Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boz
Oct 16, 2005

Save Russian Jews posted:

Does D3:UEE have the in-built "play with three randos" feature? Because for whatever reason, I enjoy that.

300+ friends though, so it's not like I'll be hard up for parties at the moment, just thinking about later when I'm using it as a Destiny buffer.

It does, just pick a difficulty and an act and it'll match you with a group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

"Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most..."
Ok on launch I lined up for the midnight release of Diablo 3(PC), I purchased a legendary edition and got it signed by a Blizzard developer. But, I actually just got the real D3 I had been waiting for now!

The gamer in me thanks you thread, my inner account not so much, but them the breaks.

The U.I, the roll/dodge mechanic, couch comfort, total controller support, big screen playing, remote play via Vita. Was worth the double dip!

E: Also the quick glance/ quick equip mechanic (via up on d-pad) is priceless and helps with the flow of combat so bloody much!

Manac0r fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 20, 2014

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
It's also a real shame that you have to scroll through your friends list to see what everyone is playing, rather than having it tell you what friends are playing the game you're running on top and then everyone else. I hope they make some changes to the way friends are handled.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Oh I just noticed that Hotline Miami is free, since I bought it on PS3 (I think I may have even gotten it for free via PS+ on PS3). Maybe now I'll finish it. I got stuck on the last level on the PS3 version.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Oh snap, I might have found the Gold headset for $60 (+$8 tax damnit HST) on the tail end of Future Shop's sale.

My one question for anyone who owns it: does it have a slider for party vs game audio? The Pulse Elites did and that was nice to have on the fly, since it seems the PS4 only lets you control that if you're in an actual PSN party and not just talking with in-game audio.

e: Found a few google pics indicating it does! Gonna take the plunge.

Pleads fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 20, 2014

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I still haven't beaten that last boss on the PC. I get murdered so quick.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

Ularg posted:

I just got scared shitless by an elite invading my world. The controller was vibrating and a huge horn was blasting out of my speakers. Could you guys sign a petition if I set one up to get Blizzard to add "You're being invaded" and "Invader Defeated" to D3?

That was the nemesis. And yes, those guys are not kidding around.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Lblitzer posted:

It's also a real shame that you have to scroll through your friends list to see what everyone is playing, rather than having it tell you what friends are playing the game you're running on top and then everyone else. I hope they make some changes to the way friends are handled.

It'd be nice if it worked like Steam where it tells you when friends start playing games that you're currently playing.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Christoff posted:

If only it was in the OP? Takes about 3 minutes to get going

I don't think that works for dark souls pc. When I did it, the controls were all hosed up. But it's the only game that ds4tool doesn't work on.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What I mean is, does it have a difficulty curve, like most games do inside of one difficulty level. So far it's been flat.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Samurai Sanders posted:

What I mean is, does it have a difficulty curve, like most games do inside of one difficulty level. So far it's been flat.

It starts ramping up closer to level 60.

Is PSN making GBS threads itself? I can hardly get messages loaded. I get a notification but nothing loads. Just the spinning loading icon forever.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Samurai Sanders posted:

The monsters scale to you while leveling, so by design their difficulty will always remain consistent (your power will fluctuate with new item/weapon drops). Act IV-V mob comps tend to be harder than others, but that's about it.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

People are buying our console at an alarming rate and we have no idea why!

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/20/mystery-of-ps4-success-and-fighting-to-understand-the-future/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000595

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

exquisite tea posted:

The monsters scale to you while leveling, so by design their difficulty will always remain consistent (your power will fluctuate with new item/weapon drops). Act IV-V mob comps tend to be harder than others, but that's about it.
Well, I just finished act one and I think I used a potion exactly once, and didn't even really need it then. I beat the Butcher without my hp ever dropping below 80%. Maybe I do need to change the difficulty level.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well, I just finished act one and I think I used a potion exactly once, and didn't even really need it then. I beat the Butcher without my hp ever dropping below 80%. Maybe I do need to change the difficulty level.

