Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Those sort of deaths in Transformers are so much "better" then the explosion ones you see most of the time. It's like a slow "oh poo poo, he's dead," kind of kill then a melodramatic screaming boom.

Kind of why I hate Vehicons. (except the Prime Toy, so good.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Ka0 posted:

I also got protoform op and his crazy-poseable legs, an indirect advantage from transforming into a space spermatozoid

Not a big fan of the color scheme although I do like the ida behind it. I should get out the Protoform Prime toy he really is a great figure while Starscream is merely OK.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Got the KO MP Smokescreen on eBay, and while I can't compare it to the real deal as I don't own that, it seems pretty much perfect. Paint is clean, joints are tight, nothing to complain about. Great deal for $35 total.

Also went to NJCC last weekend. First con I've been to, was fun but small. There wasn't much third party stuff but it was cool to see what was there, very tempting when you see them in person. Bought two more of the Hercules bots, and now just need the legs--even without them though holy poo poo he is huge. Weird aesthetic though; he certainly isn't MP and he isn't CHUG. Also picked up two prints from Andrew Griffith, who was a really nice guy.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I was at NJCC too!

For as small as it was they had a pretty nice selection of 3P stuff. There was one booth that had Scoria, Quakewave, TFC's Hercules (I believe?), and a bunch of hand kits. There was one guy that had overpriced FP figures. And over where the Preorder 66 guys were had a few of note I got to see Swamper in real life so that was cool. I ended up getting the Fansproject Weirdwolf and I LOVE that thing. I liked that the hotel had some crazy BBQ restaurant attached to it where I could get a giant five meat burger and take years off of my life.

Secht
Oct 5, 2012
I stopped into NJCC for about 30 min taking a brief look around. Crowd seemed healthy around 1ish but yeah it isn't very big. Ended up leaving empty handed which made my wife happy - still fun to look around.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Talk about a wonderful blast from the past, my mom sent me a box of my old toys and I found these gems inside.

Looks like a pretty beat up, but still awesome Prime, Grapple, Scattershot, Nosecone and my most favorite of all Astrotrain. Now idea who the blue and orange race cars are though. I am surprised how well these guys have held up, Prime has taken a beating over the years, but I have probably played with him more than any other bot. To bad none of their weapons have survived but I am rather happy to be able to display some of these after so many years.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
SPACEBUS!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rythe posted:

Talk about a wonderful blast from the past, my mom sent me a box of my old toys and I found these gems inside.

Looks like a pretty beat up, but still awesome Prime, Grapple, Scattershot, Nosecone and my most favorite of all Astrotrain. Now idea who the blue and orange race cars are though. I am surprised how well these guys have held up, Prime has taken a beating over the years, but I have probably played with him more than any other bot. To bad none of their weapons have survived but I am rather happy to be able to display some of these after so many years.

The red, white, and blue robot is Crosshairs, an Autobot Targetmaster from the class of '87. Are his back (hip) wheels all floppy? The ones on mine were. I started losing interest in Transformers after that year, but I always had a soft spot for the Targetmasters: Crosshairs, Sureshot, and Pointblank.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Blue and Orange Man is named Gobots. Yes. His gimmick is he changes colors and loses all the stickers you put on him when wet.

Some interviews about combiner wars. The colonies in Windblade #4 are going to be a part of the series, so that's cool.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

This does actually sound increasingly good, and I like the idea of coming full circle back to a cold war. As we discussed earlier, the core furman idea is a really good one. It also seems to hint that MTMTE and Megatron are just going to remain out there, not being violated by another crossover.

Unrelated but apparently Wave 2.5 (Lockdown into wave 2) has shown up in Canada at wal-marts.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Miss out on Giant and Hercules? There's a new third-party Devastator on the horizon!

Well, at least it'll probably be affordable.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

Unrelated but apparently Wave 2.5 (Lockdown into wave 2) has shown up in Canada at wal-marts.

I'm just praying Snarl's wave doesn't get cancelled or anything, I still want him and Slog.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
they'll release a wave for the home release. Worst off, it's probably just going to be a wait.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
So, RiD #32:

Galvatron is rapidly becoming the star of the show, I love his sneering brand of disgusted superiority and contempt for pretty much everything. Surprisingly, Prowl is making Prime look like a right chump, which I'm also digging because Prowl's basically Robot Namor at this point, and I'm left wishing Jazz, Soundwave and Thundercracker could just find some nice pals to hang out with because all three seem like cool guys at heart who deserve better from life than this constant carnage and mayhem poo poo.

As for the reveal, I am somewhat nonplussed...

..why on Earth would humans be cloning Thrust and Ramjet? Like, seriously, it's not so much shocking as it is baffling.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Knormal posted:

Miss out on Giant and Hercules? There's a new third-party Devastator on the horizon!

That's an awesome animated version. If it's soft vinyl then it becomes the perfect sandbox devastator.

edit: not soft vinyl, apparently an actionmaster style articulated figure.

