Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lfield
May 10, 2008
The guy who witnessed it on twitter said there were 2 clear shots, then a barrage. Assuming he isn't wrong or lying for whatever reason, I'd guess there was one shot in the car, then Brown runs, the officer exits the car and shoots again, Brown stops and turns, then gets shot multiple times while either trying to surrender/rushing the cop like the Juggernaut.

Unless he was literally insane I am going to rule out rushing at a cop who is firing a gun at you based on it being ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

zen death robot posted:

Which means it's someone who has no loving business talking to the media about an investigation in progress.
No wonder they would only speak on condition of anonymity.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

zen death robot posted:

Which means it's someone who has no loving business talking to the media about an investigation in progress.

its almost like they're trying to drive a narrative that absolves the pd of wrongdoing while casting doubt on the situation to sway public opinion away from the protestors :monocle:

gregday
May 23, 2003

So the Grand Jury thing was this morning at 9AM? Did I miss something or has anything come of that yet?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

gregday posted:

So the Grand Jury thing was this morning at 9AM? Did I miss something or has anything come of that yet?

IIRC they want to stall until October.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

gregday posted:

It doesn't matter. They've smeared the victim. They're doing the same with witnesses now. Absolutely nothing is going to come of this.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

gregday posted:

Nothing other than the timeline given by the wanabe cop prosecutor pretty much points to him drawing out the investigation as long as possible so he can acquit the officer once the media frenzy dies down.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

uncurable mlady posted:

brave police officers defending us from muties thuggies

excuse me, the juggernaut isn't a mutant, he's xavier's step-brother, cain marko, who found the magic ruby of cyttorak in korea and was granted it's power after picking it up and reading an inscription written on it

:goonsay:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You know why NPR kicks rear end? Because here's their latest Ferguson headline

quote:

Rights Of Protesters, Media Misunderstood In Ferguson

The opening of the story:

quote:

In the days since a white police officer shot and killed an unarmed black teenager in Ferguson, Mo., people have been on the streets to register their outrage.

But the police response to those protests has stoked nearly as much anger as the shooting did.

Law enforcement officials have defended many of their actions as a way to keep people safe in a chaotic and sometimes dangerous situation. But it's a dynamic that needs to be balanced against core First Amendment principles: the right to assemble, the right to speak, freedom of the press.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

gregday posted:

The Grand Jury is a stall tactic, because it's being run by the shithead county DA. He's already saying he might not finish presenting his case until October.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

FactsAreUseless posted:

Why would Brown charge when his hands were up? Did he lower his head and wave his arms wildly in the air and scream "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" while charging?

Clearly powering up for the finishing move Def Jam: Fight for NY style

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Officer Wilson should be lauded as the hero who saved Missouri from the Chaos Dunk

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Ernie Muppari posted:

excuse me, the juggernaut isn't a mutant, he's xavier's step-brother, cain marko, who found the magic ruby of cyttorak in korea and was granted it's power after picking it up and reading an inscription written on it

:goonsay:

is that actually true, also, nerrrrdddddd

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

zen death robot posted:

Also the officers report as to what happened to him by now.

This probably doesn't exist. There is a police report (which we actually know the number of), but the officer probably invoked rather than compile a report that would lock in details of his story, which would mean someone else wrote it up.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

uncurable mlady posted:

is that actually true, also, nerrrrdddddd

it is 100% true, also, charles and cain were both in korea during the korean war

because it was written in the 60s

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

lfield posted:

The guy who witnessed it on twitter said there were 2 clear shots, then a barrage. Assuming he isn't wrong or lying for whatever reason, I'd guess there was one shot in the car, then Brown runs, the officer exits the car and shoots again, Brown stops and turns, then gets shot multiple times while either trying to surrender/rushing the cop like the Juggernaut.

Unless he was literally insane I am going to rule out rushing at a cop who is firing a gun at you based on it being ridiculous.

And even if he beat up the cop and then charged the cop with his hands up, the cop still shot at him while he was running. There is absolutely no way to look at this and make the cop come out looking clean.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Popular Thug Drink posted:

They dont' really change, because the essential problem is that Wilson almost certainly used excessive force. Except now with the additional twist that after the police murder you, they'll go through your life history and find some reason to justify it to racist white people. So the protests remain the same, but with more racist white people tut tutting about it.

Yeah, the fact that the cops didn't immediately discuss firm details and evidence of Battered Officer Wilson is itself suspicious.

I don't know what the standard procedure is on these cases but delaying the release of this information only makes the process seem less transparent. Then again the Ferguson PD has shown itself to be comically incompetent and every single stage of this process so who knows, I would believe it if Officer Wilson tripped over his untied clown shoes and fell facefirst into a pie.

