Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I feel using the Ixal dailies on any crafting job below 15 is a bit of a waste because even as a casual (like myself) you can get from 1-15 in an hour on any crafting job. Scaling with your level is very neat though and I'm excited for that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

quote:

While on the subject of Soldiery Tomes, Dengeki asked if we’ll be seeing a new form of Allagan Tomestones come the 2.4 update, to which Yoshida said that they don’t have any plans for that at the moment, so you won’t have to worry about cashing in on all the Soldiery items anytime soon.

This is really intriguing. Is it just a technicality, and we'll get some non-tomestone thing that trades in for the next tier of equipment? Or will myth/soldiery stay the same, but the weathered stuff moves to myth and the i120/i130 tier is bought with soldiery?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Samba De Amigo posted:

If it actually does scale to your level that would be crazy, especially once you get higher rank since you can do up 6 Ixali a day. Combine that with leves and daily Grand Company turn in's and you'll be omni-crafter in no time flat.

It's somewhere around 9% of your current level, when I handed in the intro quest by accident on my Alchemist it listed about 53k exp. My 41 GSM was getting about 35k per each quest.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

pksage posted:

the i120/i130 tier

I'm honestly wondering if they'll even go that high in 2.4. i110 is already more than enough for a skilled group on Turn 9, so maybe they'll only go for i120 for third coil and i125 for weapons?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

SpazmasterX posted:

I'm honestly wondering if they'll even go that high in 2.4. i110 is already more than enough for a skilled group on Turn 9, so maybe they'll only go for i120 for third coil and i125 for weapons?

That probably makes sense, I can't imagine they can go much higher if they're going to raise the level cap eventually. I've never been in an MMO with iLVL in addition to character lvl, but would all gear for lvl 51+ be better than all that stuff or would it be ilvl 55 stuff like the normal leveling gear now?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Usually what happens is that the random gear you get from questing or whatever at the start of the expansion is weaker than absolute top tier gear from before but when you hit the new max level the quest rewards and first dungeon drops are equal to or better than the best gear from before.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

SpazmasterX posted:

The friendship circlet works in low roulettes where you're capped under 25! :dance:

Wait, seriously? Holy gently caress I'm slapping that poo poo on every time I take lowbies through dungeons on my Warrior, then.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Kyrosiris posted:

Wait, seriously? Holy gently caress I'm slapping that poo poo on every time I take lowbies through dungeons on my Warrior, then.

It does! I remembered I was carrying it when doing a run on my WHM through Copperbell and figured I'd give it a shot. Went from +103% to +123%.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

SpazmasterX posted:

It does! I remembered I was carrying it when doing a run on my WHM through Copperbell and figured I'd give it a shot. Went from +103% to +123%.

I'll be damned.

...That makes cowls and tin-cans mildly inconvenient, now that I think on it.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Speaking of the friendship circlet, well, I want one. And you want one too! So here's a recruitment code: W6EPGXTD.

Please assist.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Kyrosiris posted:

I'll be damned.

...That makes cowls and tin-cans mildly inconvenient, now that I think on it.

You say that like they weren't already.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

SpazmasterX posted:

But if they did that they wouldn't have a midway tier for 2.5 to use for loot from World of Darkness.

Samba De Amigo posted:

If it actually does scale to your level that would be crazy, especially once you get higher rank since you can do up 6 Ixali a day. Combine that with leves and daily Grand Company turn in's and you'll be omni-crafter in no time flat.
I managed to get Carpenter from low 15 to nearly 19 in 4 dailies before the daily reset, then 6 more after it. Now idea how well it scales past those levels though.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Aug 19, 2014

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

quote:

Materials required to craft components of tools required to craft components of other items such as tools required to craft components of tools.

Um. Yes. Those things. Sure.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I want a neat headband too so here G938EWR4

I promise gil and affection and dungeon runs if you PM me, Kiyro Eastknight.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

SpazmasterX posted:

The friendship circlet works in low roulettes where you're capped under 25! :dance:

You are awesome for posting this.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Robo Reagan posted:

I want a neat headband too so here G938EWR4

I promise gil and affection and dungeon runs if you PM me, Kiyro Eastknight.

You reminded me I kept wanting to ask your in-game name so I could craft some stuff for your newish character, but I think I already did! (Vrinthra Conduin).