Yeah dude, Act I, give it time.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ularg posted:

Yeah dude, Act I, give it time.
Well I mean, I still vaguely remember fighting him in Diablo 1, and I remember chugging potions like crazy during that fight.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well I mean, I still vaguely remember fighting him in Diablo 1, and I remember chugging potions like crazy during that fight.

He was an entirely different animal in the first Diablo, though. I wouldn't use him as some sort of benchmark.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Harrow posted:

He was an entirely different animal in the first Diablo, though.
But he was in the same position in the game, right? Wasn't he the boss at the end of act 1? Anyway, I'm just comparing 3 to 1 (I skipped 2) and so far 3 seems much easier. Maybe just because playing with a controller is so much more comfortable, and there's a dodge function?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Samurai Sanders posted:

But he was in the same position in the game, right? Wasn't he the boss at the end of act 1? Anyway, I'm just comparing 3 to 1 (I skipped 2) and so far 3 seems much easier. Maybe just because playing with a controller is so much more comfortable, and there's a dodge function?

The game is just built different. Else I'd expect you to be mad that you don't drop all your gear on death or that you don't need town or identify scrolls anymore.

The difficulty is based closer to endgame. Once you start pushing those Torments then you'll sweat.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

He was a slightly-stronger regular enemy on floor 2 in Diablo 1.

Act 2 in my opinion coming from PC is the hardest overall. Me and most of my friends with vanilla D3 made it to Act 2 on Inferno and then promptly got murdered backwards and forwards.

Once you start gaining levels the elite packs (those 3-4 creatures that glow blue) will start having multiple abilities, as well as new ones that will start absolutely destroying your health and can literally take you from full health to dead in half a second or less if you get caught in one of their attacks.

Currently it all depends on which level you're playing on. Anything below Master should be a cakewalk, Master might be needed for certain specific bosses, and beyond that depends on your gear and familiarity with your class abilities.

X_ThePerfect
Jul 31, 2010
Given all the Diablo talk I realise this is a longshot but is anybody playing PvZ Garden Warfare? If so then how easy is it to jump into a full co-op game?

It looks a bit like ME3 co-op, which was my favourite multiplayer experience of last gen, but I'm not sure if it is going to be worth the money investment if there is no real population to start with.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, jack up the difficulty level, that's what it's there for. Normal is super-easy, and Hard is still pretty easy, in my opinion. They expect you to tinker with it, it's why you can change it at any point and aren't stuck with one difficulty level the whole way through. Some people just want to coast through and hoover up loot, some people want to have to chug health pots. Push it up until it hits whatever level of challenge is fun for you. If you bring it up to a level that is too hard for your gear or is too much of a struggle to be fun, you can always come back down.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

I hope I'm not opening up a can of worms with this post but I didn't see anything in the OP that helped me much so

I'm getting a next gen system soon for Destiny (and other games, obviously, but Destiny was my starting point) and am wondering which system has the better exclusives lineup. I was more into the 360 last gen, but was leaning PS4 this time because it looks stronger from a hardware standpoint, but the only exclusive I really know about that interests me is for the XBone (Sunset Overdrive). Is there somewhere that lists and compares the exclusives? Is there anything else worth noting?

It really depends. Both systems have exclusives at the moment and will continue to get some.

Sony will obviously get Sony IPs from Sony studios, Microsoft will get Microsoft IPs. Sony seems to have a better handle on the indie market but you can supplement that with a good PC and Steam if you get an X-Box.

Sony is more likely, even despite Japan's current lack of console interest, to get Japanese games that the X-Box never will. On the other hand, Microsoft has shown themselves to be perfectly willing to fund exclusives, so they are getting a Platinum game. There's a good chance this will die out. (Microsoft did the same for early X-Box 360 too) but still.

