Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

"Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most..."
gently caress! When I purchased my PS4 I said I would only buy exclusives, I got a Vita, 360 and a PC to support! But this thread has got my finger itching over the trigger for D3. I have it on PC, I have a decent laptop with HDMI out, I even used xpadder so I could play with a 360 controller.. So why the gently caress am I considering it?

I'm weak, but with Destiny around the corner I just gotta hold out....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkJC
Jul 6, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

So, does Diablo 3 get harder, other than jacking up the difficulty level? It sure seems like I'm a walking nuclear slaughtertank or something. I mean, I think I had to use one on the fight with Leoric, but none before or since. My hit points never drop below 80% or so, and then get refilled by health drops immediately after.

Act V enemies might be a bit tougher, but mainly to make it harder you increase difficulty. Once you beat the game you'll unlock Torment difficulty, which has 6 difficulty settings all on its own.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Mango Polo posted:

It's only tangentially related to the PS4, but... any suggestions on how to format the PS4 drive for use on PC? I swapped the PS4 HD into a portable case, it gets recognized when plugged into my PC and drivers get installed fine... but I cannot find the drive. Device Manager says it's there, but there no way to access it.

Did you check Disk Management? I think Windows(7+) is more polite these days and will not offer to straight up format drives with unrecognized partitions.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Obsurveyor posted:

Did you check Disk Management? I think Windows(7+) is more polite these days and will not offer to straight up format drives with unrecognized partitions.

Oh, had no idea about that! Added Disk Management to my google search and now I see there's a specific way of handling that (delete all partitions, create a new, larger partition). Cheers!

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Loving Diablo so far. Playing couch coop and inviting two other friends couch cooping on their own system was awesome!

If anyone wants to add me, please do: PSN FragoBren

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/tgs2014/index.html

Capcom's TGS line-up. Looks like Deep Down isn't going to be there.

Rest in peace.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hopefully they're re-tooling it into a not Free to Play shitpile. Ahahahaha.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Mango Polo posted:

It's only tangentially related to the PS4, but... any suggestions on how to format the PS4 drive for use on PC? I swapped the PS4 HD into a portable case, it gets recognized when plugged into my PC and drivers get installed fine... but I cannot find the drive. Device Manager says it's there, but there no way to access it.

I had to go to Admin Tools > Disc Management. It's divided into a bunch of partitions; you have to delete all of them then format the drive.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
(Diablo Post)

Fellow dungeon crawlers,

Add my PSN ID: antihobo

I will shower loot upon you in return.
_______

Serious question:

How much has damage inflated from vanilla? I finished my PS3 version with roughly 280,000 dps, 8000 armor and 90k hp. Clearing monster power 5 was pretty easy.

Will I be able to blow through the content back up to level cap on the highest difficulty, or will attempting that make me go splat?

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I was ready to waltz into Gamestop and get D3 when my roommate called me and told me he picked it up for his Xbone. Good thing cause my root canal was not cheap.

I guess I'll ask here too since it's likely the same on the PS4, we play 4-player couch coop, didn't mess with any settings but by default, each dropped item had a color and player number next to it and would go to them no matter who picked it up, is this new for UEE or just a multiplayer setting? I thought it was awesome being able to save some time like that.

I don't know if it's the reward items but the game is incredibly easy even on Hard, we're all under level 20 but each of us has at least 1 Orange and 2 Yellows and we never run out of mana.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
Diablo is perfect for people like me who almost never play with people outside a small group, but still want to be nice to people on their friends list. This is to say that if you add casnorf to your friends list, and also play Diablo 3 on the PS4, you might get cool stuff, too.

Difficultychat: Hard is normal, basically. You can start fresh on Hard and be way ahead of the the expected power curve very early due to the experience bonus. Three of us actually cranked the difficulty up to Expert halfway through Act I on new characters yesterday, and finally started feeling like champion packs were something to be teamworked.

Casnorf fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Aug 20, 2014

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Manac0r posted:

gently caress! When I purchased my PS4 I said I would only buy exclusives, I got a Vita, 360 and a PC to support! But this thread has got my finger itching over the trigger for D3. I have it on PC, I have a decent laptop with HDMI out, I even used xpadder so I could play with a 360 controller.. So why the gently caress am I considering it?

Playing on the console with a controller is a whole different experience being able to dodge roll away from bad things. Makes it more like a 3rd person action game like God of War.

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

'sup :buddy:

Manac0r posted:

Dude, Destiny is like three weeks off, plenty of time for Diablo 3

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

feraltennisprodigy posted:

Dude, Destiny is like three weeks off, plenty of time for Diablo 3

This is the exact reason I bought D3. I needed something to steal my time until it comes out. I was like "Oh I can get through August with Last of Us and Bound by Flame."

