Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

lewtt posted:

i like the claims being thrown around that the "5th estate" internet journalism has been compromised just from this, like television and "old media" were decades ago. FOX NEWS = KOTAKU.

soon we will have to form our own opinions

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Aug 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp
Companies like EA buy press coverage and positive reviews but some chick hosed some dudes and made a free text adventure, time to poo poo our collective pants.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

lewtt posted:

i like the claims being thrown around that the "5th estate" internet journalism has been compromised just from this, like television and "old media" were decades ago. FOX NEWS = KOTAKU.

Everyone get the word out, internet journalism/blogging doesn't work anymore. Stop your twitter and facebook updates because you cannot be trusted to maintain objectivity and journalistic excellence when you tell your friends how your newborn baby likes doctor who.

I long for the halcyon days of unbiased gaming journalism as found in Nintendo Power, Xbox Magazine, and IGN sponsored by McGriddles.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Minorkos posted:

soon we will have to form our own opinions
I tried doing that once and everybody told me I did it wrong

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
at least now we have an american twitter tragedy to focus on. that IS stuff was getting depressing.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

rainy day posted:

Companies like EA buy press coverage and positive reviews but some chick hosed some dudes and made a free text adventure, time to poo poo our collective pants.

I thought people were mad at all the cheating & lying she did

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

DrManiac posted:

So she's pretty much hosed as a indie dev right? It's not like Depression Quest was a fun 'gamey' game that's so fun people will forgive it's lovely creator

it's a CYOA except the smart choices are crossed out and you can't pick them so your character kinda just sits home and does nothing

i personally feel that it does not accurately portray the overbearing, unending sense of despair and dissatisfaction of actual medically diagnosed depression but i mean at least it's raising awereness

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

rainy day posted:

well it totally confirms the validity of THE PUSSY MARKETPLACE NON FIAT CURRENCY EXCHANGE that zergfluid guy keeps talking about!!

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

TotalBizkit did it all for the nookie. I didn't read most of this thread does this joke hold up?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
im trying to care but it's just not working

this is the dullest drama lol

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Lowtax posted:

I tried doing that once and everybody told me I did it wrong

But... aren't you supposed to form our opinions for us ? Tend to your flock Lowtax.

Also how come we can't report your posts ? :colbert: Shameful.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Xaris posted:

When I'm with you beef city
I go out of my thread
And I just can't get enough

All the things you do to me
And everything you post
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough

We slip and slide as we post in poo poo
And I just can't seem to get enough of

We post together
We're posting in a thread

Every time I think of you
I know we have to post

It's getting hotter, it's a burning love

I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough

And when it rains
You're shining down for me

Just like a rainbow
You know you set me free

You're like an angel and you give me your love

I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough

yes but what is this to the tune of

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Rad Tad posted:

TotalBizkit did it all for the nookie. I didn't read most of this thread does this joke hold up?
yes :hf:

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

DrManiac posted:

So she's pretty much hosed as a indie dev right? It's not like Depression Quest was a fun 'gamey' game that's so fun people will forgive it's lovely creator

Notoriety really seems to help some artists, so you never know I guess.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Rad Tad posted:

TB didn't actually gently caress here afaik ? He's not even really related to the whole quinn drama. Except he puts his nose in all the things geeky to become a geek celeb or sth.

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

Decebal posted:

People are acting like this is DIRE NEWS FOR THE GAMES PRESS.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

DrManiac posted:

Having your skeletons dragged out into the open has to be a nightmare scenario for women in the games industry.

counterpoint https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9zR9Am1ZGs

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
The thing that really burns me is how much faith and trust I had previously placed in Kotaku. I looked to them for the latest developments in Akihabara and the truth of why American culture is lacking compared to the intellectually superior glorious Nippon. Now that bond of trust has been broken, and I'm afraid I will never be able to read another "WHY I WAS ATTRACTED TO A GYM TRAINER IN POKEMON BLACK" article again.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004

Fathis Munk posted:

But... aren't you supposed to form our opinions for us ? Tend to your flock Lowtax.

Also how come we can't report your posts ? :colbert: Shameful.

We should be able to report his posts, except it should be a trojan horse where it autobans anyone dumb enough to try.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Decebal posted:

You do not know gamers. People are getting mad at her cause she is a woman, didn't make a "real game" and now because she threaten ~journalistic integrity~

Bear in mind, the dude she hosed wrote 5 (five (!)) lines about her game apparently.

ChumpsForChange
Jun 2, 2011
can anyone honestly say they wouldn't gently caress all those nerds?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Shithouse Dave posted:

Notoriety really seems to help some artists, so you never know I guess.

Led Zepplin did pretty OK after the whole "kidnap a teenager and hold her as your sex slave" thing

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Fathis Munk posted:

TB didn't actually gently caress here afaik ? He's not even really related to the whole quinn drama. Except he puts his nose in all the things geeky to become a geek celeb or sth.

drat. How about Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman but that medicine is some of that boot knocking you know what I mean.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

ChumpsForChange posted:

hmm now tha you mention it i'm making a sandwich for lunch and i'd like some positive hype about my sandwich making skills

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
This might come from here i dunno. The gamers.txt thread over at games is getting derailed with quinn gate for dozens of pages now (at least it feels like it)

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Fathis Munk posted:

This might come from here i dunno. The gamers.txt thread over at games is getting derailed with quinn gate for dozens of pages now (at least it feels like it)

img-timeline

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lowtax posted:

The thing that really burns me is how much faith and trust I had previously placed in Kotaku. I looked to them for the latest developments in Akihabara and the truth of why American culture is lacking compared to the intellectually superior glorious Nippon. Now that bond of trust has been broken, and I'm afraid I will never be able to read another "WHY I WAS ATTRACTED TO A GYM TRAINER IN POKEMON BLACK" article again.

I too have lost all respect for an obscure website I did not know even existed

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

Lowtax posted:

HOW CAN I TRUST THEM TO TELL ME WHICH LAY's 214 DO US A FLAVOR WINNER IS THE BEST AFTER THIS??

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I encourage everyone to look at the wonderful comments on this informative video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-51PfwI3M

seriously even knowing what shitlords these people were I was not ready.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

a hole-y ghost posted:

hmm now tha you mention it i'm making a sandwich for lunch and i'd like some positive hype about my sandwich making skills

If Adam Sandler could make a good looking sandwich in that lovely "serious" movie he did I am sure yours is stellar

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
I thought the debauchery of the oversexed Speed Running community was limited purely to their charity events. Now, the perverse harbinger of sexual vice has its clutches on Reddit.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Lowtax posted:

img-timeline

Dammit I knew it. Have this fresh cross-post

Explain How! posted:

Edited out at OP's request

Fathis Munk fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Aug 19, 2014

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

ChumpsForChange posted:

what's it like having no taste or standards?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
everything is problematic

Billy Everyteen
May 6, 2009

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Calico Heart posted:

Thats actually ok for a youtube comment section though?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Calico Heart posted:

I encourage everyone to look at the wonderful comments on this informative video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-51PfwI3M

that twat and mundanematt have a subscription empire of contrarian anglo retards

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~
There's a couple really tight races but are we ready to make a determination on who wins the prize for least amount of care?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

just lol if your primary source of news isn't games journalism websites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

wikipedia posted:

Quinn is also interested in body modification, and has implanted a chip in the back of her hand that contains the game Deus Ex

:flashfap:

• Locked thread