Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

TheMcD posted:

Remember, a vote for me is a vote for America, and it's America that made Wrexham what it is today.

Yeah but my policy of megabastard assault is more American than what your doing. Haven't you seen Red Dawn? Don't you remember the American Revolution? That's what I'm setting out to do.

Also I noticed in the CL final stream that the Scottish Sharpshooter's PA was at 4.5 stars versus the 4 stars in the Depth chart screenshots at the beginning of the season. Obviously you can raise CA, but how do you raise PA? Or was I just misreading the star ratings in that stream?

One more thing, you already have avg CA/PA for EPL teams, but can you do one for the top 10 or 15 richest European teams? I'd like to know how we stack up against PSG and Madrid when we take them on in the Champions League.

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Aug 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
Gotta vote for Xtanstic, he has just the right amount of megalomania and power.

Rogue Norwegian
Apr 6, 2011
Hm... Dreamsicle

Dane
Jun 18, 2003

mmm... creamy.

Dreamsicle posted:

Also I noticed in the CL final stream that the Scottish Sharpshooter's PA was at 4.5 stars versus the 4 stars in the Depth chart screenshots at the beginning of the season. Obviously you can raise CA, but how do you raise PA? Or was I just misreading the star ratings in that stream?

Star ratings are an iffy metric to measure by, really. As far as I understand it, they're based on the average rating of your squad - and by your assman's judging ability. So if you have a squad full of CA 200 players, a PA 150 isn't going to rate very highly. In FM13 (at least before the first patch) you could change the star rating significantly just by moving other players to your youth team. In short, star ratings will fluctuate depending on the composition of your team.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Dane posted:

Star ratings are an iffy metric to measure by, really. As far as I understand it, they're based on the average rating of your squad - and by your assman's judging ability. So if you have a squad full of CA 200 players, a PA 150 isn't going to rate very highly. In FM13 (at least before the first patch) you could change the star rating significantly just by moving other players to your youth team. In short, star ratings will fluctuate depending on the composition of your team.

Well the problem is, Wrexham's first team has been getting stronger so if anything his star rating PA should have been going down.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Ghostwoods. I liked his ad more than Dreamsicle's, and clearly it's my job as a director to find appealing media for the television-consuming public along with embezzling funds for my private mansion on the French Riviera.

Soccer strategy? What's that?

Dane
Jun 18, 2003

mmm... creamy.

Dreamsicle posted:

Well the problem is, Wrexham's first team has been getting stronger so if anything his star rating PA should have been going down.

It could be something as minor as the few points players tend to lose in the off-season, a drop in a relevant, highly weighted stat of one point can be enough to drop in evaluation.

Also, the potential star rating is based on a theoretical idea of how his attributes are distributed. In pure numbers terms, if he has 40 points left on his card and they're distributed evenly, he won't become as good as he would be were they distributed to key stats. This is also why you'll find CA 130 players doing a lot better job in their given role than CA150 players. There's not much need for a fast winger to go from 16 to 20 heading. Sure, he'd increase his CA by X points - not much since the attributes are weighted - but it'd be a waste of potential. So I'm guessing that the potential evaluation is based on a somewhat even distribution of remaining attributes.

And scouts, assmans and coaches are idiots as far as evaluating players anyway. They're pretty much only good for spotting injury prone liabilities or negative personality traits.

e: that was a lovely explanation, sorry. My point was:

If he's gained a few points in highly relevant stats for his position, it might be enough to increase the potential evaluation.

Dane fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 19, 2014

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
I'm all about Xtanstic and his campaign's style.

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:

TheMcD posted:

Remember, a vote for me is a vote for America, and it's America that made Wrexham what it is today.

'Merica. gently caress Yeah :911:

1 (one) vote for TheMcD

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I'm voting for Xtanstic. I want us to get all Harlem Globetrotter up in here.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Dane posted:

There's not much need for a fast winger to go from 16 to 20 heading. Sure, he'd increase his CA by X points - not much since the attributes are weighted - but it'd be a waste of potential.