Nope, no I can't.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.
Does anyone know if you can play downloaded games like Road not Taken an P.T. without connecting to the internet? I noticed that it had to verify the licence when the PSN was freaking out one day, but downloaded the teaser remotely. Did the verification need to be a one time deal or does it have to be connected all the time?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Ularg, what's your psn-id? I'll add you when I get home. One of the reasons I'm excited to try D3 on the console would have to be my hands. After playing so much Torment on my wizard, my fingers were being destroyed as I tried to hold them in an awkward position over the ctrl and shift keys. So I'm looking forward to using a normal controller.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I hope I'm not opening up a can of worms with this post but I didn't see anything in the OP that helped me much so

I'm getting a next gen system soon for Destiny (and other games, obviously, but Destiny was my starting point) and am wondering which system has the better exclusives lineup. I was more into the 360 last gen, but was leaning PS4 this time because it looks stronger from a hardware standpoint, but the only exclusive I really know about that interests me is for the XBone (Sunset Overdrive). Is there somewhere that lists and compares the exclusives? Is there anything else worth noting?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

IcePhoenix posted:

I hope I'm not opening up a can of worms with this post but I didn't see anything in the OP that helped me much so

I'm getting a next gen system soon for Destiny (and other games, obviously, but Destiny was my starting point) and am wondering which system has the better exclusives lineup. I was more into the 360 last gen, but was leaning PS4 this time because it looks stronger from a hardware standpoint, but the only exclusive I really know about that interests me is for the XBone (Sunset Overdrive). Is there somewhere that lists and compares the exclusives? Is there anything else worth noting?

Bloodborne is all you need.

(also the ps4 has the better running version of destiny with the most exclusive content.l

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Do you want to play the next Tomb Raider holiday 2015 or holiday 2016?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

haveblue posted:

"XBOX SHOOT BOW. XBOX. SHOOT BOW, XBOX."

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

"Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most..."
gently caress it, let's Reap some souls! Got D3 downloading as we speak, feel free to add this weak willed goon:

PSN: Manac0r33

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Math You posted:

(Diablo Post)

Fellow dungeon crawlers,

Add my PSN ID: antihobo

I will shower loot upon you in return.
_______

Serious question:

How much has damage inflated from vanilla? I finished my PS3 version with roughly 280,000 dps, 8000 armor and 90k hp. Clearing monster power 5 was pretty easy.

Will I be able to blow through the content back up to level cap on the highest difficulty, or will attempting that make me go splat?

My solo t6 barb on pc had something like 680k sheet damage, other goons posted over a million, but they were basically at the point where there was nothing left to do. I forget the rest of the numbers, but no, you will not be doing t6 difficulty. You will most likely pick up a blue item in a5 that is better than whatever you had farmed this far.

Ed: Actually I forget is torment available before you beat a5? If not then maybe you can play on the highest difficulty.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Kingtheninja posted:

Ularg, what's your psn-id? I'll add you when I get home. One of the reasons I'm excited to try D3 on the console would have to be my hands. After playing so much Torment on my wizard, my fingers were being destroyed as I tried to hold them in an awkward position over the ctrl and shift keys. So I'm looking forward to using a normal controller.

PSN is Phorrum. Be careful, hurting my hands on a keyboard was the same reason I've went from PC to PS4. But after playing D3 for 6+ hours straight, the pain still comes and it's the same!

I just got scared shitless by an elite invading my world. The controller was vibrating and a huge horn was blasting out of my speakers. Could you guys sign a petition if I set one up to get Blizzard to add "You're being invaded" and "Invader Defeated" to D3?

crackton
May 9, 2009

haveblue posted:

More like "Do you want to be able to play both the next Tomb Raider AND Uncharted 4 without buying 2 systems?"

edit: Also from everything I've seen/read regarding Sunset Overdrive it seems like the poor man's Second Son.

edit 2: I believe you were looking for something along the lines of this for a purely objective standpoint of game listings. Then again it is IGN...

crackton fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Aug 20, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

haveblue posted:

I don't know if I really care!