This post sums up the fanatical, anti-white, anti-police sentiments underpinning some of the support of the 6'4", ~295 pound behemoth who (if it is him on the video) had just robbed a store and who (so the police report) had attacked the officer who shot him. There's such relish exhibited in the denigration of law enforcement and of whites who choose to side with the law enforcement interpretation of the incident. Those who would wax poetic about Brown's presumption of innocence are the same people who want to try an officer for murder in the court of public opinion.

I can understand a call for a thorough and independent review of the shooting, and the need to press charges against the officer if the facts justify it. I can understand a call for more non-lethal tools to pacify assailants. But to admit an ignorance of protocol, and to say that you'd believe anything negative, however fanciful, about the officer speaks volumes. This fiasco shows that cooler heads do not always prevail.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
lmao at this dump professor cop on cnn right now

e: cnn lady is looking at him like wtf

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

zen death robot posted:

It's been mentioned before but these "anonymous" leaks are either coming from STL County PD office or Bob McCulloch's office. That's why the news organizations are running with them.

My only question is whether its Kinder or McCulloch using their proxies. Either way, POTUS is pissed enough that he sent in Holder, a man with a reputation for giving the bosses enough rope to hang themselves and, over 2-3 years, listening to all their conversations until they say enough to go down before the next election. Everyone seems to be focused on '14, when everyone with power knows this case is all about '16.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

LLCoolJD posted:

This post sums up the fanatical, anti-white, anti-police sentiments underpinning the support of the 6'4", ~295 pound behemoth who (if it is him on the video) had just robbed a store and who (so the police report) had attacked the officer who shot him. There's such relish exhibited in the denigration of law enforcement and of whites who choose to side with the law enforcement interpretation of the incident. Those who would wax poetic about Brown's presumption of innocence are the same people who want to try an officer for murder in the court of public opinion.

I can understand a call for a thorough and independent review of the shooting, and the need to press charges against the officer if the facts justify it. I can understand a call for more non-lethal tools to pacify assailants. But to admit an ignorance of protocol, and to say that you'd believe anything negative, however fanciful, about the officer speaks volumes. This fiasco shows that cooler heads do not always prevail.

please source your stormfront c&ps thanks

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

My Imaginary GF posted:

Everyone seems to be focused on '14, when everyone with power knows this case is all about '16.

Only because democrats don't seem to know that there are elections between presidential years.

eddyc49
Aug 25, 2004

thefncrow posted:

Not just head down. If I'm remembering the autopsy findings correctly, the top of the head shot went into his shoulder and arm. If he just lowered his head and charged, the trajectory would be head to shoulder and out the back.

To get top of head to shoulder to arm, his entire upper body would have to be bent forward at the waist.

The police have just released a screen shot from the video of the shooting from Officer Wilson's body cam: http://i.imgur.com/4Asc6wk.jpg

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

LLCoolJD posted:

This post sums up the fanatical, anti-white, anti-police sentiments underpinning some of the support of the 6'4", ~295 pound behemoth who (if it is him on the video) had just robbed a store and who (so the police report) had attacked the officer who shot him. There's such relish exhibited in the denigration of law enforcement and of whites who choose to side with the law enforcement interpretation of the incident. Those who would wax poetic about Brown's presumption of innocence are the same people who want to try an officer for murder in the court of public opinion.

Yeah man, that behemoth got capped like he deserved, loving animals am i right, we're the ignorant ones for not supporting are heroes the police who serve and protect us from those goddamn nig--oh hang on, my pizza rolls are burning.

Goon
Apr 22, 2006
Iirc, Wilson plead the 5th rather than filing a report. Is this common in instances of an officer shooting a civilian?

Also, I've seen remarks that the store clerk never bothered filing a report for the theft. How did the police know about it? Did he call them but not press charges?

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

Only because democrats don't seem to know that there are elections between presidential years.

oh they know you silly

they just also know that any serious threat to the status quo endangers their paychecks

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

My Imaginary GF posted:

My only question is whether its Kinder or McCulloch using their proxies. Either way, POTUS is pissed enough that he sent in Holder, a man with a reputation for giving the bosses enough rope to hang themselves and, over 2-3 years, listening to all their conversations until they say enough to go down before the next election. Everyone seems to be focused on '14, when everyone with power knows this case is all about '16.

Yeah, but in February Holder announced he would be retiring this year. So I'm not certain the long game comes into play.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Goon posted:

Also, I've seen remarks that the store clerk never bothered filing a report for the theft. How did the police know about it? Did he call them but not press charges?

Another person in the store called the police while Brown was stealing the cigarillos or w/e

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Stultus Maximus posted:

And even if he beat up the cop and then charged the cop with his hands up, the cop still shot at him while he was running. There is absolutely no way to look at this and make the cop come out looking clean.

Bullshit.

