Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Strawman posted:

Fellaini cost £27 million, also

Yeah, and the guy is saying you have to spend money, but not waste it on players like Fellaini which is what we've done?

Net spend does not equal spend. Chelsea have spend 472 million, City 438 and United 265 since 10/11 season. We havent sold a player for an amount over 7 million since Ronaldo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
One of the best two goalies in concacaf

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

The Big Taff Man posted:

Yeah, and the guy is saying you have to spend money, but not waste it on players like Fellaini which is what we've done?

Net spend does not equal spend. Chelsea have spend 472 million, City 438 and United 265 since 10/11 season. We havent sold a player for an amount over 7 million since Ronaldo.

You haven't sold a player for over £7m since Ronaldo and Chelsea just sold David Luiz for £50m. Hell, it's starting to sound like Man United don't know how to buy nor how to sell. Clueless club. Absolute shambles.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

The Big Taff Man posted:

Tbh, that says more about United's lack of strength in depth than anything else.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Machinegunboyo posted:

You haven't sold a player for over £7m since Ronaldo and Chelsea just sold David Luiz for £50m. Hell, it's starting to sound like Man United don't know how to buy nor how to sell. Clueless club. Absolute shambles.

I dont doubt that, but the guys point still stands and is not a bad post imo

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Haggis Heed posted:

Tbh, that says more about United's lack of strength in depth than anything else.

Wrong thread for this but one thing United have had, apart from the last couple of seasons in midfield, is buckets of strength in depth. Probably part due to not shipping out loads of players. A team that can start three defenders after having three defenders injured, four defenders leave and only one arrive isn't exactly lacking loving numbers.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
It is now

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Ninpo posted:

Wrong thread for this but one thing United have had, apart from the last couple of seasons in midfield, is buckets of strength in depth. Probably part due to not shipping out loads of players. A team that can start three defenders after having three defenders injured, four defenders leave and only one arrive isn't exactly lacking loving numbers.

That's not strength in depth that's just depth.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Ninpo posted:

That's not strength. That's just a bunch of players.

E: never seen the above post.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Strength in depth means having lots of cover for positions, loving hell you're retards it doesn't mean having loving world class players 5 injuries in on a single position ffs.

United have been famous for strength in depth it's how we've won as many titles has we have while being in other competitions. Last couple of seasons in midfield, and now in defence with LVG wanting 3 active centre backs with some cover, is where we lack any depth, but the dumb comment saying we've no strength in depth and that's why we've only sold 7m of players is loving ludicrous.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
You don't have strength in depth if you just have a bunch of dogshit players, Ninpo. Also nice meltdown.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ninpo posted:

Strength in depth means having lots of cover for positions, loving hell you're retards it doesn't mean having loving world class players 5 injuries in on a single position ffs.

Yeah this is completely wrong.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Ninpo posted:

Strength in depth means having lots of cover for positions.

No it doesn't.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I'll give you a clue Ninpo, since you are a clown, the keyword is "strength"

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Man these are some really loving terrible posts! Sources?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Ninpo posted:

United have been famous for strength in depth it's how we've won as many titles has we have while being in other competitions. Last couple of seasons in midfield, and now in defence with LVG wanting 3 active centre backs with some cover, is where we lack any depth, but the dumb comment saying we've no strength in depth and that's why we've only sold 7m of players is loving ludicrous.

lol

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Ninpo posted:

Where's this from?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Ninpo posted:

lmao

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Gigi Galli posted:

www.goal.com/storyid66904.html

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

they're coming from inside the internet

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

I'd be very surprised if they sell Kagawa. He's one of their main money spinners. If he goes, they'll probably bring someone else in like Honda.

Such a waste of a player. Its so obvious they just bought him to sell shirts in asian while not playing.

Hopefully they don't do the same with Heung-Min Son. I think Woodward is too stupid to target a young up-and-comer like him though. That and the fact that their "asian quota" is filled at the moment.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Strawman posted:

I'd be very surprised if they sell Kagawa. He's one of their main money spinners. If he goes, they'll probably bring someone else in like Honda.

Such a waste of a player. Its so obvious they just bought him to sell shirts in asian while not playing.

Hopefully they don't do the same with Heung-Min Son. I think Woodward is too stupid to target a young up-and-comer like him though. That and the fact that their "asian quota" is filled at the moment.

loving lmao

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

quote:

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

None of these are funny, what am I missing?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Insanely Sikh posted:

None of these are funny, what am I missing?

Hips?

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Enough about bloody chips already, goodness

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Insanely Sikh posted:

Enough about bloody chips already, goodness

Did someone say...chips?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUn4-6huLOM

irlZaphod