Most of the non-exclusive IPs not by a super-Japanese publisher are likely to come to both systems eventually. Tomb Raider will almost certainly be on PS4 within 6 months to a year and Titanfall 2 or whatever will probably not be X-Box exclusive. However Microsoft is putting their money towards early exclusives so that may be something to keep in mind if you're impatient.

Multiplatform games will almost universally run better on the PS4 unless a developer screws up because the PS4 is a more powerful system. Kinect has kinda been taken out behind the shed and shot so it is unlikely to get much in the way of new features.

I would say the PS4 is the way to go for future potential as they have a stronger lineup of first-party studios and are more likely to get quirky Japanese support but at the moment they're a bit even with Microsoft having a slight edge in actually released titles. (Although a good PC also has most of those exclusives too.)

In terms of big PS4 upcoming exclusives:
The Order: 1886, Bloodborne, DriveClub, Uncharted 4, and Little Big Planet 3 are probably the biggest ones hitting in 2014/2015 that we know of. For Microsoft it's Sunset Overdrive, Halo Remastered, Crackdown 3, Scalebound, and Phantom Dust. There are obviously others though.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Aug 20, 2014

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

StarkRavingMad posted:

Yeah, jack up the difficulty level, that's what it's there for. Normal is super-easy, and Hard is still pretty easy, in my opinion. They expect you to tinker with it, it's why you can change it at any point and aren't stuck with one difficulty level the whole way through. Some people just want to coast through and hoover up loot, some people want to have to chug health pots. Push it up until it hits whatever level of challenge is fun for you. If you bring it up to a level that is too hard for your gear or is too much of a struggle to be fun, you can always come back down.
Oh, I figured you had to start over to play a different difficulty level.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

ImpAtom posted:

It really depends. Both systems have exclusives at the moment and will continue to get some.

Sony will obviously get Sony IPs from Sony studios, Microsoft will get Microsoft IPs. Sony seems to have a better handle on the indie market but you can supplement that with a good PC and Steam if you get an X-Box.

Sony is more likely, even despite Japan's current lack of console interest, to get Japanese games that the X-Box never will. On the other hand, Microsoft has shown themselves to be perfectly willing to fund exclusives, so they are getting a Platinum game. There's a good chance this will die out. (Microsoft did the same for early X-Box 360 too) but still.

Most of the non-exclusive IPs not by a super-Japanese publisher are likely to come to both systems eventually. Tomb Raider will almost certainly be on PS4 within 6 months to a year and Titanfall 2 or whatever will probably not be X-Box exclusive. However Microsoft is putting their money towards early exclusives so that may be something to keep in mind if you're impatient.

Multiplatform games will almost universally run better on the PS4 unless a developer screws up because the PS4 is a more powerful system. Kinect has kinda been taken out behind the shed and shot so it is unlikely to get much in the way of new features.

I would say the PS4 is the way to go for future potential as they have a stronger lineup of first-party studios and are more likely to get quirky Japanese support but at the moment they're a bit even with Microsoft having a slight edge in actually released titles. (Although a good PC also has most of those exclusives too.)

Hell, even with Microsoft buying up a few exclusives, doesn't the PS4 have more lined up? And many of them long before Halo 5?

While Sony doesn't have a huge exclusive franchise like Halo, they've always been good at providing a range of solid exclusives in different genres.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Can't sign in on my PS3 with my PSN+ account that I made for my PS4 because the email address doesn't fit in the text box. :pwn::pwn::pwn::pwn::pwn: I remember this problem when I bought the PS3 nearly eight years ago, good loving job not fixing that obvious oversight Sony.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I forgot how much I suck hard Hotline Miami is. Fun game, though.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Not going to lie, the upcoming Uncharted 4 played a big role in my decision.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Also PS+ gives you two free games each month, though it's mainly indies right now.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

That's about the fluffiest fluff piece I've ever read.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

PantsBandit posted:

That's about the fluffiest fluff piece I've ever read.

