Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001
Oh boy. I was worried about that.

Sigh. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Ramen Pride! posted:

I saw the Rocket and Nova figures at Target today. The ones with Groot's head and arm in the packeages. I passed them up because I am apparently stupid. I got home and had a moment of clarity, and dashed back to the Target only to find someone had purchased them, leaving the shelves full of Draxes, Starlords, Gamoras, and ...Iron Man?

So am I going to be in the doghouse when Christmas rolls around? How "rare" are those two figures?

You might have better luck looking in a Disney store. I found the whole set there and then some last week. I ended up passing on all of them because it the insane mark up though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I ended up buying the ROM Mugg as well as the Thanos Imperative set. Right after I told myself no more toys for the rest of the year.

I might have a problem.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, what kind of weirdo would set the line in August?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

JT Smiley posted:

You might have better luck looking in a Disney store. I found the whole set there and then some last week. I ended up passing on all of them because it the insane mark up though.

I also saw these at the Disney Store yesterday. They're $25 there.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I was thinking $20 a pop, if you really want to beat that be my guest. :)

I'll take your Medusa at that price

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Still waiting to hear back from Bushifox to confirm but I think it's been claimed.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I just ran across a Nova at a boutique store for $25. I'll run back and pick him up if anyone wants him for that price plus shipping.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Agrias120 posted:

a boutique store

Sounds fancy. :colbert:

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I've seen a lot of GOTG figures at Books a Million

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I've yet to see any of them in the UK whatsoever.

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
I found a Cyclops, Magneto, and Stryfe at Toys R Us today. Now I just need a Storm. If anyone comes across one and doesn't want it themselves, please let me know!

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

Vintersorg posted:

Got a major figure in today from SH MonsterArts line and it appears its now OOP (the guy who does the motion movies with the line reported that once these are gone thats it and the price has already jumped to $200 from $150 which was up from $110).

This is an old post but I was looking at the SH Monsterarts line and it looks like their most recently announced figure is Mecha King-Ghidorah. Goddamn them.

Rog McDodge
Oct 21, 2005
I know it isn't particularly exciting, and they are old news, but I saw these on my travels and had to pick them up for nostalgia sake!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rog McDodge posted:

I know it isn't particularly exciting, and they are old news, but I saw these on my travels and had to pick them up for nostalgia sake!

They made the movie Turtles in the same scale, they looked super nice to me

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
The Hotline Miami guys just launched a Kickstarter to make a 1/6 scale Jacket figure.

Looks pretty cool, and it'll cost $85, which isn't too bad. The only real downside is that the company making the figures has only really done artsy vinyl stuff before this, so this is quite different from their previous work.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Gann Jerrod posted:

The Hotline Miami guys just launched a Kickstarter to make a 1/6 scale Jacket figure.

Looks pretty cool, and it'll cost $85, which isn't too bad. The only real downside is that the company making the figures has only really done artsy vinyl stuff before this, so this is quite different from their previous work.

I want this so hard. I think I'm going in at $85, just missed out on the deal with the sequel and the figure =\

I want to go in for the recolor, but I can't bring myself (Or convince the wife) that $200 would be worth putting into a Kickstarter for a figure.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I was considering it, but the thing that stopped me was "15 points of articulation". That's... pretty god damned low for a 1/6th scale figure.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Just out of curiosity, how are Sideshow's figures packaged?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Normally it's in a box, with a 3 section plastic multi level "bay" sort of setup.

The bottom is the base and display arm, the middle is the figure and the extra hands, etc, and the top is just a lid to make the whole thing into a plastic box that fits in the sideshow box.

Sometimes if there's a big accessory they pop it in the bottom of the box. My Zod cape was in the lower section with the base in it's own little triangular cape case.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Normally it's in a box, with a 3 section plastic multi level "bay" sort of setup.

The bottom is the base and display arm, the middle is the figure and the extra hands, etc, and the top is just a lid to make the whole thing into a plastic box that fits in the sideshow box.

Sometimes if there's a big accessory they pop it in the bottom of the box. My Zod cape was in the lower section with the base in it's own little triangular cape case.

How big is the box?

Also, appreciate the answer. Thanks.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
All of the Walgreens around me got full displays of the Legends Infinite Series Agent Venom in stock today. 8 per display. I went down to the corner Walgreens and the manager let me buy the whole display but I just bought the only two that didn't have wonky paintjobs. The white lines are all over the place on some of them. There's a Walgreens a couple miles away that were limiting them to one per customer so YMMV. This is an awesome figure btw.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

How big is the box?

Ballparking off the top of my head, maybe 15" tall, 10-12" wide, 4-5" thick?

