Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
Good Guy Verizon, performs a temporary outage to raise awareness that your old rear end hardware needs updating before a long term outage occurs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

falz posted:

This is a sweeping generalization, it has to do with cluefullness of admin, not where they bought it from.

Same default TCAM carving and limitations sup720-3bxl, right?

... yes

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

falz posted:

This is a sweeping generalization, it has to do with cluefullness of admin, not where they bought it from.

Same default TCAM carving and limitations sup720-3bxl, right?

3cxl has more MAC space, same IP/MPLS as 3bxl.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
Does any one still care about aquiring wic-1dsu-t1 (not v2) at this point? Even for learning purposes?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I think if you are created a lab from scratch these days you arne't going to be able to find 2600's anymore, thus the non v2 WICs are useless.

On the plus side ISRs are cheap now, and T1v2 wics are as well.

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

Powercrazy posted:

I think if you are created a lab from scratch these days you arne't going to be able to find 2600's anymore, thus the non v2 WICs are useless.

Powercrazy posted:

2620 (non-XM) is $47 refurbished from our usual secondary market vendor, with a 5y warranty.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Powercrazy posted:

Yeah that's what I figured. I'm not labbing this gear. I'm just accumulating a stack of old poo poo from T1s that are finally moving to something faster. I stopped telling the guys to pull the cards after I realized I have ten of the V1 wics stacked up, and another 6-7 of the V2 cards on top of that... plus a few wic-2mft-t1-v2 for bonus points. I also have a bunch of wic-4esw which are equally useless and stupid.

ragzilla posted:

2620 (non-XM) is $47 refurbished from our usual secondary market vendor, with a 5y warranty.

Considering how long this old poo poo's lasted I wouldn't be surprised if they went another 10 years.

CrazyLittle fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 14, 2014

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!
gently caress spanning tree.

That is all.

Badgerpoo
Oct 12, 2010
8.0.100 is released for Cisco WLCs!! Please could someone kindly beta test this on wism2 deployments so I can install in safety, tia.

tortilla_chip
Jun 13, 2007

k-partite

GOOCHY posted:

gently caress spanning tree.

Did it work? Not work?

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Spanning tree ain't TRILL

:haw:

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

tortilla_chip posted:

Did it work? Not work?
My assumption is that it worked as intended, but not as expected.

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!

adorai posted:

My assumption is that it worked as intended, but not as expected.

Pretty much. An issue was reported and I went down that troubleshooting path for quite awhile before it presented itself as a spanning tree root priority issue and not the issue as described.

So I guess it would be more accurate to say gently caress the prior network administrators, not spanning tree. :-D

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Finally got approval to replace our lovely, ancient Force10 "core router" that doesn't have an adjustable TCAM. Might not actually be completely hosed on 512,000 BGP Entries For Real Day :unsmith: We have it paired with another, less-lovely router but I wasn't really looking forward to losing redundancy since our business operates 100% online.

Now to submit the order to our VAR and hope they don't say "lol that product is backordered 6 months out".

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Docjowles posted:

Finally got approval to replace our lovely, ancient Force10 "core router" that doesn't have an adjustable TCAM. Might not actually be completely hosed on 512,000 BGP Entries For Real Day :unsmith: We have it paired with another, less-lovely router but I wasn't really looking forward to losing redundancy since our business operates 100% online.

Now to submit the order to our VAR and hope they don't say "lol that product is backordered 6 months out".

What are you going to replace it with?

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
If it's Juniper, "lol its backordered" may be the case. We've been waiting in mx960, 480, 240 for a few months.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Juniper MX104. The other existing router is an MX80.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

We've been waiting on those too, but allegedly only a week or so out now.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Can any of you comment on using the onboard network interfaces on the ISR G2 for traffic (as a voice gateway) versus adding a network module?

I have a router pushing <10M but it has exhausted the network interrupt stack and is acting a bit hokey (SSH into it, the terminal has no output but is functioning, I just don't see anything back). I'm waiting for it to implode and crash on itself, but, if it does then I'd like to know where I should look to be going.

Richard Noggin
Jun 6, 2005
Redneck By Default
I have a 2960G-8TC-L switch that powers on, but displays all amber lights. There's no console output. Toast?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Partycat posted:

Can any of you comment on using the onboard network interfaces on the ISR G2 for traffic (as a voice gateway) versus adding a network module?

I have a router pushing <10M but it has exhausted the network interrupt stack and is acting a bit hokey (SSH into it, the terminal has no output but is functioning, I just don't see anything back). I'm waiting for it to implode and crash on itself, but, if it does then I'd like to know where I should look to be going.

What the hell is the router doing that a G2 pushing <10Meg is having any problems?

Anyway, our standard deployment is 3845/3945's acting as a GRE/IPSEC terminus, as well as voice gateway. There shouldn't be any problem with any interface unless you are doing something weird.

NAT/Excessive ACL Logging/Debugging/CEF turned off etc.