Unless you decided to start playing him as an Inside Forward. All those back post headers... :allears:

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Casting my ballot for Dreamsicle.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
With just over 17 hours before polls close, Dreamsicle is on the verge of a first ballot victory, with 7 out of 15 votes cast thus far.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

I vote for Dane. We need to show our rivals that we are a cultured as well as a ruthlessly successful bunch.

IDOLA
Sep 17, 2005

:-)
I vote for canti32. I like the cut of his jib.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Sure, I know Dreamsicle is Mr. (or Ms.) Charm Offensive. Which is great. But this is just a friendly reminder that I'm the candidate Scott Brown himself* supports!

habeasdorkus posted:

Ghostwoods gets my vote, because I loathe Patrick Pattison with the heat of a thousand suns. Also, we're rapidly going to reach the point where the real challenge is seeing if we can go undefeated in a season. We didn't make any huge additions to the club and I accidentally let the Bastard go and yet it's mid-December and we've lost 1 match. Well, 2 matches.

* or, at least, the man who wears him like a glove...

Dane
Jun 18, 2003

mmm... creamy.

Ghostwoods posted:

Sure, I know Dreamsicle is Mr. (or Ms.) Charm Offensive. Which is great. But this is just a friendly reminder that I'm the candidate Scott Brown himself* supports!

Yes, Scott Brown is a wonderful manager. And no one has more respect for what he has achieved alongside our previous chairmen than I. But he needs a strong partner at the head of the boardroom table, an equal; not a yes-man that he can trample or someone who's simply a figurehead for AJ_Impy (Dreamsicle, I'm looking at you!) We narrowly avoided the corrupt empire of the Shadowing-family. Now is not the time for another family dynasty in the boardroom.

What Brown needs - what the club needs - is someone who's not afraid to say no when it's in the best interest of the club, someone who's completely incorruptible. A man from a country that for years now has been rated among the two least corrupt countries on Earth by Transparency International: A Great Dane.

(Munin, I've got your name on those vip boxes like you asked for).

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Dean, to discredit me as a puppet of someone with as little vision as AJ is insulting. He has promised us and delivered A Champions League title and A Premier League title but notice how they are all singular. One title is not enough. When I am done here, I want Wrexham to be the undisputed, undefeated champions of all of football. I want annual septuples and I want annual undefeated seasons.

But most of all, I want those megabastards, especially those run by rich oligarchs who wallow in the muck of their own avarice to be destroyed! While AJ was merely content on having Arse relegated, it just simply isn't enough. City, United, Chelsea, Real Madrid, PSG are going to burn like Rome in 64 and Liverpool and that amateur operation Scamowing has in Southampion will stay burning. Wrexham never needed an owner's fat pocket to guide us to glory and that's what makes us different and better than all those megabastards. And when the last megabastard goes down, only then will I consider football to be, saved.

OOC: This speech is probably going to look really stupid if it already isn't, if Wrexham gets bought out while I'm president. And yes getting names wrong of my opponents is going to be part of my gimmick.

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.

Dreamsicle posted:

And yes getting names wrong of my opponents is going to be part of my gimmick.

That does it, voting Dreamsicle for more Jerichoisms.

And maybe a sparkly jacket in the mail?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Smoky Bandana posted:

That does it, voting Dreamsicle for more Jerichoisms.

And maybe a sparkly jacket in the mail?

If habeas told the candidates to cut wrestling promos I would have started going full Y2J.

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 20, 2014

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice
Well, now I have to vote for Dreamsicle as well.

Man City are assclowns.

Timmy Age 6
Jul 23, 2011

Lobster says "mrow?"

Ramrod XTreme
Ghostwoods made a badass ad and I am duly convinced to vote in their favor.

Timmy Age 6 fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 20, 2014

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Dreamsicle gets my vote.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Dane posted:

...not a yes-man that he can trample or someone who's simply a figurehead for AJ_Impy (Dreamsicle, I'm looking at you!)

