Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

homebrew posted:

Burger Foundry has gone way down hill. It used to be very good when the Canadian bloke was running it, but he left and it turned to poo poo.

Hookshot! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Aboriginal memes is back as this https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-unicorn-page/183348585209281 but still posting things like "Flubba Wubba Unga" in order to bypass the facebook moderation team, since they're no doubt completely unaware of how offensive that is. The new review process is loving rubbish. Just let me write to you and tell you what's up, you fuckstains.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Gough Suppressant posted:

Jacqui Lambie is well intentioned, she just doesn't want us overrun by the chinese hordes and forced into slavery. An entirely understandable position.

Like you are seriously going to try and paint someone who has stood for every party which would take her as being some kind of principled well intentioned person?

What even if they are rich and well hung?

turdbucket
Oct 30, 2011

TG-Chrono posted:

Michelin don't have a guide to Australia and so no restaurants here can get Michelin stars. We get poxy Fairfax Chef's hats. Bleh.

Don't forget schooners from the good pub food guide since so many of our good restaurants are within pubs here.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Nibbles! posted:

Keep reporting the page and various post/comments that are openly bad. Sometimes they moderate, sometimes they don't. Next time they might have a review and they say bad luck.

These dickheads are posting with their own name, shouldn't be too hard to track down their job, write an email to the company saying that you're a journalist from some legit sounding press agency doing a story on corporate acceptance of employee hate speech. Get creative.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Miranda Devine posted:

No one wants to marginalise moderate Muslims but nor should we [ignore] the contradictions and extreme violence at the foundation of Islam.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Scapegoat posted:

What even if they are rich and well hung?

Don't you mean rich and well hanged?

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

I can think of at least one person who wants to marginalise moderate Muslims

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Haters Objector posted:

I can think of at least one person who wants to marginalise moderate Muslims

It was pretty amazing.

There's also a full page thing on CLIVEFUCIUS SAY...I'M A HYPOCRITE (where Palmer has a fu manchu moustache) that I think was ill-considered.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

TG-Chrono posted:

Michelin don't have a guide to Australia and so no restaurants here can get Michelin stars. We get poxy Fairfax Chef's hats. Bleh.

Considering the Michelin obsession with French style fine dining above all this is ok.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

There's also a full page thing on CLIVEFUCIUS SAY...I'M A HYPOCRITE (where Palmer has a fu manchu moustache) that I think was ill-considered.

Got a picture?

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Is a Michelin star a thing you get when the fat bloke covered in tyres eats at your restaurant?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I fully except the most :smith: News Corp front pages regarding ISIS soon.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Anidav posted:

I fully except the most :smith: News Corp front pages regarding ISIS soon.

They're probably going to print one of those hologram cards where it moves as you change perspective so you get to see the beheading in motion.

Stick it in a pack of footy cards.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Ragingsheep posted:

Got a picture?
apologies for quality / size, phone-posting

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

There's that font again.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Flag chat

http://www.news.com.au/national/cou...2-1227030134078

Answer: it won't have any effect whatsofuckingever

See also: Hawaii.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I love it when the media decides to call someone's racism out by being WAY MORE RACIST. :shepface:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone even read these crappy shock rags anymore?

By the way, thanks to everyone who responded for their excellent explanations of negative gearing and superannuationcon essions. I have a few follow up questions I'd like to ask when I'm not on my drat phone.

Orkin Mang fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Aug 20, 2014

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Orkin Mang posted:

Does anyone even read these crappy shock rags anymore?

By the way, thanks to everyone who responded for their excellent explanations of negative gearing and superannuationcon essions. I have a few follow up questions I'd like to ask when I'm not on my drat phone.

The herald sun has the highest circulation in the country, although that's probably mostly due to the footy coverage

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Australian.

quote:

PRIVATISING assets is one of the few ways of dealing with “uncompetitive’’ union agreements that have driven up labour costs and electricity bills, one of the nation’s most respected government-owned business chiefs has declared.