"He had already savagely beaten me breaking bones in my face. Now he was charging me while I had my weapon drawn. I had good reason to fear for my life."

Wouldn't even make it to trial.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
When the Police murdered a Brazilian electrician on the London Underground the news reported he had jumped a turnstyle and run from the police causing them to suspect he was a terrorist so they had to shoot him. These reports were based on info from police sources.

Eye witnesses reported the electrician was quietly sitting on a train when the police burst into the carriage, held him down and shot him point blank in the head. The news did report this until long after his death and much less prominently.

When Ian Tomlinson died at the G20 protest the media reported he had been attacked and injured by protesters. When The Guardian got hold of a camera phone video of a riot officer shoving him to the ground and then being helped by protesters the media reported he was a drunk protester causing trouble. After several days and many eyewitness accounts the majority of the media acknowledged he was a newspaper seller who was wholly uninvolved with the protests and was instead on his way home from work.

When the Police murdered Mark Duggan, an event which lead to the London riots, the news reported he shot at the police and they were forced to shoot back. After a day of reporting this it emerged no gun was found in the car and while a bullet was lodged in an officer's radio it was fired by one of the police's MP5s. It was consistently reported he was a drug dealer although he had no convictions and there was no evidence to support this assertion. Finally a cropped picture was used to show what a thug Mr Duggan was. The full picture showed him to be holding a memorial for his deceased daughter.

Until the media present a scrap of proof their anonymous sources mean less than nothing.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
I'm looking at the autopsy report on the NYT, and I love how they have the arms laid out. I know it is a standard thing, but people don't hold their arms like that. They don't stand like that, they don't walk like that. Sure, he was shot in the front of the arm, but that would be the part of the arm that was facing Wilson while he was walking or running away. I don't think you can look at the wounds on his arm and say he wasn't shot from behind, before he turned around as the witnesses have described.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Goon posted:

Iirc, Wilson plead the 5th rather than filing a report. Is this common in instances of an officer shooting a civilian?

Yes.

A customer called them.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

hobbesmaster posted:

Yeah, the only thing that matters is who controls the Senate this fall. The larger issue is one of pipelines and Asian free trade, which Reid is single-handedly holding up. Obama could live with a split Senate, Joe won't vote to impeach him. Well, he trusts Joe to not vote to impeach him if that were the case.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Goon posted:

He invoked a court case (whose name I don't recall, something with a G) not the 5th, and I believe it is standard for stuff like this or if they crash a cop car or the like.

And it was called in by another customer.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

FactsAreUseless posted:

Actually, they offer no motive. Brown just attacks, stops attacking, and re-attacks apparently unprovoked.

No motive, but the toxicology results just so happened to show marijuana in his system. Draw your own conclusions. :smug:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

every time i see that autopsy report all i can think is "god that cop was a terrible loving shot, you aim at the center of mass you idiot"

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

thefncrow posted:

This probably doesn't exist. There is a police report (which we actually know the number of), but the officer probably invoked rather than compile a report that would lock in details of his story, which would mean someone else wrote it up.

Yeah, this is what happened. I don't remember where I read it but I read it 4-5 days ago.

e;fb:

Fried Chicken posted:

He invoked a court case (whose name I don't recall, something with a G) not the 5th, and I believe it is standard for stuff like this or if they crash a cop car or the like.

And it was called in by another customer.

Better explanation.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

fknlo posted:

Bullshit.

"He had already savagely beaten me breaking bones in my face. Now he was charging me while I had my weapon drawn. I had good reason to fear for my life."

Wouldn't even make it to trial.

That's ignoring the initial shot at his back. Not that I disagree that it wouldn't make it to trial.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

ComradeCosmobot posted:

No motive, but the toxicology results just so happened to show marijuana in his system. Draw your own conclusions. :smug:

Marijuana legalization is on the New Mexico ballot so I'm really excited.

...oh wait, you mean about the police murder? Yeah, weed doesn't make you violent, despite what those weird news stories out of Colorado about a man going insane and murdering his wife may try to suggest.

Goon
Apr 22, 2006

LLCoolJD posted:

The behemoth stole ~$50 worth of cigars and pushed the clerk. Any punishment for that crime would have been relatively light. Why on earth would he assault a police officer and charge him when the officer had already shot at him and stood there, with his gun drawn? That makes just as much sense as the officer gunning him down in cold blood for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

thefncrow posted:

The Grand Jury is a stall tactic, because it's being run by the shithead county DA. He's already saying he might not finish presenting his case until October.

St Louis County grand juries only meet once a week, so this isn't quite as ridiculous as it sounds - it's not like a trial where you're meeting four or five days a week. (That's not atypical - since grand jury panels serve for extended periods of time and handle multiple cases over multiple months, they can't meet every day or you'd literally bankrupt almost everyone who gets picked to serve.)

• Locked thread