On the contrary. What we need is exactly a figurehead for AJ_Impy. Dreamsicle is willing to continue my vision, netting us more titles, more champions leagues, and seeing yet more Megabastards relegated. He will be following in my footsteps, and that means more glory for Wrexham, more agony for our rivals.

Dane
Jun 18, 2003

mmm... creamy.

AJ_Impy posted:

On the contrary. What we need is exactly a figurehead for AJ_Impy. Dreamsicle is willing to continue my vision, netting us more titles, more champions leagues, and seeing yet more Megabastards relegated. He will be following in my footsteps, and that means more glory for Wrexham, more agony for our rivals.

Interesting.

Dreamsicle itself claims to not be a figurehead for you, in fact, it even disavows you somewhat, but you back it fully and claim that it practically is.

If this campaign of yours is an indication of how you will run the club, we're in for a messy old time.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Dane posted:

Interesting.

Dreamsicle itself claims to not be a figurehead for you, in fact, it even disavows you somewhat, but you back it fully and claim that it practically is.

If this campaign of yours is an indication of how you will run the club, we're in for a messy old time.

Wrexham's first major trophies, the dragon statue and the maxed stadium are indications of how I ran the club. Hardly messy, and I expect to see more of the same from Dreamsicle.

Dane
Jun 18, 2003

mmm... creamy.

AJ_Impy posted:

Wrexham's first major trophies, the dragon statue and the maxed stadium are indications of how I ran the club. Hardly messy, and I expect to see more of the same from Dreamsicle.

Oh, I have, as I've stated on multiple occasions, nothing but respect for your accomplishments. I just have my doubts about my fellow candidate and his ability to run a club of Wrexhams size when he's clearly having problems with running something as relatively minor as a campaign.

But as they say, Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

AJ_Impy posted:

No, what we need is a figurehead for Sky Shadowing. Who among us was the one who led us to the Promised Land of the Premier League? Everything that was accomplished in your reign had the foundations laid in mine. Would AJ_Impy have led us to the Premiership while we wallowed in League One, sitting there in his office, nursing dreams of revenge against Arsenal for imagined slights? I think not! Wrexham would still be in the League, with teams of such glory as York and Scunthorpe and Tackleford.

For those who point to my... issues with Southampton, I will remind you that no matter how much money you have, you need the right managers and pieces, and that there is still only one Scott Brown. And it was I who gave him my trust and let him lead Wrexham to glory.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Sky Shadowing posted:

No, what we need is a figurehead for Sky Shadowing. Who among us was the one who led us to the Promised Land of the Premier League? Everything that was accomplished in your reign had the foundations laid in mine. Would AJ_Impy have led us to the Premiership while we wallowed in League One, sitting there in his office, nursing dreams of revenge against Arsenal for imagined slights? I think not! Wrexham would still be in the League, with teams of such glory as York and Scunthorpe and Tackleford.

For those who point to my... issues with Southampton, I will remind you that no matter how much money you have, you need the right managers and pieces, and that there is still only one Scott Brown. And it was I who gave him my trust and let him lead Wrexham to glory.

Ski Scamowing, if you weren't too idiotic to read my last speech you would have known that you betrayed the Wrexhamholics by using your illegal goods to try and make a megabastard for an opponent. You didn't try to get Southampton powerful through victory, but through money and for that I'm putting you on the hitlist. When the Y2D era arrives every megabastard, especially oligarch backed ones will burn and football will never, never, EVER, BE THE SAME A-GAIN.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

:siren:Election, Round Two:siren:

The final results from the first round are in, and Dreamsicle missed being elected in the first round by two votes.

Results
Dreamsicle: 10
Ghostwoods: 4
Xtanstic: 3
TheMcD: 2
canti32: 1
Dane: 1

The top two move on to the runoff, make your choice between Ghostwoods and Dreamsicle by noon EST on Saturday, August 23.

Dreamsicle posted:

FADE IN: An aerial shot of Wrexham

V/O: (Chris Jericho soundalike) 10 years ago, Wrexham took a chance on a just-fired American.