Writing in The Australian today, Vince Graham, the chief executive of Networks NSW, which comprises the three state-owned electricity companies that operate the industry’s poles and wires, warns that unions in the state have entrenched unproductive and uncompetitive work practices.

In a dramatic escalation of the debate over electricity privatisation, Mr Graham says unions have opposed privatising networks in NSW for the past two decades “to protect their labour monopoly” and warns that uncompetitive union agreements that will inevitably lead to outsourcing pose the greatest threat to the job security of his workers.

Privatise the assets because that way it will get rid of the unions.

Australian.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Can't wait until someone makes an 18c complaint over it a al Mike Carlton and SMH won't happen

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Actions of ISIS give Tony Abbott a second term. Can't wait.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Anidav posted:

Actions of ISIS give Tony Abbott a second term. Can't wait.

Given Bill Shorten's personality it is unsurprising this will happen as he will follow John Kerry's stellar campaign policy of "I stand for nothing, but against those things you don't like about the other guy" and then get confounded when he loses.

Big Steveo
Apr 5, 2007

by astral

Lid posted:

Australian.

Australian.

Vince Graham used to be my CEO and a number of times he was defeated by unions (most notably by a planned rail strike on world youth day). It was only then he was urged by the labor transport minister to compromise. He has harbored a grudge ever since.

Since moving to networks he has been slowly destroying Union influence and fighting a drug testing regime pushed by the ETU. So far the courts have ruled in ETUs favor at least twice.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Lid posted:

Given Bill Shorten's personality it is unsurprising this will happen as he will follow John Kerry's stellar campaign policy of "I stand for nothing, but against those things you don't like about the other guy" and then get confounded when he loses.

Bullshit.

All they need is for John Faulkner to summon the ancient Labor metalworkers to reforge the shards of Narsil and present it to Tanya Plibersek.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

CrazyTolradi posted:

It's really lovely but yeah, I really do wish you the best but QLD is a loving hole for younger people to find work. If you wanted full time, I could probably hook you up but I'm fairly certain you're a student still so causal or p/t would be what you need?

Hi, just wondering what you have on offer?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Les Affaires posted:

Bullshit.

All they need is for John Faulkner to summon the ancient Labor metalworkers to reforge the shards of Narsil and present it to Tanya Plibersek.

is this a metaphor for reuniting the alp and dlp or

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Lid posted:

Australian.

Australian.

Because the last time we put a bunch of unqualified apprentices near electricity, it worked out really well!

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
Apologies for news.com.au:

http://www.news.com.au/world/middle...q-1227030382871

Interesting perspective coming from an entertainment company that published a beheading photo on the front page of their mastheads a week ago.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

Pope does it again

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

What's the teamswap button? How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
No coach Reinhart?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Endman posted:

What's the teamswap button? How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?

Changing teams only occurs on death.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
ICAC has now become an amorphous blob as it's pretty much now official that Labor and Liberal were part of the same scheme.

quote:

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/disgraced-former-labor-minister-joe-tripodi-and-eric-roozendaal-preferred-nathan-tinkler-to-labor-colleague-jodi-mckay-icac-20140819-105mlv.html

Disgraced former Labor minister Joe Tripodi and Eric Roozendaal preferred Nathan Tinkler to Labor colleague Jodi McKay: ICAC August 20, 2014 - 5:46AM

33 reading now

Kate McClymont, Michaela Whitbourn

Explosive documents tendered at a corruption inquiry suggest former Labor minister Joe Tripodi and his colleague Eric Roozendaal abandoned government policy to support Nathan Tinkler's billion-dollar plans for a coal terminal.

The Independent Commission Against Corruption heard on Tuesday that Mr Tripodi, then a Labor backbencher, was flown to Newcastle in Mr Tinkler's helicopter to meet executives from the coal mogul's company Buildev in November 2010.

Internal Buildev notes reveal the company was plotting with Mr Tripodi to get government support for a $1 billion coal terminal in the Newcastle suburb of Mayfield.