I'll check out Bloodborne, though.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

PantsBandit posted:

"XBOX SHOOT BOW. XBOX. SHOOT BOW, XBOX."
Just for fun, it's worth mentioning that TR on PS4 supports all the same voice actions as the bone version, and there's no reason the next version won't either. Unless they have to remove voice control to get it running at 913p or something (or 1080p/~NaN FPS) on the bone.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I'm interested in Sunset Overdrive, too, but I think you're better off waiting for reviews on it. Insomniac has made some great games but recently they've been having some issues. I sure hope they can deliver with Sunset Overdrive, though - I think it looks cool. The only other Xbone exclusive I'm familiar with is Forza 5, which I was able to play on a friend's console. It seemed pretty good, but basically just an incremental upgrade to the Forza formula.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

There are tons of exclusives for both systems, but the PS4 seems to have a lot more. Many of them are indie games, and indie developers have been flocking to Sony systems for the past couple years and that trend seems to be continuing, if you like that sort of thing.

If you have friends that prefer a specific console, it might be better to get that one so you can play with them.

Here are some exclusive XBone games:
1) Halo Collection
2) Sunset Overdrive
3) Forza
4) Fable Legends

Some PS4 Exclusives:
1) Infamous: Second Son
--Infamous: First Light standalone
2) The Last of Us Remastered (must play)
3) DriveClub
4) The Order: 1886
5) Bloodborne
6) Ratchet & Clank Remastered (must play if you missed them previously)
7) Uncharted 4 (they may release the first three Uncharted remastered)

It's important to note that the PS4 is more powerful, so third-party games will most likely run better on the hardware. This is already happening, with stuff like Assassin's Creed: Black Flag and Metal Gear Solid already being graphically superior on the PS4 (sometimes quite jarringly), and there is no reason to think that won't continue.

Destiny shouldn't vary too much between the systems, but the "main" system for the game is the PS4. Some developers could choose to limit the PS4 version so both consoles run and play the same.

The PS4 also currently has double the user-base world-wide (PS4 has something like 40% more users in the US than the XBone), so finding people online should be much easier on the PS4 than the XBone.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Has anyone tried using their PS4 controller on PC? I looked into it briefly but saw all this stuff about having to download drivers for the xbox controller and change setting around and I just sort of decided I didn't care enough. I want to play Dark Souls though and apparently it's much better with a controller so I suppose I'll just have to figure it out.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also, the Bone is a miserable pile of secrets.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

PantsBandit posted:

Has anyone tried using their PS4 controller on PC? I looked into it briefly but saw all this stuff about having to download drivers for the xbox controller and change setting around and I just sort of decided I didn't care enough. I want to play Dark Souls though and apparently it's much better with a controller so I suppose I'll just have to figure it out.

This is the one game where it was better to not use the PS4 emulator because it acts up. Basically you use the 360ce app in a specific manner and it works perfectly.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I've had no problem with using DS4Tool to use my PS4 controller. That said my PS4 controllers still don't like having the MicroUSB cables in them and they fall out and disconnect just from regular use or sitting on a flat surface.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

PantsBandit posted:

If only it was in the OP? Takes about 3 minutes to get going

DarkJC
Jul 6, 2010

Ularg posted:

I've had no problem with using DS4Tool to use my PS4 controller. That said my PS4 controllers still don't like having the MicroUSB cables in them and they fall out and disconnect just from regular use or sitting on a flat surface.

One of mine has this issue too, in my opinion the port placement was poorly chosen. Setting it down flat with a cable plugged in will usually result in some upward pressure on the cable, which (in one of my controllers, anyway) can cause it to lose the connection.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

You can use the DS4 wirelessly on PC? I mean yeah you gotta charge it at some point

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
If I recall correctly, provided you have a Bluetooth dongle, yeah. Same way you can use the DS3 wireless.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy
Does D3:UEE have the in-built "play with three randos" feature? Because for whatever reason, I enjoy that.

300+ friends though, so it's not like I'll be hard up for parties at the moment, just thinking about later when I'm using it as a Destiny buffer.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

DarkJC posted:

One of mine has this issue too, in my opinion the port placement was poorly chosen. Setting it down flat with a cable plugged in will usually result in some upward pressure on the cable, which (in one of my controllers, anyway) can cause it to lose the connection.

Yup, exactly my problem. I thought I was going crazy until I just kind of softly pet the cable and watched it disconnect and reconnect constantly. Really hate the switch to Micro from just Miniusb.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

IcePhoenix posted:

I also had a 360 last-gen and never bought a PS3. I'm very happy with my PS4 and while there are some exclusives on the XBone that are intriguing, the PS4 lineup certainly has the upper hand for me as it stands.

Also the XBone has a pure hardware disadvantage that it can't ever overcome, the majority of cross-platform games will look & run better on the PS4 unless the developer has gone for intentional parity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Crows Turn Off posted:

exactly what I needed

Thanks, this is great. My friends mostly play on PC so I usually just play with goons, and there are plenty on either system.

• Locked thread