CUT TO: Scott Brown's first press conference at Wrexham

RADIO: The Wrexham Board has confirmed that former Tackleford manger Scott Brown has been hired by...

V/O: Since that fateful day, Wrexham has been on one hell of a ride. From giant-killing...

CUT TO: Racecourse Ground, January 7, 2017: Wrexham vs Derby FA Cup Third Round

RADIO: Bailey sending another corner in... AND ADRIAN READ SCORES! Wrexham four, Derby nil!

V/O:... to three consecutive promotions...

CUT TO: Stadium of Light, May 4, 2019: Wrexham vs Sunderland

RADIO: Mujkic to Pym who is all alo- GOAL! Wrexham is now 20 minutes away from going to the Premier League!

V/O:...to European Glory, Scott Brown has done it all.

CUT TO: Santiago Bernabeu, May 27 2023: Wrexham vs Manchester United Champions League final

RADIO: AND IT'S ALL OVER! WREXHAM ARE NOW THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!

V/O: And if I get elected, I guarantee that Wrexham will experience European Glory and more for as long as I am around. Vote Dreamsicle, and Wrexham will never EVER be disrespected again! And one more thing. Megabastards, the worst is yet to come.

We'll play possession soccer as it has not failed us in the last few years. Wrexham shall stay the course on it's youth oriented style. (C and D) Also I just realized my slogan (the last sentence in the ad) is very easy to be misconstrued but I like it.

Ghostwoods posted:

[INT. Night.]

JUSTIN BAILEY is in a darkened sports hall in the middle distance, picked out by a spotlight. He's playing keep-up with an odd-shaped ball, pulling off athletic moves to bounce the ball off knee, shoulder, chest and head as often as off his feet. The only sounds come from his amazing ball-work. As we close in, he lobs the ball into the darkness. Another spot picks up MATEO MUJKIC, who charges into the lob with a roar. He taps it back up into the air as we swoop in towards him, and then slips into a spinning roundhouse kick. The ball seems to almost hang in the air as he whips round to hammer it. Just before impact, the camera zooms in to clearly show that it is, in fact, the severed head of Man City manager PATRICK PATTISON.

Pattison's head flies through the air in a shimmer of lightning. Tall iron braziers flame to show the head smashing into an eight-foot-tall pyramid of severed heads. Many of the faces are painted with Tackleford colours on their cheeks. A blood-red throne sits atop the mound, snarling Welsh dragons its arms. Seated within it, managerial candidate GHOSTWOODS glowers out at the camera.

A golden slogan in a simple, sans-serif font fades in over the screen:
WREXHAM

A moment later, the rest of the slogan appears below it:
TOTAL CONQUEST

[Fade to black]

Style: II

Policy: A, D.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Aug 20, 2014

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Dreamsicle no doubt for me. I have to give it to awesome wrestling promos.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
Dreamsicle - let's stay the course!

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
I will vote for Dreamsicle as well.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Dreamsicle

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
I find your lacks of faith... disturbing.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Dreamsicle

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I don't change horses in midstream. Ghostwoods is the only man to offer me a chance to play keepy-uppy with Patrick Pattison's skull.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
My endorsement is no mere empty words. Dreamsicle is going to go out there and retain all our trophies. And at Wrestlemania XXXX in Madison Square Garden, he's going to take home the WWE World Heavyweight Championship for Wrexham!

Dane
Jun 18, 2003

mmm... creamy.
While neither candidate is ideal (for one thing, they're nowhere near Danish enough), I have to go with Ghostwoods. There's just too much stench of institutional corruption hanging around Dreamsicle. Plus, he's even worse at names than Joe Kinnear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:
While keepy-uppy with a severed head does have appeal, I'm sure, it is clear how the momentum is breaking.

1 more vote for Dreamsicle, and if he doesn't crack the Community Shield over Patrick Pattison's head at the end-of-season FA banquet, he will have let down goons everywhere.

• Locked thread