Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

A good poster posted:

But they sell eShop cards in all the usual places in Canada (7-11, Wal-Mart, Futureshop, et cetera). If those are no longer accepted by Nintendo's system in Canada, then we've got an enormous problem.

Problem is, I'm Brazilian. Putting Canada as my region used to be the best way to avoid the atrocious BR eShop AND the best way to use paypalbux. Joke's on me, now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

Stink Terios posted:

Greeeeat. I'll just have to hope for a refund and find a credit card that works.
I'm just confused that this only started happening now.

The update to the system that allowed mii-verse tied your miiverse account to your system. Which is a Nintendo network account set for a specific region.

My 3ds is USA locked, my wife's is now also locked to the USA because she had created her NN account on my wiiu to play some games and then linked it to her 3ds without realizing it. You can call Nintendo and pray they'll let you move your account.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

A good poster posted:

But they sell eShop cards in all the usual places in Canada (7-11, Wal-Mart, Futureshop, et cetera). If those are no longer accepted by Nintendo's system in Canada, then we've got an enormous problem.

Right. Canadian cards (as in you pay $50CAD for a $50 card) usually only work with Canadian accounts, and similarly US cards (as in you pay $50USD for a $50 card) usually only work with U.S. accounts. There are also price discrepancies between both stores due to the Canadian dollar no longer being at part with the U.S. dollar, most games have about a 10% higher dollar price in Canada rounded off (e.g. I paid $16.49 CAD + tax for NES Remix 2, some new games are $64.99 or $69.99 and so on)

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007
I got a 50 steam card in Canada, and it converted it to USD. not sure if that's the case anymore.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

manpurse posted:

I got a 50 steam card in Canada, and it converted it to USD. not sure if that's the case anymore.

Do you mean it gave you $50 USD, or it gave you whatever the equivalent to $50 CAD was in USD at the time?

Steam still uses USD if you purchase in Canada, they have a plan to introduce support for a bunch of new currencies including CAD soon, although this probably means there'll be a shift in $ prices on Steam in Canada at least for some items. Of course, since we were originally paying in USD this won't actually mean much in terms of how much games cost at the end of the day.

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007

univbee posted:

Do you mean it gave you $50 USD, or it gave you whatever the equivalent to $50 CAD was in USD at the time?

Steam still uses USD if you purchase in Canada, they have a plan to introduce support for a bunch of new currencies including CAD soon, although this probably means there'll be a shift in $ prices on Steam in Canada at least for some items. Of course, since we were originally paying in USD this won't actually mean much in terms of how much games cost at the end of the day.

I paid 50 CAD at the store, punched the code in and got 50 USD. Straight conversion, no adjustments for currency value

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Just announced via Famitsu: Mighty No. 9 x Gunvolt x Galgun, a 3DS eShop crossover title by Inti Creates/Comcept featuring characters from those three games with "80's style graphical design". No price, release date, etc and no word on whether it's a second game or a remix of Gunvolt or whatever. Man, Inafune's really going hard.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Mighty No. 9 x Gunvolt

Hell yeah!

Aw, gently caress.

BloodDesk UnderHell
Sep 24, 2007

Wow! He licks good boot!
Well, now I know the name of that game in the Retsupurae DarkSydePhil video.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Honestly I'm beginning to see why Megaman died as slow of a death as it did in the early to mid 2000s.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Just announced via Famitsu: Mighty No. 9 x Gunvolt x Galgun, a 3DS eShop crossover title by Inti Creates/Comcept featuring characters from those three games with "80's style graphical design". No price, release date, etc and no word on whether it's a second game or a remix of Gunvolt or whatever. Man, Inafune's really going hard.

That's going to be terrific. A crossover between an unreleased game and the worst thing to get a commercial release for a game console in the past ten years. And I say that at a time when Conception II is on sale in the eShop.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Should have been a crossover between the three Kickstarter Heroes: Mighty No. 9, Shovel Knight, and Shantae.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Just announced via Famitsu: Mighty No. 9 x Gunvolt x Galgun, a 3DS eShop crossover title by Inti Creates/Comcept featuring characters from those three games with "80's style graphical design". No price, release date, etc and no word on whether it's a second game or a remix of Gunvolt or whatever.