It's pretty big.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Ballparking off the top of my head, maybe 15" tall, 10-12" wide, 4-5" thick?

It's pretty big.

Thanks.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Phyresis posted:

All of the Walgreens around me got full displays of the Legends Infinite Series Agent Venom in stock today. 8 per display. I went down to the corner Walgreens and the manager let me buy the whole display but I just bought the only two that didn't have wonky paintjobs. The white lines are all over the place on some of them. There's a Walgreens a couple miles away that were limiting them to one per customer so YMMV. This is an awesome figure btw.

I preordered one and am now expecting this cross-eyed bastard based on the description of the paint jobs. RIP, ME

Edit: I also pre-ordered the Groot and Rocket Hot Toys bundle. What have I become..

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Stopped by a new local shop toy/collectable shop. Kinda small mix of new and old. A lot of stuff you'd find clearanced out a like Target or walmart. After awhile of looking and the clerk asking me if I needed help like 10 times, I felt really awkward and figured I should get somethIng, so I saw a minimates ghostbusters set I didn't have behind the counter. It was reasonably priced, looked at it quick due to small talk with the cashier. I didn't get a receipt, wtf I need that for. I get it home, take it out of the bag and well here ya go.

I'm a moron, and feel too stupid to take it back:(

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Just put that Egon head on one of the Winstons and ignore his name badge :P

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Davros1 posted:

How big is the box?

I still have my Cobra Commander box ( The figures box, not packaging of the box in the package it was shipped in ) if that is what you're curious of. I can take a picture of the multi-level plastic packaging of it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That Hotline Miami figure just looks so cheap. Like a basic model with horrible clothing. The heads are unique I suppose but the rest looks so cheap. The heads are way too far apart.

:spergin:

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Surprise, surprise. Now that they've gotten folks to spring for the containment suit version, Matty will be releasing the second DCUC Doomsday after all.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Matty sent out a bunch of emails explaining that apparently even after being open for an entire month or more they did not meet their quotas for the MOTUC subscriptions so they're extending the date.

I'd say this is all fabricated bullshit but they did pull all the other previous lines which didn't make it.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Got my Modulok and Stinkor, no longer giving a fuuuuck.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

Matty sent out a bunch of emails explaining that apparently even after being open for an entire month or more they did not meet their quotas for the MOTUC subscriptions so they're extending the date.

I'd say this is all fabricated bullshit but they did pull all the other previous lines which didn't make it.

They've been pulling this poo poo for at couple years. They extend or suddenly at the last minute they have an influx of subscribers equal to like twice as many as they had in the whole previous time.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

RevKrule posted:

They've been pulling this poo poo for at couple years. They extend or suddenly at the last minute they have an influx of subscribers equal to like twice as many as they had in the whole previous time.

Yeah I know, I'm still waiting for them to re-issue OG Zodac with the gloveless hands and monster feet. They've been re-issuing everything else under the sun that was supposed to be single run only, but they've really touched nothing from the first or second year of the line which did not fall under the single run only rules.

I mean I've got Zodak and the TRU two pack Zodac that came with Green Lantern, but it's not the same.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo, for the first time in years Wizard World Chicago had an amazing vendor selection and I found tons of poo poo I wanted.

Only bought a handful of things though, already blew my load in Artist Alley.

Edit: I've wanted one of these for nearly 15 years

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Aug 25, 2014

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
So, I know there is a transformers thread, but you guys scare me over there, so, what is the difference between this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Transfo...=item3f38c0e01f

and the one that is twice as expensive at TRU?

I've noticed china seems to have a bunch of stuff like this with transformers, minimates, and MOTUC stuff. I just ordered the neca turtles from there and they looked fine. so, yeah.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Bushifox posted:

So, I know there is a transformers thread, but you guys scare me over there, so, what is the difference between this:

I've noticed china seems to have a bunch of stuff like this with transformers, minimates, and MOTUC stuff. I just ordered the neca turtles from there and they looked fine. so, yeah.

39 sold in China sounds really fishy to me. Knock off?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Veg posted:

39 sold in China sounds really fishy to me. Knock off?

If you had asked in the TF thread they would have told you it was indeed a knockoff.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Bushifox posted:

It's a knock off of the original Takara release, it may say it's authentic in the description but I wouldn't pay any attention to that given the location. You won't be able to tell the difference from the original unless you really know your poo poo though so don't worry about it too much and the price is right so get it if you want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Rhyno posted:

If you had asked in the TF thread they would have told you it was indeed a knockoff.

I figured it might have turned into a debate about the size of some obscure transformer's missiles or something.