let Scott have Gelman back on the podcast. I know he wants to have him back but that old sourpuss Jeff Ulrich banned him.

Also Hi, on a serious note I love the work y'all are doing

Sourpuss list so far

1. Jeff Ulrich
2. Brian Eno

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Hi Adam please hit Jake Fogelnest with a stick until he starts releasing episodes of Fogelnest Files again.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

arsachs posted:

Hi everybody,

Best,
Adam

hey Yakety, just an idea but have you thought of doing what I'll call "reverse monetization", whereby you pay listeners to download and listen to Earwolf shows? It's probably prohibitively expensive for you guys to do it for everyone so you can just start with me. I'll PM you my paypal

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Reformed Pissboy posted:

Get a load of this square, everybody! "Valuing" our "content" with his "brand strategies" and "core competencies"! Let your hair down and get dirty with us. Get straight up filthy with us. It's what cool CEOs are doing these days. (PS. sup)
Agreed, this corporate tool is going to have to get pretty hip to run with this ol' crowd of loonies!

arsachs
Aug 19, 2014

Politicalrancor posted:

Adam do you like Hollywood Handbook?

I love HH, it's a family favorite in my house. In fact my wife loves it so much that I bought an ad on the show in May so that they could wish her a happy mother's day. She went crazy.

arsachs
Aug 19, 2014

Zsinjeh posted:

Agreed, this corporate tool is going to have to get pretty hip to run with this ol' crowd of loonies!

I'm still getting comfortable here. I'll kick off the shoes and let my hair down, I promise.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

arsachs posted:

I love HH, it's a family favorite in my house. In fact my wife loves it so much that I bought an ad on the show in May so that they could wish her a happy mother's day. She went crazy.

I'm not sure I like you anymore.

I'm not a fan of HH but I respect that there are some out there who seem to like it so keep it going.

I'm kidding, I don't dislike you. Also, cancel HH.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Alright, who gave the new guy the avatar?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I think that's the new stupid newbie av

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Adam, I think it would be really great if Earwolf re-explored a mobile app. I think you could even put in-line ads to subsidize the cost.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Uhh I don't know if you remember, but the Earwolf App was a piece of crap.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

ManoliIsFat posted:

I think that's the new stupid newbie av

I don't care for change.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Adam,

Please hire me at Earwolf. Also get some college girls and t-shirts for Scott and Scott.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

tnimark posted:

Uhh I don't know if you remember, but the Earwolf App was a piece of crap.

I know, thats why I said re-explore!

e: In general, streaming podcast apps are bad. I think the premier podcast network could figure something out

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

I used to think hollywood handbook was stupid, but now it does

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is cops really as strong as what we say?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I was at the live Hollywood Handbook last night. Some thoughts:

*Sean Clements and Hayes Davenport host an insider's guide to kicking butt and dropping names in the red-carpet-lined back hallways of this industry we call showbiz.

*Sean and Hayes are funny.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I was at the live Hollywood Handbook last night. Some thoughts:

*Sean Clements and Hayes Davenport host an insider's guide to kicking butt and dropping names in the red-carpet-lined back hallways of this industry we call showbiz.

*Sean and Hayes are funny.

I'm an incredibly jealous loser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I am so stoked for that episode to drop