Please tell me you're kidding.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I have never heard of Galgun so I looked it up on Google and I think I am probably on some sort of watchlist now thanks goons :mad:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't thank us, thank Keiji Inafune.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

good to know there is still good stuff coming out for the 3ds

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
[quote="Sarchasm" post="433738732"

Aw, gently caress.
[/quote]

It's like some kind of Redditor simulator.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
...and here it is!

http://gunvolt.com/mighty/

"Mighty Gunvolt", an 8-bit-style game with Gunvolt, Beck from MN9 and the chick from Galgun. Simple NES-style controls, focus on score attack, will support additional stages/bosses via DLC. It'll be available for purchase later in the year, but you (read: Jspanese 3DS owners) can get it for free if you buy Gunvolt between now and November 19.

There's some footage at around 4:20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAClxYeHqMU

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Aug 20, 2014

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I trust Inti Creates since they made MM9/MM10, but it doesnt matter cause it'll never come to the US

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Why wouldn't it? Gunvolt is coming, it'll be out next week.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Just what the hell did they think some creepy pervcam game had to do with two blatant Mega Man clones?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I want this game now

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I guess people think it wouldn't come over because of the Galgun chick. Who gives a poo poo though, its not like her role in Mighty Gunvolt has anything to do with that game or that they even need to address where she came from. They might as well just do it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I want this game now

Watching it more, hell, I don't see much difference between this and the Pokemon Amie feature in X and Y.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Yeah, after seeing it in action it's not all that bad. It's a weird mashup, and I'd prefer the world forgot about Gal Gun entirely, but nothing about this looks inappropriate or out of place. I'll probably give it a shot.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
In non-Gunvolt news, Japan is getting Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA) on the Wii U VC next week, so that should hopefully show up elsewhere pretty soon.

Also, Image & Form have re-confirmd Steamworld Dig for Wii U; it'll be out in NA/PAL-land on August 28, here are the improvements made from the 3DS version:

quote:

HD graphics: Beautiful, high-resolution (1080p) graphics
Eye candy: Animated character portraits, bloom filter, tweaks and polish
Customizable screen interface and controls
Languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Russian
Clutter-free HD graphics. The map and other interface elements are now displayed on the Wii U GamePad
Off-TV Play. Continue digging on the Wii U GamePad even when your TV is occupied or turned off
Support for Wii U Pro Controller
And maybe there’s an Easter egg somewhere?

They still intend to do some sort of cross-buy discount for people who own the 3DS version but they haven't received final word from Nintendo.

Also worth noting: they'll be announcing the next Steamworld game on September 16, which we already know will be coming to 3DS at the very least.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Any word on whether Pokemon Trading Card Game (GBC) is coming to NA anytime soon? It's been in Europe for about a month now, so I thought it wouldn't take too long. Sorry if I missed the announcement - don't have the 3DS on me to double check. I'll be disappointed if a Pokemon Card Game makes it to the iPad before the 3DS.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
No word just yet, but they didn't give us any warning for the PAL release, either.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I sure hope that the Pokemon TCG Online game for iPad or whatever isn't as slow as poo poo like the PC version currently is. :(

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Mercury Crusader posted:

I sure hope that the Pokemon TCG Online game for iPad or whatever isn't as slow as poo poo like the PC version currently is. :(

If Hearthstone has taught us anything, it will be slower and/or hilariously unstable at times.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I'm still fascinated they greenlit an iPad version of TCGO before a Wii U version.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Pokemon Company handles everything Pokemon not related to the games and they seem to be more open to Android/iOS apps

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Dehry posted:

The Pokemon Company handles everything Pokemon not related to the games and they seem to be more open to Android/iOS apps

TPC is just a branch of Nintendo.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I'm perfectly aware that TPC has free handling in most cases, but basically I was expecting a suit to sit with another suit and suggest they shouldn't branch out of PC without first doing a U version as well, because that's what suits usually do: image management, bottom line, and whatnot. And a Pokemon TCG game coming first for the iPad instead of the struggling Nintendo console seems like a big strike against it image-wise.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

less laughter posted:

TPC is just a branch of Nintendo.
Nope, they're an independent company that Nintendo holds a small stake in, along with Creatures and Game Freak.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

homeless snail posted:

Nope, they're an independent company that Nintendo holds a small stake in, along with Creatures and Game Freak.

It's a subsidiary of Nintendo, founded by Nintendo and wholly controlled by Nintendo. You might be confused with one of the others you mentioned.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here are the games included in the Smash veteran-themed sale that starts tomorrow:

I guess that means Wii U is getting a Fire Emblem GBA game on the VC tomorrow?

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Aug 20, 2014

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Does that mean Fire Emblem GBA is part of tomorrow's update? If it's already on there I totally missed it

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I guess so!

EDIT: yup, NOE confirmed it on twitter.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Aug 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

That Fire Emblem game is different from the Ambassador game, Sacred Stones, right?