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

Powercrazy posted:

What the hell is the router doing that a G2 pushing <10Meg is having any problems?

Anyway, our standard deployment is 3845/3945's acting as a GRE/IPSEC terminus, as well as voice gateway. There shouldn't be any problem with any interface unless you are doing something weird.

CEF off? why?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

jwh posted:

CEF off? why?

Maybe you were debugging traffic through it, and forgot to turn cef and route-cache back on? idk. Why do people turn spanning tree off?

Why does my company have a pair of ASRs that have ACLs so long that you have to remove them from the access group before you edit them or the router crashes?

ruro
Apr 30, 2003

Why do my customers think they need full BGP tables? I don't need full tables!

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ruro posted:

because internets. More is always better!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

ruro posted:

If you have significant inbound/outbound traffic AND you are dual homed to two providers, full tables are the only way to balance link utilization and keep full redundancy.

That said most customers only need a default.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

ruro posted:

Are they multihomed with another ISP?

H.R. Paperstacks
May 1, 2006

This is America
My president is black
and my Lambo is blue

ruro posted:

Because I like to see the AS-Paths without having to log in to a looking glass?

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Powercrazy posted:

If you have significant inbound/outbound traffic AND you are dual homed to two providers, full tables are the only way to balance link utilization and keep full redundancy.

That said most customers only need a default.

What if you're homed to 3 providers and two peering points?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

CrazyLittle posted:

What if you're homed to 3 providers and two peering points?

I assume you are just getting provider routes and acting as a transit AS? In which case your use-case is different then most customers.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Powercrazy posted:

It's a voice gateway, I have 9 PRIs running through it and a smattering of dial-peers. No SAF nothing weird, no EEM scripting, no TCLs etc.

Right now if SSH to it, I see the banner. After I log in at the password prompt, I see nothing - but it is actually working and my terminal scrolls, there's just nothing there.

System Total = 000095204
Interrupt Total = 000012457 (13 percent)
Sched Total = 000079191 (83 percent)

Interrupt [03] = 000011910 (12 percent)
Interrupt [04] = 000001011 (01 percent)
Interrupt [05] = 000000547 (00 percent)

However:

Interrupt level stacks:
Level Called Unused/Size Name
1 1969050757 0/9000 Network Interrupt
3 3330664 6784/9000 Mgmt Interrupt
4 25246 8544/9000 Console UART
7 353978623 8544/9000 NMI Interrupt Handler

So something's up and I don't know what it is yet.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Powercrazy posted:

I assume you are just getting provider routes and acting as a transit AS? In which case your use-case is different then most customers.

(I'm an ISP) heh. Yeah, we need full tables. My BGP customers probably don't, but they ask anyways.

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

I don't even want full tables these days, if I can avoid it. I think I've officially entered my minimalism period.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Full tables here, 4 or 5 of them at each site. Seems to work out.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

CrazyLittle posted:

(I'm an ISP) heh. Yeah, we need full tables. My BGP customers probably don't, but they ask anyways.

They don't and you should tell them they don't and charge them extra if they want anything other than a default route.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

BGP Multihoming with 2 or more providers is kinda pointless without full tables, no? I suppose some other method could be used for outbound path selection (e.g. round robin), but why not accept full tables if your hardware can handle them?

bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

Not sure where to put this question, but the home networking thread didn't seem like the best place.

I'm looking for a POE router than also RUNS on POE. I think that sounds weird, but I need to run 4 tiny devices(1.2watts each) 500ft out, and the cost and permits to run real AC out there is a nightmare. I know they make generic poe breakouts, which I'll use as a last resort, but if there is some small poe router purpose built, that would be awesome.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

bobua posted:

Not sure where to put this question, but the home networking thread didn't seem like the best place.

I'm looking for a POE router than also RUNS on POE. I think that sounds weird, but I need to run 4 tiny devices(1.2watts each) 500ft out, and the cost and permits to run real AC out there is a nightmare. I know they make generic poe breakouts, which I'll use as a last resort, but if there is some small poe router purpose built, that would be awesome.

The only thing that comes to mind is the Mikrotik RB750UP. It's non-standard 24V passive PoE though, so make sure your 4 tiny devices would work with that first. Also, 500ft is out of spec for twisted pair Ethernet, which has a limit of 100m or ~328ft. Even if you somehow can power them, they'll probably have a very poor quality connection at that distance.

Head over to the Mikrotik thread for more info about Mikrotik stuff.

H.R. Paperstacks
May 1, 2006

This is America
My president is black
and my Lambo is blue

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

They don't and you should tell them they don't and charge them extra if they want anything other than a default route.

That's not how being a Service Provider works.

It's not up to you to tell me what I need and don't need. The only thing you need to do is provide the service I am paying you for and that includes the ability to get a full BGP table. If you don't want to or want to charge me for it, I'll gladly find another provider who will cash my on-time monthly checks.

H.R. Paperstacks fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Also who cares if someone wants full tables? It doesn't cost you anything.