Vaporware fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Aug 20, 2014

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Knormal posted:

I got to handle one at TFCon. It's actually pretty neat and has some nice ratchet joints. Be cool if they released more characters based on the animation models.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Man I couldn't disagree more on that Devastator. I'm against non-transforming figures anyway, but making one that is so loyal to the animation model that it looks all misshapen just makes it look cheap to me. I mean Bonecrusher's shovel is just a solid wedge.

Anyway here's a Butt Fighter.

I think this is something we can all get behind.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

That's super federal!

edit: Hey Takara, please do this:

Love, Blackheart

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Aug 20, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Sentinel Red posted:

..why on Earth would humans be cloning Thrust and Ramjet? Like, seriously, it's not so much shocking as it is baffling.

Because there can never be enough different colored seekers

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Rita Repulsa posted:

Some interviews about combiner wars. The colonies in Windblade #4 are going to be a part of the series, so that's cool.

Is it bad that I like the sound of this purely because we might get a possible speaking roll for Knock Out?

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

RaspberryCommie posted:

Is it bad that I like the sound of this purely because we might get a possible speaking roll for Knock Out?

I want this for the same reason, but from what I am reading it seems more likely that the others will stop Starscream from opening the spacebridge than he will actually accomplish establishing communication with the other colonies.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The article says Starscream making contact is the flashpoint for the conflict itself, so I'd imagine Knock Out could be in this. Sarah Stone does like drawing Knock Out too!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

HELP US

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

So I have my original Constructicons and I want to work on gathering all the additional components to form Devastator, but I can not seem to find a good list of all the necessary items required. Does anybody happen to have access/list of all the necessary items needed to form Devastator?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The individual Constructicons' pages on TFU.info will show what each of them came with.

http://www.tfu.info/1985/Decepticon/Devastator/devastator.htm

Off the top of my head for the complete traditional Devastator you need the hip piece, chest wing, crotch wing, two lower arms, and two fists. Then there's the optional bits like the drill hands, head laser, and big gun if you want to throw everything on there you can.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Rythe posted:

So I have my original Constructicons and I want to work on gathering all the additional components to form Devastator, but I can not seem to find a good list of all the necessary items required. Does anybody happen to have access/list of all the necessary items needed to form Devastator?

Once again this site might help!

Look at each individual constructicon

edit: poo poo, I've been beat! It's over - FINISHED!

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 21, 2014

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
That's one big bootleg
http://www.tf-direct.com/store/mp-08x-ko-preorder

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

On another robot dinosaur topic, I found Slog today. I have to say he's my least favorite Dinobot so far, he's got a lot of soft plastic that has way more structural importance in the transformation than it should, and the front part of his dino mode gets bent up against his back in robot mode, meaning it comes out of the package pre-bent to all hell. I can probably straighten it back out with a hair dryer, but in robot mode there's nowhere else for it to so it either has to bend or leave him with giant dinosaur neck back kibble. It's a really bad design.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yep its packaging is very silly, apparently it's easy to fix though. If they're gonna use soft parts the packaging designer really should be more careful.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Knormal posted:

The individual Constructicons' pages on TFU.info will show what each of them came with.

Off the top of my head for the complete traditional Devastator you need the hip piece, chest wing, crotch wing, two lower arms, and two fists. Then there's the optional bits like the drill hands, head laser, and big gun if you want to throw everything on there you can.

Old combiners had a lot of parts forming. Lose one piece and suddenly you've got a weird stumpy legged computron.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I got a lot of green

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Knormal posted:

Thanks for the info and the great link, I haven't been to that site yet. Time to check it all out and spend some cash on some more toys.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Ka0 posted:

I got a lot of green

Is that a voyager Crosshairs :swoon: it's gorgeous!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Sockser posted:

Is that a voyager Crosshairs :swoon: it's gorgeous!

I'm pretty sure that's just the mass-market Deluxe. There's no VOY mold planned for Crosshairs.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Is that Crosshairs the Takara versions or the one from the Platinum 5-pack? He looks a LOT better than the US retail one. The Snarl seems to have sparkly green paint so I'm guessing you got the Takara versions. If that's the case, I think you made a wise choice paying a little extra for those.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

kill me...

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Sockser posted:

kill me...

That image is pretty badly mistransformed - the hood over the head especially.

Man, when's Hasbro gonna get competent photographers for their stock images?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah the guy just took it straight out of the package and snapped some pictures. Didn't even know what to do with the extra time bomb/blaster. I find Crosshairs and Drift to be very fun figures, I expect new Camaro bee to not disappoint either. I had to paint a few extra details into my Crosshairs to make him closer to the Takara version (mainly his goggles, shoulder stuff and those two tubes on his abdomen)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

So wait, does the Crosshairs deluxe not actually look that lovely??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Columpio came. This is my first 3rd party transformer...I don't know how to feel.

He seems awesome, great articulation and I found the transformation clear enough to someone who hasn't played with a transformer in a few years. Flipping the head gave me a bit of trouble but he's all present an correct now.