Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

zen death robot posted:

Tim Pool is kind of a bad reporter, really.

He's alright...just kinda like white noise as we're observing the events. The two other Vice personnel are very good reporters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Mr. Glass posted:

yeah -- yesterday they weren't even allowing reporters to have 1-on-1 interviews on the sidewalk. Seems a lot more relaxed tonight

Spoke too soon it seems.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Nah, I mean real food, not chips and beef jerky. I think there's enough clueless Tims out there and not enough people doing logistics. I realize your post was a joke, but still.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
and as I type that they start clearing parking lots for no apparent reason

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Ferguson Riots with special guest Admiral Ackbar.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
"Hands up, keep moving"

Shits about to go down.

Edit:

Looks like the protesters are still trying to keep things peaceful, which is a good thing.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Thomas Morton is a really good reporter and is one of Vice's A-Listers.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
he's mooching water again

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
Cops are gonna gently caress this up once more.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me

Mr. Glass posted:

he's mooching water again

another shot.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

KernelSlanders posted:

Well, the cops are being very confrontational. They are not allowing any large groups to form and they're not allowing any groups to stand still.

Still not as confrontational as last night. 24 hours ago the police were lined up in the middle of the street in phalanx formation, blasting the LRAD at protesters and media and were begging for a fight. I don't see that tonight, at least on the streams I'm watching.

Edit: hope I didn't speak too soon.

Rhesus Pieces fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Aug 20, 2014

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
people on twitter pointing out that the whole crowd is surrounded by the cops at this point.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Wow those peace keepers are the worst protesters ever protesters need to stop listening to them they are prob hired by police.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
what stream are you guys on?

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

Mr. Glass posted:

people on twitter pointing out that the whole crowd is surrounded by the cops at this point.

Man I hope this turns out ok but the last few nights haven't been encouraging. :smith:

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

The train is amazing

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!
Peace train returns!

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
:siren: PEACE TRAIN :siren:

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.
Everyone get on-board :magical:

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Thomas the Tank Engine cosplayers rolling through downtown Ferguson

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
OH poo poo IT'S THE PEACE TRAIN!

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
Police just herded everyone into the street and now are yelling at everyone to get out of the street

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Rogue operating systems on occasion spread lies and rumors about me.
Is the scanner stream still up?

Amos Moses
Oct 13, 2012

by Ralp
Peace train loving hypnotized everyone holy poo poo.

Amos Moses
Oct 13, 2012

by Ralp
Tim strikes out twice in a row.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Trying to mooch peace keepers.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!
I seriously want to know the origin story of the peace train. Where did it come from? Who made it? Why did they make it? Where does it go after the protests? So many questions.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

KernelSlanders posted:

Is the scanner stream still up?

looks like it http://www.ustream.tv/channel/st-louis-county-police-scanner

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
'the more obedient we are the better it is'

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Strongylocentrotus posted:

I seriously want to know the origin story of the peace train. Where did it come from? Who made it? Why did they make it? Where does it go after the protests? So many questions.
It just materializes where it is needed, after the need is over it vanishes into the ether until one day when it will ride the rails again.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

hahaha that loving cop in a polo uniform shirt and a bigass riot helmet.

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Damiya posted:

'the more obedient we are the better it is'

:smith:

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

:iiam: is all we will ever know

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
A demonstrator is shaking the hands of every police officer there. This is what they need more of in that town.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Man, I may just go to sleep, this is pretty dull. I mean, dull is good, but around this time last night, poo poo was getting real.

Is the ARGUS stream up to anything?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

SirJohnnyMcDonald posted:

A demonstrator is shaking the hands of every police officer there. This is what they need more of in that town.

What they need is something other than an overbearing police force who escalates everything so that they have to do this poo poo to keep their protest going in the first place.

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Some dude owns a small amusement park with the (bootleg?) Thomas train. He made it for the park. He brought it because, peace trains are cool. When they're done it goes back to the amusement park and returns to a Thomas train.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Is the ARGUS stream up to anything?
Protestors marching in a rectangle chanting and having a successful demonstration.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

hcreight posted:

What they need is something other than an overbearing police force who escalates everything so that they have to do this poo poo to keep their protest going in the first place.

I was seeing reports earlier in the evening that there are a lot of plainclothes officers out tonight. hopefully the goal is to extract instigators from the crowd instead of escalating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
dammit the redditors are back

• Locked thread