Mr Tripodi's colleague, the then Newcastle MP Jodi McKay, supported the government-approved policy for a container terminal to be built on the Mayfield site, but Buildev wanted this stopped at all costs.

''Joe – going to get Eric to stop Anglo deal going to board this Thursday,'' the internal Buildev notes said, in a reference to the rival proposal backed by Ms McKay.

The note went so far as to suggest that Mr Roozendaal, then NSW treasurer, would seize control of the land and insist that a deal was done with Buildev.

The inquiry has also heard that in October 2010 Mr Roozendaal met with Buildev executives.

Departmental documents reveal that officials were worried Mr Roozendaal's support for Buildev's proposal would ''involve a departure from the NSW government-approved direction for the development of the Mayfield site''.

Seated at the back of the ICAC hearing room on Tuesday was Mr Roozendaal, who now works for a Chinese property developer. He and Mr Tripodi are expected to give evidence in coming weeks.

Ms McKay sensationally told the commission in May that after rejecting an attempt by Mr Tinkler to bribe her into supporting his coal terminal, she received a call from Mr Roozendaal, displeased with her rebuffing the coal magnate.

Ms McKay said later that same day a document from Mr Roozendaal’s department, which undermined the viability of the container terminal, was leaked to the Newcastle Herald.

In other evidence, Mr Tripodi's close friend Vince Fedele, a printer, was questioned about the former Labor powerbroker's involvement in an anonymous smear campaign against Ms McKay in the weeks before the March 2011 election. She narrowly lost the seat to the now disgraced former Liberal MP Tim Owen.

The campaign involved 10,000 ''Stop Jodi's Trucks'' leaflets being distributed, which falsely suggested that the lives of Mayfield residents would be ruined by 1000 trucks a day rattling through their neighbourhood to service the container terminal.

The inquiry heard Mr Tripodi was even involved in the ''process of layout and suggesting colours'' for the leaflets.

Mr Fedele said that Mr Tripodi asked him to ''try to keep me out of it'' when journalists started asking questions about his involvement in the leaflets.

''Joe was pretty much involved in the whole process,'' he said.

ICAC has heard that the anti-McKay campaign was funded by Mr Tinkler's company Buildev. Property developers are banned from making political donations in NSW under laws passed in 2009.

It is also illegal to distribute anonymous campaign material after the writs for an election are issued.

Mr Fedele said that he was told to make out the $9000 invoice for the flyers to ''Darren'' – a reference to Buildev co-owner Darren Williams – but he did not know who this was.

Ms McKay broke down in the witness box earlier this year after she learned that Mr Tripodi and Buildev were the likely source of the flyers.

NSW: The Right Wing Fucks Everything And Everyone.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
On phone but god drat

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/why-exempt-pensioners-from-copayment-pm-20140820-3dzqw.html

Tony Abbott has given a strong signal his government won't exempt pensioners from its planned $7 GP co-payment.

The prime minister argued pensioners were not exempt from making a co-payment on taxpayer-subsidised medicines.

"Why should they be exempted from the Medicare co-payment?" he told Fairfax Radio on Wednesday.

Who are you expecting to vote for you?!

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Lid posted:

On phone but god drat

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/why-exempt-pensioners-from-copayment-pm-20140820-3dzqw.html

Tony Abbott has given a strong signal his government won't exempt pensioners from its planned $7 GP co-payment.

The prime minister argued pensioners were not exempt from making a co-payment on taxpayer-subsidised medicines.

"Why should they be exempted from the Medicare co-payment?" he told Fairfax Radio on Wednesday.

Who are you expecting to vote for you?!

Idiots.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Lid posted:

Because they are the only people who vote for you :cripes:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Scorched earth, I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The LNP have become too comfortable taking donations from businesses to realise that they don't actually have a vote. Since businesses have been so helpful in providing political donations I guess its not surprising that the NSW LNP wants businesses in the CBD to get a vote.

Surely the CBD business voting block doesn't give a poo poo about pensioners paying co-payments, right?

• Locked thread