Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Rich Radbards posted:

Scroll Down to Accept End User License

S'daeul for short.

Eula (or Eulah) is an actual name I've come across now and then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Why settle for Demo? Why not name the kid 30 Day Trial?

His childhood friends were Freeta Play and Inna Appurchase.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

so this just popped up on my feed

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

bean_shadow posted:

She's provided me with some good material. You could say that about any of the people we feature in this thread.

I know. On the one hand I like when the thread has content. On the other hand, I don't like when some of these people have friends.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

That DICK! posted:

Wow. Let us know how this plays out.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

That DICK! posted:

:suspense:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Why did you only censor one name?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I actually know that guy.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Whenever I see people type like that, I always imagine them saying it out loud as they type it out, much like they do on TV.

I hate your stinking guts, you make me vomit

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick

That DICK! posted:

Rich is going to get some angry rear end.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
All of these people are from upper-middle class suburbs in St. Louis and are talking about Ferguson.

And just as a palette cleanser:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Yes my gun-shaped object carved from the same wood used to make board game pieces is fully loaded!

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

why not have your kid be ad-supported, and change their name every year to whoever bids the highest

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

All of these people are from upper-middle class suburbs in St. Louis and are talking about Ferguson.

That Bichon means business. Although it's weird that it's claiming to be of the human race.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm currently working in a gift shop, which has a ton of stuff that's personalized with names, and I hear adults bitching constantly about how nothing ever has "Benjamyn" or "Kamryn" or "Addison" or some stupid name like that on it. What the gently caress do you expect? You decide to give your kid some weird-rear end spelled name to make them unique, then complain when the name isn't normal enough for products to be made with it on them.

And yet you never seem to have enough Bort license plates.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

90's shareware game, you need to buy a license to get the kid past age 10.

Commodore 64
Apr 2, 2007

The sky was the color of a television tuned to a dead channel that was orange
Is there some sort of law for if a woman says anything a MRA will show up?

Here's how it all began.

Marsha gets shot down.

MRA Ed Itorial shows up. Would it be kosher to post a photo of this guy?
Just so you can place a face to the horrible, horrible posts.
Also, loving 18 year olds? We're both 28.

"Writes in a journal what works and what doesn't".
"Hello, FBI. Can you drive by this guys house and take a look around? Like maybe the basement or the shed?"

That's where it ended last night. Here's some more from this morning. This is still going and even now I've got more to post. Ed keeps digging after he's been shot down.

"Women are very interesting beings"
I'm sure they are to Ferengi like yourself.

Sorry, MRA/PUA/sleezbag.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Rich Radbards posted:

Scroll Down to Accept End User License

S'daeul for short.

Pronounced Shadwell

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Haha write that the fedora you grew is getting bigger every time he posts that nonsense.

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah, that whole "I go up to 10 women a day and tell them they look sexy and they thank me" can definitely be cross posted to the stdh.txt thread.

And just to be clear, he gets offended at the implication that catcalling is wrong in the first series of posts and then accuses Mack of catcalling in the last post? Wait, I'm sorry, he doesn't accuse him of catcalling, but then he does...but then he doesn't.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Huntersoninski posted:

I know. On the one hand I like when the thread has content. On the other hand, I don't like when some of these people have friends.

#firstworldproblems

Living in Missouri, I could probably fill the thread for days and days with all the Ferguson stuff coming across my feed. Outside of that Payless store macro I posted a couple pages back, though, all the garden-variety racism and one-sided "reporting" just kind of blend together.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Blind Pineapple posted:

#firstworldproblems

Living in Missouri, I could probably fill the thread for days and days with all the Ferguson stuff coming across my feed. Outside of that Payless store macro I posted a couple pages back, though, all the garden-variety racism and one-sided "reporting" just kind of blend together.

Yep, several of my Missouri classmates and relatives are posting some terrible terrible things. The ones who still live in my hometown are posting the worst stuff. I'm so glad I got the hell out of there.

PUGGERNAUT has a new favorite as of 17:58 on Aug 20, 2014

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Here's some more awesomeness from the south.

Send liberals to Africa! :argh:

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Here's some more awesomeness from the south.

So, wait, is this one saying that real moms shoot their kids when they misbehave? I guess that's one way to make sure the little poo poo listens next time. If there is a next time.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Send Feed liberals to Africa! :argh:

ftfy

And what? I've seen plenty of commercials trying to help starving kids in America too.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

So, wait, is this one saying that real moms shoot their kids when they misbehave? I guess that's one way to make sure the little poo poo listens next time. If there is a next time.

It's a play on the Moms Demand Action gun control group.

It's not really effective because Moms Demand Action sprung up around the Newton shooting, so the picture sorta implies that moms should hang around schools as armed guards. It's not the worst pro/anti gun thing in the thread, but it's still pretty bad.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Atmus posted:

It's a play on the Moms Demand Action gun control group.

It's not really effective because Moms Demand Action sprung up around the Newton shooting, so the picture sorta implies that moms should hang around schools as armed guards. It's not the worst pro/anti gun thing in the thread, but it's still pretty bad.

Kind of ironic, because it was a mom owning guns that gave the Newton shooter access to the weapons he used.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Send liberals to Africa! :argh:

Our ancestors invaded your continent, got filthy as gently caress rich by stripping it of its resources and stealing your people for slavery, which disrupted your way of life for decades upon decades with no easy foreseeable end. Why are you asking for our help?!?!?!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

More on Ferguson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwXwEWmAqvE

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Picnic Princess posted:

Our ancestors invaded your continent, got filthy as gently caress rich by stripping it of its resources and stealing your people for slavery, which disrupted your way of life for decades upon decades with no easy foreseeable end. Why are you asking for our help?!?!?!