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So Reddit seems to think the chocobo dyes are based on an RGB scale, but how is it that they would even know? Isn't it too soon for anyone to have planted and harvested all the food and poo poo? Here's the reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2e0i8a/chocobo_dyeing_rgb_and_you_a_primer/

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Verranicus posted:

So Reddit seems to think the chocobo dyes are based on an RGB scale, but how is it that they would even know? Isn't it too soon for anyone to have planted and harvested all the food and poo poo? Here's the reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2e0i8a/chocobo_dyeing_rgb_and_you_a_primer/

It's just speculation at this point. It's going to be at least three or four days before we start seeing any actual color testing.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah even if you hit fertilizer constantly nobody has gotten an actual fruit out yet.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

I hope you guys can handle this much banana hammock.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

flipoff posted:

Hate to break it to you but there's no banana in that hammock.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.

SpazmasterX posted:

I imagine they will, otherwise more casual players who have already gotten to ilvl 109 in 2.3 will have absolutely nothing to do in 2.4.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

cheetah7071 posted:

Hate to break it to you but there's no banana in that hammock.

FFXIV boys be like

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

flipoff posted:

I really want to believe armor likes this exists because SE finds the bikini platemail that female characters get to be really dumb.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

I really want to believe armor likes this exists because SE finds the bikini platemail that female characters get to be really dumb.
That's an actual literal swimsuit.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

The same armor looks just as dumb/revealing on male characters. For the most part, SE has done a decent job of giving both sexes dumb skimpy armor options.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Ouhei posted:

The same armor looks just as dumb/revealing on male characters. For the most part, SE has done a decent job of giving both sexes dumb skimpy armor options.

Except for dragoons :colbert:

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.

Ouhei posted:

This is one of the best things about the game. If it looks dumb and skimpy on females, it's absolutely going to look the same way on males. It's so refreshing!

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Rexicon1 posted:

Female dragoons have a dumb belly button "STAB HERE PLS" window where the males have some scalemail :sigh:

Dur, I'm agreeing with what you're saying. Typical dragoon player intelligence at work :v:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Apathetic Panda posted:

This is one of the best things about the game. If it looks dumb and skimpy on females, it's absolutely going to look the same way on males. It's so refreshing!

and if it's a loving tincan with zero skin exposed or head movement on males, it's the game on females. it's nice.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/anniversary/na/detail/xiv_hour.html?rgn=na&lng=en

14 hour livestream schedule is up. I'll have to have a second monitor up all weekend to listen to Yoshi-P's wonderful voice :allears: Also if they get Atma in that 14 hour marathon I may be kind of pissed! (Though I'm hovering at about 7/12 with 5-6 hours to my name, I'm sure it's going to end up more than 14)

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Rexicon1 posted:

I said for the most part!

Dj Meow Mix posted:

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/anniversary/na/detail/xiv_hour.html?rgn=na&lng=en

14 hour livestream schedule is up. I'll have to have a second monitor up all weekend to listen to Yoshi-P's wonderful voice :allears: Also if they get Atma in that 14 hour marathon I may be kind of pissed! (Though I'm hovering at about 7/12 with 5-6 hours to my name, I'm sure it's going to end up more than 14)

I think I clocked in at around 18 hours on mine, so it's definitely possible.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I hope in 14 hours, they get less than five atma, then they say "we still aren't going to increase the drop rate."

Daniel
Jan 30, 2004

Dignified.
I hope they spend the first hour with a non-zenith weapon equipped

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
If they keep a pace of 30 fates an hour (not gonna happen) they'll have a very good chance of hitting 12 atma in 14 hours. A more reasonable goal would be 20 hours.

Also stop loving complaining about atma.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
It's a pretty natural reaction when encountering a lovely, archaic game mechanic in the year 2014 to complain about it.

20 hours would be reasonable, but it's also entirely possible to spend that much time getting one drop.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
It's also entirely possible to kill T6 every week since 2.2 and not get your slaying earrings. Doesn't make loot drops a bad thing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I spent almost 40 hours collectively and over 500 fates just trying to get the eastern thanalan atma to drop. I upgraded my spear because I was going to join a new static and thought it would be important for me to have a 100+ weapon instead of my i95. Got the tomestone that run and the sands two weeks later. Didn't give a gently caress anymore about my animus and it sits with 2.5 books completed. I wish I had used it on any of my other 5 zeniths so that I had incentive to actually do it.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Belzac posted:

It's also entirely possible to kill T6 every week since 2.2 and not get your slaying earrings. Doesn't make loot drops a bad thing.

Yeah, but at least you get to open the chest. Atma is literally a null-feedback farm. You could farm for hours and do something stupid like have the Zenith unequipped or be in the wrong zone or something and the game never tells you. Do you really want to defend this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Belzac posted:

This is a really bad comparison.

• Locked thread