Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Ferguson Riots with special guest Admiral Ackbar.

Glad I'm not the only one who heard that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

Tim: Any of these gun have live ammunition?

Cop: Oh definitely!

That was a protester I think

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Learn a loving thing about guns, Tim. T

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
The only difference between a normal shotgun and a less-lethal one is paint scheme. They still can shoot real shells.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Damiya posted:

:siren: the white guys don't think it's a race issue :siren:

"It's not a race issue!"

Dunno, that's a lot of black people protesting the death of a black kid.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

"The officers don't like that question."

The question being whether or not these fucks are expecting to kill people.

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.
:siren: RECAP TIME :siren:

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

zen death robot posted:

good work on not paying attention to whats going on around you guys
If you heard what they followed up with, I think they misunderstood the question. They said the protesters are getting along fine and people are being nice to them even though they are white. I don't think they were denying this about systemic racism, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
Wait the cops killed a black kid? gently caress I didn't know that, thanks for the recap Tim.

Tim died welp.

e: Tim. not Time.

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Rogue operating systems on occasion spread lies and rumors about me.
Am I missing something or would it be really surprising if a cop went out in public without a gun with live rounds in it?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Compendium posted:

"It's not a race issue!"

Dunno, that's a lot of black people protesting the death of a black kid.

"You're just injecting race into the situation. Did you ever consider that he may have been shot because he was a man and the cop was a self-hating man AKA a feminist? I have some literature that"

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

I am absolutely confused as to what less lethal could mean. Ade they the guns for killing people or not?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
No Tim, the world will fall apart without that Recap!

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

The-Mole posted:

Cop sounded excited saying definitely.

Do you want to shoot black people?

:cop: Definitely!

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

ohgodwhat posted:

I am absolutely confused as to what less lethal could mean. Ade they the guns for killing people or not?

Beanbags/rubber slugs etc.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

KernelSlanders posted:

Am I missing something or would it be really surprising if a cop went out in public without a gun with live rounds in it?

In America, sure. Everywhere else in the world that isn't in a straight-up civil war? No, not really.

FAUXTON posted:

85 bullets in a single year (2011) from all the cops in Germany combined?

Okay, compare that to the over 100 rounds fired on a newspaper carrier's pickup truck (with three innocent people injured) on a case of mistaken identity in a single incident in 2013.

Man cops in America are hosed up.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
Tim killed the stream with his recap

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

ohgodwhat posted:

It means there's a chance it WONT kill you. Maybe.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie
I had a hard time making him out but the Argus stream sounded like the main protest was about to (voluntarily) disperse. Organizers telling people to meet tomorrow at 9 am.

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

Down In The Pit... There's It!

ohgodwhat posted:

Well you know how tazers only occasionally kill people? That's what less lethal means.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

WarEternal posted:

Not targeted at gfsincere specifically but, I think someone could do a lot of good down there just doing food service, I see lots of "haven't eaten anything all day" comments from people there.

We've been doing that since day 2, actually, along with a few other groups. The news doesn't show everything.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

ohgodwhat posted:

Not all of them. The "Less than lethal" are the beanbag shotguns. But yeah, they can still be absolutely lethal if used by poorly trained, overworked, stressed out cops.

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

ohgodwhat posted:

They're guns that can totally kill people but you can say you didn't intend to kill them.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Why can't Tim borrow a solid connection?

gregday
May 23, 2003

The community leader is telling people to meet at the Justice Center tomorrow at 9AM and to go home tonight.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005

Damiya posted:

Idk about anyone else but that's not really acceptable to me.

How is it that Europe deals with the knife wielding menace when many of their officers are unarmed?

Uh dude have you seen that crazy video of those guys cutting people's heads off in the uk? Like I'm pretty sure they'd have popped a cop with no gun p. easy. If I was a cop and a guy was relatively close to me while trying to kill me with a knife I'd shoot his rear end too. Speaking as someone who has stabbed a person in self defense, don't get loving stabbed.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

ohgodwhat posted:

It depends on the ammunition used. That orange shotgun more than likely had shells with rubber slugs in them. Those are less than lethal in that they won't kill what they hit (usually) and will just leave huge bruises and feelings of regret.

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

I was making fun of Tim...

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

ohgodwhat posted:

Non-lethal are things like tear gas and LRAD. ITs going to be really unfun, but you won't die. Less-than lethal are things like beanbags, rubber-bullets, and tasers. The intent isn't to kill someone, but its still a possibility if it hits in the right spot.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/WesleyLowery/status/501949189446967297

quote:

@WesleyLowery
Organizers requested to be allowed to gather people for a prayer to end protest. Man on police radio: "and I told them absolutely not"

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

MariusLecter posted:

It means there's a chance it WONT kill you. Maybe.

Most less than lethal options are sold as "with proper training this had an X% likelyhood of not killing someone" however you look at the cops shooting tear gas canisters directly at protestors (They should in an arc) or beanbag rounds in close quarters (also dumb) you get back up to almost as bad as real bullets territory.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

cochise posted:

It depends on the ammunition used. That orange shotgun more than likely had shells with rubber slugs in them. Those are less than lethal in that they won't kill what they hit (usually) and will just leave huge bruises and feelings of regret.

The cop regretting he drew the rubber slugs.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Why can't Tim borrow a solid connection?

He invested most of his skill points in recap, so he only has a few in the mooch tree, and even less in reporting.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Calling them less lethal rounds is refreshingly honest. Don't have to dance around the irony of people frequently being killed by "non-lethal" rounds.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie
I watched them gather for the a prayer and a couple of short speeches. Whoever said no got overruled.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

tim back

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ANOTHER RECAP YES

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

So the police can pray during press, but not the protestors?? Classy.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
oh good another recap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
with another recap

• Locked thread