"But that was so long ago, why can't they just get over it, I never enslaved anyone and neither did my parents and grandparents and we don't have slavery nowadays, so I don't see what the problem is! Also they sold their own people so it's not just us being evil!"

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

This person works as a cashier in a grocery store. Apparently cis men can't go grocery shopping without offending someone just for being white and cis and needing food. And no, there is not a hint of sarcasm there.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
If they have chronic anxiety issues, then that's just a sampling error. :pseudo:

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

This person works as a cashier in a grocery store. Apparently cis men can't go grocery shopping without offending someone just for being white and cis and needing food. And no, there is not a hint of sarcasm there.

I love (hate) how this kind of person is actually more offensive to their supposed cause than to anyone else, by presuming that they can tell at a glance who is or is not "cis".

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

This person is the same person who put a huge trigger warning for alcohol on a picture of a six pack of beer.

Problem! has a new favorite as of 21:31 on Aug 20, 2014

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Intersectionality makes it harder to write someone off an an oppressor. In past decades maybe a feminist would say "ugh, MEN!" or a person of color would say "ugh, WHITE PEOPLE!" but now people feel they have to stipulate "ugh, STRAIGHT WHITE CIS ABLE-BODIED NEUROTYPICAL WEALTHY WESTERN FIRST-WORLD" ad nauseum because they're trying to blow off steam and walk on glass at the same time.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

Person in question is a privileged white person but feels the need to be offended by literally everything. Latest post is posting an article about how watching football means you're instantly a domestic abuser.

Commodore 64
Apr 2, 2007

The sky was the color of a television tuned to a dead channel that was orange
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I would reply with this to everything they post.

So it looks like the dust up from earlier is settled down.

Among the many things I don't like about the MRA guy; he keeps editing his replies.

I've noticed that quite a few MRAs are drawn to Deepak Chopra/quantum focusing/new age bullshit as well. Maybe it's something that comes with the turf?

Recap of characters:

Artie Choke: MRA/PUA. As ugly on the outside as he is on the inside. Wants to have sex with girls in HS. 28.

Al Toesacks: Guy Artie knows. Reformed PUA? IDK.

Frank N. Stein: Friend of the all time winner of best FB Anonymizer name:

Mario Speedwagon: The:mrapig:FEMALE:mrapig: that committed the crime of not liking being stared at by creepy old dudes.

The last 2 posts accurately sum up all sane peoples thoughts here

But then a new status update from Artie!

MAKES U THINK, HUH?

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I stumbled upon a bucket of crazy today because of a science new story comment section:

Let's take a look at this rational response:

So it's a facebook link, which I click on...just to see.

Seems legit.

Wake up!

And the obligatory enormous block of text post. Here are some choice bits (the full bit is just a loving huge block of text that I feel dumber for having read):

quote:

What I have to say is important but impossible to believe. I am going to start by talking about pictures of the Earth from space to break this wall of deception so that we can get into the meat of what I need to tell you after. If you search images of Earth from space, you will get results of the Apollo 17 image, pictures more recently made by NASA, computer generated images, and possibly some of NASA's other work. The fact is that if you do research into these images, you will find that the more recent pictures from NASA aren't even being claimed by them to be of actual pictures of Earth from space. Given with what you are left with in the image search, you are pretty much left with the Apollo missions that are supposed to be real and the obvious computer generated images. Now this should be shocking to people but they never even think about it, because we don't even know that anything is wrong with anything related to NASA at all.

quote:

Given the half century of NASA's work in low Earth orbit, which later expanded to the solar system, by now we should have hundreds, if not thousands of real pictures of Earth from space.

quote:

You will learn that evidence is key, and the only way you are going to learn of what is really happening in the world.

quote:

I learned of the actual fraud and crimes of the U.S. government in December 2013. I was mortified by what I had learned about JFK's autopsy when I was going through the evidence. I studied the assassination and I now have an understanding of what happened to the President. Because of my love of science, I eventually learned that the fraud actually extends into science as well. This was shocking for other reasons, because that is not how science is supposed to even work.

quote:

Since I had learned that we never went to the moon, the pictures of the Earth from space fell into question as well. I examined them and found them closer resembling a giant physical model since the clouds were not changing in the time that was being represented by the Earth's rotation in the various pictures.

quote:

Not only is NASA doing nothing in the solar system, I had to study satellites since they should be able to take pictures of Earth from space. GPS satellites are at a distance that they can take sizable pictures of Earth, and yet those pictures do not exist. There are supposed to be satellites in geostationary orbit as well, very far out, and the images just don't exist. I was learning that satellites passed low Earth orbit didn't even exist, because if they did, we would have thousands of pictures of Earth from space by now. I had to investigate everything NASA claims to do. Like I stated, I love science, and I wanted to know what they actually can do, and where the lies end. With months of investigation, I found that NASA actually does nothing. They are even lying about their climate change data in their models. They are simply a tool to lie to the American people and the world. Powerful people control the world, and what we are made to believe about our countries and our sovereignty turns out to also be nonsense.

quote:

Another shocking fact, similar to the space programs all being a lie, is the fact that nuclear weapons do not even exist. All of the video evidence for them is fraud.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Higgy posted:

huge block of text that I feel dumber for having read
You and me both. Like, how the gently caress does he think gps works then? Also how the gently caress do people keep getting constantly loving dumber? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

Pilchenstein posted:

You and me both. Like, how the gently caress does he think gps works then? Also how the gently caress do people keep getting constantly loving dumber? :psyduck:

Car travel is impossible wake up!

• Locked thread