Welcome to games journalism

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Casnorf posted:

Diablo is perfect for people like me who almost never play with people outside a small group, but still want to be nice to people on their friends list. This is to say that if you add casnorf to your friends list, and also play Diablo 3 on the PS4, you might get cool stuff, too.

Difficultychat: Hard is normal, basically. You can start fresh on Hard and be way ahead of the the expected power curve very early due to the experience bonus. Three of us actually cranked the difficulty up to Expert halfway through Act I on new characters yesterday, and finally started feeling like champion packs were something to be teamworked.

Ditto all of this, but replace "casnorf" with "liquidypoo"

Seriously, we may never actually play together but I would still like to send people gifts and receive sudden gifts from strangers.

In that group of three Casnorf is mentioning here, it actually got a little hectic once champion packs felt closer to a teamwork thing. We were all yelling at each other that we needed help with a group at one point, not realizing we had stumbled into three separate groups of champions. It was a little trying, but we all managed to clear our individual groups :c00l:

edit: Butcher chat! Dude's not even threatening anymore. It's a little disheartening for him to have a goofy rear end arena and a mustache-twirly entrance speech provided by whats-her-face.

liquidypoo fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 20, 2014

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
Feel free to add me for some Diablo 3 fun times - PSN : SpheresOfBadness

I too like sending stuff to people. Apologies in advance if it's a Nemesis (I just imported a character from the PS3 version and haven't played it in a while).

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Dammit, goons! Stop talking me into D3! I still have TLOU and some Yakuza games and Towerfall and my last playthrough of Second Son and all this other poo poo!

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Morby posted:

Dammit, goons! Stop talking me into D3! I still have TLOU and some Yakuza games and Towerfall and my last playthrough of Second Son and all this other poo poo!

Also less than three weeks till Destiny... get ready

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

zenintrude posted:

Also less than three weeks till Destiny... get ready

This is the time of year where I have to choose between my love of gaming and my love of football.

:negative:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Morby posted:

We're all just waiting for Destiny. If you're waiting for something later (Bloodborne, sucka) then you probably should get ready for a long wait.

Also, absolutely do not let the Nemesis get started. I wanted to see who he killed and waiting just a few seconds meant poo poo got real. Just kill it, kill it fast. Nemesis is going to get scary once we get into Torment levels.

Also all the nemesis I get are from this pubby that sent me a friend request after I went like 25 and 3 in Destiny beta. He's so adorable.

Pubbie: "Are there alot of ppl plain that?" (Diablo 3)

Me: "Yea, its a good game to hold me over till Destiny." (I have gotten really good at using the Dpad to put out messages really fast)

Pubbie: "Ohhhhh u had same idea but u fast like gazelle"

:3:

Morby posted:

This is the time of year where I have to choose between my love of gaming and my love of football.

:negative:

Sounds like someone should have bought an Xbone :colbert:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

How do ground-targeted AoE skills work in Diablo 3 on PS4? Spells like Blizzard or Meteor, for example. I'm a Wizard junkie, so as much as I want to try out the Crusader I'm pretty sure I'll be back to my laser-and-meteor-flingin' pal in short order.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

EC posted:

I forgot how much I suck hard Hotline Miami is. Fun game, though.

I'm finding it easier with the DS4 for whatever reason, using the trackpad to look at and target off-screen guys seems to work really well at times. Finally beat it last night and got the secret puzzle thing complete and everything, just need to get all the masks I think, and then the trophies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Ularg posted:

We're all just waiting for Destiny. If you're waiting for something later (Bloodborne, sucka) then you probably should get ready for a long wait.

Sounds like someone should have bought an Xbone :colbert:

I'm definitely interested in BloodBorne and Drive Club. This time of year is always crazy for games, though. There is still stuff on PS3 I know I'm gonna want to play.

Also, about the Xbone and the NFL, what exactly have they done besides pay millions to be the "Official Console of the NFL" and a fantasy football app that literally nobody ever uses?

• Locked thread